Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate ❯ When Smiles Bring Back Memories... ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chaptre 4: When Smiles Bring Back Memories.
 
Syaoran woke up but his eyes remained closed. He turned to his side and felt something warm against his skin. When he opened his eyes, he found Sakura cuddled up beside him.
 
His first instinct was to scream and run but he thought about it some more. Getting out of bed, careful not to wake Sakura, and flattening his green pajamas, he looked at Sakura's sleeping face. She looked almost serene, peaceful. He looked out the window and saw the bright sun.
 
“A storm is coming tonight…” said a voice from behind with a matching touch on Syaoran's shoulder.
 
“Waaaah!!!” Syaoran cried, holding on to whatever held on to him and threw.
 
“Yo, brat, you could at least be a little more gentle!” screamed a yellow creature almost like a bear.
 
“Who are you calling a brat?!” Syaoran yelled, but then he immediately covered his mouth and looked around checking if Sakura had awakened.
 
Thankfully, she did not.
 
“I'm going to make breakfast.” Syaoran said trying to cool down. He looked around and saw Kero meditating; the glow he emitted was eerie.
 
After a while, Sakura finally woke up.
 
She heard the door open and in came Syaoran carrying a tray of pancakes, juice and honey.
 
He laid the silver tray on her lap and gave her a tablet which he told her she was required to drink to lower her fever from the rain.
 
“Sya—..” Sakura started.
 
“Shut up.” Syaoran said not looking at her. “I'm only here to keep you company till your brother comes back so don't talk to me and don't get used to breakfast in bed.”
 
He frowned and left the room.
 
Not this coldness again…
 
He avoided her for the rest of the day minding her only when she really needed help, like helping extinguish the egg she was trying to cook.
 
But with each help, there was always that frown; that cold frown.
 
One day, Yukito came over.
 
Ding…Dong.
 
“I'll get it!” Sakura cried out as she wiped her hands on the towel after leaving the dishes behind.
 
“For crying out loud, keep it down! It's not like anybody else is gonna get it!” The chocolate brown haired male said. He was reading a comic book he brought from his house.
 
She winced at the sound of his harsh words. She paused for a while then resumed to open the door.
 
“Ohay-….Yukito-san?” Sakura said, her cheeks feeling hot.
 
“Ohayo Sakura. I just wanted to ask where To-ya has been. I haven't seen him in the last few weeks.” He said as the rims of his glasses shined in the morning sun.
 
Sakura then felt hate. `You…you ran over Onii-chan's heart; like you did mine…' she thought to herself looking down, paying no attention to Yukito's concentrated look on her.
 
“H-He's out o-of the c-country f-for now…” Sakura said stuttering again. Why'd I have to stutter at a time like this?!
 
“Oh, that's too bad. I thought he would like to join Nakuru and I-..” Yukito explained as he put his hand behind his silvery hair, but Sakura ran away.
 
Sakura's POV -while running away—
 
Nakuru, Nakuru, Nakuru.
 
I hate it. He's so clueless, too clueless.
 
Touya was his best friend, but Yukito never saw it. He never saw the love Touya always portrayed. Then he goes asking someone he just met a few weeks ago to be his girlfriend!
 
I call that stupid.
 
He has no consideration whatsoever. How could he ask Touya to join him and Nakuru when Nakuru is the exact reason Touya stayed away from Yukito, the exact reason he left the country. He wanted to heal the wounds Yukito left in his heart.
 
And then, there was I.
 
I, yet again, was another admirer yet he never saw it. He was so oblivious to every action I did to make him notice me. He never saw my affection, my love.
 
I mean like, when you are constantly being stared at, being blushed at, when you are taken to a candle-lit dinner on a balcony, don't you think something is up?
 
Touya thought he was someone he could depend on. I thought the same way, but I guess we were wrong.
 
Third Person's POV
 
“Sakura, Wait!” he said but she just ignored him.
 
“What's wrong with her?...” Yukito asked at no one in particular.
 
“Don't you get it? Do you have to be so insensible, so ignorant?” came an answer from the entrance to the kitchen.
 
“Excuse me…?”
 
“She loved you, you ditz!” Syaoran thought `She loved you, not me…'
 
“What?” Yukito asked, his eyes narrowing.
 
“You heard me! She loved YOU and you never noticed it! You never noticed the love an angel gave you. A perfect girl fell in love with YOU and yet you step all over her heart! Someone as pretty and thoughtful as her, why'd you not notice, you twit!?
 
Then you go confessing your love to a girl you've only known for God knows how long making her feel even worse! So you go to her house, totally unaware of how much you hurt her, asking if her brother who, mind you, has been away for some time now, if he would want to join YOU and YOUR girlfriend.
 
What is wrong with you?! How could you do this to her?” Syaoran was panting and really red due to his outburst.
 
Yukito sighed, “Look, it's not my fault. How should, no, could I know she loved me? It's not like she did anything that really caught my attention. I mean like, why would I be interested in her? She's too young.” he said with a face that said `I don't care.'
 
Syaoran was fuming. “You used to be kind, Tsukishiro Yukito. You used to be smart. Yue was probably the only reason you were so nice to Sakura before.”
 
“Maybe that IS the reason. Why should I care? I have my own life now and I do what I want with it.” Yukito said with an evil glint in his eyes.
 
Syaoran was practically spitting out lava. His Chocolate brown hair was standing on it's ends. He lost control and pushed Yukito out and made him fall on his back. He wanted to punch him and make him bleed but he thought Sakura wouldn't agree with that.
 
“Don't ever return.” Syaoran said darkly, closed the door and locked it.
 
Yukito got up and walked away. As his foot touched to ground where the steps of Sakura's house's stoop began, he felt funny, light-headed. He looked down at his hands and was surprised to see them transparent.
 
“What the…”
 
Before he could finish, he disappeared completely.
 
At Hiragizawa Eriol's house,
 
“Don't you have a date with Yukito today?” Eriol asked his Ruby guardian.
 
Nakuru looked at him confusingly. “Who's Yukito?”
 
Eriol then looked at her and gave one of his oh-so mysterious smiles. Reflected on his glasses were the flames dancing in the fire place making him look more mystifying.
 
“Oh nobody, just imagining stuff…”
 
“You're weird Eriol-sama. Suppi, where are my cookies?!” She said and ran out the room.
 
So it has happened already, hasn't it?
 
Back at the Kinomoto residence,
 
Sakura looked out the window and watched in shock as her used to be love disappeared.
 
The door opened which made Sakura jump. It was Syaoran carrying mini strawberry shortcakes in little pink wrappers.
 
“Here, I found these in the fridge. I thought you might like them. I hate sweets anyway.” he said, laying the tray beside her.
 
As he straightened, he looked at Sakura and found her gazing into his eyes.
 
“Syaoran, did you really mean what you said when you were talking to Yukito-san, about me being pretty and…thoughtful and someone….perfect?”
 
Syaoran blushed crimson and stepped back.
I have to hide this, I can't let her find out I still care about her. It'll just break her already shattered heart and the Li clan would not agree to this, they'll just hurt her.
 
He wanted to say `Of course not, I just said that to make him go away.'
 
But his heart took control and instead his lips said “Of course. It's the truth.”
 
Realizing what he said, he covered his mouth with both his hands turning ever redder.
 
`You half-wit! What did you just say?! Why'd you tell her that?!' he mentally fought with himself.
 
Sakura looked at him and smiled. “Arigatou Syaoran….”
 
She's smiling….
 
The Chinese warrior put his hands down and smiled back.
 
Then there was pain. A bolt of hurt shot through his head which made him fall to his knees.
 
“Syaoran!” Sakura ran to his side.
 
Syaoran's POV
 
“My head… It..hurts…” I told her weakly.
 
“You should rest.” Sakura said as she helped me up and sat me down on her bed.
 
Flashes of images ran through my head. Each one was a memory of……
 
…Sakura.
 
They were the memories the Li clan was supposed to have erased.
 
As the pain subsided I thought about what had happened and realized, `It was because I saw her smile….'
 
I took her in my arms and whispered in her ears. “Thank you. So much.”
 
“For what…?” Sakura asked slowly clearly surprised yet somehow relieved at the fact that I was holding her, like I always wanted to, in my arms.
 
I pulled her away and smiled, but before I could explain, a voice came booming from nowhere.
 
“Li Syaoran!”
 
I shivered. I knew who that voice belonged to, firm yet commanding. It belonged….
 
…..To my mother.