Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate ❯ What Made The Chocolate Melt.... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chaptre 3: What Made The Chocolate Melt…
 
The next morning,
 
The cherry blossom shivered under her comforter. The tears were streaming down her face; partially because of her broken heart and partially because of Syaoran's behavior.
 
Why did he act so indifferently? He was so cold…. So nasty, so rotten. His chocolate brown eyes looked emotionless….
 
Sakura buried her face in her satin pillow then she heard a knock.
 
“It's *sniff* open….”she said sitting up.
 
A figure of magnificence entered her room. Silvery wisps of hair swayed as he walked towards the bed and wings of bright white were neatly folded.
 
“Mistress, you must not shed tears. It does not suit someone with a lady with such an elegant face.” Yue told her cupping her chin with his hand.
 
Sakura turned faintly pink.
 
“I know who of which you speak of, of which you shed these tears for.”
 
Sakura tilted her head sideways. “Uh…? English please? Shakespeare always gives me a headache.” she looked at him and giggled.
 
The angel was relieved to see his mistress feeling better with her sense of humor back.
 
“He just acts...so…. cold around me. Looking into his eyes was like a trip to the north pole.” She said.
 
Yue stepped back and crossed his arms. Ever since he and Yukito have been separated, Yue has become stronger. They were separated due to a wish. Yue wished for his own life, devoted to serve his mistress and with his willpower and the power of Sakura's star, it was fulfilled.
 
“I feel the wolf's presence. His aura seems, distracted.” Yue suddenly said.
 
Sakura's chest tightened. “Nanyate?...?!”
 
She stood up and frantically waved her arms in the air.
 
Yue stopped her so abruptly, she forgot to breathe.
 
“Breathe Mistress.” he said plainly.
 
“Hai…” she said letting all the air out and then inhaling.
 
When her breathing was back to normal, Yue told her…
 
“He's at the front door.”
 
“NaNI?!” Sakura yelled.
 
She rushed down the stairs and opened the door to find a shocked Syaoran with his hand raised, inches away from the doorbell.
 
“Li-san…W-w-what brings you here?” Sakura asked stammering.
 
Syaoran stared into Sakura's eyes, those pools of green which were so mesmerizing. He saw anxiety in them and maybe… fear.
 
“Uh…Li-san?” Sakura asked with a flash of concern in her eyes.
 
He snapped out of his trance. Darn, those eyes were just too beautiful…Is this really Sakura in front of me, or an angel? Syaoran saw the outlines of the tears she had let out a little while ago.
 
When Sakura realized just what he was staring at, she quickly turned around to wipe her face.
 
“Li-San, I….-” Sakura started.
 
Syaoran, though, interrupted her. “Imreallysorryifiactedlikesuchajerkyesterday.” Syaoran said in one breath. He saw her confused look and managed to hide back a smile.
 
“What I mean is: I'm really sorry if I hurt you yesterday.” He looked anywhere but her eyes. His hands were behind him and were shaking so much you could hear the chocolates inside the box he was carrying rattling.
 
“I…er..Here.” He thrust the box of chocolates into her face, blushing madly.
 
Sakura smiled and accepted the present. “Please come in, Tomoyo dropped by a little while ago. She sneaked in and filmed me while I was asleep, can you believe her?”
 
“You know, your dad coul— ..”
 
“Li-san, my dad died five months ago, when you were ignoring me…”Sakura confessed sadly. She looked down.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, my condolences.” Damn, why do I always do this to her? Why do I always hurt her?
 
Sakura tried to put on a cheerful disposition “Come in, were about to have breakfast. Oh, and don't worry about Touya, he's in Paris or was it Italy…? Or maybe the Philippines? Well anyway, he's somewhere out there traveling.”
 
Syaoran answered in another rotten way “I bet he was happy to leave.” inside though he was screaming How could he leave you?!
 
His lips said “You ARE such a cry baby after all.”
 
While his soul said, You must really feel lonely…
 
His lips once again said “I don't understand how he could stand with you being his sister.”
 
While his heart said, I would give anything in the world for you to be in my arms.
 
He stepped inside and brushed against Sakura's tensed shoulders.
 
“Ohayo, Tomoyo.” He said walking into the kitchen.
 
“Ohayo Li-kun.” She said while spreading jam on her bread. “Did you….cheer Sakura up? I heard her talk and she sounded more cheerful than last night.”
 
He sighed. Trust Sakura to tell Tomoyo EVERYTHING.
 
Syaoran was about to answer but instead, Sakura was the one to reply.
 
“He cheered me up a lot. See here, he gave me chocolates.” She pointed at the bright green box and popped a piece with the exact same colour as Syaoran's hair into her mouth.
 
Tomoyo looked at her intently
 
Uh-oh, she knows something….Syaoran held his breath.
 
Tomoyo then cried out “Kawaii! Sakura you look so cute eating that! Wait, where's my camera?”
 
Syaoran dropped anime-style.
 
“Oh, is it that late already?” Tomoyo said looking at her watch.
 
Sakura glanced at the wall clock. 10 o'clock. Sometimes, I just don't get Tomoyo and her schedules…
 
Tomoyo went for the door and Sakura cleaned up the dishes.
 
Tomoyo dragged Syaoran from behind and whispered, “Chocolates are very helpful. But if the chocolate turns rotten, it's worthless. It can't really be the solution, if It is the problem.”
 
She left leaving Syaoran bewildered. What does she mean by that? I didn't give Sakura rotten chocolates… or maybe she wasn't talking about…
 
“Li-san, why are you so mean to me...?” someone said from behind in a very low voice.
 
“Well, what I said is true isn't it? Why do I even bother wasting my time here? I'm going home.” He said gruffly.
 
Then he heard sniffles. Darn, she's crying again. I hate it when she cries, it's tearing me apart!
 
“Li-san….”
 
That voice made Syaoran's heart soften, like the look of his eyes.
 
“Call me Syaoran; like you used to. And if you're really lonely I guess, I could stay here for a few days…” Syaoran turned into his famous scarlet colour.
 
Sakura's eyes gleamed. “Really?!” Then she smiled as she hugged him.
 
Sakura was once again in his arms and it made Syaoran's heart melt….just like chocolate.