Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Chronicles of the Ookami Realm: Legend of Li Syaoran ❯ Northern Ookami ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chronicles of the Ookami Realm: Legend of Li Syaoran
 
According to Legend, those who encounter him will see their death flash in his eyes. Will the Legend of the Ookami Realm stand true when innocent Princess Sakura accidentally ventures forth?
 
--
 
Chapter 6: Northern Ookami
--
 
And now, he just scored himself a date with his soon-to-be-but-not-yet-wife.
 
--
 
Sakura yawned loudly as she heard a persistent knocking at her door. She moaned as she sat up with the blanket covering her and said, “Come in…”
 
The door creaked open and she was amused to find Syaoran standing there, wearing rather formal attire. Clothing that was fit for a king. Sakura pulled the blankets up higher and raised a brow at him.
 
“Yes?”
 
“We have to leave soon.” He said as he leaned against her door and Sakura frowned.
 
“To?”
 
“Northern Ookami…”
 
It dawned to Sakura, she had promised to go with him to the Northern Ookami that day. She sighed as she glared at him.
 
“Alright, I'm coming- but if you stand in front of my door all morning, I'm afraid I won't be leaving the safety of my bed.”
 
Syaoran laughed as he shook his head. “Fine,” he said, “but hurry up, the carriages are waiting.”
 
--
 
Sakura walked outside in a pale pink kimono that had white flowers decorating the base. Her hair was swishing against her back as she had left it down. Sakura made it quickly to the carriages and was surprised to find Syaoran standing outside of a large horse-drawn carriage with his arms crossed.
 
“Took you long enough!” He complained and Sakura frowned.
 
“I went as fast as I could.” She replied and she shook his head as he held his hand out. Sakura, though reluctant, took his hand as he helped her hoist up to the carriage. After Sakura was nestled into the carriage, he came in after her and the door was slammed shut.
 
“You abruptly wake me up in the morning, yell at me for being late and then take me to Northern Ookami- without food.”
 
Syaoran laughed as he handed a small box to her. “I had it packed just before I went to wake you up.”
 
Sakura smiled softly. “I was joking, Lord.”
 
“But a Lady must eat.”
 
Sakura simply didn't say anything as she slowly started eating. Syaoran looked her over before tilting his head.
 
“You seem more comfortable around me,” he observed, “not that I'm complaining…”
 
Sakura glanced at him. “Even with my powers restricted, I can sense auras and yours hold no trace of darkness.”
 
Syaoran merely nodded as he leaned back. “Yeah- about your magic…”
 
Sakura didn't say anything to that.
 
“We'll see about it,” he finally said, “just like how you're waiting out your marriage to me- I'll wait out to give you your magic back.”
 
Sakura frowned and she turned to him. “Why me? So many other girls have magic.”
 
“None of them possess Clow magic.” Syaoran replied. “My line has married strong magicians over time to keep our heirs strong and healthy. My parents never loved each other, for my father forced her- and I don't want to end up like them.”
 
Sakura listened intently to what he said.
 
“That's why I gave you a choice. I won't force you, you'll willingly become.”
 
“And if I say no?”
 
“You'll stay here as long as it takes you to say yes, willingly.” Syaoran grinned as Sakura rolled her eyes.
 
“Lord, that wasn't funny.”
 
“Call me Syaoran…”
 
Sakura looked up at him before smiling softly, “And me, Sakura.”
 
She had to admit though; this man wasn't as bad as people portrayed him as to be…
 
--
 
It had taken half a day's journey to arrive to the Northern Ookami and Sakura was surprised to see a village, an actual village, with people- lots of people. She stared out the window, the handkerchief that had her food wrapped around in long since forgotten.
 
“Why is this place so bustling yet where you live, it's so desolate?” Sakura inquired as Syaoran studied her over.
 
“A place where royalty lives is where the attacks are concentrated. I live alone so that none of the villagers would get hurt, should there be an unexpected attack.”
 
Sakura smiled as she continued to stare out the window. Many people started following the carriage, half of them in tattered clothing, however grinning toothily.
 
“They're so- excited.” Sakura observed as the carriage came to a halt. The door swung open and Syaoran jumped out, holding his hand out for his Lady. Sakura, attentively, placed her hand in his hand and he easily hoisted her out, keeping her close to his body, his arm rightly wrapped around her waist.
 
At first Sakura was about to protest but she realized why he had done that. The villagers were trying to get a closer look at their Lord and some where trying to get a feel of his body.
 
And if the Lord arrived with a woman, it was pretty safe to assume it was HIS lady. And because of that, they tried to get a feel of her too. Sakura dug her head into Syaoran's chest, trying to keep the onlookers away from her line of vision and her hands had covered her ears.
 
“Move!” Syaoran ordered as some of his guards made a pathway. Syaoran easily made it through, with Sakura still remaining in his arms. Finally, after the air loosened up, he released his hold from the tiny woman and she started breathing evenly again. It was almost hell to go through, since one of the villagers managed to latch onto her leg.
 
The guard, thankfully, dragged him off of her and that incident only made Syaoran hold onto her tighter.
 
“You alright?” He whispered as he pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. Sakura nodded as she started calming down.
 
“That was- frightening.” She commented, looking up and smiling at him.
 
“At least you made it out alive?” Syaoran grinned slyly and Sakura nodded small.
 
“I supposed.”
 
“Come,” Syaoran held his hand out to Sakura who hesitantly took it. “We have a castle to explore, people to meet and decisions to make. Treat this land as you would your own- just refrain yourself from beheading people. Please,” Syaoran's eyes twinkled with mischief, “My guillotines are mighty rusty and instead of chopping somebody's head off, the blade might snap in two.”
 
Sakura's shoulders shook as she burst into a fit of laughter. Syaoran smiled as he led her into his northern castle, her giggles still randomly bubbling from her lips. Syaoran had to admit, her laugh was the most amazing sound he had ever heard.
 
“So, how long are we planning to remain here?” Sakura asked as she calmed down from her random bout of laughter.
 
“At most this day before we return to the other castle.” Syaoran told her.
 
Sakura nodded as she examined the castle. It was not as grand as the other one she was in, yet this was quaint and had a comforting aura around it. Nobody that held a dark aura resided in the castle, not from what Sakura could tell, and that calmed her a bit.
 
“So,” Syaoran grinned at her, “what do you wish to do first?”
 
Sakura raised a brow. “Don't you have things to attend to?”
 
“Yes but not until they call me. They have to prepare whatever they have to prepare.”
 
Sakura rolled her eyes as she looked around. “How are the gardens here?” She asked.
 
“Why don't we take a look see?”
 
Sakura laughed as she took his extended arm and he started leading them to the outdoor garden. It was a great feeling, Syaoran observed, to have a lady by his side smiling and laughing.
 
He wouldn't make the same mistake as his father. His father forced his mother to bed to be permanently married.
 
Syaoran would never do the same to Sakura. She would come willingly. And as much as he didn't want to tell Sakura, he would let her return of she refused.
 
But that fact she didn't have to know. He wanted her to fall in love with him, he needed her to run his realm.
 
But most of all, he needed her to be happy for the next few decades before his time was over. He couldn't stand being lonely anymore.
 
For every lord, there must be a lady.
 
And for Lord Syaoran, she is Lady Sakura.
 
--
 
Short, yes but if I did anything more, that would ruin the order of how things are going. The next chapter should be pretty long because I have this whole thing planned for it. The next chapter is one of two parts so it's like Chapter 7 is part 1 and chapter 8 is part two and then chapter 9 it's out of that loop.
 
I'm guessing this story is 15-17 some odd chapter long? Then Part two will being, a brief synopsis will be given at the end of this story!
 
Stay tuned!
 
Lub,
 
Sakura