Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Couple Dates ❯ Park Daisies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N.: Chapter two, about Chiharu and Yamazaki. This is actually the one I wrote first because it's a couple I really like. I find them to be very cute and hope to make another ONESHOT of them, which would be, again, based on an Official pic… but it's an incredibly cute and sweet one, so I think it'd be worth it.
 
Enough of my rambling already, here you go!
 
SHOT 2: PARK DAISIES
 
Mihara Chiharu sat on her school desk in the middle of the classroom. Class itself had just ended with the teacher's dismissal, but she hadn't been very interested in it in the first place and spaced out almost through the whole lesson. If the teacher noticed, he'd let it pass and didn't call her once, even if it was painfully obvious that she hadn't been paying much attention to the lecture, but to the outside sky through the big glass window instead.
 
Ten minutes after class was over, Yamazaki sighed and headed towards her desk, on top of which he practically dropped his hand on, right next to hers. The noise was enough to stir her out of her thoughts before he began speaking, “Chiharu, if you're gonna keep staring outside all day, I'm not gonna wait for you any longer! Can we go now?”
 
“Huh? Oh, Takashi! Class is over already?” She asked, a bit surprised.
 
“What?!” The boy shouted, his normally closed eyes snapping open, “And you didn't notice? We're already 8th-graders, you know? It's not a good idea to neglect classes! What were you doing anyway?”
 
“Nothing… just thinking.” Chiharu answered, her voice lower than the genki voice he was used to hearing every day. “Look, since today is Saturday, can we go out today? There's something I need to talk to you about.”
 
“OK, I don't think there's a problem. After club activities, right?”
 
“Sounds fine. At the park? You know, the one near that spot where we found Sakura-chan the day before Li-kun went back to Hong Kong?”
 
“No problem here, 4 o'clock is OK for you?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Well then, let's hurry or we'll be late for our clubs!” Takashi said with his usual smile as he took her hand in his and guided her out of the classroom.
 
~//~
 
Chiharu actually arrived two hours earlier, since her club activity had been cut to half. She used the time to think about how she was going to break the news to her childhood friend, but as much as she thought, her advantage was cut short and she couldn't think of a satisfying method.
 
That and Takashi arrived. Both were surprised to find they were wearing the matching crown clothes they had been using the day Chiharu helped Sakura before Syaoran returned to Hong Kong. As soon as they realized that, both started laughing.
 
When they finally calmed themselves, there were tears falling from both of their eyes due to the intense laughing. More unconsciously than not, Takashi picked up the basket Chiharu had brought and guided the girl to a place in the park full of daisies.
 
There, she wordlessly got the yellow and orange checkered sheet from the wooden basket and spread it on the ground. Only when he was already seated did Takashi realize the existence of the object he'd carried. “Chiharu? Why didn't you say you wanted to go on a picnic?”
 
Slowly, she raised her head to meet his eyes and blushed lightly under his gaze. “Actually, I only thought about it when I got home,” the girl answered shyly as she took out the sandwiches and the plastic plates. “I had little time to get everything ready, but at least I was able to make something.”
 
“You made this?” He asked, looking at some of the things his friend had already taken out. Baked cookies were one of the items, different kinds of fruit carefully cut were another.
 
A quiet nod was her only reply.
 
“Then I'll have to run to the nearest pharmacy and get some stomach medicine or something.”
 
“WHAT?!” The girl shouted, pouncing on him. His neck was soon between both of her hands and she wasted no time shaking it none-too-gently. “Even though I made this with all my heart, you still have to use cruel words like that?! You don't change, do you?! Don't you know how I feel about you already? Why do you keep saying those things to me?!”
 
Throughout all the shouting, Chiharu never stopped shaking her friend's neck in a clear show of tension. It was only when the last phrase escaped her lips, however, that she stopped, loosening her grip word by word, giving him time to breathe. It was with a considerable drop of volume that she whispered, “Do you have any idea how much it hurts to hear that from you right now?!”
 
Takashi was a bit surprised at her outburst, but even more at the tears that were by then falling from her peachy face, but at least he finally understood her feelings as a mirror of his own.
 
She let him go, arms dropping carelessly by her sides. Using an elbow as support, he raised a hand to swipe the tears from her eyes. She remained still, eyes closed in an obvious display of delight from his gentle touch. “Sorry, I didn't know it would hurt you; you never really cried before. I was just trying to start a conversation.”
 
Very carefully, he cupped her face and held it in place. Raising his upper body enough to sit up beside her, his lips met hers in a very tender kiss. Her beautiful brown eyes shot open only to slowly close again.
 
The sweet touch didn't last very long; when they parted a few inches, the two childhood friends remained motionless as they looked at each other. During this interval, the only sounds they could remotely hear were the wind howling and the somewhat distant shouts of the people still in the park.
 
A few minutes later, it was Chiharu who tried to break the silence. “Takashi, I…”
 
He, however, brought a finger to her lips, quieting the girl immediately. “I know.”
 
Reaching out to her, Takashi swiftly brought his friend down on top of him and kissed her again, carefully, as though afraid to break a porcelain doll.
 
“I know,” he whispered against her lips, “and I love you too.”
 
Her heart beating faster as the words registered in her mind, a lonely tear of joy slid down her soft cheek…
 
END of SHOT 2: PARK DAISIES
 
A.N.: Takashi-kun and Chiharu-chan form my current second favorite couple of Card Captor Sakura, the first being Syaoran and Meirin (I'm talking about hetero couples here!). As such, I really enjoyed picturing this. I know this is not CLAMP's style, but it's the only one I wrote like that… I couldn't resist!
 
There's another picture, of Chiharu-chan and Takashi-kun, that I find incredibly cute! It's the one where a part of one of her ribbons is entangled on the branch of a tree and he's trying to release it for her. I'm not sure if I'll do a oneshot on that one too, but this is, hopefully, not the last time I deal with them! ;-)
 
Type you in the next oneshot!
KaiLi Syaoran-Lover