Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dance with Me ❯ Suspense in the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PAIR IT!
 
Disclaimer: Card captor Sakura is owned by CLAMP and it is theirs alone. There might be some characters I just made up in this fanfic; those characters I own.
 
Gosh. This would be the first time I'm going to write here. So PLEASE bear with me. I hope you'll like this story. There might be incorrect grammar and spelling here. I'm really sorry about that... can't help it... So… ENJOY!
 
 
 
Syaoran's POV
9:30 a.m. - Syaoran's room
 
Ugh. What's that annoying sound? Can somebody please turn that noisy thing off? Whatever it is… TURN IT OFF! I tried to open my eyes and saw my alarm clock. Gah. Stupid alarm clock. I took it and threw it to the lavishly carpeted floor of my room. I tried to stand up but my body refuses. Come on, Syaoran. Stand up. I got off of my bed and forced myself to trudge way down to my bathroom. I went inside and faced in front of the mirror. Damn messy hair. I hate it when my hair's messy. I smiled at myself. Ooops. I forgot. I hate it more if my hair's too neat. I took a comb from the drawer just stuck on the wall under the mirror. I brushed my hair a little. Well, it's more like patting my head with a comb… but heck! That's how I like it. No one opposes or else.
 
Suddenly, a knock startled me and I was out with my thoughts. I walked to the door to open it. As I opened the door, William, my personal secretary/servant/maid/cook, was standing in front of me.
 
“Young Master Li, you woke up late today. May I know the reason behind this immature act? You are two hours late for school.” My pathetic oh so incompetent assistant told me impassively.
 
“Whhhaaaat?!?! I'm late!!! Why didn't you wake me up?” Stupid assistant! What kind of assistant is he? I mean, my dad pays him for his dumb services… Services such as: 1) Cooking indecent food; 2) Doing nothing but to comment and argue with me; 3) Does nothing but to praise Ms. Kinomoto. Hah! They should live together in a hut and praise each other. Darn this guy. I'll let my dad fire him as soon as possible. I slammed the door in front of him and took a bath. Taking a bath might help lessen my annoyance. I opened the shower and started to get myself wet. I gazed blankly at the tiled floor and thought of the possibilities I could do to get rid of the old man. He has to go. And since when did he have the authority to scold me? I can't believe what he just did! FYI! He is just a servant here, in my mansion, and I will not tolerate such instances. Curse that agency who introduced the annoying old man to my dad.
 
I suddenly realized… why did my alarm go on by 9 or so? Was it 9? I peeked out of the curtain shower to look at the wall clock hanging just beside the door. Wretched clock, why didn't you call me or just kick me out of bed if you know I'll be late! I gave a short glare at the clock. It's exactly 9:40 a.m. and I wonder what will happen to me tomorrow. I'll just ask Eriol if we have assignments. But for the meantime, I'll just take a shower… A nice warm shower… And maybe I could go to the movies or buy a new Cd. I wonder if there's a new movie anyway. Nah. Who cares? I'll just go check it out later… Better yet, I'll go visit Grandma! Good idea, Syaoran! …
 
Sakura's POV
9:30 a.m. - Hospital
 
Pant… Puff… Pant… Puff…
 
ASTHMA. I hate this. Why on earth do I have this asthma?
 
Pant… Puff… Pant… Puff…
 
I can hear the nurses rushing to and fro. Light… it's so bright at the same time blurry. It's hurting my eyes. My eyes… they're heavy. My eyelids… closing… closing… closing… No! Don't Sakura! Oh no! Don't close your eyes! You might be dead by the time you do so! But… it's heavy… I am not listening to you Sakura… Eyes.. Heavy… closing… closing… closing…
 
I can't breathe. I'm dying. Goodbye world. Goodbye my dear Yorkshire terrier, Peewee; Goodbye dear Alma Mater; Goodbye Tomoyo, my dearest friend; And Goodbye Syaoran Li… Cool! That was a nice part. Goodbye Syaoran Li!!! GOODBYE!!! HAHAHA!!! I won't see you again ever! Ugh. What am I talking about? I'm dying and this is what I'm thinking about? What's wrong with you, Sakura? Well, since I am going to die in less than a minute, I should forgive Li's parents for bearing such a nerve-wrecking, blood-pressure-intensifier, Li. And of course, forgive the jerk himself. Now, that might put me to Saint Peter's A-List for the good people that once dwelled the Earth.
 
NOT.
 
Me? Forgiving Li? That's worse than dying! Hah! He has to eat crap soup-and yes, I mean `crap' and literally, `crap'- with lots of maggots swarming out of the bowl. Ha-ha!
 
A voice then startled my subtle moment of glory. “Miss Kinomoto, you're okay now. Dr. Masashi wants to see you in his office.
(Iyori Masashi's a made-up character… so is William.)
 
“Uh… r-right n-now?” I grumbled trying to see the image in front of me as I open my eyes. “Am I in heaven?” I foolishly asked. The nurse replied with a laugh and went out of the room. They should check that nurse if she's healthy-and I mean, mentally healthy- or naturally deranged. Anyway, I got to go to my doctor. He's such a nice doctor. He takes care of me a lot! And he really likes me!
 
NOT.
 
He hates it when I'm here. And yes, I know he takes care of me BECAUSE… that's b-e-c-a-u-s-e… he's my doctor! Most importantly, he dislikes me! He told me that I'm a pain-in-the-butt type of patient. If it weren't for Touya the Great, he wouldn't treat me. Pathetic. And he likes Syaoran, A LOT! Is he gay or something? He always has this same starting sentence every time he scolds me. Syaoran's better than you Ki-No-Mo-To… Grrr. Then, they should live together… underground! To where I wouldn't see them. Oh! Almost forgot! They should bring Touya with them! Monsters! Bakemono!
 
As I walked down to the corridors, I felt a sudden chill. Oh no. There might be ghosts here! I remember what Touya told me about footsteps heard in this part of the hospital. Dear God, I don't want to see any ghosties! What's that noise?
-Silence-
 
F-footsteps? No! I covered my eyes with my hands and I knelt down to the floor. Where are the other creatures you created? No!
 
Hey, what are you doing? I heard a low, hoarse voice; a very familiar voice. I looked up and saw Li. I stood nonchalantly and glared at him. “I'm just practicing for next year's school play. Why are you here?” I asked coldly. And guess what he did for a reply? He smirked at me. Yes, he smirked at me! I really hate it when he does smirks. But every girl in the campus even the elementary department would shriek whenever they see him do that. Well, okay, he is cute when he smirks but… it annoys me. “Why are you here?” He asked. “I was the one who asked you that question first.” I argued. “Whatever,” he replied and walked passed me. I can smell his perfume; it tickles my nose and gives me a heavenly feeling whenever he walks pass me, whenever I smell his perfume… I feel divine pleasure. And then, I just realized, he was looking at me. “What?” I annoyingly asked. “What are you doing here?” He gave me the same question again. “It's none of your business.” I answered as I crossed my arms in front of my chest. “Okay,” he shrugged, “I was about to ask you out for lunch.” I glared at him. “So what if you ask me out for lunch? It's not that important anyway.” I exclaimed. And to my surprise, he took my hand and pushed me to the wall. “Not important? You'll be the luckiest girl alive.” He whispered in a seductive way as he looked at me directly into my eyes. My face started to feel hot. I'm blushing! B-but…
 
He then started to laugh. He must have noticed that I was blushing. Sakura, what's wrong with you? You can't just blush to someone who is so annoying. He then smiled at me. “I better go.” He said and then went away. What's with him? I shrugged off the thought and headed to Doctor Iyori Masashi's office.
 
Walking straight to the long corridor, I couldn't help but to think why the amazingly annoying brat is here in the hospital. Why isn't he attending class today? I tried to sort out things in my head and there, the idea got into me. I snapped my finger after finishing such conquest. I remember now… today's the start of practice for the ballroom festival. Maybe the rumors are right! Li might be the representative of our class. And who will be the unlucky girl? Li, as far as I know, doesn't know how to dance. I, on the second hand am part of our cheering squad and of our school's dance group. For all the possible representatives in our class, Li was voted for the honor. Excruciating… fearfully excruciating.
“Hey Kinomoto, come inside please.” I heard a voice that snapped me out of my thought. I turned my head and saw Iyori. “Hey Iyori…” I greeted and trudged right next to him. Iyori stared at me with his ever-so-famous look; his eyes… very enticing. I looked at his lips. They're red. I wonder if they're soft. Iyori is a good friend of my super monstrous brother. But he's three years younger than Touya; that means he's five years older than me. I wonder if he'll ever take me out on a date. I'm just fifteen and he's twenty… that would be okay.
 
“Sakura,” his voice gave me a divine… sweet divine sensation. My cheeks turned red and I looked down. I don't want to show him I'm blushing. “Are you okay?” he asked. He put his hands onto my shoulder and told me to come with him in his office. As we entered his office, he told me to have a seat and I've done what he ordered. He took a bottled lemon tea from his mini refrigerator and gave it to me. He sat on the chair in front of me and started his sermon.
 
“Syaoran's better than you Ki-No-Mo-To.” He said and took the magazine on top of his desk. “You don't know how to take care of yourself. You should act like a lady. And be aware that you have asthma. Whatever happens to you, I'll be burnt toast to your dad and Touya. Please remember that.” He flipped open the pages of the magazine and stopped at a certain page. He examined the page for a while and then smiled at me. “What?” I asked. He showed me the magazine. There, was a model wearing a satin silver mini dress. I looked at Iyori with perplexity. He smiled at me again. “I think this outfit will perfectly fit you…” he told me. My blood started to rush unto my cheeks. Never in a thousand years would Iyori say that to a girl. Well, as far as I've known him. But… phew! My blood pressure is getting high all of a sudden. Then, he frowned at me. “Not until you act like a lady Sakura. You're already fifteen!” Ugh. What should I expect from the great Iyori? I got up from my seat. “Be careful okay? I don't want to see you here in two weeks.” Iyori said and pushed me out of the door. I gave him the best death glare I could give. But it was no use. He winked at me before he shut the door.
 
I looked down and left the bottled lemon tea in front of the door. Whatever. So I walked out of the hospital as fast as possible. I just want to feel the softness of my bed. As I went out of the hospital's main entrance, I stretched my arms and hailed a cab. I'm so excited to go back home since Touya wouldn't be there and dad as well. I'll have the whole house for myself. I'll bake a cake later. Cool! I am so excited!
 
 
Syaoran's POV
 
I wonder why Kinomoto is here. Something might have happened to her. She's sickly and has asthma. I wonder how she managed to enter the cheering squad and the dance group with that kind of condition. I just moved here in this school and she's very popular especially when it comes to the boys at the senior level. Every time she flips her hair, guys would stare at her head to toe… which really annoys me. Anyway, maybe she's absent since today will be the revealing of the pair that will represent the class for the ballroom festival. Rumor has it she's the picked representative for our class. I wonder who's the lucky guy she'll be paired up with?
 
Then, I heard my phone rang which took me out of my thoughts. I answered the phone without knowing who it was. “Yeah,” I nonchalantly said. But the phone gave me back certain beeps. The caller ended his phone transaction that easily. I shrugged the notion off and thought maybe it was just another admirer bugging me off. Just a few more steps and I'll be seeing grandma now. 1…2…3…4…5… okay, take a deep breath. And now exhale. That's better. I opened the door in front of me. “Grandma!” I exclaimed. I entered the room and walked near to my grand mom. I stood at the side of her bed and kissed her forehead. “Hi Grandma, how are you?” I asked and sat beside her. I stared at her pale face. Seeing the tubes and suction cups placed at every part of my grandma's body. I brushed off some strands of her hair that covers her face. I smiled at her wishing she would smile back. Suddenly, a nurse entered the room. She looked at me surprised and then smiled. “Good morning sir.” I bowed my head slightly and stood up from grandma's bed. “How is she?” I asked. “She's doing fine sir. Your aunt visited her yesterday as well. It's nice to see that your grandma is still not left out of the family.” The nurse pathetically answered. I shrugged and walked near her. “Don't tell anyone that I visited grandma today, okay.” I whispered into her ear. “Y-yes sir…” she answered. I could see her face all red and I wanted to laugh. No Syaoran. Give her a break. So went out of the hospital and hailed a cab.
 
I better get going before my aunt would see me here. Hmmn, where should I go today? I don't want to go back to my house. It's boring there and I've played every newly released game this month. I still have to wait for next month. Maybe… I could go to Kinomoto's house today. Just to annoy her. Nice idea. Terrific!
 
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~ :~:~:~
 
At Sakura's house
 
Sakura is humming a tune as she puts a pan into the oven. She went to the living room and sat at the couch comfortably. She took her phone on the glass table and checked if she received any messages.
 
“Jeez, no messages. What should I expect? Tomoyo's at school and everybody else.” She scanned her phonebook and saw Syaoran's number. She stared at it for a moment and called the number. She put her phone on her ear but as she heard it ring, she quickly ended her call. She sighed and then walked to the kitchen.
 
Meanwhile, Syaoran received another call and the same thing happened. “God, what's wrong with this caller?” he annoyingly said and turned off his phone, “Stupid caller,” he raised an eyebrow.
 
At Sakura's kitchen, she sat down on chair on a circular pink table with bear prints. She played with her hair and waited the oven to tick. At that moment when she was about to get up again, the oven ticked at the same time the door bell rang.