Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Future, Dark Powers ❯ New Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Future, Dark Powers

Chapter 1

New Beginnings

By Shinzo

A young man, around the age of 19-20 stumbled walking limply over the green forest bed. He was holding his arm to his chest, his hand enclosed over a wound. Blood was pouring out as he held pressure on the wound to stop the blood flow. His vision was blurry as he pushed his chestnut hair out of his eyes. He took another step and slipped on a slippery rock. He collapsed and rose with a new wound to his head. He ran his numb fingers over the bloody cut and winced at the pain it bought cascading though him. He sniggered.

"One little cut causes so much pain…" he croaked coughing. He hoisted himself back up again and started walking. He was limping slightly now as his fall had caused him to twist his ankle. He kept walking until he collapsed down near a small running creak. He greedily lapped the water up and splashed some on his face. With his spare arm, he ripped off some cloth from his dirty, ripped clothes. He held it on the cut and held it there as he heard voices coming out of the forest.

First, a young girl with long black hair and dark blue eyes looked at him with confusion. Another, with purple hair and silver/bluish eyes followed with a smaller boy holding her hand. He had blond curls upon his head and blue eyes. Then another two stumbled out. A girl and a boy, they were older than the others were, the girl brown hair and green eyes the boy amber eyes and hair. The girl looked shocked and walked over to him pushing the other children back.

"Help me…" the man croaked before everything went blank for him.

The older girl blinked several times, before speaking to the other children.

"Move aside…" she said in a kind voice. They all stepped out of her way, as she knelt beside the man. She held her hands over his body and her eyes went blank as yellow energy flew out in circles into the man. This went on for a little while before the girl collapsed and the man awoke. The older boy stepped in front of the children. She had an ice-cold glare set on his face as the man stood up. The man took one step before a figure jumped out of the trees. Burning emerald eyes looked at the unconscious girl behind him, her eyes narrowed at the man as she drew out two daggers and advanced on him.

He was still weak from his healing session, as the energetic angry girl jumped at him and landed on his chest, one of the daggers pointed at his throat, the other she held as back up.

"What did you do to YingFa?" she hissed.

"Nothing…" he croaked in reply. She is beautiful… he thought to himself.

"Liar!" she spat back at him. "YingFa is forbidden to use her healing powers when I am not accompanying her."

"Please, let me explain..." he said in a tired voice. The woman pressed the dagger blade's tip more to his throat.

"You have 30 seconds," she said. "And let me warn you; if you are working for the Cannibals, you have 5 seconds…"

The man laughed, but stopped seeing the un-amused look in her eyes.

"Of course I am not working for them…they did this to me…" he said pointing at the bloody scar on his chest. The girl looked at it before getting off him, and standing.

"My name is Kinomoto Sakura." She said extending a hand to him, to help him up.

"And I am Li Syaoran." He said. Sakura looked deeply into Syaoran's eyes, and seemed locked in a trance for a second before snapping out of it.

"Whatever, this" she said pointing to the girl with long black hair and blue eyes. "Is Sakia. Sakia say hello." Said Sakura.

"Hi…" whispered Sakia shyly before looking away. Sakura turned to the pair of children holding hands.

"This is Admire," she said pointing at the girl. "And her brother, Satoshi."

"Nice to met you!" chirped Admire, nudging Satoshi.

"Howdy!" smiled Satoshi. Sakura then pointed to the older boy.

"This is Xiao Long."

"Hi…" muttered Xiao Long.

"Hi…" grunted back Syaoran.

"That is YingFa over there." Said Sakura pointing at the girl sprawled on the ground. Sakura looked up, The sky an odd purple/pink with random stars lighting up the sky. The moon appeared from behind a cloud.

"It is getting dark Miss Sakura, I shall carry YingFa, you go along with Admire, Satoshi and Sakia. " Xiao Long's eyes fixed on Syaoran; he hesitated before picking up YingFa and dashing off.

Sakura turned to Syaoran.

"Do you have a place to stay?" she said in a soft voice.

"No…" muttered Syaoran.

"Then you better come along with us." Said Sakura. "You guys don't mind if Mr. Li joins us hey?" she asked the children.

"No way!" said Satoshi.

"Sure, he can come!" smiled Sakia.

"Come along!" said Admire tugging on his ragged pants.

"Alright…" said Syaoran holding up his hands in defeat. "Guess you're stuck with me!" he winked at Sakura. Sakura turned hiding a blush.

"You take Satoshi and Admire, I'll take Sakia." Stated Sakura as she slipped both daggers down each of her long brown leather skin boots. Syaoran took Admire in his arms, with Satoshi in his other. Sakia was being piggy backed by Sakura.

"Lets go." Sakura bit her lips, her eyes widening in shock as she heard grunts and screeches from off in the distance.

"Take to the tress," hissed Sakura silently before bounding up one. Syaoran followed with Admire whimpering in his arms.

"Hush now." Whispered Syaoran. Admire sighed sleepily before nestling her head into Syaoran chest to sleep. Syaoran watched Sakura leap from treetop to treetop.

She's fast! He thought as he followed. He leapt over a broken branch onto another tree. He looked up in time to the sound of running water, as he looked he saw Sakura waiting for him on a few rocks with Sakia. Syaoran saw a vine leading almost straight to the rock just above Sakura. He smiled excitement and a childish enjoyment filling his eyes as he told Satoshi and Admire to hold on to each other tightly, before he jumped and swung on the vine to the rock. As he went he saw fright and shock in Sakura's eyes, hope and exhilaration sparkling in Sakia's. He grinned as he landed above Sakura. Sakia cheered, and Sakura hushed her.

"They shall hear you Sakia," said Sakura picking her up again. She turned to Syaoran.

"Satoshi can swim, but Admire can't, make Satoshi help her." Sakura stated before she and Sakia jumped from the rocks and plummeted into the icy cold water. Syaoran groaned as he watched Satoshi take Admire's hand, and Admire takes his. Syaoran sighed. There was no getting out of this.

"Ok, on the count of three we will jump. Ready?"

Satoshi looked eagerly at him while Admire smiled weakly and looked a little scared. Syaoran picked her up and Satoshi held onto his leg.

"1…2…3…"

Syaoran, Admire and Satoshi sailed off the rocks and into the water. Admire fell out of Syaoran's arms and was swept away in the direction Sakura and Sakia were. Satoshi was swimming capably by himself and Syaoran took in a deep breath before diving under the water. He kicked his legs and came up in front of Admire. He placed her on his shoulder before swimming on the surface to catch up with Sakura, who had joined up with Satoshi and Sakia and was now sitting on a group of rocks. Syaoran kicked harder and handed Admire to Sakura before heaving himself up onto the rocks.

"Hey, well done!" smiled Sakura.

Syaoran hid a blush from her. No doubt about it, he was in love!

"Thanks…"

Sakura didn't notice his embarrassment and poked him and gestured up.

Syaoran noticed a bamboo ladder leading up to a platform. The trio all stood up and Sakura leapt up quickly and in seconds was on the platform, gesturing for Satoshi to come next. Satoshi was half way up when they heard a wolf call and Sakura's eyes widened and she called him up quicker.

As he fell beside her Admire and Sakia came up climbing all over Syaoran.

"Right, the wolf call means that the cannibals are near, we must hurry." Sakura whispered fiercely before scooping up Satoshi and running. Syaoran, with Admire whimpering and Sakia asleep on his shoulder, chased after Sakura. He watched in awe as she jumped up more rock like platforms to a small coven of trees. She waited for Syaoran before gesturing for him to follow her. By now, Admire and Satoshi were asleep as well as Sakia.

Syaoran carried Satoshi and Admire Sakura had Sakia. They sprinted through the forest until they came to a dead end, a wall of rock.

"Well that was well done." Said Syaoran dryly.

Sakura shot a glare at him, and Syaoran regretted saying anything.

Sakura put two fingers in her mouth before making a low whistle. A vine ladder was dropped and Sakura, followed by Syaoran climbed up. At the top they were greeted with Xiao Long and YingFa.


Sakura smiled at them.

"Good XiaoLong." She said. "Is YingFa awake?"

Xiao Long shook his head.

"I awoke her to jump off the cliff to swim but she fell asleep again."

"Damn, ok lets go."

Syaoran followed Sakura and Xiao Long as they led him up more ladders. Syaoran's mouth was hanging open at the sight.

All along the cliff were houses made out of bamboo and bridges. Ladders led up to them. Some adults were pulling up boats. As they reached a walkway through from one small house and a bridge, Xiao Long departed from Sakura still holding YingFa. Sakura turned to Syaoran.

"You can drop off Satoshi and Admire here, this is where they live." She said gesturing to the house. Syaoran nodded before getting on his knees and letting Admire and Satoshi off.

"Arigatou Li-kun." Chirped Admire before walking in with Satoshi.

Syaoran looked for Sakura and found her standing on the bridge to the next set of houses. Syaoran followed her and Sakura started chatting to him.

"This is where most of humanity now live, you can live with me, my Oni-chan and Otou-san. We live just over there." Sakura pointed over to a house just nearby.

"Sakia lives with us, her mother and father were captured by the cannibals."

Sakia was still asleep on Sakura's back.

"Oh yeah, my otou-san is called Fujitaka, that's what you can call him. My oni-chan is Touya. Call him." Sakura smirked. " Call Touya princess." She sniggered. They reached Sakura's small house and she knocked. Touya answered.

"UNCLE TOUYA!" Sakia was awake and had flung herself onto Touya.

"Hi Kawaii Bunny." Touya said carrying her in. He hadn't noticed Syaoran yet.

"Touya-kun!" said Sakura angrily. "Put Sakia to bed!"

Sakia giggled as Touya swung her over his head and carried her to a room. Sakura sighed before stepping aside and letting Syaoran in. The house was very small, the first room being a living type of room. There were 5 chairs made of bamboo. Syaoran found that everything was basically made out of that stuff! There was a rug on the ground. Sakura led him through to the next room. This one had another table, some cupboards and a sink like thing that poured out water when you pulled down a yes bamboo leaver.

"This is where we make out meals." Explained Sakura. She led him down a hallway with 3 rooms.

"This." Sakura said pointing to her first door on the right.

"Is Oni-chan's room. You can sleep in here." She said.

"Otou-san's room is there." She said pointing across from Touy'a room.

"And me and Sakia's room is here." She whispered pointing down the hallway and at a door halfway consumed by shadows.

Touya walked out Sakura and Sakia's room. He finally noticed Syaoran.

"Who's that Kaijuu?" he asked Sakura.

"He's Syaoran Touya, he shall be staying with us and sharing a room with you!" stated Sakura coldly.

"Nani? Kaijuu, does Otou-san know?"

"Iie," Sakura laughed nervously. "I'll tell him in the morning…"

Touya sighed.

"Fine!" he said before walking into his room.

Sakura sighed.

"Well good night Syaoran." She said before walking down the hall to her room.

***

Syaoran groaned as his bamboo (I really need to lay off the stuff ^.^;)

Door opened and Sakia bounded in. She leapt up on Touya's bed and started bouncing up and down.

"Wake up Uncle Touya!" she chirped cheerfully.

"Kawaii Bunny! What did I say about waking me up early in the morning?"

"Not to!" responded Sakia. Touya sighed as he got up and picked up Sakia.

" You better get up too, Otou-san might want to talk to you." Touya walked out of the door with Sakia waving goodbye to Syaoran and now conversing with Sakura who was standing outside.

Sakura put her head in after giving Sakia quick hug and kiss.

"Ohayo Li-kun." she said. Syaoran was already up.

"Ohayo Sakura." he said replied.

"Come, we are going to converse with Otou-san."

Syaoran gulped slightly before walking out of the door. Sakura was waiting for him patiently.

"Call him Kinomoto-san, kay?" she whispered quickly as they walked in the kitchen like room.

"Otou-san." Sakura called.

Fujitaka walked in. He rose an eyebrow at Sakura as he saw Syaoran.

"Sakura-chan, please explain." He said.

"Otou-san, yesterday when I went out with Sakia, Satoshi, XiaoLong, YingFa and Admire, they stumbled along Syaoran." She pointed at him. "He had been attacked by the cannibals and YingFa, according to the others, used her healing powers. He doesn't have a place to stay so onegai? May he stay here?" Sakura gave Fujitaka her puppy dog eyes. He sighed.

"Welcome to the Kinomoto residence Syaoran." He sighed again as he saw the low supply of food.

"Sakura-chan, take Sakia and get some food." He said as he went to pry Sakia off Touya.

"Kay." Said Sakura. "Li-kun can join us."

Syaoran nodded as Sakura picked up a basket and Sakia bounded in and grabbed a wooden (not bamboo! ^_^) basket. Sakia took Sakura's hand before they walked out with Syaoran walking behind.

Touya was sitting in the lounge-type-of-room. Sakia waved goodbye and Sakura looked at Syaoran. Syaoran remembered what she had told him.

"Bye…Princess." Syaoran sniggered before running out.

***

"So where do you go to get the food?" asked Syaoran.

"We go over there." Said Sakia, who was perched on Sakura's shoulders.

"Tomoyo-chan comes too sometimes." Sakura said.

"She Miss Sakura's best friend." Explained Sakia laughing.

"SAKURA-CHAN!!"

As if on cue, Tomoyo came running into the scene followed by two kids.

"Hey Tomoyo-chan." Smiled Sakura. But Tomoyo's deep purple eyes were fixed on Syaoran.

"And who is this Sakura eh?" she raising an eyebrow at her friend.

"Oh, this is Syaoran he's staying with us for a while."

There was a silence between the two before the two children at Tomoyo's feet spoke.

"Miss Tomoyo, can we go?" whined the girl. She gave Tomoyo a pleading look with her crimson red eyes.

"Hush now Norika." She said patting her head. Norika's hair was pink and up in coned odongo's (ok I know that's like ChibiUsa (Rini) in Sailor Moon, but I adore ChibiUsa. So Norkia looks like her… kay?)

The group started walking with Norika, Sakia and the other girl with Tomoyo, Arika were having a conversation just in front of Sakura, Tomoyo and Syaoran.

Arika and Norika are twins. Not identical though, they have the same hairstyle and color, Arika has emerald green eyes.

"So Syaoran, where did you come from before you met Sakura?" asked Tomoyo. Syaoran frowned.

"All I remember is being captured by the cannibals, and then waking up in the forest. YingFa the girl healed me."

Sakura spoke up now.

"SAKIA, TURN IN THERE!" she yelled pointing at a creek.

"KAY MISS SAKURA!"

The group headed down the near a creek. Syaoran's mouth hung open in awe at the sight.

Long rows were filled with stalls, which sold food clothes really anything. (*Laughs nervously*) Beyond that were fields. Sakura and Tomoyo started walking in, with Sakia on Syaoran's shoulder and Norika and Arika holding Tomoyo's hands. Everyone seemed to know everyone, people kept saying 'hi' or 'good morning' to Sakura and Tomoyo; and give weird glances to Syaoran.

Sakura had stopped at a stall that sold fruit and vegetables, when the alarm was rung. As high-pitched screeches rang through the air, people began running off screaming. Syaoran was confused until he realized the cannibals were near. Sakura touched Syaoran arm, she handed him Sakia and said.

"Run" before taking off, herself. Sakura had Norika in her arms, followed by Tomoyo with Arika.

Sakia whimpered as Syaoran took off like no tomorrow.


"What's up Li-san?" she said.

"Cannibals Sakia-chan no shoosh…"

Sakia gasped and Syaoran's eyes widened with fear as they heard heavy pounding feet coming after them. Three cannibals were following behind them and gaining speed.

"Shit…" hissed Syaoran as he ran into the forest and took to the trees. He didn't want to look at the cannibals but found that he was now.

The one searching for Sakia and him was sniffing its flattened nose. Its face was a pale yellow, which was wrinkly and hairy. Its body was muscular and heavy looking. It was hairy too. (I suck at descriptions =P )

Sakia was on the verge of tears. Syaoran climbed higher.

"Sakia-chan, stay here…"

Syaoran jumped down from the tree, the cannibal looking at first shocked as Syaoran jumped up and over its head before taking off. The cannibal followed quickly and Syaoran found that it was shooting darts at him.

Syaoran was even more shocked when Sakura dove on top of the cannibal, sitting on its shoulders. It grunted, confused at what to do, until Syaoran bought a pendant around from his neck.

Sakura rose her eyebrows at him.

"Oh and what is that going to do Syaoran?" she shrieked as she was thrown off its shoulders and thrown into a bush.

Syaoran narrowed her eyes before summoning his sword and advancing on the cannibal.

Sakura was watching him, her eyes open in total awe as Syaoran with a swift swipe of his sword cut of the cannibals head. The head rolled down at Sakura's feet as Syaoran wiped some of the blood away from his face that had sprayed him.

Sakura was still in total shock as Syaoran helped her up.

"Yo-o-ou k-k-n-now mag-ic?" Sakura stammered looking up at Syaoran.

"Uh…yes. Is that a problem?"

Sakura smiled, making Syaoran melt.

"Not at all…"

Syaoran smiled, Sakura melted. Syaoran started leaning down to Sakura's lips, Sakura closed her eyes ready for it and then…

"Um…excuse me…"

Syaoran and Sakura looked down to see a very un-impressed Sakia.

Sakia cocked her head to the side.

"Can we go home please?"

"Sure." Smiled Sakura, before she picked up Sakia and strolled off with Syaoran mentally whacking himself and silently cursing Sakia for interrupting Sakura and him.

To Be Continued…

Well what did you think? Please drop off a KIND review, you flame me I'll go off my rockets ^.^