Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dawn and Dusk ❯ Reverie and Reality ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I swear this is what happens when I can't sleep at night! Darn story keep running around in my head. Please do R+R (do you guys get that enough? Really? Ha ha ha) ^^; ahahahaha.

Disclaimer: Same ol' same ol' I don't own the Characters of CCS, so that makes it even more impossible for me to own CCS. They all belong to the mighty and powerful CLAMP girls.

Key:

"The words they speak"

`The thoughts they form in their head'

~*~ = scene change

Prologue: Reverie and Reality

It was a moment in time; the time before the sun rose and before the moon gave way to the sun's brilliant light. The dark skies could have comforted a lonely soul. Such was the soul, which belonged to a pair of dark sapphire eyes that gazed at the stars, splashed across the sky.

"Even the sky has the stars for company." Sighed the young man, staring at the world through an empty heart.

Leaning against the banister of his balcony, he closed his eyes and let the breeze pass through him and ruffle his ultramarine hair. Pictures of a world unknown flashed before him, and a figure in the shadows appeared, whose face he could not see nor recognized, but his heart seemed to reach out to, haunted his mind. He awoke sometime later and realized where he was: on his balcony floor. Slowly the weary sorcerer stood and shook his aching head. On his feet again, he gripped the banister and gazed at the darkness that seemed to go forever, in this world, in his soul.

`Daydream? Premonition?' He questioned silently. "It is a part of who I am after all." He told the sky.

The struggle between his human existence and the reincarnated spirit of a magician was something that Eriol Hiiragizawa always struggled to balance. Day by day he learned, but some days were harder than others.

Slowly he made his way to the living room of his vast mansion, making sure not to wake up the other two that dwelt in his humble abode. He sat in his red chair, something, which he has had all both of his lifetimes. The dark-eyed man gazed at the fire, planning on waiting for the sun to rise, but as if angel wings were brushed over his eyes, Eriol fell into a dreamless sleep. His only companion was a voice, a voice of a siren. The song that haunted through the black was so full sadness, so forlorn; Eriol felt his heart continue to break, though he thought it was no longer possible. The reality that he faced throughout his life, the constant challenges, the heartache, and the loneliness he let no one else see, had shattered his heart into unbreakable pieces. As the song faded into the shadows, the exhausted young man continued his dreamless sleep well after the sun rose.

~*~

The sun was about to rise. Amidst a garden vast with flowers of every colour was an ebony haired young lady, with eyes the colour of smoky quartz. She sat on a stone bench, underneath a Sakura tree, in the middle of her garden, facing the rising sun, welcoming the brand new day.

It was going to be another beautiful April morning, but that fact gave little joy to the fair lady sitting in the middle of Eden. Optimism was something she left behind in her childhood and it only existed through those memories. If there was anything that she learnt as she grew up, it was that there was rarely any truth in the world.

Looking up at the last fading stars she sighed. `Even the sky lies.' She thought bitterly. `You turn away for a moment and the clouds move in, leaving no room for light.' She placed a hand lightly against the trunk of the Sakura tree and looked up at it.

"Sad is it not?" She asked.

A breeze passed through the garden, sifting through her ebony hair. Holding out her hand, she caught the Sakura petals that the wind freed from the tree. Grasping the stray petals to her heart, she sighed and smiled as silent tears began to form in her gem coloured eyes. Quickly, she blinked them back. Real Emotion was something she tried to suppress, even from herself.

Tomoyo Daidouji lived believing the world was a stage, and she was an actor. When she was old enough to realize the pains of reality, she put a front, which was always smiling, always cheery.

Only the rising sun and the fading stars saw the real Tomoyo.

~Tsuzuku~

A/N: Man I think there's parallelism going on, I don't know if it's going to be like that for the rest of the story when Eriol and Tomoyo are apart. Dag nabbit!!! R+R please (and NO that's not Rest and Relax for those smartarses out there ^^*)