Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dead Angels ❯ ~Tearful Situation~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: This is set about 10 or so years in the future, and then skips to 12 years later. Syaoran and Sakura are already married at the beginning, as are Eriol and Tomoyo. Although there's not much E&T in it at the begining, since I don't know that much about Eriol. Also WARNING! Character death and major Syaoran emotional suffering! Well, at least at the end...)
Dead Angels (part 1)
~Tearful Situation~

by: AniDragon

"Please, hold on!" Syaoran begged.
Sakura was breathing heavily. She hadn't been well since giving birth 2 hours ago. Now she was struggling to stay conscious, but it didn't seem to be working.
"Sy... Syaoran..." She said between gasps.
"Shh! Don't talk! You're already not getting enough air!"
Sakura shook her head shakily, "Our daughter... I have a name..."
Syaoran held her hand tighter, "What is it?"
She smiled despite the pain she was in, "Nadeshiko."
Syaoran was confused at first, but then it dawned on him, "Your mom's name."
She nodded, "Please."
"Shh..." He whispered, "Don't worry. It's perfect. Now please, just breath. You're going to make it."
"No I won't. I know I'm going to die. I heard the doctor say it."
Syaoran had been fighting tears the whole time. Finally, he let them flow. Beside them, the baby cried. Almost as if she could sense her mother's energy decreasing.
"I love you," He told her.
"And I love you," Sakura responded.
"And when my time comes, we'll be together again."
"Forever. And no offense, but I hope that it won't be soon."
He kissed her. He put all his feelings into that one kiss. All his love, all his pain. She kissed him back with equal passion.
Soon afterwards, Sakura's breathing stopped. The heart monitor went flat.
She was gone.

(12 years later)
"DADDY!!!!!"
Syaoran rushed down the stairs as he heard his daughters cries. He found her by the kitchen table.
"What is it?"
She pointed to the chair, "There's a spider!!!"
Syaoran looked, and sure enough, there was a small black and white spider crawling up the leg of the chair.
"What's the problem? It's not like it can bite you."
"I don't care! Just get it out of here!!!"
Syaoran sighed and picked up the tiny arachnid. It was actually kind of cute. He opened a window and put it down outside, then closed the window again.
"Is it gone?"
"Yes, don't worry."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Really sure?"
"Yes."
"Really really REALLY sure?"
"Yes!"
She smiled, "Thanks daddy!"
Syaoran smiled as she ran into his arms to hug him, "You're just like your mother, you know that?" He told her.
She laughed, "You think?"
He looked at her and nodded. Nadeshiko had definitely taken most of her looks from Sakura. She had the same emerald eyes and fine chestnut hair, but had decided to keep it long. She always kept it in two pig tails. The shape of her face and eyes showed her Chinese heritage. (As did most of her cloths, thatnks to Tomoyo)
They were interrupted as the door bell rang.
"I'll get it!!!" Nadeshiko said, rushing to the front door.
Syaoran slowly followed behind her. It was probably Tomoyo and Eriol. They brought their daughter Cleo over almost every day. But as he turned the corner, it was someone else that was at the door. Someone he hadn't seen in a long time...
"Meilin?!" He stuttered.
The Chinese woman giggled, "Long time no see, Li-kun!"
He laughed slightly, "No kidding! Last time I saw you was about a month before Nadeshiko was born."
She smiled, "I know!"
He looked her over in shock. She was wearing a traditional Chinese dress. It was blue, with gold buttons. She also had a gold pendant shaped like a dragon. There was something different about her, and he just couldn't put his finger on it. Finally, it dawned on him.
"You cut your hair!" He stammered. Indeed, her hair was much shorter. It only went up to her chin, and wasn't tied.
She giggled again, "It's about time you notice! Anyway, the reason I came here is to tell you that I'm holding a reunion in about a week for all the former Card Captors! Or at least everyone who knew about the Clow Cards. I already talked to Eriol and Tomoyo, and they agreed that it could be at their place. After all, it is big enough. So, do you think you and Sakura can make it? And Nadeshiko too, of course."
"Me and Nadeshiko can make it," He informed her, "But Sakura can't."
"Really? That's too bad. Why not?"
Syaoran sighed and looked down, "She died about 12 years ago."
"Oh... I'm sorry, I..."
"That's okay. You didn't know. And like I said, it's been 12 years."
Meilin nodded slowly, "Oh."
Syaoran smiled, "Don't worry about it. I have Nadeshiko to keep me company. And Tomoyo has so many videos of her that I'll never forget her."
She smiled, "That's good. I guess that Tomoyo being such a camera nut helped you out for once, ne?"
He smiled back, "Well, it sure doesn't hurt!"
There was an awkward silence between them for a few seconds, when Nadeshiko finally spoke up, "You two are boring. I'm gonna go watch TV."
Syaoran laughed at this, then turned to Meilin, "So this reunion, when is it going to be?"
"Friday at 6. And like I said earlier, it'll be at Tomoyo and Eriol's place.
"We'll be there. Oh, and another thing."
"Yeah?"
"Nadeshiko and her friends started a band, and they're doing a performance this afternoon. I'm sure she'd appreciate it if you went. It'll be at the park at 3."
"K!" Meilin smiled, then let herself out.
"Daddy! I'm hungry!" Nadeshiko's voice rang from the living room.
"Hai! I'll make Lunch!"

~End of chapter 1~

(A/N: So, what do you think up to now? Not bad start, ne? Um, anyway, I know that this may seem to be kind of S&M (Syaoran/Meilin), but I'm still not sure if I'm gonna do that or not. If I do, it's not going to be the main focus of the story. Well, at least I'll TRY to not make it the main focus. I have a tendency to get side tracked. Anyway, I've got a surprise planned, but I can't give you any hints, because I'm afraid you'll guess what it is. Besides, I love seeing you all suffer because of the suspense! Nyah nyah! Well, I hope you'll all love this fic, because I am putting all my other fics on hold just to finish this one, because I want to make SURE I do this one right. Also, I know that Nadeshiko is acting like a spoiled brat in this part, but please be assured that I did not do that intentionally. Please don't judge her personality from this one part. I'm sure you'll understand her better as you go on.)

~AniDragon~