Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dead Angels ❯ ~Memories and Phone Calls~ ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: *Notices all the reviews from fanfiction.net* Oooooookay, I get the hint, no S&M... *takes the fic out of the romance section* Heh heh! Oh well, thanks for reviewing! I appreciate it! Hehe! I don't usually get so many reviews. I think the only other fic that got more reviews then this one, and faster too, might I add, was "Three Roses", my entry for the Takari contest in the Digimon section. But then again, that was a contest. People have a tendency to read stuff when it's from a contest. Anyway, I'm gonna shut up now, otherwise my author's note will be longer the the fic itself. (The scary thing is, I actually did that once...) So please enjoy!)

Dead Angels (part 2)
~Memories and Phone Calls~

by: AniDragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
It was later that night. Nadeshiko had went to bed early since she had a band practice early the next morning. Syaoran decided to look through his photo album while there was peace and quiet in the house, which wasn't often.
He had quite a few photo albums. The first ones were of him and Sakura when they had first started dating. He laughed as he found one particular picture. He had brought Sakura home after a date and they had kissed for the first time...
(Flashback)
"Thanks for taking me out, Syaoran-kun!" Sakura said once they were at the doorway, "You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you'd have a crush on me! This is the third time you take me out to see a movie in just 2 weeks!"
"Really?" Syaoran stuttered as he blushed, "I wasn't really aware of that."
Sakura grinned. She was so beautiful with the moonlight shining on her. She was of course, dressed all in pink, as usual, but there was just something about her that made pink look so cute!
"You're lying!" She laughed.
His blush grew, "N... Nani?!"
"I know you have a crush on me! It's been obvious for the last few months! Not to mention Tomoyo told me."
"H... How did Tomoyo know?"
"Eriol told her."
"What?! I'll kill him!"
Sakura laughed again and put her hand on his shoulder, "Relax, Syao-chan. I would have figured it out anyway!"
He felt shivers go up his spine at her touch, and at the fact that she had used that pet name that was usually only used by some girl in their class who had an obvious crush on him.
"I... I..."
Sakura giggled again, "You're so cute when you're embarrassed! And you know what?"
"W... What?" He asked, afraid of the answer.
She dropped her hand, and now it was her turn to blush, "I've... kind of had a crush on you for a while."
"Really?! Uh... I mean... How long of a while?"
"Since about 2 weeks after I got over my crush on Yuki."
"Which was when?"
"A few years ago..."
They both stood there for a while, taking a sudden interest in the ground, with the occasional glance up, only to look down again once their eyes met.
"Look," Sakura finally broke the silence, "Staring at the ground is pointless. I like you, you like me. That's a fact. So, I'll make this simple. Wanna be my boyfriend?"
Syaoran looked up, surprised at her bluntness, "H... Hai!"
She grinned and wrapped her arms around his neck, and looked at him in the eyes, "Well?"
"W... What?" Syaoran asked, not really knowing what she was talking about.
"Well, now that we're officially dating, then that means that tonight was an official date."
"Yeah, I guess it would be. But still don't know --"
"Silly!" Sakura giggled, "It's tradition to give you're girlfriend a goodnight kiss after a date!"
Syaoran froze, "K... Kiss?"
Sakura nodded and brought her face closer to his. Their noses touched, and her breath tickled his chin, "Wadaya say, Syao-chan?"
The Chinese boy was still frozen, "I... I ..."
She sighed, "Guess I'll have to make the first move," And with this, she pressed her lips against his, as he turned beet red. But he quickly got over the shock, and began kissing her back.
>click< >click<
The both froze as they heard the sound.
"It's about time!" A female voice said.
They slowly turned to see Eriol with a photo camera, and Tomoyo with her usual video one.
"It's all on tape!" She chirped.
"T... Tomoyo!" Sakura gasped.
"Hiragizawa," Syaoran began, but didn't get to finish his threat, for both Tomoyo and Eriol were pointing behind him.
He and Sakura turned to see a sight they REALLY didn't want to see.
Touya was looking at them from the living room window.
Syaoran paled.
Touya glared.
"I better go," He said quickly before running away at full speed.
(End Flashback)
"Those were the good days," Syaoran murmured as he turned the pages, seeing even more pictures of him and Sakura, "I wish you were here to remember them with me."
He quickly wiped a tear away and put the photo book back, taking another one from the middle. This one started with pictures from shortly after their marriage, and ended with his favorite picture in all the albums.
It was taken the day he learned that he and Sakura were going to have a child.
Both were sitting in the park underneath a willow tree. Sakura had fallen asleep in his lap, and he was leaning against the tree with a proud smile...
(Flashback)
Sakura entered the house with a huge smile on her face. In other words, the usual.
"Guess what!" She exclaimed as soon as she saw him.
"What?" He asked, expecting another story on what had happened at work.
"Tomoyo's pregnant!"
He stood there, shocked, "Seriously?!"
Sakura nodded, "Yep! Isn't it great? And guess what else! She wants me to be the Godmother!"
"Obviously! You're her best friend, who else would she pick?"
"Well, there's always Chiharu, Naoko or Rika."
"Still, Tomoyo's closer to you then to the 3 musketeers," He said, using the nickname he always used for the 3 inseparable girls.
"I know, but still!"
Syaoran had to smile. He wrapped her up in his arms, "You're so cute when you're excited."
"Syao-chan, according to you, I'm cute in the morning, during that time of the month, before I had my shower and cup of coffee."
"In other words, you're always cute."
She grinned, but then a panicked look crossed her face, "Oh no! I just forgot! I have an appointment at the doctor in five minutes! I was so excited about Tomoyo that I completely forgot!"
He frowned, "Doctor? What for?"
She smiled reassuringly, "Don't worry! I just haven't been feeling good lately, so I made an appointment with the doctor. It's probably just a flew!"
He sighed, "Don't scare me like that!"
"You worry to much. Anyway, I better go. If I wanna be there on time, I have to leave ten minutes ago."
"Ok, I'll see you when you get home."
"K!" She said, then got out of his arms, grabbed her purse, and left.
Little did he know what was waiting for him when she came back...
(2 hours later) (Approximately. I have no clue how long this takes usually...)
"I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!"
"It's about time. What took so long?"
Sakura grinned, then took his arm, "Come on, there's something I have to show you!"
"What is it?"
"Just come on!"
He followed her out of the house, down the street, then finally to the park, wondering what she had in store for him. With Sakura, you never knew.
They finally stopped in front of the big willow tree that was in the middle of the park. It had been transplanted there when they were still kids, and had already been quite big at the time. As you can imagine, it was huge now. It was Sakura's favorite spot.
They sat under the tree and Sakura leaned her head on his shoulder. He still didn't know what she wanted him to see, but he knew that whatever it was, it must have been big for her to leave him hanging for this long. Usually she just told him straight out what was so great. Like when she had announced that Tomoyo was pregnant... Hold on sec... Pregnant... Of course! That must have been it!
"S... Sakura, are you --" He started, but couldn't finish his phrase as she looked up cutely at him, and he got lost in her eyes. Not for the first time, but this time he didn't allow himself to get distracted. He had to know.
"Am I what?" She asked.
He bit his lip, not wanting to just go and ask her, in case that wasn't the case. So he took the safe route.
"What did the doctor say?" He asked, silently begging 'Please, tell me what I want to hear!'
She grinned, "It looks like you guessed why I dragged you out here. This is my favorite spot, and it's here that I want to tell you!"
"Tell me what?" He asked, he could barely contain his excitement. He knew he was right. It was in her eyes. And in her aura. There was definitely something different about her aura. Of course, he had sensed that for a while now, but he couldn't figure out what it was. But now, it was perfectly clear to him.
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she finally told him what he had already guessed.
"I'm pregnant!"
Before she could say anything else, he scooped her up in his arms and kissed her tenderly. They laughed. Finally, he put her down, not able to laugh and carie her at the same time. So he simply sat against the tree again, then put her head in his lap.
"I love you. You know that, right?"
"Of course. You do tell me every day."
He smiled and kissed her forehead, "Just making sure."
She snuggled a bit closer to him, "So, do you think you can handle being a father?"
"With you, I could handle a tornado."
"But can you handle being a father? I heard that it's a lot tougher then a tornado."
"I can handle anything. All I need is you by my side."
She smiled, "And I, you."
She closed her eyes, mostly to block the sun out of her eyes as the wind blew the branches of the willow tree. But she soon found herself falling asleep.
Syaoran leaned his head against the willow's trunk, feeling as if nothing in the world could ruin the moment. He then once again heard the familiar >click<, which informed him that indeed, Eriol and Tomoyo were spying on him again. He got up, careful not to wake up Sakura. He walked up to the couple.
"Aren't you 2 getting a bit old for spying?"
"Maybe," Tomoyo agreed, "But it's so fun!"
He turned to Eriol, "What about you? What do you have to say about all this spying?"
"It's fun," He admitted, "So, it seems that I'm not the only one who'll become a father."
"Yeah, Sakura mentioned that. Congratulations," He said, putting his hand on Eriol's shoulder, then pulled him into a hug, only to pull away seconds later, completely embarrassed.
"That was a reflex!" He quickly said in his defense.
"Watch out, I could start to like it."
"Hey!" Tomoyo pouted.
"Don't worry, you're still my favorite."
She smiled, "Good!"
(End flashback)
He laughed slightly at that memory. Thankfully, Tomoyo hadn't recorded that last part. Of course she did regret it. He put that book away, then looked at his watch. He should be getting to bed, he had to get up early tomorrow to make Nadeshiko's lunch, not to mention wake her up. She was quite a sound sleeper, so even though her alarm clock rang, it never woke her, so he had to do it himself.
As he made his way to his room, he noticed that Nadeshiko's light was still on. He was about to go knock on her door and tell her to get to bed, when her heard something. It sounded as if she was talking on the phone with one of her friends, but it was the conversation, or at least the part the he heard, that made him stop.
"What? But Crystal!.... But.... I can't do that, she's my friend!..... Of course the band's important to me!.... Yeah, I know, but.... Are you sure?.... But what if we made her part of the band?.... Why does that matter?.... Look, I know you don't like her, but that's no reason...... Alright, fine. See you tomorrow then."
He then saw her light go off. He walked to his room, frowning. What could she have been talking about?

~End of part 2~

(A/N: Woohoo! I finally wrote something long! Hehe! It could have been longer still, but I decided to keep the next flashback for later in the fic. So anyway, what do you think? What was Nadeshiko talking about with her friend? Should Syaoran be worried? Find out in the next exciting part of "Dead Angels"! Also, I apologize if some of the flashbacks aren't that great. I was listening to music from "American McGee's Alice" while I was writing them, so as you can imagine, freaky music and cute scenes don't mix. But besides that, I think I did pretty good, what do you think? Feedback is apreciated!)

~AniDragon~