Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dead Angels ❯ ~Things Aren't Always as They Seem~ ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(Disclaimer which had been forgotten in the last 2 chapters: Cardcaptor Sakura doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Clamp. I own the characters Cleo, Nadeshiko (well, at least the Nadeshiko in this fic, the original-- Sakura's mom-- also belongs to Clamp) and their friends, as well as the plot to this fic. If you sue, you won't get much. All I have is a crappie computer, a few stuffed toys, and about 6 or 7 tapes full of Digimon, Dragonball Z and Cardcaptor Sakura in English and French.)
(A/N: Thanks for the reviews! I really appreciate it! Anyway, please enjoy part 3! ^_^\\// Peace!)

Dead Angels (part 3)
~Things Aren't Always as They Seem~

by: AniDragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You're quitting the band?" Syaoran asked, shocked, "Why?"
"I just am!" Nadeshiko replied, "It's stupid!"
"Did... did they kick you out?"
"No, I just quit."
Syaoran raised an eyebrow, "Listen, I know you, and I know that you wouldn't just quit like that without a good reason. Now what is it? Was there a fight or something?"
"No." The young girl replied, looking away.
"Then why? I know the band's important to you. And you're a great singer! Meilin and I were impressed the other day at the concert."
"I don't have a reason! I just quit! That's all!" She shouted, then ran up the stairs to her room.
Syaoran frowned. Something must have happened, but what was it? He recalled the phone call that he had over heard. Could this be related to it? It was a big possibility.
Another thing that worried him was that Cleo hadn't come over for a while. When he asked Tomoyo about it, she said that Cleo was mad at Nadeshiko, but she didn't know why.
Should he be worried? He knew that life was tough around her age and that no matter what he did, it would probably just make it worst. It seemed that the best thing to do would be to let things play themselves out. After all, he heard once "The pains you face today will become a great source of strength in the future." So as much as he hated to admit it, there was absolutely nothing he could do.
He sighed and sat on the couch. He looked at the calendar. The "Card Captors reunion" was tomorrow. Maybe that would cheer Nadeshiko up. He had told her about the Clow Cards and had trained her with her magic powers, but she didn't use them often. She was afraid that people would call her a witch or something like that. He didn't really mind. He didn't use his magical powers as much as he used to, mostly because he didn't need to. He usually just used it to heal some of the students in his Kendo class when they got injured, but that was about it. (Kendo is a type of Japanese fencing.)
The phone snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Li residence," He said after answering.
"Can... Can I talk to Nady?" A familiar shy voice asked.
"Hey, Cleo. Hold on a sec, I'll get her," He put his hand over the receiver, "Nadeshiko! Pick up the phone! Cleo wants to talk to you!"
He heard her pick up, and was about to hang up. But as luck had it, Nadeshiko's first words made him stay.
"Cleo?! Listen, I'm really sorry. I--"
"Look Nady, I'm just calling because my mom told me that I should. And I just want to say that I still didn't forgive you. That was really selfish and stupid! And if you think Crystal's a better friend then me, then fine! I don't care anymore!"
"Cleo, I quit the band."
"That doesn't matter! You can't change the past, ya know!"
"Listen. I know that ditching you like that was wrong, but you know how much the band meant for me at the time! And you know how stubborn Crystal is! But I got sick of the band because it's just this big Spice Girls copying thing! I wanna be your friend again!"
"Too bad! Forget it!" Cleo shouted, then hung up.
Syaoran quickly hung up afterwards, feeling bad for eavesdropping once again. But at least he had found out something. From what he could tell, Crystal had told Nadeshiko that she couldn't be in the band if she was Cleo's friend. It was something like that, at least.
Yeah, he was worried. But he knew things would work out.
Wouldn't they?

~End of part 3~

(A/N: *shivers as she remembers a similar situation happening to her* Does anyone else hate junior high? Man, writing that brought back so many bad memories. But anyway, this didn't really turn out the way I wanted it too, but it's not that bad, I guess. It serves it's purpose. Also, I know that by then, the band wouldn't be copying the Spice Girls, but I have no clue what band is popular now, and what band will be popular later, so I just used the band that was popular when that happened to me. And I'm really sorry that this was so short! Anyway, the big surprise should be here in either the next chapter or the one after it, so keep reading!)

~AniDragon~