Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dead Angels ❯ ~Sinner's Prayer~ ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: I have to say that I'm really surprised and pleased at all the reviews I'm getting for this fic! It's good to know that I'm liked! Sorry to have kept you waiting for this chapter, and I'm sorry to say that it could have been better, and that it's a bit short. Anyway, the really surprising part that I was telling you about is here! I hope you like it, and please don't kill me. I'm putting the whole authors note here, so that way I won't "ruin the moment" or anything at the end. Just keep in mind that THIS IS NOT THE LAST PART!!!!!!!! There's at LEAST one more part after this, probably 2 or 3. Also, the poem at the beginning is by b-chan, a DBGT fic author. I put it there (with her permission, of course) because I think it goes perfectly with the fic, and it really sets the mood. Another thing that sets the mood is any music from "American McGee's Alice" (which is what I was listening to while I was writing this). So please enjoy this part, and please review!)
Dead Angels (part 4)
~Sinner's Prayer~

"Have you ever had somebody reach into your chest and give your heart a squeeze?
And it hurt so much, you simply couldn't breath?
And when you begged them to stop, they laughed in your face,
Gave you a hard slap and told you you were a disgrace.
No one knows you, but they hate you just the same,
And you can only weep, for you have only yourself to blame.
People are cruel, and life is just a game.
Welcome to the realm of never ending pain."
~Poem by b-chan~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
"Cleo really seems to be mad at Nadeshiko," A worried Meilin pointed out to Syaoran.
Meilin and Syaoran were sitting on the couch at the party. Everyone else were spaced out around the living room. A nervous Touya was trying not to make a fool out of himself while Kaho Mizuki talked to him and Yukito, and Tomoyo and Eriol were trying to get Cleo to talk to Nadeshiko, with no luck.
"Relax," Syaoran told her, "They're just going through puberty. And I think everyone knows how hard that is. We just have to let them face it by themselves. If we always step in to help them, they'll never learn."
"I know. But I just wish we could let them know that things will be alright. Nadeshiko's really taking it hard."
"Trust me, I know that more then anyone. But as much as I hate it, the only thing I can do is tell her: 'Don't worry, everything will turn out okay', or 'It's alright, things will work themselves out'."
"I know," Meilin said.
They were silent after that. Finally, Meilin broke the silence and started a new conversation.
"Syaoran, you never told me why you never came back to Hong Kong."
"It's because of my mom. She didn't approve of me and Sakura's marriage. When Sakura died, she told me that I could return and be the clan's leader if I got rid of Nadeshiko."
"What did you say?"
"I refused, obviously. Then she said that as long as I kept her, I wouldn't be welcomed home, and if I tried to go, she'd kill her herself. Even if they would have let me go back, I didn't want Nadeshiko growing up in a power hungry place with no love like I had."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"To be honest, I thought that one of my sisters would tell you."
"Do you ever wish that you could come home?"
"Sometimes. But I like my life here. It's nice to live like a normal person."
"Yeah, it probably is."
"How is everyone back home?"
"They're fine. Your sisters really miss you. I think your mom does too, even though she won't admit it."
"Yeah, she's pretty stubborn. I think that--"
"FINE!!!!!!!!!!" Nadeshiko's voice interrupted their conversation, "I don't care anymore! I'll find some other friends! I don't need you! I hate you! I hate you!"
Syaoran turned away from Meilin. Nadeshiko ran over to him, crying.
"Daddy, let's go home! I don't want to be at this stupid party anymore!"
Syaoran hugged her, "Alright, let's go," He looked towards Meilin, "Sorry to have to leave so early."
"It's okay. Cya later."
"Bye."
He and Nadeshiko left the house with everyone watching silently and Cleo ran up to her room.
"I should probably go talk to her--" Tomoyo started, but then Eriol put his hand on her arm.
"Let her be. She needs some time alone."
"But--"
"You worry too much. I'm sure she'll be fine after she's had time to think."
Tomoyo looked ready to argue, but then gave up, "I guess your right."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Syaoran asked the next day before leaving for work.
"I'll be fine, dad," Nadeshiko told him, "Don't worry."
"I can cancel the course, if you want," He said, "After all, my students will survive--"
"I told you, I'll be fine! Just go!"
Syaoran sighed and kissed her on her forehead, "Alright. I'll see you later then. I love you sweety."
"Love you too," She muttered, "Now go, you'll be late."
"Alright," He walked towards the door and picked up his bag with his gi and equipment in it, then turned around once he got to the door, "Cya."
"Bye."
Once he left, Nadeshiko went up to her room. After searching for a while, she finally found what she was looking for. A tear fell down her cheek, but she brushed it away quickly.
"I shouldn't cry," She told herself, "I won't have a reason to cry after tonight."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you alright, sensei?" A young boy from Syaoran's class asked during a break.
"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask?"
"Well, you don't really seem to be concentrating on the lesson. I mean, your always telling us not to be distracted, and now--"
"You're pretty observant, Kiken. That'll be useful for you in the future."
"Thanks, but don't change the subject."
Syaoran smiled, "I'm just a bit worried about my daughter. She's been kind of depressed lately."
"Is she going to be okay?"
"I think so. She just had a fight with one of her friends. Stuff like that happens all the time at her age."
"Are you sure you should have left her alone?"
"Not really, but she told me she needed time to think. I'll try talking to her tonight after class."
"Why don't you just end class early?"
Syaoran gave him a look, "I think you'd enjoy that a bit too much."
Kiken laughed, "Maybe just a little."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Syaoran got into his car after his course and was hit with a strange feeling. He shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing. He began driving home, but then realized that the feeling hadn't left him. He hurried up, going as fast as he could without breaking any laws. When he finally arrived home, he rushed up to the front door.
The feeling got worst as soon as he entered the house. He couldn't really figure out what it was. It was just... bad. The house felt empty and dead.
"Nadeshiko!" He called, "I'm back!"
He didn't hear an answer. He slowly made his way up the stairs and up to her room. It was empty.
'Where is she?' He thought.
There was something wrong. He tried searching for her aura and felt nothing. Her aura was never really that strong, but he could usually sense her, even if she was far away. He took a deep breath, then another. Where was she?!
"Nadeshiko!" He called again, "Nadeshiko, where are you?!"
Still no answer. He left her room and started searching the house. He couldn't find her anywhere. Panic began to creep up on him. He still couldn't sense her aura anywhere. She was either too far away or....
'Or dead,' He thought, 'No! She can't be! She must be here somewhere!'
As he entered the kitchen once again, he noticed the balcony door. He didn't know what made him stare at it for so long. Maybe it was his instincts, or something else. Whatever it was, it was telling him to look outside.
He put his hand on the door handle, but stayed frozen there for a few minutes. Finally, he gathered up enough courage to open it.
And then he was frozen in place at the sight that awaited him.
'No. This can't be real. This must be a dream. A nightmare. There's no way this is happening. This can't be real! It can't be! There's no way! This can'tbe real!!!'
But in his heart, he knew it was.
His daughter had hung herself.
And that was pure reality giving him a hard slap in the face.

~End of part 4~

~AniDragon~