Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Flower ❯ Fall: Wilting ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Flower
 
Disclaimer: I do not own CCS, clamp is it's rightful owner, also with the quotes, it doesn't belong to me, it was taken from a website.
 
Summary: " When we lose the one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough." ( a quote from a certain website)
 
 
~^*Chapter 1: Fall: Wilting*^~
 
 
 
 
Never give up if you still wanna try
Never wipe your tears if you still wanna cry
Never settle for the answer if you still wanna know
Never say u don't like him if you can't let him go
 
(From an unknown author)
 
 
 
 
Sakura Li smiled as she exited the hospital doors, she has a white folder in her hands which are held tightly, that if it would fly away the world will end and ice age will come again.
“Mistress, are you alright?” Wei, her butler asked
“I'm very fine, now we can go home” Sakura answered with a bright smile
The old man bowed and opened the Porsche's door in order to let his mistress in. Sakura Li formerly known as Sakura Kinomoto, is two years married to one of the richest man in the whole world, named Li Syaoran. You see, Sakura noticed that she's vomiting every morning since last week, well Syaoran is not actually aware of that, but she decided to under go check up, and found out that she is not actually sick, she is a month pregnant, with their eldest.
 
“Mistress we have arrived” Wei informed
“Wei is Syaoran here?” Sakura asked excitedly as she went out of the car
“I think so, the master's car is here” Wei replied as she turned to the black BMW parked beside the car they just used
“Oh! I see, please don't tell him I'm already home, I'll just go and find him” Sakura giggled
Wei nodded as he watched Sakura enter the mansion, he is so glad to have a mistress like her, a woman who brought light in this once cold mansion.
 
Sakura smiled at every servant she met in the grand hall, she is sure that Syaoran is in his study because every time he comes home, that's the first room he enters before going to their bedroom to change. Sakura climbed the stair cases carefully, she cannot let her carelessness take over especially when she is pregnant. Upon reaching the top, she went to the third door to the right, which is the study, and was shocked to see it was slightly ajar. She was about to open it widely when she heard a woman speak, not just speaking to anybody but speaking to her husband.
“You cannot lie to me Syaoran, I've known you for years”
“I'm not ly-“
Sakura peeped a little and she could see the woman standing up from the couch.
“Why don't you just admit that you don't love Sakura” the woman smirked, her eyes on the slightly ajar door, knowing well that Sakura is there and listening.
“I admit that I don't love Sakura-“
“You see, I knew you were lying” the woman placed her pale arms on Syaoran's neck
Sakura covered her mouth; she can't believe what Syaoran had just said, but still she continued to listen, it's better to know the truth even though it hurts, right?
“I admit that she's just a mere replacement of Mei Lin” Syaoran sighed
That statement hit Sakura hard and this time she could no longer afford to listen. She stepped back slowly and walked as quickly and as silently as she could back to their room, the place where she can find comfort.
 
 
 
 
“So that's the reason why every time I say I love you, you don't reply, it's because you don't truly love me, you just kept your promise to Mei Lin that you will take good care of me, I was such a damn fool expecting that you have gotten over her and have finally accepted my love, Li Syaoran you lied to me” Sakura cried silently as she sat in her toilet bowl, every memory of the dying Mei Lin entering her mind.
 
 
 
~Flashback~
Mei Lin Rei lies in her death bed waiting for death to arrive and conquer her last breath. Sakura could see Syaoran from the slightly ajar door sitting beside Mei Lin's bed. His big hands clutching her pale ones, just a few months ago, Mei Lin, Sakura's best friend, had been diagnose with a Leukemia in stage four. Her friend was so devastated upon knowing it, but Sakura was always there to comfort her, Mei Lin was so worried in leaving her two year boy friend Li Syaoran, who Sakura like secretly but her best friend assured her that everything will be alright.
“Syaoran” Mei Lin called out softly
“Hmm” Syaoran replied, tears streaming down his eyes
“I'm so weak”
“That's why you should not speak” he replied softly
“Can you do me a little favor?”
“Yeah anything for you”
“Can you take care of Sakura for me, I'm actually tired and I need some rest”
At that time Sakura could not fathom the meaning of that certain sentence because she was too innocent and naïve, being three years younger to Mei Lin and Syaoran, she still has a lot to learn.
Syaoran nodded “I promise”
Mei Lin gently closed her eyes, her hands falling limp in Syaoran's hold. Mei Lin died. After a year, Syaoran dated innocent Sakura which lasted for four years and decided to marry.
 
~End of Flashback~
 
 
 
 
 
Sakura stood up from her sitting position and went in front of the mirror, if Syaoran will see her eyes puffy then he will surely get suspicious. She washed her face and thought of a plan that might heal her broken heart. She touched her womb and smiled. “Maybe Syaoran didn't mean it” her good side said but why does her heart ache? “Maybe it's true” Sakura whispered and then she began to cry again.
 
 
 
 
Syaoran had a tough conversation with Yvonne, the woman she dated before Mei Lin. She was kind of obsessed of him but he has no interest for her at all.
 
“Wei is your mistress home?”
“Yes master, she told me she will find you, haven't you met her?”
“No, I was in the study talking with somebody”
“Maybe she has retired to your bedroom; she must be tired from work”
“I guess I need to stop her from visiting the hospital” Syaoran closed his eyes
“Well she works there master, and I bet Sakura-san wouldn't agree”
“I know” Syaoran sighed as he walked away
Once he entered their room he immediately saw his wife sleeping in their king size bed, Syaoran smiled a little as he went to the bathroom to take a little shower before joining Sakura in their bed. While Syaoran let the hot water flow down his body, he can't help but recall the conversation he had with Yvonne just awhile ago.
 
 
 
~Flashback~
 
“You cannot lie to me Syaoran, I've known you for years”
“I'm not ly-“
Yvonne stood up.
“Why don't you just admit that you don't love Sakura” the woman smirked, Syoaran noticed this but ignored it, she has this habit of smirking all the time.
“I admit that I don't love Sakura-“
“You see, I knew you were lying” she placed her pale arms on Syaoran's neck (which made him sick)
“I admit that she's just a mere replacement of Mei Lin” Syaoran sighed
“I know, since that day you married her” finally she remove her long arms from his neck.
“But that was before” Syaoran paused
“You mean?” Yvonne raised a brow
“I have come to love Sakura before I married her, although I barely show it, I do care for her a lot” he knew he hit her ego, but he doesn't really care, she deserves that
Yvonne nodded as she sat back down again “Well let's go straight to business”
Syaoran nodded as he too took his sit and received the envelope Yvonne handed to him.
~End of Flashback~
 
 
 
Yvonne must have tried to convince him to leave Sakura, but that's the greatest thing he could never do, leaving his cherry blossom would be similar to committing suicide.
 
Syaoran closed his eyes, feeling the warm water hit his body. Next week he will be leaving for Canada, according to Yvonne they're doing some deal that will increase their stocks even more. Unfortunately, he cannot take Sakura, since she has work at their family's hospital; she is the head pharmacist there. Syaoran opened his eyes and finished his little shower.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Syaoran towel dried his chestnut hair, he wore white cotton pants and a thin wife beater, and he smiled upon seeing his wife sound asleep, she has been weird these days. Oh well! What could he do, Sakura is Sakura. Syaoran kissed Sakura's forehead and settled himself in his space to sleep, for sure tomorrow is another hard day for work. Unknown to him, a single tear escaped his wife's shut eye lids.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The Next morning, Syaoran was surprised to see his wife in the breakfast table, she usually skip meals and go to the hospital as early as she could, well since last week.
“Kura, why aren't you early today?” Syaoran asked as he read the newspaper
“I woke up late, and skipping breakfast is not a good habit” she smiled, Syaoran frowned a little, there is something weird with Sakura today.
“Kura how about I drive you today” Syaoran said as he placed down the newspaper he is reading
Sakura giggled “C'mon Syaoran, if you drive me to the hospital for sure you will be late for the office, and besides Wei is here”
Syaoran nodded “Sakura you know I'll be going to a business trip for about a week”
“Uh huh, and?” Sakura stared at her, expecting him to continue
“You know I can't take you there”
Sakura laughed a little “Syaoran it's really fine”
Syaoran stared at her for awhile and dismissed the topic
“Oh! Well I need to get going” Sakura stood up
“Kura-chan don't make anything drastic” Syaoran warned
“I know…I know” Sakura rolled her eyes
“And Syaoran I forgot, when are you leaving?”
“Tomorrow afternoon, doushite?”
“Nothing” Sakura smiled and went out of the dining area
`Weird, really weird' Syaoran thought
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sakura arrived at the hospital and did her work (slower than usual), she was checking on the medicine stocks when a light knock came from the door.
“Yes” Sakura looked up from the record book on top of the desk
“Li-san, Dr. Mihara is here”
“Please let her in” Sakura replied
“Hai”
 
The brown door opened and revealed a young woman same age as Sakura, her hair is tied in pigtails, quiet unusual for a doctor, but it fits her. Oh! Well.
 
“Chiharu?” Sakura asked as she saw her friend's red face
“Sakura-chan” she squealed and sat at one of Sakura's sofas inside her office
“Do you have skin allergy, why is your face red?”
“Oh! C'mon, don't you get it?”
“Get what?” Sakura frowned
Chiharu grinned as she slightly raised her right hand up, and showed her friend a diamond ring.
“My…My…Yamazaki-kun finally did it”
Chiharu giggled
“So? Do you have any plans for the wedding?”
Chiharu sighed
“What's wrong?”
“I'm leaving the day after tomorrow”
“Doushite?” Sakura was quiet taken aback, her best friend in this entire whole world is leaving because she's getting married, that's not quiet believable
“You see, Yamazaki wants me to stay near him especially now that we are getting married” Chiharu explained
“I see, Yamazaki-kun wants you to work in England and perhaps live their permanently after your wedding”
Chiharu nodded, feeling a little sorry for telling Sakura about her sudden live.
“Too bad you will not be the one who will deliver my baby” Chiharu noticed the lack of cheerfulness in Sakura's voice, maybe it's because of her shocking news
“Don't worry Saku-chan, I already recommended you to Naoko Yangisawa, she is also a good doctor”
“Thanks”
“No prob, by the way did you already tell Li-kun about you being pregnant”
“Ano…” Sakura's throat suddenly tightened, she hated lying but she has no choice “Yup, and he was so happy when he knew about it”
“I'm glad” Chiharu smiled
“Chiharu-chan, can keep my pregnancy a secret
“Why?”
“Please, I'll just tell the people here when the right time comes”
“Alright, as you wish I won't tell anybody”
“Thank you” Sakura smiled, the truth is that she doesn't want Syaoran to know about her pregnancy yet, she wanted first to settle the problem in their relationship.
 
 
 
That afternoon Sakura busied herself with all the work, as to forget about the conversation that she had overheard yesterday. The phone on her desk rang, Sakura stopped typing and picked up the phone.
“Moshi Moshi, Sakura Li here” she greeted cheerfully
“Li-san this is Yvonne” Sakura felt chills ran down her spine
“Izuko-san, why did you call?”
“I need to talk to you Li-san, do you have break time?”
“My work will be over this five o'clock, where do you want to meet?” Sakura hoped that her voice did not quiver
“I'll meet you at your office, will you wait for me?”
“I will” Sakura replied and placed down the receiver
`What does this woman want from her' she thought as she continued her suspended work
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yvonne smirked as she threw herself in the sofa, she needs to prepare for her meeting with Sakura Li, and she'll make sure that this time she won't loose anymore.
“I may have loose against Mei Ling, but this time it won't happen again” she whispered
 
______________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Please r+r, my first attempt to write a CCS story. Inspired by the song My Valentine