Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Forever It Will Stay ❯ Forgotten Promise ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[A/N] Yes... I admit it... I've been going on a crazy insane streak of inventing new stories... please forgive me... I promise to finish the other ones that people actually liked, but for now, I'm going to introduce my new stories so nobody can steal my plots! Okay, now you may read the story.

Forever It Will Stay

Prologue: Forgotten Promise

It was a long time ago. Back in Sakura's fourth grade years to be exact. No sooner than the moment that she had met Li, Syaoran, her life was changed. It was in fourth grade that she had discovered the Clow Book in the basement. It was covered in dust and didn't seem to interesting until quiet Syaoran had asked Sakura to bring it to school one day. It was on this fateful day that Sakura actually opened the book and the cards went soaring away with Kero's appearance. Lucky enough for Sakura, Syaoran had managed to grasp a few cards before the rest flew away, leaving Sakura with Windy, Jump, Arrow, Through, and Water. Syaoran took Sakura under his wing and trained her in the martial arts and control of magic to make Sakura stronger for her destiny that was to come. Soon she had defeated Yue and transformed her cards. It was now during her final battle with Eriol and in the middle of the transformation of the Light and Dark cards.

"Please, please... let it work."

A bright light swirled around the cards as the transformation into Sakura cards began. The bottom of the cards soon changed their symbols, surrendering their powers to Sakura's star which continued to feed upon their power. Sakura winced from how much strength it was taking from her. She knew it was going to be hard, but she didn't expect it to be this painful of a task. The cards suddenly stopped their transformation as Sakura fell back.

'It's too hard. I can't do this...'

Sakura suddenly felt someone behind her brace her from falling. To her surprise it was her mentor and close friend, Syaoran. He grinned at her shock as he helped her brace her hands on the wand, giving his powers to it as well.

"I thought I trained you better than that, Sakura. Come on. WE can do this."

Sakura nodded at Syaoran and turned back to focus her strength on the cards. The transformation continued at a painfully slow pace. Syaoran could tell that something was wrong with Sakura because she seemed to be holding back her power. Sakura tried to focus her powers on the cards, but because of how close Syaoran was standing next to her, it was hard to focus until...

'I knew that this was going to happen, but I never knew I was actually suppose to FEEL the pain before passing out. Well, here goes my role.'

Syaoran fell backwards, passing out from exhaustion. Sakura screamed as she looked down at her mentor and the only one she could say that she had fallen in love with. Sakura then started focusing her anger and her spirit toward the cards, directing all of her immense powers to create the final product as she recited her words.

"Everything will be alright."

The light was shown above the skies and Eriol's spell was broken at last.

~*~

It was the day after the cards have been captured. Sakura skipped the streets happily, knowing that her destiny had been fulfilled. Her best friend, Tomoyo, recorded her as she ran up and down the streets in sheer bliss. After running up toward Eriol's house to say goodbye before going to school, Sakura and Tomoyo returned and finished their education that day. (Note: There were no packages for them like in the manga.) Oddly enough, Syaoran Li, the role model student did not come to school that day. Sakura's heart skipped a beat when she went over to his house to check on him and give him his homework that he missed that day. When nobody had answered the door, Sakura stepped in to find Syaoran's apartment... cleared out? Sakura panicked and almost ran into another lady who was coming out from next door.

"Oh my, deary me. You weren't hurt, now were you?"

"No, ma'am. Excuse me, but do you know what happened to the boy who lived here?"

"Oh, him?"

The lady snorted as if she was completely annoyed at the thought of him. She would normally have stomped off and ignored the subject, but seeing Sakura's pleading look on her face was too much to bear.

"He took off yesterday. You would think that if he's moving, he would be kind enough to do it in the morning so he wouldn't disturb his neighbors. Why he left in such a hurry, I still have no idea."

Sakura thanked the lady for letting her know what happened. Sakura pondered over the situation and decided to let it go. She had faith in him that he would come back.

~*~

'Finally my job is over, but still, I have a bad feeling that I forgot something.'

Syaoran was on his plane ride home, back to Hong Kong where he belonged, back to his family. However, he had a strange feeling that he didn't do something right. He was soon to find out.

"I have returned, Mother."

Yelan looked up at her son who had just arrived. Syaoran stood in front of his mother to show respect to her as Yelan stared up at him from her seat. Syaoran looked down at the floor so that he could avoid eye contact in order to respect his mother when he suddenly gasped.

"Mother..."

"Welcome back, my son."

Yelan embraced her son and welcomed him back home. Syaoran sighed. He was finally home to stay. No more mysterious card captures, no more weird video cameras trying to "capture the moment," and no more Eriol. It was like a dream come true.

"Is little brother finally home?"

Four older sisters of Li, Syaoran squeeled as they came down and pounced on him, barrading him with embraces, pinches, and questions. Yelan smiled to see her family back to the way it was while Syaoran groaned from the attention.

"So, did little brother make a girlfriend while he was in Japan?"

Syaoran's face tinted slightly, but it didn't seem to be because of embarrassment. It seemed to be more out of annoyance and slight anger. In other words, he didn't look to happy, and neither did Yelan.

"Why should I? What's the use of even bothering to like any of those Japanese girls? They're so pathetically weak and they're way to feminine for my tastes."

His sisters immediatly stared at him wide-eyed. They didn't know what to say. Had he forgotten the last of his duties? Yelan cleared her throat, signaling her daughters to leave. She and her son went into a secret library to talk. Syaoran was still confused. Was there something else he needed to do?

"Li, Syaoran, just what did you think you were doing?!"

"Mother, I don't understand. What have I done wrong?"

"Haven't I reminded you time after time again? After the girl has taken care of Clow's reincarnation, you were suppose to admit your feelings to her. I thought it was all very strange that you arrived so early without a teddy bear."

"But, Mother, how can I admit something that I don't believe in? It's ludicrous! I don't even like her!"

At this remark, Yelan quickly slapped her son across the face and gave him her most harsh glare that she had ever given anyone. Syaoran flinched at his mother's looks while he started to retreat into a corner. Yelan sighed and took out her rage on an empty shelf. After obliterating it, she turned back to her son and lowered her voice.

"Syaoran, must I tell you the consequences of this action? Now the girl is going to think you have betrayed her. It will not balance out the future. How else will she capture the last and final card hidden under Clow's mansion?"

"I don't understand why my life has to played out, word for word, script for script, action for action. All I know is, I don't have feelings for this girl. Sakura is no more than an aquaintance to me."

"Syaoran, unless you change your mind, you are going to regret this. Unless you can stop this, you will end up paying for it at a costly price. Listen to my instructions and do as I say before it is too late. I will seek the counsel and work on finding out a solution right away."

Yelan and Syaoran both stepped out of the library. Syaoran retreated to his room filled with even more anger than he had before. He was sure he was going to snap everything in his room in two! Enough was enough. He didn't want his life to be controlled. It was hard enough living up to the Li family's standards, but to have to control his life for their sake was just wrong! Syaoran sighed and went to bed. It may only have been 6pm, but he was tired from the flight and he had many things to think over once he woke up.

'Sakura, I don't know what to say about you. I don't like you in that way. I hate being destined to do everything, and the more my mother pushes this, the more I start to hate you. You who had to take the power of Clow right in front of my eyes, you who had to ruin my life because of your destiny, you who had to curse me with this anger, you are not who you appear to be, Sakura.'

Syaoran rolled over and fell asleep, dreaming of the day when he could finally curse Eriol with the curse of being turned into a woman who would be without magical powers or any knowledge.

*to be continued...*

[A/N] Yay! Done with another short prologue! Yes, the next chapters will be longer, don't worry. In case you were wondering, this is S+S unless fans out there vote otherwise. If you are wondering, it might be E+T, but only if the fans want it. Please give me the pairings!!! Yes, it's T+Y. I'm pretty much going to ignore Yue most of the time unless the fans want him to make lots of appearances. Please review!!