Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ In the Darkest Hour, There is Light ❯ Remembering ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT MESSAGE BELOW! THIS TIME, I'M SERIOUS!

NOW, THE AGES OF SAKURA-TACHI ARE ABOUT 16/17. AND…

THIS IS A CHAPTER WITH MANY SURPRISES! AND WHEN I SAY 'MANY' I MEAN…

TONS!

Otaku-hime: Okay, that's that. Now… First off, a HUGE thanks to NET, for coming up with my new title! You seriously have no idea how hard it is to come up with a good title.

Anywayz, my best friend Jillerz has decided I've been really mean to all my loyal fans, cuz I made them review… hehehehe… I luv cliffhangers…

Jillerz: *holds up a cross* EVIL!

Otaku-hime: Put that down. *Rolls eyes* You'll hurt yourself on that thing. Or you'll just start giggling, and then wave your arms around, and hit me with it. And painful torture shall follow.

*Note: Jillerz is one of those horribly annoying people that laugh… and laugh… and laugh… and won't shut up… and are extremely ticklish… so they laugh…*

Jillerz: *looks around* Where's Li?

Otaku-hime: FOR THE LAST TIME, HIS NAME IS SYAORAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jillerz: Did Li disappear?

Otaku-hime: *vein throbs* Fine. Go ahead. Be annoying. Anyway, my little porkchops (I got that from 'The Usual Suspects'- you know that part when McManus is talking to the corrupt cops while they're in their car? Never mind- don't even ask if you haven't seen the movie.)

Arigatou goes out to the following people who reviewed:

Ami, Kero Korusu Yoshi Tomodachi, ~*~Anime Angel~*~, ^-^, Koneko, angel, Stars From Above, cheler, Sakura_child, tj, Fabi-chan, Kerry&KuraiWildfire, Bridget, divinedivaangel, SoulSister, ~*princess icestar*~

Syaoran: *currently tied and bound to a chair* Mmmffufmph wumffmmp!?

Otaku-hime: Eriole-kun, translation?

Eriole: He's saying 'Why am I tied to a chair!?' Actually, that's a very good question. Care to enlighten me?

Otaku-hime: *rolls eyes* If I untie you, Syaoran-kun, you'll go and blab to everyone about this chapter! Duh!

Syaoran: Fffumwumphh. *Glares darkly*

Otaku-hime: Eh?

Eriole: He's saying 'You're evil'. Otaku-hime-sama, you're an authoress after my own heart!

Jillerz: *waves cross frantically* See?! Li thinks you're evil too! But now you and Eli are both evil!!

Otaku-hime: HIS NAME IS ERIOLE!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the Darkest Hour, There is Light

By Otaku-hime

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Syaoran was stunned.

Shocked.

Struck dumb.

And…

… utterly horrified…

"GAKI?!"

(Otaku-hime: YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT, WERE YOU????? YOU THOUGHT IS WAS SAKURA!!!!!)

It's the gaki, was the only thought that seemed to register in Touya Kinomoto's shocked mind.

"Touya?" said an anxious voice behind him.

"Huh? Otousan!" Touya whipped around to see his father, worry lines creasing his face. "You won't believe who I ran into-"

"I'm right here," growled Syaoran.

Touya sighed, and ran a hand through his dark hair. An unhappy frown tugged at his lips, and Fujitaka patted his back sympathetically.

Syaoran was suddenly startled as the thought hit him: he had never seen Touya looked so tired before, so… weary. And not just physically.

Touya said to the older man slowly, "Do you think it's just some totally bizarre coincidence-"

"There's no such thing as coincidence, only the inevitable," called out a voice, as a person walked towards them. And who should that person be, other than…

"Hiiragizawa?" Meiling looked incredulous. "What are you all doing in Hong Kong?" Now, in front of them, were Touya, Eriole, and Fujitaka.

Syaoran could barely stand still. "Is Sakura-"

"Why you-" Touya tried to lunge at Syaoran, but Fujitaka stopped him.

"Touya! It's not his fault and you know that," he said quietly, once he had let go of his son.

"I'm sorry, it's just hard…" His face looked not only tired, but haggard as well. To Syaoran's absolute and complete horror, tears formed in Touya's eyes.

"You need not cry," said Eriole soothingly. "She'll be fine for now." He looked at Syaoran. "Xiao-lang, would it be all right if we stayed at the Li Mansion tonight?"

Mei-ling nodded and said firmly, "All of you are welcome. You are all tied closely to the Mistress." She tried to smile, but it was a pathetic, quivery thing. She was worried about Sakura, even if she didn't want to admit it.

*~*~*~*

The girl tossed and turned, her face flushed in heat. Her green eyes lay open, feverish and unfocused. She was too weak, too tired, too frail, and uttering strange words in her delirium. The blankets were muddled, stirred by her constant movement.

The dark-haired girl by her bedside was, to say the least, climbing the walls in anxiety… as was the golden teddy bear sitting at the foot of the bed.

"What is she saying?"

"It's- it's Latin, I think… Clow knew it. She's talking too fast, though; I can't quite catch what she's saying. Has her temperature dropped yet?"

Tomoyo took the thermometer out that threatened to slip from her mouth by her muttering. "No, not yet. Kero… how long will she stay like this?"

Kero flew over to the pillow. "Her aura's fighting against something. The only problem is, I can't exactly see how strong it is, or what it's intentions are. I can't help until Yue comes, either. Both her guardians-"

"Answer my question!" Her amethyst eyes flashed in anger, and she stood up abruptly. "How long will she stay like this!?"

The Guardian Beast looked troubled. "I really don't know, Tomoyo."

Tomoyo sat back down, and gently brushed away a strand of hair that lay over her best friend's face. "I really hope they can bring-"

"Shh! She's saying something!"

A single whispered word escaped the lips of the Mistress:

"Colubra…"

At this point and time, I would like to give my utmost gratitude to a very loyal reader, cheler, who reviewed all three of my chapters and encouraged (well, more like threatened) me to go on with the stories. You are the best, Kayla-san! And like I said… some threats are GOOD!

Hmm… do by any chance, one of you readers out there know Latin? The one word I used was one out of five words in Latin I know. ^_^ I think I know what it means. If I don't… I'm dead.

So, did you like that chapter? Flame me, praise me, whatever you think you should do, just use that little box below! If you have any questions, complaints, ideas or anything, you can e-mail me at kawaiiusako49@hotmail.com or at my other address, for you yahoo users: shiawase_bishoujo@yahoo.ca.

(Just to note- I have two different e-mails. ^^ One at Yahoo, and one at Hotmail. Yeah, I am weird.)

Please, REVIEW! Scream, rant, flame whatever, because I feel like killing myself for not making S+S meet.

Jillerz: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! YOU DIDN'T PUT SAKURA AND LI TOGETHER! HOW COULD YOU?

Otaku-hime: Shut up, shut up, shut up…

Jillerz: AND THEN YOU MADE TORI CRY, AND AIDEN AND ELI APPEAR BUT YOU DIDN'T MAKE LI-

Otaku-hime: THE NAMES ARE TOUYA, FUJITAKA, ERIOLE AND SYAORAN!