Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ In the First Place (Sequel to Nothing In This World) ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Notes: I think that this is a real songfic this time. Oh well. ^-^ Did those changing scenes things make you think that it was going to have a happy ending? If it did, that was the point! LOL! ^-^

Disclaimer(s): I don't own CCS! CLAMP does! The song 'In the First Place' was written by Antonia Armato & Tim James and performed by Hoku.

In the First Place (Sequel to 'Nothing in This World')

"Flight to Tomeda (sp?), Japan is now boarding."

As Li heard this, he looked around the airport hurriedly looking for Tomoyo and Sakura or catch a flash of Sakura's pink aura or Kero's gold one.

Man, she's good.

~I don't know why

You came back in my life~

Then Li saw their plane. It was just starting to leave.

"Sakura-chan!" he yelled, as if she could hear him, ignoring all of the people around him. "I didn't marry Meilin because I'm still in love with you!"

As if she heard him, she turned in his direction and stared at him through the window, teary eyed.

~Or why we said goodbye

In the first place~

#~~&~~#

When their plane started to leave, Sakura felt Li's aura. When Sakura turned around and her eyes caught his, her heart shattered into a million pieces.

~In your eyes,

I see where we have been~

She almost cried when she saw Li get teary eyed, about to cry. Before he was out of sight, she turned around in her seat and silently bid goodbye to Hong Kong.

#~~&~~#

When Sakura and Tomoyo got off of the plane, Sakura said, "Urhm... I'm sorry that you had to leave Eriol-kun because of me. Tomoyo-chan."

Tomoyo grinned evilly. "It's alright, Sakura-chan. Li-kun took Meilin-chan's bouquet of flowers for me. ^-^"

Oh..." Sakura winked. "Good luck Tomoyo-chan. ^_~ Let's go to our apartment and then... to your house."

"Alright!" said Tomoyo.

When they got to their hotel, Sakura told Tomoyo to go on up ahead of her. Then she went to the front desk.

"Has there been any messages for Daidouji Tomoyo or Kinomoto Sakura?"

"Um... Yes. The messages, along with your mail, have been sent to your room."

"One more thing. Could you block all calls from Li Syaoran in Hong Kong?"

"Sure... wait. The Li Syaoran? Are you, like, his ex or something?"

"The only Li Syaoran I know of. And I'm sort of his ex. Thanks!"

"Your welcome! Hey... Could you get me his phone number?"

Sakura just laughed as she stepped into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, she started crying silently.

~And what can be again

If we can erase the

The lies

And the tears that we both cried~

When she got to her room, she dried her tears so that Tomoyo wouldn't worry about her.

"Sakura-chan! You've got, like, five messages from Li-kun and two from Meilin-chan!"

"Ugh. Read me Meilin-chan's first."

"The first one says to call her back. The second one says that she is getting married to Yamazaki-kun... and that's it."

"Oh. Ok. I'll read Li-kun's later."

#~~&~~#

"The stupid machine keeps saying that the number doesn't exist." Then he sighed. "Let's face it. I feel dead with out Sakura-chan."

~Make me

Feel alive again~

"Li-kun!" whined Meilin. "Why don't I just call her on my name in my room, on my line. She's obviously blocked you."

"Ok, ok! Geeze!"

"Hi. Can I speak to Kinomoto Sakura? *Pause*. This is Meilin Rae calling from Hong Kong. *Long pause*. Ok. *Very long pause*. Hi, Sakura? This is Meilin."

(A/N: I'm going to write the phone calls in script form.)

Sakura: Hi Meilin.

Meilin: Hey Sakura. Um... why are you avoiding Li?

Sakura: Avoiding him? I'm trying to forget him. Erase memories. Move on.

Meilin: Why?

Sakura: Do you know how many years I've waited for Li-kun to come back to Japan? Almost 10 years. And now, the first time he actually contacts me, he's getting married to a whole different woman.

Meilin: Oh... Well... I don't know what to say. Could you... hold on a sec?

?????: Hello?

Sakura: Is this a set up or something?? This can't be Li Syaoran.

Li: Well it is. Look... Sakura...

Sakura: No. Just forget it. Just... screw you. I hope you live happily ever after with the next woman you try to screw me over for. Because it's over between us. Goodbye!

Then they got the dial tone.

"At least we tried, right Li?"

"I'm leaving."

"Where?"

~Take me back where we began

In the first place~

"To go and find the one woman I will ever love

#~~&~~#

I might have ruined something special between us. I knew that he had some thing to say, but I was too upset to listen to him. Love works in a twisted way. Maybe it's not meant to be. She thought.

~Maybe

Maybe it's all wrong~

"Hey Sakura-chan? Asked Tomoyo.

"Yeah?"

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Wrong room number."

"Ha! You're lying! It was Meilin and Li!"

"And exactly how do you know that?"

"Simple. I was listening in on the conversation."

"So... when do you want to go to your house.

"Don't try to change the subject, Sakura-chan.)

"Ok, ok!"

"So..."

"Um... well... you heard what I said to Li and Meilin, right?"

"Yeah... So...?"

"Should I call him back?"

"Of course you should Sakura-chan!"

"Ok. But he probably doesn't want to talk. Remember that he was the one who walked away. Not me."

(A/N: Phone call in script form.)

????? : Li residence. Meilin speaking. May I ask who this is?

Sakura: It's me, Sakura. Is Syaoran-kun there?

Meilin: *Pause*. ::Sigh:: He just left, Sakura-chan.

Sakura: Oh... do you know when he'll be back?

Meilin: If all goes well, he won't be back.

Sakura: Ohmigawd! He didn't commit suicide did he?

Meilin: ::laughing:: No. *hehe* He went to go and *haha* get the one person he loved back into his life and to stay with her.

Sakura: Oh. *Sadly*. Don't tell him that I called, ok?

Meilin: Ok. Bye!

Sakura: ::sniff:: Bye.

(End of phone call)

"What's wrong, Sakura-chan?" asked Tomoyo.

"Syaoran-kun... isn't... there... because... he left... to... get with... a different... girl..." Sakura said, sobbing hard.

Tomoyo went over to Sakura and reached around her to give her a hug. "Shh… It's ok... Everything's gonna be okay." She said rocking back and forth, comforting Sakura.

When Sakura finally fell asleep, Tomoyo went out on the balcony.

Whoever this girl is, please let it be Sakura-chan. You've hurt my best friend for the last time.

#~~&~~#

~Without you here

I always wanted more

Like what we had before

In the first place~

As Li boarded his flight to Japan, he thought about Sakura. The clan doesn't know that I'm leaving and they don't have to know.

He missed Sakura. And he was sorry that he ever hurt her. Physically and emotionally.

I'm coming Sakura-chan. I'm keeping my promise.

#~~&~~#

~And now we know

It wasn't all a dream

You're still a part of me~

Sakura woke up and said, "I'm still in love with him, Tomoyo-chan! I love him..."

"Shh... It's alright Sakura-chan."

She had no more tears to cry. She wanted to, but she couldn't.

Kero came out of hiding and stared at Sakura sympathetically. He didn't know what it was like to be I love. He couldn't do anything to help Sakura in her time of sorrow. Now that was depressing.

The light and dark card appeared in their true forms in front of her.

They... erhm... said, "Don't worry Sakura..." started the 'Light'.

"...Everything will be alright." Finished the 'Dark'.

"But how?!" she cried. "Li did this! He left, and we were still in love with each other."

~When hello became goodbye

To a love that never died~

The two cards just smiled and turned back into their card forms.

The doorbell rang and Sakura quickly put the cards away and went to get the door with her head bowed. Looking down at the floor, to be sure no one saw her face she opened the door.

"Sakura?"

She looked up, surprised to see him.

~I don't know how we ever let it end

Or why you're here again!

#~~&~~#

Li rang the doorbell and waited. He heard shuffling in the room then the door opened. She was looking down at the ground.

"Sakura?"

She looked up at him, surprised.

"What... why... why are you here?" she asked, more tears coming.

~How did it feel being out on your own

No one to love you when nobody's home~

Li reached out and pulled her into a hug. "Shh... It's alright, Sakura. Everything will be alright."

"But...Meilin... didn't you marry her?"

Li shook his head and smiled one of his rare smiles.

Tomoyo came to the door and saw Li. "Come in, come in."

He stepped out of the hallway and shut the door behind him.

Sakura pulled him into a hug and looked up at him. "I missed you so much, Syaoran-kun! Why did you break your promise?"

"The elders made me get married to Meilin and I wasn't allowed to come back to you or contact you."

She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes and then the memories came back to her.

#~~&~~#

Sakura ran to the airport to see Syaoran. When she saw him, he was getting on the plane.

"Syaoran-kun!"

He turned around and saw Sakura running towards him.

When she got to him, she gave him the teddy bear and said, "I love you too."

He blushed a little and said, "I promise that I'll come back for you. Will you wait for me?"

She nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Goodbye, Syaoran-kun."

When he got on the plane, she watched it go. Watched him leave her...

#~~&~~#

~You don't know what you've got

Till you watch it go~

"I love you, Syaoran-kun. Always and forever."

"I love you too Sakura-chan."

When tilted her head up and kissed her passionately. To let her know that he will love her forever.

When they broke the kiss, Syaoran got on one knee and looked up at Sakura. Then he pulled a box out of his pocket. (A/N: The moment you've all been waiting for.)

"Sakura-chan, it would be an honor if you were to be my wife."

She took the box from his hand when he looked away. It was a beautiful ring with a diamond shaped as a heart. There were little rubies surrounding the diamond and it had the traditional gold band.

She took it out of the box, put it on her left ring finger and closed the box light enough so that e didn't hear it close. She bent down to his level and put the box in his hand.

"And what made you think that I would say no?"

He looked up surprised and saw that she had the ring on.

"This is so kawaii!!" yelped Tomoyo.

Sakura looked at Tomoyo, then back at Syaoran and kissed him again. This one, (if possible) was more passionate that the last. She wrapped her arms around

his neck and he responded by resting his hands lightly around Sakura's waist.

And Tomoyo taped it all ^_~.

~I don't know why

We ever said goodbye

In the first place~

THE END