Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ In Too Deep. ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I don't own CCS… CLAMP does. Legends ^_^
 
 
Chapter 1
 
`That's probably what a rubber band ball would look like stretched out, only less… woody.' Sakura thought to herself as she stared as the forest in fascination. It was like a maze of branches and twigs, but no leaves. There was not a speck of green to be seen. She tried to follow a branch with her eyes, but every time she lost the one she was following as it disappeared into another.
 
She was intrigued by the forest, so much so that she wanted to venture in and explore. Sakura was always amazed at the things Mother Nature could create. She didn't need a big apartment in a bustling city, full of exciting night life. To be honest, she would rather not live that way at all. She'd be more content just living on the edge of a forest with the nature being full of enough life to satisfy her.
 
Only what she was staring at didn't look full of life. In fact, it looked more dark and gloomy, with the branches leaving the most interesting looking shadows to add the whole feel of the place. She was spooked out by the forest, but it only made it more mysterious and interesting.
 
Sakura was a strange girl. It was probably the main reason why she never had any friend in school. It wasn't that she was an awful person, or that she didn't want the company and pushed people away, they were just too… afraid almost, to go near her.
 
She rarely to never spoke, only when she had to, and mostly during lunch break, she would sit by herself and stare at a blank piece of paper in a spiral bound book. Even the book was never the same one. Nobody ever figured out the significance of it. And nobody ever got close enough to her to ask. Sakura was never picked on however, people just accepted that she was different and went on with their own live, and this suited Sakura just fine.
 
Sakura turned around to check if anyone had been calling for her while she was in a daze, (she doubted it) before holding up her skirt slightly as she stepped over the first branch. She sighed. Her clothes were going to be ruined trying to climb through all the trees. She paused to think for a minute, but eventually shrugged it off. They were just clothes after all. And what else was she going to do anyway? She was a 2-hour drive from home at least, and she wasn't going to let it stop her from going into the forest and exploring.
 
Sakura smiled lightly. “My own little adventure,” she whispered as she continued into the forest.
 
It was almost impossible to walk through. There were branches everywhere and just when she'd find a path, there would be a massive spider web, home to about ten giant spiders, blocking it off. She proceeded climbing up and over trees, and digging down through the earth to get under the branches.
 
This went on for hours it seemed, and Sakura suddenly grew tired and thirsty. All she had was a half-empty bottle of water slung over her shoulder and neck, on a diagonal across her body. She took a tiny sip, thinking she should save some as she'd probably get lost.
 
She sighed. She knew no one would worry about her. Her mother had passed away when Sakura could barely even speak, and her father had disappeared around five or six years ago. She was left alone with her brother Touya, when he up and married someone Sakura had never even met.
 
But she never worried or felt sorry for herself, or anything like that. It's just how some things happen, and she had come to accept that over the years. So practically, she was the only one that mattered to her. She hadn't heard from her father since he left, and only received a letter from Touya once every few months.
 
She finally came to a clearing in the forest where she sat down and propped herself up against a tree. The sun was going down. She could tell even thought not much light reached her through all the trees. Her stomach growled and she mentally slapped herself for not having food. She sighed and close her eyes, drifting of into a light sleep.
 
When she awoke, she found it was morning and the forest was shrouded in mist. The cold morning air reached out to Sakura and tickled every exposed part of her body. She shivered. No jacket. Her stomach growled once again, but she knew that if she could last another hour or so, she'd be so hungry that she wouldn't even feel hungry anymore, and she could then last another few days without food.
 
She was beginning to get used to this lately. Being just about 19 years old and living alone, she rarely bothered to cook for herself. But then, she rarely shopped for food either. So sometimes she would even go a week without eating. She knew it was bad for her health, but she still didn't do anything about it, she had made a habit of it.
 
She sat in the same spot for the better half of an hour, when she felt something press into the back of her head.
 
“Stand,” a deep voice said firmly, “and don't,” he continued as she started to turn around, “turn around,” he finished.
 
Sakura turned back, shaking now. She could tell, whoever was behind her, had a gun to her head. She had seen her share of action movies. But still, she had no idea why they did. For the first time in a long time Sakura was scared. It wasn't like she was beautiful or anything, and she had no money, so she had no idea what the man wanted with here, and why he had a gun.
 
“W-Who are you and what do you want?” Sakura stammered, trying to stay brave.
 
“Hah!” the man snorted. “Don't act like you don't know, Tomoyo-chan.”

Huh? Tomoyo-chan?” Sakura frowned, even more confused. “Who's that…” she said, her voice trailing off.
 
The man's eyes widened. He dropped the gun the instant he realised the girl wasn't “Tomoyo-chan” and sprinted. Sakura twirled around just in time to get a glance of a chocolate-brown haired man stumble beyond a large tree, and then disappear.
 
~~~~~
 
A/N:
So what do you think aye? Any good?
This is my first fanfic. So reviews would be nice thanks. *looks hopeful*
If you like it I'll write more ^_^