Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ In Too Deep. ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N:
I finally got to writing more! I'm sorry for taking so long! I lost interest at one point (yes I know, so early *slaps self over head*) then I went away for a month and then-
Sakura: stop the excuses, and get on with it, it's boring.
Eh… well you see, I wrote again! I hope it doesn't sound forced, cause it isn't, I swear! I really felt like writing it again! And I discovered that by wearing my Mickey ears, now dubbed “The Thinking Cap” (previously “The Gamer's Cap” as I wear it when I play Kingdom Hearts), I become as skilled as a famous novelist! (Not really, but we can pretend, ne?) Anyway. I'll stop blabbering now.
Oh and, I can't be bothered naming chapters, you don't mind right? *worried face*
 
Disclaimer: I still don't own CCS, even The Thinking Cap can't help me there, perhaps we rename it The Dream Cap? (Oh the many options for the cap! *eats chips*)
 
Anyway, here you go.
 
~~~~~
Chapter 2
 
Sakura trembled. What was going on? What in the world was a man doing out in the forest. With a gun no less! But then, she was out there too. Still, she had no idea who Tomoyo was. She'd never met a girl by that name in her life. And now she was… mistaken for her? Is that what happened?
 
Sakura's eyes widened as she shot up. “Who the hell is that guy!?” she screamed. She couldn't believe that there had really been a gun to her head just moments before. Luckily she wasn't this Tomoyo. But oh god! What if she had been? What would he have done then? Sakura feared, not for her own life, but Tomoyo's. Even if she had never met her, she still didn't want her to die! Sakura stumbled backwards, overwhelmed by it all.
 
Her arms reached out to break her fall. She soon realised her hand had landed on something that definitely didn't belong there. She gasped. Of course. The man had dropped the gun before he ran. But then did that mean he'd be back for it? Her hand shook as she cautiously raised the gun before her face. A pistol of some sort? She knew nothing about guns, except that they could kill. Within seconds a life could be taken away. She didn't want to be holding something capable of that!
 
She could always just toss it somewhere, but then that man could find it. That would be dangerous right? Sakura's head swirled. Of course she was jumping to conclusions about everything. She didn't even know who they were. But somehow, it didn't seem like Tomoyo could have done something worthy of being killed for.
 
“Oh my god! In that case, what if he's a serial killer then? One who rapes young girls and then eats them or something!?” She squealed frantically, blurting out whatever came into her head. “Or maybe like on the news, when they were showing that man who kidnapped all those people and tortured them because he was psychotic!” She massaged her temples, trying to calm down. She wasn't normally like this.
 
“I can assure you, it's not like that,” came the very familiar voice.
 
Sakura was sure her heart had stopped beating completely. It shouldn't have, but it did. Yes, she was positive now that she had no pulse at all. She'd even stopped breathing.
 
“What? You don't have anything to say? You were sure accusing me quite a bit then, miss,” he whistled.
 
He sounded like a completely different person from before. His tone of voice had lightened immensely, and there was even a hint of laughter in it. It was almost comforting, apart from the fact that he was the reason she needed comforting. Yet Sakura still couldn't deny that he sounded like a nice person, if she kind of blocked out her first meeting with him. But first impressions count for a lot.
 
“First impressions aren't always right,” he spoke, as if reading her thoughts.
 
“Huh?” Sakura stood up and turned around to face him properly. She realised this was the first time she'd actually seen his face. He was really quite beautiful, if you can use that word to describe a man. He looked older than her by a few years maybe, and he was at least a foot taller she noticed as she had to look up to meet his eyes. His brown hair fell messily over his face and he wore tatty jeans and a slightly worn suit jacket.
 
`Lucky!' she thought, wishing she had some kind of warmth. She looked down at her now knee-length blue skirt and her too-short white t-shirt that hung loosely off her shoulders and partially showed her bare stomach. The man matched her gaze.
 
“Hmm. Nice outfit,” he smirked. Sakura grunted and turned away. His voice was almost sweet, but it wasn't used to say the right words. She frowned as she stared at the ground. What was with this guy anyway?
 
“Why did you-” she stopped as she saw the man was gone. Really, what was with him? Just disappearing like that! What could he have come back for anyway? Instantly her head shot around in all directions. It was gone. He'd taken the gun.
 
She sighed and slumped down to the forest floor. After all that she hadn't even been able to find out what was going on. It was almost like she wasn't scared anymore, just disappointed. Now that she'd met him properly, (she still didn't know his name…) she'd decided that he definitely didn't suit being angry.
 
He was a good-looking guy, and by how he was talking he seemed pretty nice, but when he was angry he was totally different. He was scary. Sakura didn't ever want to have to see that side of him again. Once was already too many.
 
“I wonder if he'll come back. Then I can talk to him properly,” she muttered to herself. She didn't even know why she was still in the forest, but for some reason, she felt attached to it. She reached out and picked up the notebook. She still took one everywhere. She never knew why herself, but she hoped to figure it out one day. Perhaps that was why she was still here. She shifted a bit, and for the first time ever, she began to draw.
 
~~~~~
A/N:
Tadaa! Chapter 2! Did you like it? Yes? No? Too many questions?
Yeah, thought so.
Yes, yes, I know it's short. I do plan for the chapters to get longer so bear with me mmkay?
Reviews please! It only takes a second!
Thankyou for reading!
 
Jess.
xx