Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Kept Inside ❯ Switched ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: -Applies to all Chapters-
CLAMP owns CCS, not ME, THEM. THEY own CCS, not I, as much as I WANT and NEED to own CCS and all of CLAMP's creations, I can't coz' they belong to THEM. Darn those lucky geniuses.
 
Chaptre 1: Switched
 
“That did not just happen…tell me that did not just happen.” asked a male with dark brown coloured hair.
 
“I think it did…” replied another male with dark blue hair and ridiculously large glasses.
 
“Dammit, I told you not to tell me!” screamed Li Syaoran flattening some quite messy hair though it did no difference. He looked like he was going to burst into tears; water was forming around the corner of his eyes.
 
Wait a minute…..Syaoran. In tears?
 
“Let me explain.” started Daidouji Tomoyo, pushing some hair back.
 
“We've all been switched.”
 
“Nanyato?!” everybody else yelled in unison.
 
*Flashback*
 
“Now Hiragizawa, is this really safe?” questioned Syaoran as he raised his sword and stood in a stance.
 
“Are you questioning my abilities, my cute little descendant?” said Eriol with a mischievous smile.
 
Syaoran simply growled.
 
Clow's reincarnation merely shrugged. “Of course it's safe.”
 
“Eriol, uh…what exactly are we doing again?” asked an auburn haired female.
 
He looked at her and smiled.
 
“I'm teaching you how to call your own guardians.”
 
“To create guardians?”
 
“`Create' seems like such an inappropriate word to use. It makes them feel, inhuman.”
 
“But I'm already satisfied with the guardians I have now, Yue and Kero.” Sakura said innocently.
 
She glanced at where they were standing and grinned sweetly
 
They then grinned back.
 
“Well, just in case they want a friend, like when Kero plays with his video games, you can call a guardian to er….accompany them. Besides, I want my own guardian, Spinel, to stop being so *ehem* energetic…” Eriol said as he raised his magnificent staff into the circle they made.
 
Syaoran raised his hand and went all beady-eyed.
 
“Then why am I here?”
 
“To help. Guardian calling requires a lot of magic and Sakura will need all the help she can get.” Eriol quickly shifted his gaze at the 14-year old Cherry blossom.
 
“No offense Sakura.” he hastily added.
 
Sakura nodded her head. “None taken.”
 
They stood in a triangle with their magical items raised into the circle carved into Hiragizawa Manor's main guest room.
 
“This looks so exiting!” Tomoyo said under her breath. She was already forgotten but that didn't matter because she would rather film without being disturbed.
 
And so the ritual began.
 
“Say the spell, Card mistress” Eriol said in a mystifying voice.
 
Sakura raised her head.
 
“I ask the stars above for guidance,
I ask the moon to see,
The desire inside, the wish to behold,
New guardians I call upon thee…”
 
She cried clearly and loudly.
 
Eriol then muttered some unknown words, but something made him stop abruptly.
 
“Oh crap….”
 
Cards flew from Sakura's pocket and glided to the middle of the circle. Sakura stared at the cards.
 
“Change, void…..? she whispered.
 
“Wait Sakura, don't! Don't say the name of the cards!” Eriol warned but it was already too late.
 
“…and time?”
 
After saying the last word, a flash of black light appeared as the star circle and the clow circle materialized and merged with each other. Then they all fell unconscious.
 
*End of Flashback*
 
“Hiragizawa, this is all your fault!!” cried Syaoran who was now in Sakura's body.
 
Eriol went all red and looked down, he and Tomoyo had been switched.
 
“It wasn't intentional. I just got….distracted.”
 
Tomoyo's face turned an even brighter shade of red, if that was even possible.
 
“Eh…my head is spinning…” Sakura, who is now in Syaoran's body, said, eyes turning into spirals.
 
Tomoyo, though in Eriol's body, remained calm as usual.
 
“Okay! Let's see here.” she said loudly so everyone can hear. She pulled out a chart from the top of one of Eriol's dusty bookshelves.
 
“Eriol, if you would assist me please.”
 
“Er…Yes ma'am.”
 
She cleared her throat and all the rest sat down. It was like a class session only in a blue and red velvet room with dusty bookshelves everywhere and old-fashioned chairs.
 
“Tomoyo, that's me, is now Eriol and vise-versa.”
 
With a snap of his fingers, a chibi picture of Tomoyo and himself appeared on the chart.
 
“My darling Sakura is now Syaoran and vise-versa.”
 
Another snap of fingers and there, on the chart, appeared the chibified pictures of Sakura and Syaoran.
 
Syaoran tilted his head and gave a big smile while Sakura crossed her arms and raised one eyebrow, looking very serious.
 
Tomoyo, or should I say Eriol, sweatdropped.
 
This is so unlike them….
 
(Readers, this is Eriol speaking. Here and furthermore, the author will be using pronouns and nouns pertaining to the gender of the body, not the person in it. For example, if she says, `Sakura walked towards me' in this particular fic, that means that it's Syaoran. Got it? Very well, I will divert my attention back to the story.)
 
“Are there any other switches we should know about, Eriol?” asked Eriol.
 
Before Tomoyo could answer, the door opened and in came Suppi and Touya.
 
“Mistress, I believe we have been switched with someone else.” Touya told Sakura.
 
Sakura pointed at the little wolf. “I think you should look at her, Yue.”
 
“Yue?!” Syaoran cried in obvious astonishment. It seemed so weird that Touya was so polite.
 
Sakura sighed heavily. “Of course. He's the only one that calls you `mistress'.”
 
Standing up, Syaoran waved his arms up in the air. “This is so COnFusing!”
 
“Tell me about it! Why the hell am I in Yue's body?!” yelled a gruff voice from where Yue and Kero were standing.
 
They all looked at Yue. It seemed so unnatural for Yue to have such….exaggerated outbursts. They looked at him as though he had two heads.
 
“O-onii-chan?” Syaoran said tentatively. Looking intently at him, he furrowed his eyebrows.
 
“Who are you calling oniichan, gaki?!”
 
“Me..I mean, I, or…whatever! I'm Sakura!”
 
“Touya, Touya, Touya. This is what you get for eavesdropping.” Eriol scolded, waving a finger at them.
 
Yue gave him a look that said: And who gave you the right to tell me off anyway?
 
“I suppose this is Tomoyo.”
 
“That's right.” Tomoyo said, pushing more hair back. “Seriously Tomoyo, how do you live with all this hair?”
 
As she finally got all the hair in a suitable place, Tomoyo monitored all of them.
 
“…and I suppose Cerberus and Spinel….” started the pale female.
 
Spinel flew up, just high enough to reach Syaoran's eyes. He stared at them for a while.
 
“Waaaah!!! I want my body back!!” he screamed thrashing about in the air.
 
“Would you be quiet; throwing tantrums won't solve anything.” Kero said, covering his ears with his paws.
 
As the two continued to bicker, the rest sweatdropped.
 
When everybody calmed down and recovered from their shock, Kero and Suppi fell asleep, drunk of candy, Tomoyo was brushing her hair, Syaoran was skipping around now with a lollipop, Sakura sat and read a book and Eriol filmed and filmed and filmed -with the occasional screams of “Kawaii!”-
 
Tomoyo then spoke. “Sakura….”
 
Syaoran glanced at her.
 
“….if we don't fix this in the time limit given, we'll stay like this.”
 
There was an awkward silence.
 
Stay? Like this? I won't be able to do all the stuff I want to. And plus, I'm in the opposite gender's body!!! Sakura, Syaoran and Eriol thought simultaneously.
 
Sakura shook her head. “So how?”
 
“The answer is simple, my adorable descendant. We have to accept each other's differences. The void card that was activated symbolized that there is something missing. Each of us have something empty, void, inside of us. I…just don't know what yet…”
 
Tomoyo looked away.
 
Eriol looked solemnly at her. “But we already have. And proof of that is the fact that we haven't killed each other yet.” he said trying to lighten up the atmosphere.
 
Tomoyo looked at all of them. “Then we've been keeping something from each other, a secret or something like that.”
 
Touya sat up from where he was sitting and was attentive all of a sudden. Giving a faint blush, Yue coughed. Syaoran shifted in his seat and Sakura turned crimson. Eriol though, stayed the same. It was as if it had no effect on her.
 
“So you mean to tell us that if we tell each other the secret we've been hiding for so long, the switches I mean, we'll be able to return to our normal bodies?”
 
Tomoyo looked at him with a mysterious smile. “Precisely.”