Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Kept Inside ❯ Awkward ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Note: I SHOULD be doing my homework and requirements but…..Nah. That can wait. This is much more important. LOL. This chapter might get a little confusing so it may need a little more understanding.
 
Chaptre 4: Awkward.
 
YAWN…..
 
Sakura woke up feeling cold. She shivered from under the covers and sneezed.
 
…I dink I fugot to close….*Sniff!* …da wimdow….
 
She stood up; eyes still close and walked straight. A few more steps forward sent her crashing into the desk. Her head collided with the wall, her chest bumped into the head of the desk, the one connected to the wall, while her stomach hit the drawers. Pencils rolled off the desk and papers flew everywhere.
 
“Aw...my head!!” Sakura exclaimed.
 
She looked to her knee and found a big bruise, her stomach hurt and she could sense that she had a bruise on her chest as well. Of course, she wasn't really willing to check.
 
“Sakura is going to kill me after what I did…”
 
..I have to remember, this is Sakura's room. Whenever I stand, I have to turn right…not go straight and definitely not crash into desks….
 
Suddenly, one of the drawers opened and out came, Kero.
 
“What happened? Where's the fire?!” Kero yelled out, half-asleep. Suppi came flying out of the drawer opposite Kero.
 
“This is a delayed reaction, twerp.” Sakura said, grinning and sweatdropping at the same time.
 
“Who're you callin' a twerp, brat?!” Kero fumed.
 
“Who you callin' a brat?!?!?” Sakura retorted.
 
Volcanoes erupting; lava was spitting out, thunder roared, and lightning flashed as each glared into the other's eyes intently.
 
Suppi stared. “This shouldn't be…. How could you be so noisy in the morning?” The guardian rubbed its eyes.
 
Sakura took a step back. “I see you've gone back to normal.”
 
Kero threw out his chest proudly. “Yeah, that means I, the great Kero, am of course, a thousand, no, a bagillion times smarter and stronger than the wimpy Li Syaoran.”
 
“Bagillion isn't a real number. I don't think it's even a word.” Sakura indicated.
 
Kero just closed his eyes and his ego grew the size of the sun. “Oh, but do I hear the sound of desperation? Is Li Syaoran jealous?”
 
Sakura gave Kero a glare that could kill. She raised her hands and positioned herself in a fighting stance. “Right here, right now.” Sakura threatened.
 
“Bring it on.” Kero replied as he readied himself for transformation.
 
Suppi looked at them in a bored fashion. He gave a little yawn and looked at the clock.
 
“I think you will be late.” Suppi said, retreating to the inside of the drawer he was sleeping in just a few moments ago.
 
Sakura relaxed a little. “You're lucky this time.”
 
Opening her closet, Sakura took out her school uniform and changed with her eyes closed, which were very hard to do considering the fact that he was a guy in a girl's body.
 
Breakfast was easy. Fujitaka was still on his dig and Touya didn't hurt him, in fear of bruising his dear little imouto's body, so they ate breakfast silently glaring at each other.
 
Sakura -or should I say Syaoran's- POV, on the way to school.
 
Stupid stuffed animal, his ego is twice the size of the empire state building!
 
I skated round the corner, into the road with all the cherry blossom trees. Yukito and Touya went ahead of me this morning so I had to skate alone. Sakura's skates were very convenient and pretty easy to maneuver in. Maybe I should get a pair for myself, a green pair, not red and yellow. (A/N: Colegio San Agustin FOREVER!!!!!)
 
Balance, though, was another story.
 
I've gotten the hang of balancing, well sort of, and stopping was another problem. I skated slowly but not as slow as a snail, yeah a snail…..
 
….There's a snail in the middle of the freakin' road!!!!
 
“Waaaah!!!” I yelled and tried to grab something for dear life. I managed to miss the snail and now I was heading for some stairs.
 
“Noo!!! I don't wanna die yet!!! I have secrets to confess!!!!”
 
My hands were waving around in the air frantically. My head was spinning and finally….
 
I tripped on the stairs.
 
I was expecting to fall flat on my face. I was expecting a nose bleed and I was also expecting pain, ALOT of pain.
 
But the pain didn't come, instead, I felt two strong arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me back up.
 
“You should be careful my oh-so-adorable little descendant, you could get hurt.” said Eriol, twirling me around to stare at his face. That smile of his was so damn annoying!!!!
 
I pushed him away and fixed my uniform. “Thanks.” I managed to mumble.
 
We walked -well, I skated- together and I thought about stuff.
 
Sakura and I….the only couple left who still hasn't changed back. Why can't I tell her? Darn it, everything's so….awkward now. I have to tell her…..I must….I….
 
“Kawaiii!!!!!!!!”
 
I covered my ears.
 
“Tomoyo, I think you just made my ears bleed!!” I told her.
 
Tomoyo gave an innocent smile. “But Sakura looks so cute whenever she's all serious, and she's been doing that a lot lately since, of course, you're inside her body.”
 
I didn't reply to any comment she was giving. As we headed towards the school, I was silent. Tomoyo and Eriol were talking to each other, gradually ignoring my presence.
 
Syaoran…!
 
Syaoran…!
 
Syaoran..!!
 
I shook my head; I was hearing Sakura's voice inside my mind!!! I blushed when I thought of her once more. I stopped in my tracks and before I knew it, I was staring off into space.
 
“Syaoran!!”
 
I immediately snapped out of my trance and found my face staring at me, inches away. My eyes widened, my heart pounded in my chest and the colour of my face deepened.
 
End of Syaoran's POV
 
“What's wrong Syaoran?” asked a concerned Syaoran. (A/N: I feel so weird writing this.)
 
Sakura took a step back, forgetting that she was wearing skates and slipped. Syaoran caught her while Eriol merely commented, “You need to practice more.”
 
Sakura shrugged off Syaoran and skated away, blushing like crazy.
 
“Hooee?” Syaoran said tilting her head to the side.
 
Tomoyo and Eriol grinned. Not the Isn't-the-day-nice grin, it's more of the if-only-you-knew,-Sakura grin.
 
Meanwhile, inside the classroom…..
 
Sakura was panting. -Syaoran's pretty fast isn't he?-
 
“Are you okay, Sakura?” Chiharu asked.
 
“I'm…okay….just thought I was….late. So I...uh… hurried…” Sakura answered while the rest of her friends sweatdropped.
 
That… was the lamest excuse EVER.
 
All of a sudden, Yamazaki showed up. “Let me tell you about time, back in the 30's people didn't know what time it was….”
 
“Shut it, Yamazaki.” Sakura said angrily.
 
Everybody stared at Sakura.
 
..What have I done now...? I'm ruining Sakura's reputation!
 
Sakura wanted to slap herself. She opened her mouth to apologize when the bell rang. Everybody returned to their seats as Eriol, Tomoyo and Syaoran entered the classroom followed by Ms. Mizuki.
 
“Ohayo Minna-san!” Ms. Mizuki greeted.
 
“Ohayo!!” everyone greeted back.
 
And so lessons started.
 
The day went by ever so sssssslllllloooooowwwwwlllllllyyyyyy and it was boring.
 
Besides the fact that the whole day, Sakura kept on running away from Syaoran, changing the topic whenever they talk about Syaoran, looking for an opportunity to stop talking to Syaoran, the day was perfectly normal.
 
-Or, for two people, awkward.
 
“I just can't figure out why he's acting so distant.” Syaoran told Tomoyo. It was lunch break and Sakura was no where to be found. They sat under the tree -Syaoran looking like he was going to burst into tears.
 
Tomoyo giggled. “He's a growing boy. It's normal.”
 
Syaoran tilted his head. “Hooeee?” Tomoyo grinned with satisfaction from ear to ear.
 
About two meters away, Rika and Naoko were there, gaping at Syaoran and Tomoyo.
 
Naoko adjusted her glasses and put her hands together. “This is a turn of events! It seems as though our class maiden has gotten together with the little wolf.”
 
“Yeah, but, it's a shame it wasn't Sakura and Li. They look simply adorable together.” Rika commented. Naoko just nodded in agreement.
 
Somewhere in the library….
 
“You can't just run away from her forever y'know.” Eriol told Sakura.
 
Her head was buried into her arms and her face looked like there was a permanent blush on it. “I try to tell her, I really do. It just seems so awkward…Everybody is like, back to normal and we're the only ones left. It's only because I can't tell her.”
 
Sakura shook her head in great frustration.
 
Eriol fixed his glasses and ran his hand through his hair. “Well, if you're going to tell her, I suggest you do it as soon as possible. This IS the last day and if you don't want to stay like that, you gotta tell her.”
 
“When you're talking to me, you sound like a normal student.” Sakura pointed out while playing with her ball pen.
 
Eriol raised an eyebrow. “What's that supposed to mean?”
 
Sakura looked at Eriol with a bored expression. “Oh nothin'.”
 
Giving a little chuckle, Eriol gazed out the window. “Sometimes, you are too deep my adorable descendant.”
 
Sakura growled. “…but you're still as annoying as ever.”
 
Patting her head and giving a smile, Eriol laughed. “I know.”
 
Sakura gave three big sneezes and a 30-second coughing fit.
 
“You okay?”
 
“Yeah, I dink I'm coming downd with sombethingk. I fugot to close the window and almbost killed bmyself bumpingk into Sakura's *BIG Sniff* desk.”
 
“Well, don't pressure yourself.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. *Sniff* Whatever.”
 
 
 
 
Yamazaki and Chiharu were sitting three tables away from them. Like Rika and Naoko, they were gawking at Eriol and Sakura.
 
“Since when did those two get together?” Chiharu asked.
 
“I don't know. I hope Syaoran won't take it so hard.” Yamazaki replied.
 
“I'm very sure he won't.” came the voice of Rika. She entered the library with Naoko.
 
Chiharu looked at them in surprise. “Why not?”
 
Rika and Naoko looked at each other. Then Naoko said, “…because he and Tomoyo have gotten together.”
 
Yamazaki stood up. “Well this is quite sudden…Let's leave them alone for a while so they can think about stuff. No interfering?”
 
The rest thought for a moment and finally came up with an answer.
 
“…No interfering.” They agreed.
 
Somewhere among the books on the shelves, two blood red eyes were staring at the group.
 
“MY Syaoran??! With Daidouji?!? This is unacceptable!!” Meiling cried out, her ink-black hair waving around in fury.
 
“Shhhhhh!!!” came the reply.
 
Meiling tensed. “Gomenasai!!” Then she walked away. I'm gonna have to have a little talk with them….
 
During going home time, Syaoran, Eriol and Tomoyo went to watch the cheerleader's practice. It was painful to watch because it looked as though Sakura wouldn't know how to twirl a baton even if her life depended on it. The jumps, twirls and summersaults were perfect though. Every time Sakura messed up, she gave Syaoran an apologetic look which Syaoran returned with a smile which only distracted Sakura and made her drop her baton on her head.
 
“At least THAT won't be much of a suspicion.” Tomoyo pointed out. Eriol nodded.
 
Syaoran stood up and shot death glares at the couple. “Hey!! I don't do that very often.”
 
“Of course Sakura, whatever you say…” Eriol said breezily.
 
“Okay, putting that aside,” Syaoran made a putting-aside movement with her hands.
(-like in that episode with the song card where Kero kept on saying, “Now, let's put that aside,” whenever Mei-ling suggested her singing.)
 
“…you still haven't told me how you two got switched back.”
 
Eriol and Tomoyo glanced at each other. “Telling our secret.”
 
Syaoran's eyes narrowed. “That was the same thing Touya told me. Now tell me just WHAT you said to each other.”
 
Tomoyo sighed and stood up. She faced Eriol and he nodded.
 
“I'm going to whisper it in your ear and you can just blurt it out in astonishment.”
 
Tomoyo grew closer, her dark hair brushing against Syaoran's skin. Her voice was so soft it was like a breeze but it was still clear enough to be understood. When he heard what she had to say, his eyes widened to the point that it looked as if they were going to fall off.
 
Eriol stared. “I'm still waiting for the blurting in astonishment.”
 
Syaoran smiled. “Nah, I think you need your privacy.”
 
“For what?” Sakura asked coming towards them. “You mean the secret? I've known for a long time now.”
 
Syaoran raised her hand. “And once again, I was oblivious.”
 
They started laughing. When they finally stopped….
 
“SSSSSSSyyyyyaaaorannn~~~~~!!!” Meiling's voice was so loud, everybody covered they're ears.
 
Good, that way, they can see what I have planned.
 
Meiling grinned evilly while she glomped Syaoran.
 
Then she did the unthinkable.
 
She gave Syaoran a big kiss on the cheek, well, two centimeters from the mouth actually because Syaoran moved his head.
 
Tomoyo gasped.
 
Eriol's jaw dropped.
 
Everybody started to whisper and Sakura stared.
 
“Waaaaah!!! Hoooeeeeee!!!” Syaoran shrieked. Yup, shrieked, and mind you, it wasn't pretty.
 
Meiling glared at Tomoyo and exclaimed, “Syaoran is mine do you hear!!?”
 
Eriol thought of a way to settle this predicament and so he stopped the flow of time.
 
Then something unthinkable happened again.
 
Syaoran started to cry. Meiling gawked at him; her jaw was practically touching the ground.
 
“You made Sakura cry!! What the friggin' hell is wrong with you Meiling?!” Sakura screamed.
 
Tomoyo patted Syaoran on the back as he started to shed more tears. Eriol looked at them helplessly.
 
Well, it was inevitable…
 
“What wrong with me?! What's wrong with YOU? THAT'S Syaoran.” Meiling cried back pointing her finger at Syaoran.
 
“No, actually, it really is Sakura. You see, what happened was….” Eriol started.
 
After the story and trying to get Syaoran to stop crying and Meiling and Sakura to calm down…..
 
“So that's what happened…..I'm really sorry Sakura…” Meiling said with an apologetic look.
 
Syaoran wiped the last of the tears away. “Nah, it's okay, it wasn't your fault.” Meiling nodded and smiled.
 
“But what did you mean when you said, “Syaoran is mine do you hear?!”?”, Sakura asked.
 
“Well, I overheard Chiharu, Naoko, Yamazaki and Rika saying that Tomoyo got together with you, Syaoran, and Sakura got together with Eriol.” Meiling said reluctantly.
 
“WWhhaaat?!?!”
 
Then time started to flow again, but that was after they had gone to hide. They took off to Eriol's house.
 
“Great, we're here again.” Sakura said. I mean like, whose idea was it to go to the place where they got switched in the first place?
 
“Well, I've got to go. I still have to charge my battery, replace my lens, get a waterproof case, edit the clips, re-edit the videos, put in the music, and create more costumes!!” Tomoyo said gleefully and then she made her exit.
 
“I should go now too.” Sakura said as she rushed out of the house.
 
“Chotto matte kudasai!!!! Syaoran, not so fast!!” Syaoran cried and ran after her.
 
“This is getting interesting…” Meiling said.
 
Eriol rolled his eyes. “As if it wasn't interesting before. Aren't you going to go after them?”
 
Meiling looked down. “No. I've accepted that Sakura's the right person for Syaoran.”
 
“Then what was that little scene a while ago?”
 
“I couldn't give him up to anyone else…..except for Sakura.”
 
“Your generosity is extraordinary, Meiling.” Eriol told her. “…and so is your possessiveness.” He managed to mumble and thankfully, Meiling didn't hear it.
 
Tsukimine Shrine,
 
Gasping and panting, Sakura made her way under the cherry blossom tree. It was so unnerving. She inhaled and exhaled heavily as she sat down and stared blankly at the entrance, you wouldn't blame her if all of a sudden, she fell asleep.
 
Gee, a lot of people are falling asleep these days.
 
Sakura's -or should I say, Syaoran's- POV.
 
My eyes slowly opened as the afternoon sun shined down my face. “Damn sun, too bright, too……sunny.” I said as I shielded my eyes with my hands.
 
“It's supposed to be sunny. That's why it's called the Sun.” said a familiar voice from beside. My eyes widened as I looked around to see who it was. And hey, what a surprise. It was him. I jumped back about, oh, I don't know, 30000 kilometers away!!, and clutched my chest in surprise.
 
“Dammit, Sakura! Don't do that! You scared the hell out of me!” I said to her as a blush creeped into my face.
 
Kuso kuso kuso…. I must not blush…I must not blush…
 
He lifted up his chocolate-brown head, -or should I say MY head-, and gave me a look that could melt the iceberg that sank the titanic.
 
Crap….I blushed.
 
“Syaoran…Why are you ignoring me?” he asked in a small and timid voice.
 
I straightened up and looked far away. “I'm not ignoring you.”
 
He crawled closer which made me blush like mad. “Not ignoring, my foot! You won't even look at me!”
 
To prove I wasn't ignoring her, -well, as we all know I most certainly was-, I stared at her only to find her, -or should I say MY-, sad amber orbs digging into the very heart of my soul. I'm sure steam was already pouring out my ears.
 
“W-we-well, coz' like, everything…I mean, like….” I managed to stutter. I glided my hand through my, -or should I say, Sakura's- hair. “Arrgh!!” I screamed out and that made Syaoran jump back and stare at me with an expression that said What-the-crap?!??!
 
“It damn well because everything is so awkward and everybody changed back already and I can't even tell you what I want to say!!” I managed to say. Wait, not say…I practically yelled it at him. I think he got mad because tears started forming around his eyes and his eyebrows furrowed.
 
“Why are you making such a big deal about that?! You ignore because everybody is back to normal?!” he screamed out at me.
 
“No, that's not what I mean!!!” I replied to him at the same volume.
 
At this point we were now standing up with both fists clenched together. When amber and emerald met, everything went warm. Warm from what you ask? I. Don't. Know. We were engaged into such a bad argument that it took so much time. Greeeeaaat, now would be a perfect opportunity to confess. I scoffed mentally. What would I say? Hey Sakura, before you yell at me again, I'd like to say I love you by the way. Pfff, No way.
 
“Then what the heck do you mean?! Is this secret of yours so hard to say that you keep running away from me?!?! You hate me or something?!?!?” his voice was at its loudest and tears were rapidly dripping down his face.
 
I lost all my embarrassment and didn't think about anything else.
 
“I certainly do not hate you, in fact, it's just the opposite!! I love you, yeah, you heard me, I love you. It's so hard to say it because I don't know if you love me back!! I've been in love with you for so long in case you haven't noticed!! Every morning when I freakin' wake up from my bed, I think of you and I space out so much, Meiling goes into my room yelling, `Hey Syaoran, what's your friggin' problem? You're gonna be late for school!'
 
So I get ready for school thinking about what clip you're gonna freakin' wear. So I go to school and open the door to that damn classroom to find you in there. I sit down on my seat and look at you for a moment and at that moment I'm like, “I'm in heaven...”
 
I savor every word you say! I adore every smile you give me and I envy every guy who gets the same smile!!! Then every night, before I go to bed, I pray to God to bless you and to keep me alive so I can see you smiling and laughing tomorrow. There!!!! You happy now?!?!?!?!?” I screamed like there was no tomorrow. My face was damn red as blood and sweat was dripping down besides the fact that there was a breeze. I was panting real hard for everything I said took up every bit of energy I stored up and every bit of breath I had.
 
Everything….I said..?
 
Oh hell, I told her…. I told her everything!! Even my obsession of what clip she was going to wear everyday!! Now she'll think I'm a freak! A loony!! Oh woe is me…..
 
I glanced up to him, afraid to meet his eyes. I only lifted my head to its fullest when I saw him smiling. Why was he smiling? Did my little “scene” amuse him?
 
Great, now she'll think I'm a freak AND a clown.
 
End of Syaoran's POV and Start of Sakura's POV
 
I smiled. That was quite a scene. It relieved me though….Now I know what he feels and now…I can finally tell him.
 
I turned on my heel and looked at the sky. It was starting to turn pinkish-orange. It was almost sunset. By twelve midnight, our time will be up and we'll stay like this…..
…..forever.
 
That wouldn't happen. Oh, I'm very sure it wouldn't….. I looked behind me and saw my own eyes looking at me intently. “Don't worry Syaoran. I'll tell you my secret, but only if you come around your house for dinner.” I said with a smile.
 
“Um…sure.”
 
I ran to the entrance and before I left, I gave him one reminder.
 
“Oh and Syaoran, wear the cherry blossom clip for tonight.”
 
Author's Notes:
 
Sorry if it took so long. I'm practically drownin' in my requirements!
 
R&R please.
 
The more reviews I get, the more I'll be able to write!!
 
Oh and if you're wondering where Syaoran's cold went…well, it's for me to know and for you to find out.
 
Sorry for the typos. I get a lot of them coz' well, I get tired and I only type during night. So don't blame me for the typos.