Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Kept Inside ❯ Back to Normal ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Note: I'm sorry for taking so long, I try to update faster. I can't promise anything.
 
Chaptre 5: Back to Normal
 
“Daidouji, Eriol, this really isn't necessary.” Sakura whined. Tomoyo came over after hearing the whole incident from Sakura by phone -technically it's Syaoran but you get the point. “I, for once, agree with my descendant, he's already too adorable especially in Sakura's body.” Eriol noted grinning. Sakura glared at him. “You shut up.”
 
Tomoyo continued to brush Sakura's auburn hair. “Now, now boys, we shouldn't fight.” Eriol and Sakura sweat dropped. “You sound like my mother…” they said in unison.
 
“But Sakura, you shouldn't have stayed out there for such a long time and in the rain too.” Tomoyo said, concern masking her voice. It started to rain after Syaoran -technically it's Sakura. Don't worry readers, this is gonna end real soon. - left and gave his reminders. But Sakura just stood there, unable to move, even when it started to rain.
 
“Mm…what was that clip again?” Tomoyo said, placing a creamy white hand on her cheek. Sakura tensed. “S-she told me to…uh... wear the uh….c-cherry blossom clip...” she stammered as she turned red with every word.
 
“Oh, I found it! Here it is!” Eriol held up a pink clip; cherry blossom shaped and gold glitter sprinkled. Tomoyo gazed wide-eyed at the clip.
 
“That clip….She told me she wouldn't wear it till….” Tomoyo took the accessory in her hands and cradled it.
 
“…Till what?” Sakura asked in suspense. Tomoyo ignored her and continued to cradle the clip, starry-eyed. “My dear Sakura is growing up!!” Syaoran bowed his head. It's like she doesn't hear me….
 
Tomoyo then focused her attention on Sakura's auburn hair and squealed. She brushed and blow-dried and braided Sakura's hair, moving around gracefully; her own hair swishing as she moved across from one side of Sakura's head to the other. Eriol simply gawked at her, his eyes following her every movement. Tomoyo noticed this and gave him a smile that made him turn faintly pink.
 
At last, she added the clip. “Perfect,” Tomoyo commented with a big smile. Sakura stood up, careful not to ruin any of Tomoyo's work. She glanced at herself in the mirror and gasped.
 
Syaoran's POV,
 
Oh my God…….I'm gorgeous…I mean, Sakura's gorgeous…. I, or rather, Sakura's body wore a long-sleeve collared blouse, green and white striped horizontally. The cuffs of the sleeves stopped half-way through her delicate hands. For the lower part of her outfit, she wore a frilled skirt that halted right on her knees. The outfit looked so perfect on her; it was fitted so it emphasized her hour glass figure though she was only fourteen.
 
Her hair had two braids, one on each side and was half-way pulled and clipped at the back. “It's like the outfit was made just for her…” I whispered to no one in particular.
 
“Of course!!” Daidouji yelled into my ear. She stepped back and put her hands dramatically together.
 
“I had to take all her measurements,” I heard her say, “…and I took so long on the design, I thought I wouldn't finish it, I did finish it though, I did, I did!!” I ignored her crazy rant. There was a ringing sound in my ear but it didn't matter because I was there, savoring every minute, every second. I memorized her, sketched a picture of her in my head. Every detail, every line was finely drawn in a canvas inside my thoughts.
 
“Careful my adorable descendant, you're drooling.” came Hiragizawa's voice. It was faded and seemed far away…. Far, far away… “Mm hm…” was all I could say. She was too damn beautiful.
 
I could probably say Daidouji got bored because when I snapped out of it, I found her shaking me, yelling, “Moshi Moshi, Li Syaoran!! Anyone home?” I blinked at her stupidly.
 
End of Syaoran's POV,
 
Eriol turned around and covered his mouth with both his hands. He feared two of his ribs would break. He's just too amusing…..
 
Elsewhere, at the Li mansion,
 
Meiling is found banging her fists on a bathroom door. “Sakura!! C'mon!! Come out already, I just want you to try out this cake I baked for dinner and wear these clothes I picked out just for Syaoran!” Syaoran shivered. He panted as he held on to the door for support. I just hope she doesn't break the door down… They ran around the whole mansion, Meiling was chasing Syaoran begging him to have a slice of her cake. “I'll come out but I won't eat the cake!!” Syaoran said through the door.
 
Meiling sighed. “Okay, okay… but will you at least wear the outfit I've prepared?” Syaoran thought for a while.
 
You couldn't get hurt if you just wore some clothes, ne?
Even if it were prepared by Meiling, ne?
You could like, just take it off, ne?
 
Why isn't anyone answering me?!?!
 
“Sure, but just the clothes.” Syaoran left the bathroom and followed a perky Meiling to Syaoran's bedroom. When they entered, Syaoran was amazed at what outfit was laid on the bed. Syaoran walked steadily towards the bed while Meiling smiled. Syaoran wore it as Meiling turned her back to give him some privacy. “I-im finished…” Syaoran said shakily. Meiling turned around. Roses immediately sprouted out from nowhere; he was brilliant, he was gorgeous, he was HOT. Meiling's bad at baking but her fashion sense is great…. He walked to the mirror and studied himself.
 
Meiling smiled at her masterpiece. I'm not as good as Daidouji but this'll do. Meiling's grin widened. Syaoran must be gawking at the mirror too.
 
Back at the Kinomoto House,
 
“I really don't understand why my sister couldn't have slept here instead of you, gaki.” Touya said, glaring as his eyes narrowed.
 
“Because my mom came over and my cousin just found out yesterday. Got a problem with that? What do you think would happen if I slept there while I'm in Sakura's body? My mom and Meiling would have murdered me already. Not to mention, Wei, with his over-protectiveness. My house would have been in chaos!!” Syaoran snapped.
 
Touya stuck his tongue out. “Well, if that did happen, you deserved it anyway.”
 
Tomoyo shook her head as Eriol sat down on the bed and crossed his legs. “If that did happen, Syaoran going home while in Sakura's body...” Tomoyo started.
 
“Then Syaoran would die, along with Sakura's body and you would have to live with seeing Sakura in Syaoran's body for the rest of your life.” Eriol finished with a smirk.
 
Touya winced at the idea. “You win this time, gaki. But remember, I'll get you someday…” He left the room, behind the door, they heard his exasperated growl.
 
Dinner,
 
Ding Dong….
 
Syaoran opened the door to find Sakura blood red, with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. “F-f-for you.” she said, shoving the roses into Syaoran's face. Sakura hurriedly pulled them away. “Ss-sorry.”
 
Syaoran smiled. “It's okay, but isn't it the guy who's supposed to bring the flowers?”
 
Sakura smiled as well. “I get your point, but isn't the guy supposed to be the one coming over?”
 
Syaoran giggled. -Yup, giggled. - He made way for Sakura to pass through and both walked to the dining room. The dinner was candle-lit and the food, delectable. They ate and chatted and laughed a little.
 
“People change over the years, don't they?” Syaoran said suddenly, not looking at Sakura. Sakura almost choked on her food.
 
“What was that, Sakura?” she asked after having a sip of water. Syaoran smiled, amused.
 
“People change. Like you, when you first came here, you were ….distant. You seemed mad at me and I didn't know why. Then gradually, we became friends….”
 
“Sakura, are you going to die?”
 
“No, Syaoran, No!! I'm not gonna die…yet, but that's after a long, long time!! Why do you think I'm going to die?”
 
Sakura sighed in relief. “Well, Sakura…your voice sounded so…like, sad. And the way you were saying all those stuff…” Sakura put a hand behind her head. “It's like we're never gonna see each other ever again or something….”
 
“Don't worry about that, I wont die. I was just making a point....Just something I needed to say before…..” Syaoran lifted his head and smiled.
 
“Before what?” Sakura asked. Why does it seem like everyone is keeping me is suspense?
 
Syaoran put his eating utensils down. “…we became good friends and when you started to ignore me, I felt…sad. Like my heart was ripped out, thrown on the ground, stampeded on by rhinos and struck by lightning.” Syaoran felt tears coming.
 
Sakura briskly stood up. “I'm sorry, Sakura, I didn't mean for that to happen! I just felt awkward coz'…well…y'know, I…love you….” What started out as a yell ended as a whisper. She blushed and sat down once again, strangely, she was breathing heavily.
 
“You don't need to apologize, I understand.” Syaoran started again. “..That's why….that's why I'm happy to tell you that…t-that... I-I I…”
 
He didn't finish. Sakura was breathing heavier now and Syaoran noticed. “S-Syaoran? Are you okay?” Sakura's head was spinning and she started coughing. Syaoran ran to her side and patted her back. She started coughing and sneezing harder, it seemed like she was going to cough her lungs out. Her eyes were aching badly and she put her hands to her head implying that she had a bad headache. After a while, she started shaking and shivering badly. Meiling entered the room. She dropped the glass she was holding and ran to call Wei. Wei entered the room, carrying a towel and picked Sakura up and laid her on the couch.
 
“I think Kinomoto-san has a fever, Syaoran-sama. You must find a way to keep her warm. I think she may have influenza.” Wei told Syaoran. -He doesn't know about the switch.- He left and Syaoran was left alone with Sakura. He gazed at her in concern. This night isn't going as planned…. Meiling left to buy some medicine so Syaoran was left alone to take care of Sakura who was shivering really badly.
 
“Syaoran, you're not gonna die are you?” Syaoran asked, taking Sakura's hand into his own. Sakura chuckled lightly.
 
“Y'know when you told me, people change? You changed a lot too…. But you're still pretty dense. Hahaha *cough* I won't die….I'm sure of that. You're here to take care of me….Arigato…” Sakura closed her eyes. Syaoran sighed. Even in pain he still tries to make me smile.
 
“Its so….cold…” Sakura said. She sat up and hugged her knees. “You shouldn't sit up like that!” Syaoran said. “Here,” He removed Sakura's arms from hugging her knees and hugged her. “You're…so….warm…..” Sakura said, burying her face into Syaoran's chest.
 
“Syaoran?” Syaoran asked but was answered by a light snore. “Syaoran, please don't go to sleep yet…. I need to tell you….. I…love you. I was so happy when you told me and I wanted to ….make this night special, for the both of us….I should have known you were sick….It's all my fault…” He burst into tears.
 
“Sakura, don't cry…..I can't bear the thought of you crying…..I love you too…. And when we wake up in the morning…we'll be….back…to…..nooorma-..”
 
And both fainted. They slept peacefully even when Meiling came back. She just tiptoed across the room grinning from ear to ear. She told Wei not to disturb them. And so he obeyed, and the two dreamt of each other in solitude, in each other's arms.
 
Author's Notes:
 
This seems so much shorter than the last chapters…..
I'm sorry if the ending sucked. I thought it was pretty sweet…..There's 1 more chapter!!
 
Please read and review. I might stop writing and lose my inspiration if I don't get enough reviews.
 
Touya: I can't believe you made the ending like that…..
Me: Well, kasi, ano kasi la na akong maisip na mas maganda pa diyan… I just wanted them to be together, please don't kill me!!!
Touya: Why would I kill you? That was cool1!! The gaki got influenza!!! Alright!!!
Me: *Sweat drop* Buti nalang… I thought I was gonna die…