Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letter ❯ Something Happens ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Letter

Disclaimer:CLAMP own's them

*eyes water and Otaku-chan starts to cry* I can not believe that 3 people's actually reviewed my story in 2 days! THANK YOU SOO SOO SOO MUCH! You really do not know how much this means to me.the reason my eyes are watery cuz I haven't slept for almost a day! I shall try my hardest to make this a story worth reading

Summary: Sakura got a mysterious love letter from someone. Could it possibly be. . .?

Previous Chapter: “It’s from me” his bangs covered his eyes and he blushed. He looked at her, and stood straight, his feet planted into the ground. A blush still on his face.

“I wrote it. . . to you”

Sakura froze. Her heart beating uncontrollably in her chest. Her eyes widened in shock.

“What?!”


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

A dramatic wind blew. Sakura stood, rooted to the ground, unable to comprehend what was just said to her. ‘Li Syaoran wrote it to me?’

“No. . .kidding?” Sakura finally got out after a moments of silence.

“Just before I moved out of town, I gave it to you” he said seriously. Sakura looked confused.

“Wait. . .right before you moved? Wa-wait a minute” she said, ruining the uncomfortable atmosphere. She put a hand to her head to try and remember something.

“Before you moved you gave it to me? How many years ago was that?” She tried to count the years in her head.

“Thirteen Years Ago?!” she blanched and the thought of the love letter shattered in her mind. Anger quickly replaced confusion as she stood on her tip-toes. She glared as hard as she could and was standing face to face with the tall amber eyed boy.

“He-hey! Just what kind of sick joke are you trying to pull over here? I found this letter in one of my notebooks today---”

“I’m not joking! You must have pulled it out an old notebook you’ve keep hidden away for years in your house or something!” he cut her off angrily. She was accusing him of something and he didn’t like to be accused.

Sakura flinched and turned blue. ‘Urg! He’s Right!’ she thought gravely.

“You mean. . .you never read it until today?” he asked, breaking the silence. Sakura looked shocked and grabbed the letter.

“But the letter is pretty complex! How in the world could a four year old read this?” she questioned back.

“But still. . .” Syaoran’s eyes were full of emotion. He looked hurt and sad. The look he gave made her blush slightly.

“Thirteen years ago. . .I waited for you. . . right here, in this very park.” He said, his voice strained and hoarse.

‘Could this possibly be true? Syaoran is in love with me?’ she thought blushing. His words sounding in her head again. ‘I’ve been in love with you. . .’


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Sakura stood in a long, beautiful, white wedding dress. Her hair was up and cherry blossoms and peonies were in her hair. The top of the gown was like a corset and it showed her bare shoulders. On her slender neck was a stunning necklace. Definitely a Daidouji Tomoyo design.

She turned around and saw Syaoran standing there in a tuxedo. He looked soo dangerously sexy standing there looking at her with intense amber eyes. He outstretched his hand for her.

“Sakura. . .I’ve been waiting for this moment for thirteen years. I’ve always been in love with you. Always” he reached his hand to her cheek and leaned in to kiss her.

“Wait Li!! Stop it Li!!” Sakura yelled waving her arms around.

“Stop what Sakura?”

Sakura opened her eyes and saw a pair of blood red eyes staring back at her.

“Mei-Meiling?!” Sakura shouted. ‘What’s going on?’

“Huh? I thought that I was in a wedding chapel.” Sakura looked around to see where she was.

“Nope. . .we’re just in your room and you fell asleep. How rude too. Falling asleep when you have company. Honestly Sakura.” she said mockingly.

‘What a dream’ Sakura thought. Pinching herself to make sure she was awake.

“Well at least I’m up now” she said to herself quietly. ‘It’s only because Syaoran gave me a letter confessing his love for me’ she thought sensibly.

“Did Syaoran confess to you by any chance?” Meiling asked nonchalantly.

“Totally! And I’m completely shaken up by it!” Sakura freaked out and waved her arms around, blushing slightly. Realization struck her suddenly.

“And. . .how do you know about it huh?!” she asked suspiciously.

“Of course I know” she said calmly. She rested her chin on her hand and leaned on the desk.

“Thirteen years ago he was deeply hurt when you didn’t show up at the park. He waited for you all day, and even when it started to rain he waited for you. He even ended up with a severe case of pneumonia and was in critical condition for three days.”

Sakura’s eyes widened in shock and fright. She blanched. ‘Sweet Mother Of God I seem like such a witch!’ she thought gravely.

“Oh Well” Meiling laughed.

“It was his fault he gave you a letter you couldn’t read in the first place. If I were you I would have thrown it away. So Stop Worrying About Him! Besides, I came all this way to ask you a question.” She said shaking Sakura by the shoulders so she would get over her current state of shock.

“About A Wedding?!” Sakura squealed, quickly forgetting about the pain she was currently feeling.

“That’s right. My teacher’s a close friend of the families, she invited us to her wedding and I asked if I could bring a friend along. She said ‘Yes’ and I wanted you to come!” Meiling said happily.

“I would love to! Oh this is going to be great!” Sakura said excitedly.

“I’m just a little worried about it. . .” Meiling said quietly.

“I’m worried about the place where the wedding reception is taking place. You’ve heard of the Natsumi wedding right?” Meiling asked, raising an eyebrow at Sakura.

“Natsumi wedding?” Sakura asked, uncertain.

“You’ve never heard of the famous painting? They say that if you kiss your partner in front of it, you’ll enjoy eternal happiness together. Isn’t that romantic Sakura?” gushed Meiling.

“But, there have been several occurrences at the wedding place. A small fire during the ceremony, the sprinklers going off for no reason, and glass shattering just to name a few.” She stated, counting off the things that happened on her fingers. Suddenly she got a severe look on her face.

“Some say the place is cursed!” she said in a low, deep voice.

“C-cursed?” Sakura asked, beginning to feel scared.

“W-with Gho-ghosts?” she involuntarily shivered.

“Don’t worry about it! I’m sure nothing will go wrong. We’ll make sure of it, right Sakura? Of course we will!” she answered her own question, then got up from the chair that she was sitting in.

“Well, I’ll best be off now. Syaoran’s probably wondering where the hell I am. I’ll see you tomorrow! Toddles.” Meiling winked and blew a kiss at Sakura and waved good-bye. She closed the door softly behind her, and Sakura was left alone in her room.

“Yes. . .I’m sure nothing will go wrong. . . everything will be fine” Sakura mumbled to herself, trying to calm down her earth shattering nerves. She looked at the clock and realized how late it was. She changed to her pajamas and sat on her bed. Grabbing a random stuffed animal she stared at it. It was a small golden bear. It had big ears and small wings attached to his back.

“Oh Kero. . .what am I going to do?” she asked Kero.

“Not think about. You’re right. Think about anything but Syao—that guy. That’s right. . . you’re a genius” She said, holding Kero up. It was silent for a moment and Sakura raised an eyebrow.

“This is what I do in my spare time. . .I not only talk to myself but to a stuffed animal as well. . .” she said in a sarcastic tone. ‘Someone should lock me up. . .’ she thought to herself. She got under the covers and held Kero close to her.

‘Dammit Syaoran’ was her last comprehendible thought before sleep took over.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

“Wow! This place is amazing!” Sakura gushed looking upon the gorgeous Victorian building. She walked inside and gasped at how magnificent the place was set up. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling and crystalline glasses stood on round, white clothed tables. Flowers were set in the center of each table and delicious food was already set and waiting to be eaten.

“Ladies and Gentleman!” a voice rang throughout the great hall.

“Here come the Newly-Weds!”

Out from behind the creamy curtains, a pair walked out. Well. . .the groom walked out, and he was carrying his new wife. They were both grinning from ear to ear. They looked truly happy.

“Wow. Shouko looks soo pretty!” Meiling said smiling.

‘How totally beautiful!’ Sakura thought. Both she and Meiling were both clasping their hands together and their eyes were full of stars.

The groom took the microphone away from the stand.

“I swear that I’ll always make Shouko happy!” he cried into the microphone. Shouko blushed and smiled at her husband.

“Meanwhile, there is food prepared on the table. Please sit down and enjoy the food!” he said before putting the microphone down and sitting with his wife.

Sakura smiled and sat down. Her mouth watered at the sight of all the food. Picking up a knife and fork, she began to eat.

‘I’m soo lucky that Meiling invited me to this reception. Everything looks soo good!’ she though happily. She leaned over the table to pick up the ketchup. Taking it in her right hand, she began to shake it. Unfortunately, she didn’t check to see if the bottle was closed and when she started to shake it, it spilled all over the person next to her. She stopped immediately and grabbed a napkin.

She pulled the person next to her by the tie so that their faces were almost touching.

“I’m Soo Sorry! Here, let me wipe it off for you!” she cried.

Then she noticed just who was sitting next to her. Their eyes locked onto one another and Sakura blushed a deep, bright, red.

“Sy-Syaoran!” she gasped. Comprehension hit Syaoran as he realized who it was.

“Sakura?”

‘That’s right. . . Shouko is a friend of the families. If Meiling knows her, it’s only logical that Syaoran knows her too! I can’t look at him now!’ she though desperately, a blush still apparent on her face.

“I’m guessing that Meiling invited you to the party?” he asked, taking his tie and wiped off the rest of the ketchup.

“Wow look at all this food! Doesn’t it look scrumptious?” She asked, trying very hard to avoid eye contact and civil conversation with Syaoran. Syaoran looked confused.

“Um. . .Sakura?”

She blushed hearing his voice. The only thing she could think of was her dream and his face. ‘I’ve been in love with you. I’ve waited for thirteen years’

Sakura got very dizzy and her face looked like a strawberry. She couldn’t think of anything to say. So she shouted out the first thing that was foremost in her mind.

“I. . .I CAN’T MARRY YOU!” she yelled. Syaoran blushed out of embarrassment as snickers and giggles were heard behind them.

“Oh that poor young man” “Oh man, talk about a bad day!” “Ouch, that must’ve hurt” “At least now I have a chance with the girl” were heard behind them.

Sakura miss-took Syaoran’s look of embarrassment for a look of sadness.

“I mean. . .I like you! But it’s just, I like you as an old friend, you know? But not as a boyfriend. . .” she quickly said.

“You Moron!” Syaoran growled, giving her a stern look, the blush still very visible on his face. Sakura’s eyes turned into small dots.

“I wrote that letter thirteen years ago when I was young! . . . It’s ancient history. . .” he said, the redness faded a little from his face, but it was still there.

“Ancient?!” she screamed.

“So. . .” he cut her off, and turned his face to look at her.

“Stay cool. . .and just try and act normal okay?” he said, and turned his head back to look away, still red in the face.

“Y-yes. I understand. It’s just a thing of the past now” Sakura said like it was no big deal, and began to eat her food again.

‘But what exactly do I mean by ‘I understand’?’ she thought.

“Syaoran! Sakura! Smile!” Meiling commanded. The two turned around and sweat-dropped. Meiling huffed.

“Why won’t you two smile?” she frowned.

“I’m taking a picture of you two in front of the famous “Happy Bride” painting” she said and pointed to a large painting behind Sakura and Syaoran.

“The Happy Bride?” Sakura asked cutely.

“Yea! You know. . .the painting that promises eternal love and happiness” Meiling answered.

Sakura turned around and found an amazing painting of a bride. ‘She’s soo beautiful!’ Sakura thought looking at the painting. It was a young woman holding a bouquet of assorted flowers. Her hair was long and wavy, a flower clip held it in place. She was surrounded by tall flowers. It hung in an extravagant frame.

Syaoran huffed behind her.

“Eternal love and happiness? That’s a load of bullshit. It’s just something the company made up to advertise” Syaoran said, obviously un-amused.

Sakura looked shocked. She turned and gave him a piercing glare before hitting him.

“You Are Soo Romantic! NOT!!” she yelled. Calming down she looked at the picture again.

“Hmm. . .so it’s a famous piece of art work done by the famous Natsumi Ando?” she said to no one in particular.

‘She looks kinda sad. . .’ Sakura thought.

“If I can have your attention please!” a voice boomed through the area.

“We are now going to show you a film about the bride and groom!”

The lights dimmed and a film projector started to work. Sakura and Syaoran turned their chairs around so they could see better. A man held the microphone and began to narrate the story.

“This is Shouko, the bride when she was only four years old. She was a beautiful child and nice to everybody.”

The screen showed Shouko when she was a child holding a flower. Meiling clasped her hand to her cheek.

“How Cute!” she squealed.

“They first met in kinder-garden. They quickly became best friends and the groom proposed to the bride when they were still in kinder-garden”

The screen flashed and it showed the groom. His face was flushed a deep red.

“I’ve Been In Love With You! The One So Cheerful And Honest!” he declared to her.

Sakura and Syaoran’s eyes widened in recognition. The air around them became extremely tense.

‘Hmm. . .Now doesn’t that sound. . .’ Sakura started thinking.

‘Eerily familiar?’ Syaoran finished Sakura’s thought.

“Years have passed since that day. . .” the announcer continued.

Syaoran and Sakura’s heart beat started to quickened.

“But his feelings toward her. . .”

Sakura started to blush a deep red. Her heart rate was off the scale.

“Have never changed.”

Syaoran’s heart beat uncontrollably in his chest. The blood rushed to his face; he looked like a human cherry.

Sakura tightened her grip on the dress she was wearing.

‘This film is about Shouko and her husband’ she kept repeating to herself.

‘Not about us’

Syaoran turned to take a quick look at her. Their eyes made contact and they blushed together again.

“And today, the bride and groom kiss to pledge their eternal love and life together” the announcer finished the film.

Sakura’s thoughts headed back to the dream she had yesterday. To the kiss that they almost had.

“HOEE!!” Sakura screeched. Her face was blood red and when she screamed, she grabbed the table cloth off of the table and pulled it towards her. All of the dished and glass fell from the sudden shift.

Everybody turned to stare in shock at the person who interrupted the silence.

Sakura blushed harder and waved her arms wildly about.

“I-I’m sorry for raising my voice!” she quickly apologized. Syaoran looked at her quizzically.

“Sakura. . . are you okay?” he asked, concern obvious in his voice.

Sakura quickly looked at him, then to the side. Regaining her composer she stood up.

“Yea! I’m calm. I’m cool. I’m collected” she said, offhandedly, wiping some non-existent dirt off of her dress.

Syaoran didn’t buy that story for one second, but he didn’t press the subject any further. He watched her get up.

“Hey! Where are you going?” he asked suspiciously.

She looked at him, and flushed slightly.

“I’m going to the wash-room. Why? Would you like to accompany me there?” she asked slyly. On the outside, she seemed calm. But on the inside, she was slapping herself for even saying that.

Syaoran felt his face get hotter by the second. He shook his head quickly and stuttered something incomprehensible.

“All right then.” She said, and turned to walk away. She could feel Syaoran’s eyes piercing through her back and that made her nervous. So nervous. . .she stumbled on her way. She looked to see if anyone saw, and quickly rushed out of the room.

Syaoran smiled softly at her. He sat back down at the table and put his face in his hands, sighing.

‘Why do you still have that effect on me Kinomoto Sakura?’ he asked himself


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Sakura leaned against the cool wall. The cold was contrasting greatly against the heat in her body.

‘Why is my heart beating soo fast? Why do I keep thinking about that dream? Why am I blushing soo much when ever I see Syaoran? It’s because of his stupid letter. He can’t be serious . . . can he? My heart is out of control.’

She thought for a second or two longer before she smiled lightly.

‘Duh. I may be dense . . . but I know what my heart is telling me. I’m in love with Syaoran.’

Suddenly her happy feeling was gone.

‘Urg! I bet he hates me now though! I was soo stupid! Besides. . . he said it himself. . . it was a long time ago. . .it means nothing to him now.’ she thought sadly, tears formed in her eyes, but she blinked them away.

“He doesn’t want someone like me anyway. . .a ditz that always holds him back. . .and talks to herself. Get it Together Kinomoto!” she told herself sternly.

She straitened herself up and walked to the wash-room. She stopped half-way and gasped.

“P-please h-help m-me!” cried a woman.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

A shrill, earth shattering scream tore through the hall.

Syaoran stood up scared, immediately realizing that it was Sakura’s voice. He bolted out the door as fast as legs could run, not caring if people were staring at him.

One last thought was reeling through his mind.

‘Sakura!’

To Be Continued. . .


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

AN:I’m getting used to writing them now. Hehehe. Please review on yet another chapter of pure crap! ^__^ zzzzzzzz....