Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letter ❯ Syaoran's Past ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Letter

Disclaimer: Card Captor Sakura belongs to Clamp.

A.N: Erm. . .I suppose you could say this is an O-make type thingy. *sweat- drop* This isn’t really in Syaoran’s point of view. . .but all of the thoughts are Syaoran’s. REMEMBER THAT! ALL THE THOUGHTS ARE SYAORAN’S!!! heheh *sweat-drop again*

OH MY GOSH! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT I GOT SOO MANY REVIEWS!!! EEK! Well. . .to me. . .this is a whole lotta reviews and I want to thank you! Yummy! *huggle* ok. . .and I never did this so...wooo reviewers WEEE!


Summary: Sakura got a mysterious love letter from someone. Could it possibly be. . .?

-------------------------------

(Thirteen Years Earlier)

Four year old Syaoran sat his desk. He looked bored as he read an advanced book, much harder than what most four year olds read. His hair was still that wonderful chocolate color, and as always, still out of place and sticking out at odd angles.

‘Thirteen years ago, I thought that I was smarter than anyone else. I could solve simultaneous equations. I could write the kanji characters for grass- hopper. And I knew the eighty-eight constellations in the sky!’

‘I thought I knew everything. . .’

“Syaoran! Let’s play Hercules!” a little boy said excitedly. He was wearing a cape and a head band with a giant circle on it.

“You get to be the Monster!” another boy said dominatingly. He too was wearing the cape and head band.

Syaoran turned from the book to give a bored look at the two young boys.

“I’m not in the mood for child’s games. No thanks” he said in an annoyed voice.

He turned around and the two boys looked shocked. They looked at each other and one of the boys started to cry uncontrollably.

Syaoran glared.

‘Kinder-garden is soo boring. . .’ he thought un-amused.

“Syaoran! It’s nap time!” the teacher said happily.

Syaoran gave her an innocent look.

“But. . .I’m not sleepy” he said cutely.

“Everyone else is sleeping quietly. Could you do me a favor and do what you are told?” the teacher said panicking. Never has she had a kinder student that refuse to take a nap.

Syaoran laid his head on top of his crossed arms on the table.

‘Oh boy. I was wrong. It’s Beyond boring. . .’

---

“Hey! It’s You Isn’t It?!” an angry voice yelled.

Syaoran turned his head only to see the angry eyes of the boy who asked him to play earlier in the day.

“What?” Syaoran asked, completely confused.

“You Stole Mamouru’s Money Didn’t You?!” he yelled, and pointed a scared little boy behind him. Clearly, that was Mamouru.

“What are you talking about?” Syaoran was not amused. He hated to be accused of something, especially when he didn’t even know what was going on!

The little boy angrily slammed his tiny hand on the desk table in front of Syaoran.

“Someone stole Mamouru’s money from his desk during nap time. You’re the only one who wasn’t sleeping!” he yelled.

Syaoran closed his eyes and sighed.

“Nope. You’re questioning the wrong person. I didn’t take it. . .so get outta my face” Syaoran said, as patiently as he could.

The boy grew angry that Syaoran wasn’t at all intimidated by him. He swiftly grabbed the collar of Syaoran’s shit and screamed in his face. Loud and strong.

“GIVE IT BACK TO HIM NOW!!”

Suddenly, a pile of trash was being poured over his head. The boys eyes widened in shock and disgust.

Syaoran looked past the boy to see who was bold enough to pour trash on someone.

Four year old Sakura stood there, looking very cross. Her eyes narrowed at the boy who yelled at Syaoran.

“S-Sakura?!” the boy stuttered.

“Syao already said that he didn’t do it! Can’t You Trust Your Friend?!” she angrily screamed. Her little hand was planted firmly at her hip and the other arm was around the tiny trash can.

“Then who took it?!” the boy yelled bravely, and took a step towards Sakura.

“Someone else!” she yelled back, taking a step towards him. Soon enough, there faces were close together.

The boy turned his head and smirked.

“As in who?” he asked.

Sakura was silent for a moment as she thought.

“Mmm. . .I’ll find out! Sakura will find the thief!” she said proudly.

“If you don’t, then. . .then you have to shave your head!” the boy challenged.

“What if I do find the thief? Then you’ll have to be Syuru-Baa the evil witch!” she challenged back.

The boy got a grave look on his face, as he turned green at the thought of being a witch.

Sakura turned to see Syaoran staring intently at her.

She smiled and showed him a peace sign.

“Don’t worry! Leave it to me!” she announced happily.

Syaoran blushed faintly and quickly turned his head to glare at the table.

‘She should mind her own business. . .’

---

‘Sakura Kinomoto. . .she sure is weird. . .’

It was now dark outside and Syaoran was in his room doing some work.

He heard a faint knock on the door and one of his sisters, Fuutie, came in holding the phone, a four year old Meiling hiding behind her.

“Syaoran? Did you play with Sakura Kinomoto in your class today?” she asked.

Syaoran looked up to look at his sister.

“No, not really. Why?” he wondered.

“They say that she isn’t home yet. She never got back” Meiling answered. She was sitting on top of Syaoran’s desk and flicked her hair over her shoulder.

“Everyone is worried about her” she continued, crossing her legs.

Syaoran’s eyes widened a bit with worry but that quickly went away. He looked at the clock on his wall.

‘Bed-time’ he thought, as he looked at the clock. It was eight and it was very dark outside.

‘She’s still not home?! Sakura!’ he thought, a bit panicked.

He shook his head and got back to work.

“Mmm. . .”

His pencil shook in his hand, as all he could think about was the girl.

‘I have nothing to do with what’s happened. It’s none of my business’ he thought sensibly.

He could feel his conscience eating away at his soul.

“Mmmm. . .”

‘But. . .perhaps she’s at. . .’

---

Syaoran quietly opened the screen door of his classroom and peeked inside.

‘She’s not here’ he thought sadly.

He unexpectedly heard a tapping noise coming from the closet, in the corner of the room.

He looked, a little bit scared towards the door just as the door swiftly swung open. His eyes widened in fright.

“THERE!!” a young female voice shouted.

A bright light shone throughout the room and somebody came rushing out.

Sakura stood, balanced on one foot. Her other one was in there air, inches away from Syaoran’s face which was covered by his arms protectively. Syaoran was leaning back to the point of falling over. He had barely avoided the girls kick to the head.

“Huh? Oh! Hello Syao!” Sakura said, sweat-dropping, her leg still mere inches from Syaoran’s face.

Syaoran, still in shock, couldn’t say anything. He just stood there staring wide eyed at the cheerful girl.

Finally regaining their composer, Syaoran and Sakura stood by each other.

“So. . .what are you doing here?” Syaoran said, breaking the uncomfortable silence between them.

“I think. . .the thief will come to take the money again” she said as if it was common sense. She pointed to a coin that was on the table.

Syaoran looked shocked.

“You mean to tell me that you’ve been here all by yourself? Just to catch the thief? But. . .it’s hours after everybody went home!” he said, on the verge of screaming.

“Yup” Sakura said calmly.

“Unbelievable” Syaoran sweat-dropped.

The air turned calm again as neither of them spoke. The both sat on the floor together, Sakura sitting Indian-style and Syaoran with his knees drawn close to his body.

Syaoran’s eyes turned very serious as he was deep in thought.

“How come? Why would you do something like this for someone you don’t even know that well? A tannin?” he asked, his face held a somber look.

Sakura looked confused.

“Tannin? Wh-what’s that?” she asked innocently. She tilted her head to the side cutely.

Syaoran sighed and closed his eyes in slight annoyance.

“Tannin are people who are not blood related and or who do not have any special relation-ship with you” he said expertly.

Sakura’s eyes swirled with confusion.

“Wow. You’ve got the dictionary definition” she said, impressed.

She looked slightly embarrassed.

“Umm. . .well. . .I’m still not sure what that means. . .but you didn’t steal it did you? That’s why we’ve gotta find out who really did it!” she said determinately.

She looked at Syaoran and smiled that smile that made the coldest of hearts melt.

“I trust you. . .ya know!”

Syaoran looked at her, slightly touched by her words. He found himself blushing and his face felt like it was on fire.

He quickly looked down as his tiny fingers intertwined together. His bangs fell over his eyes so that she, hopefully, didn’t see the pink forming over his face.

“. . .All right, I guess” he said softly.

He slowly started to get up.

“But I don’t think that the thief will come back here this late at night. We’d better go home for now. . .” his voice was cut off by a scratching noise by the window.

By instinct, he took Sakura and pulled her down with him underneath the desks.

“Look Syao! Here he comes!” Sakura whispered softly to Syaoran.

“No kiddin’?” Syaoran whispered back, slightly shocked that they found the thief.

Sakura got a wicked grin on her chubby little face and wiped out a stick.

“All right now. . .” Sakura stood up from behind the desk and jumped on it.

“There, You Thief!!” She shouted and jumped from the desk up in the air; the stick in her hand was raised above her head.

Syaoran’s eyes widened in fright.

‘What Is She Doing?!’ his mind screamed for fear of the four year old girl.

“CAWW!!”

Sakura’s eyes turned into tiny dots as she missed her target by another inch. She was rooted in a crouching position as she stared into the beady black eyes of a crow.

“A-a Crow?!” she stuttered, completely stunned.

Syaoran rushed from underneath the table and to Sakura’s side in an instant.

“That’s right!” he remembered.

“Crows automatically collect shiny objects” he told Sakura.

They looked back to the spot where the crow was, only to find that it was gone.

The looked simultaneously to the open window and sure enough, the crow was flying out the window.

“Ah” Sakura whimpered.

She walked to the open window and stepped on the thin banner hanging over the side of the building. Slowly, she began her way across.

“Wait Thief!” she shouted and leaned her hands against the window to keep her balance so that she wouldn’t fall.

“Don’t You Dare!” Syaoran protested. As much as he didn’t want to admit it, he was worried about the little auburn haired girl.

“But we need to prove your innocence!” she replied stubbornly and continued her way.

Finally, she reached the crows nest. Standing on her tip-toes she looked in to see in the nest.

“Oh! Syao look!” she called.

Syaoran quickly got on the rail and easily walked to Sakura and looked inside the nest along with her.

“W-woah” he said amazed.

Any shiny object that you could imagine was inside of this nest. It had everything from dolls, to buttons. Spoons and silverware to funny glasses with a nose attached to it. Everything from jewelry and watches, to bottle caps and coins.

“Lots of stuff in here. . .” he said, dumbfounded.

“And here’s Mamouru’s coin!” Sakura said triumphantly taking the coin from the nest and showing it to Syaoran.

She leaned off the side of the building, her fingers tightly holding the edge of the roof where the nest was, and smiled ever so sweetly at Syaoran.

“See! I Knew you didn’t do it!” she smiled.

Syaoran looked at her surprised.

“Oh!” Sakura said, and then took something out from the nest.

She took out and put on the funny glasses with random things hanging from the sides and a big nose attached to it.

“He’s got something like this too!” Sakura said in a funny voice and made strange hand movements with her hands.

Syaoran sweat-dropped, but hold in the laugh that was pressing to be released, the laugh that has been suppressed for a long time.

“I wonder where he got that!” he laughed.

“Oh! Look!” Sakura said as she and Syaoran looked up into the star-filled sky.

A shooting star was flying in the air, cutting through the dark like a knife cutting through butter, right above their heads.

“Wow. . .it’s soo pretty!” Sakura breathed.

“I didn’t know that the clear night sky could be soo beautiful” Syaoran admitted.

“It looks even more so in the winter! Oh look! There’s the Scorpius!” Sakura said, and pointed to a constellation in the sky.

Syaoran followed her finger and stared into the stars, mesmerized by the beauty.

“Okay! Time to get Mamouru’s coin back” Sakura said, knocking Syaoran out of the serenity he was currently in.

“But. . .don’t you want to get your coin back too?” he asked.

“Nope!” Sakura said happily.

“My mom told me. . .that when you learn something new. . .the moment is like a treasure” she said in a voice full of emotion and kindness.

Syaoran stared at her.

‘I thought I knew everything. . .but I didn’t’

“This is just a present for the crow” Sakura continued.

“Because of him. . .I got to see Syao smile” she said cheerfully.

Syaoran felt his face get hot and he blushed a deep red.

‘There are soo many things I don’t know. . .soo many things I don’t understand. . .’

They stood together for a few minutes more, Sakura showing him more star constellations and Syaoran blushing beet red.

Syaoran walked her home to make sure she was safe. Even though it wasn’t safe for two four year olds to walk by themselves, but he didn’t want to take any chances that something would happen to Sakura.

“Sakura! I was soo worried!” her dad cried and Sakura smiled sheepishly.

Syaoran called his home and after getting scolded from each one of his sisters, mother, and Meiling, he was finally able to go home.

---

“Syao!! Let’s play Hercules!” Sakura shouted happily the next day at kinder- garden. She was wearing the same head band with circle on it, along with the little boy that had accused Syaoran of stealing the other day.

“Wait, Sakura, Syaoran won’t play. . .“the little boy started.

Syaoran gave them a bored look and then sighed when he saw Sakura.

“Sure. . .as long as I don’t have to be the evil witch okay?” he said.

Sakura smiled fondly at Syaoran and the little boy stood with his mouth open and his eyes wide.

“Syura-Baa the evil master is here!!” the boy growled. This was his punishment for accusing Syaoran for stealing. And because Sakura proved that Syaoran didn’t steal, he had to be the evil witch in their game.

“Syao, come here” Sakura said, grabbing his hand, making him run to catch up to her.

“H-hey” Syaoran stuttered and ran behind Sakura.

‘There are soo many thing I don’t know yet. . .’

Syaoran blushed hard feeling the warmth of Sakura’s little hand clasped around his own.

‘Including this new feeling I’ve never felt before’

‘You taught me soo much. . .’

A letter lay alone on Syaoran’s desk. On the front of the letter, were the words. . .

“Dear Sakura Kinomoto”

x´¨)

¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨).

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´

.·´ ¸.·*`·»- «¤º-|[O-Wa-Ri]|-º¤»

(¸.·´

---

A.N: EEKKSS!!! IT’S DONE!! IT’S ACUALLY OVER!!! I ACUALLY FINISHED THE STORY!!!! YAY!!!!! IT’S OVER!!!!!! Awww. . .It’s Over! *cries* THANK YOU EVERYBODY THAT REVIEWED!!

“Reviewer's”

Thank You!!!!!!!!!! *Bows and runs away

and plz wait for another fanfic that's called "A crazy thing called love" sakura and syaoran are roommates...and emails....