Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ New York New York ❯ End of The Year Trip! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
New York New York - Chapter 1

By: Rachel*
E-mail: DuckQueen2150@aol.com
Rated: PG-13 (Violence, Language, and MILD content towards the end)
Gender: Romance/Drama/Comedy
URL: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/animegirl9974/ANeverEndingRomanceindex.html?mt brand=AOL_US


~*~ All disclaimers apply except for the story idea, and the made up characters, Rie, Kas/Kasedy, the nick name Z, Eathen, and Bryan (Maybe more to come I don't know).

~*~ I can't edit for anything, so if any of ya are good at it and would like to help me out PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND SAY SO!! I'll give you an award you can add to your site if you have one or not! :: sighs..:: Look I had to resort to bribery! lol, anyway This story is going to be LONG, and there most likely WELL be a seaquil and a prequil! HAHAHAHA! The prequil is to understand what happened to Kas and why Bryan and Li HATE eachother ~*~

~*~ Don't sue I'm 14 and only got 5 bucks with me right this second! Also I'm sorry for any offensive talk in this chapter I couldn't figure out what else to write.. ~*~




Chapter 1
The End of the Year Trip


"TORI!" Sakura rased down the street after her brother her amber colored hair blowing violently in the wind.

"Slow down Sakura!"

"I can't! I have to catch up to Tori dad! Love ya!" With a wave of her hand she turned away from her father and concentrated back on the rode

"Have a... good day at school Sakura." Mr. Avalon shook his head and walked back inside to finish getting ready for work. 'Teenagers..'


**


Sakura rased quickly down the street but with no sign of Tori, she hurried with a permission slip for her brother to be a chaperone to the trip to New York in her right hand unsigned.. 'I have to get Tori to sign this or I wont be able to go! Dad wont let me!' Sakura was now 15 and her school was going on and end of the school year trip, not to just New York, BUT America, and All of her friends we're going, she had to go, but her dad wouldn't allow it unless Tori went with her.

Sakura reached the top of a hill and then saw the faint glimpse of her brother and his girlfriend, Rie in his brand new convertible stopped at a red light heading for the collage the two both went to. "TORI!" Sakura yelled racing faster then ever down the hill the light was still red and she thanked God that Tori had heard the echoed voice of someone calling his name.


**


Tori turned down the radio and looked behind him to see a girl roller balding down the hill, faster then a bat out of hell.

"ACK!"

"What is it sweet heart?" Tori's eyes went wide, and his mouth parted slightly.

"It's my little sister! Oh God... I forgot to sign the form!" Tori made a fast U-turn and drove quickly up the street to catch up to his sister before she ran right through the intersection.

"Yo twerp what do you think your doing, trying to get yourself killed?!"

Sakura shot Tori an evil glare in return to the comment, before handing him a crumpled form for him to sign.

"Hey Sakura!" Rei gleamed cheerfully at Sakura. Tori and her had been dating for about two years now and Tori finally had enough money saved that he bought her an engagement ring, that he told Sakura to hide in her room for him. Rie was very pretty, she had angled long thin strawberry blond hair and bright green eyes to match, she and Sakura had formed a friendship or the past two years, and she didn't mind Tori asking her to marry him, except sometimes she could be a little too happy at the wrong times.. But that was Rie you either take her or leave her.

"H... Hey... Rie..." Sakura managed to breath out before hopping into the back of Tori's car quickly and taking off her roller blades replacing them with a pair of shoes.

"Aw' No.. No way Twerp! You have your own form of transportation! Go to school by yourself, I'm not making and extra trip for you! Now OUT!" Tori shouted as he placed a pen back in his glove compartment and handed Sakura the form with his signature placed neatly on a line to Sakura.

"Oh come on honey, it's okay Sakura just had to chace after us, and she's tired out, it's your fault anyway that you didn't sign it to begin with! The least you could do is drop her off at school!" And then sometime Rie's happiness came a the perfect times. Sakura sat back happily as Tori gave Sakura one last glare before cranking the radio loudly to American Hi-fi's Flavor of the Week.


**
10 min. later...
**


"Thanks for the ride Tori, bye Rie!" Sakura yelled waving her hand and going wide eyed at her brother who gave her a choice finger as he sped around the corner not letting Rie see his actions.

"Ah.. he doesn't mean it.. but then again.. Oh whatever." Sakura looked at her watch and smile happily as she noted that she still had 13 minuets to get to homeroom before she'd be in trouble.

"Talking to yourself again Avalon?" Suddenly Sakura's happy mood crumbled to dust and blue away with the hot summer breeze.

"Do you always have be such an annoying pain in th-"

"Good morning ladies.." Sakura closed her mouth and bowed respectfully to her teacher before turning back to Myelin, hatred written across her features.

"Well... No not all the time just when your around." With that Myelin smiled and skipped off happily when she saw Li in pull into the school parking lot.

"Good morning Li!" Sakura heard Myelin say in such a cheerful voice she could have killed herself.


**


'Why does she have to cling to me ALL the time, doesn't she understand I DON'T like her?! Why'd she have to come back here after Sakura and I had captured all the Clow Cards?!' Li managed a forced smile as he gathered his belongings. "Hey Myelin..."

"Awww.... What's wrong pumpkin, don't you feel good?!" Concern was plastered on Myelin's face as she linked her right arm with Li's left.

"No... I'm fine Myelin..." 'Just peachy....' He turned his head and rolled his eyes praying that she wouldn't be bugging him all day to sit next to him on the air plane when they left for New York on Sunday.


**


"Myelin sure seems cheerful today..." Sakura stared out towards Li watching his every move not even noticing she was doing so. "Hello, Sakura... Earth to Sakura, are you there?!" Sakura blinked as an arm waved back and forth in front of her face, and returned back to reality.

"Uh... Oh hey Madison... Sorry about that, musta' phased out.."

"Uh huh... Sure you did Sakura, that's why you were just staring at Li just now, watching his every move.." Madison smiled mischievously at her best friend holding her hands and bringing them to her chest. "Yes, I know he's just soo hard to resist and all, but do you mind TRYING not to phase out in public, people were beginning to stair Sakura."

"Uh.. Heh heh.. Heh heh.... uh.. what do you mean I wasn't staring! You know I can't stand the guy, I mean sure he might be cute and really nice sometimes but all in all he's a total creep!"

Sakura and Li had captured all the Clow Cards and she had clamed the right to keep them, they were hers.. Kero and Yue had decided to stay around for a little bit to make sure Sakura knew what she was doing, and protect her and Li if anything BAD happened.. But a little bit turned into a little bit longer, and a little bit longer turned into a while, and a while turned into, 'Okay I think we're gonna' be here a lot longer then expected.. But Sakura didn't mind, sure sometimes Kero got REALLY on her nerves invading her privacy and stuff, but she didn't care She was happy Kero and Yue were going to stay for good.

"Ack! We're going to be late for class, come on we can make it if we run!" Madison garbed Sakura's wrist and, together they fled as fast as their feet could cary them to Homeroom. Sakura's High School was no longer a uniform type of school unless they we're going or doing something important, like on Sunday, when they'd get on a plain at 3:13 AM and head for America, but other wise they could now ware what they wanted.

Sakura still wore her hair the same way, she was used to it that way.. Afraid it would look weird if she grew it out, or got it cut real short, but she didn't mind warring different cloths instead of the same old uniform that she would have to wash every-other day just because she only had two of the same one.. She wore a maroon spaghetti strapped, V-neck top and a pair of tight, short dark blue jean shorts with dark brown sandals.

"Hang on a sec Madison I can't run... That.. Fast... in sandals!" Sakura struggled as Madison ran pulling her along to there lockers, and then strait to homeroom.


**


"Just in time you two..."

"Sorry Mr. Teroda... Wont happen again..." Sakura and Madison walked quickly over to there seats avoiding all the looks they received from the rest of there homeroom.

"Next time I wont let you go so quickly.... Anyway there are three main things I want to talk to you about.. First off as most of you should know our trip is in two days folks! This brings me to my second point, today was the dead line for money, and permission slips." Mr. Teroda looked around the class room his brown hair shining slightly from a few sun beams making there way through the partly closed blinds. "Li, Sakura, if you two wouldn't mind, please go around and collect the rest of the permission slips for me."

"Yes, Mr. Teroda." Sakura and Li both stood up and glanced at eachother quickly before heading for opposite sides of the fairly large 24 by 30 foot class room.

"Oh.. And our final announcement. We have a new student today, his father's job has caused him to more all the way from England here in Japan, so I want you all to welcome Eathen Mecgreger." Eathen walked into the classroom and all the girls could have died. He had Sandy colored hair with greenish blue eyes that made him stand out, he was very well built, with strung shoulders and a broad chest. He smiled slightly, and waved towards the 26 pairs of eyes staring strait at him.

"Eathen, would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself?"

"Uh... Um sure.." Eathen took a few more steps inside the classroom so he could get adjusted some to the new surroundings. "Well, I moved recently from London, England, but I only have been living there for about four years, so I don't have an accent, I was born in Washington, DC, uh... I'm 16 like most 10th graders here, um.. My favorite color's blue, I live with my Mom Sara, my dad Jack, my 6 year old brother named John, two dogs, and a two year old cat named Mr. Tinkles that my brother seems to rightfully own now.. I like all kinds of sports, namely soccer-" Li paused mid stride for a second and looked Eathen strait in the eyes with a quick glare before he finished collecting him papers and walking over to Mr. Teroda. "So I guess I'm a normal teenager.. I like hanging around with my friends and stuff.. And... I think that covers most of it." Eathen turned back to Mr. Teroda and smiled warmly towards him.

"Well Mr. Mecgreger, I think you'll fit in just fine at this school, you can sit next to Li-"

"Here Mr. Teroda." Li said, leaning over Mr. Teroda's desk passing over the slips of paper and money.

"Thanks Li.. You can fallow Li, and he'll show you where you sit." Mr. Teroda took the papers from Li's hand and Sakura who came up behind Li bumping into him slightly, but not on perpous.

"Uh.. Sorry Li-" Sakura blushed slightly but hid it quickly making sure not to let it be seen by Li, or anyone else in the room.

"It's all right Sakura I'm fine..."

"Oh, and Eathen.. Did you receive the permission slip for the New York trip?" Eathen turned around just before taking his seat and looked in at Mr. Teroda

"Uh.. Oh that yeah sure hang on a sec I'll go to my locker and get it for you." Eathen jogged out of the room and ran out of sight down the long way to his locker..

"You all have the rest of homeroom to talk or finish up any homework you have with you, but please keep it to a moderate tone..."


**


"Oh my God!" Nikkie breathed over to Sakura as she took her seat once more. "He has got to be the cutest guy in like the whole grade, and he sits diagonally from you Sakura! Is that so cool or what?!" Nikkie's eyes sparked with excitement and all Sakura could do was smile.


**


"Oh.. This is just great! Another CUTE guy for the girls to drool over, making our popularity standards drop another 10 points..." All the guys frowned and looked over to the empty seat that now belonged to Eathen Mecgreger.

"We're done for..." Li glared at the guys with there negative talk.

"Yeah, but what do we REALLY know about this guy, for all we know is he could be a fruit cake, I mean look at the guy he's perfect, and MOST perfect guys.. No affiance are fruit cakes.." All the guys smiled evilly and looked over at Eathen as he came into room 12 again a smile speared onto his perfect face with his perfect pearly white teeth and perfect hair that was gelled back, like a few of the guys in the group did.

Eathen looked around the room and noticed all the girls looking at him, he smiled weakly and waved over to the crowd of giggling idiots before he lade his eyes on Sakura. His heart skipped a beat and his eyes seemed to only focus on her.


**


"Uh.. To bad Syaoran looks like Eathen's got his eyes on your girlfriend!"

"Shut up Bryan! She's NOT my girlfriend, and never well be! So just lay off okay?!" Li shouted and the room became a little bit quieter. Li's teeth we're clenched and he grabbed Bryan by the collar of his shirt fist clenched ready to strike with at any moment. His eyes we're filled with hate a hate that had formed in the 8th grade a long time ago, but never went away, no it only laid dormant in Li's mind and if Bryan got him mad enough it woke up in a furious rage.

"Yo, Li back off man what's your problem, I know you want her bad but come on don't over react!"

"SHUT UP! Don't talk about Sakura that way Camble!" Li shoved Bryan away with a lot of force, but he still didn't fall down. Mean while Mr. Teroda had decided to take a walk to the get some more coffee...

"SO then I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to ask her out now would it?"

"Don't even talk to me Bryan, unless you'd prefer to have you face left permanently screwed up?!"

"Li, honey calm down, Mr. Teroda will be back any moment, just forget about him Li." Li listened to Myelin and resisted the temptation to literally kill Bryan, his eyes were dark, and his fists were still clenched.


**


"Hey Sakura, Rita, and I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the movies tonight?" Madison walked over to sit in the desk in font of Sakura, looking at her, with her own head resting on the back of the blue plastic chair.

Eathen walked over and smiled and waved as he took his seat a little feather behind Sakura.

"Oh hi, I'm Madison Taylor, and This is my best friend Sakura." Madison smiled cheerfully towards Eathen, but he just nodded his head, not glancing at her nothing his eyes stayed glued to Sakura. "Uh... You know what, Z is going to the movies tonight also with Chelsea and stuff, Eathen why don't you come with us?! I'm sure you'll get along with Z no problem... But don't pay attention to his stories.. He ALWAYS lies."

"Z?" Eathen forced himself to look over to Madison for the time being, so he wouldn't be too rude to the her.

"Oh, well his real names Zachary, but in 8th grade people started calling him Z, and the name just stuck, people only call him Zachary if they can't get his attention, or their really mad at him."

"Oh.. Sure I'd love to go to the movies, who all is going?"

"Well, there's me, Sakura here" Madison pointed quickly to Sakura not bothering to look at her right that second... "Chelsea, Nikkie, Rita, Z.. Myelin, oh and Li well be there too." Madison smiled once again to the cute new kid.

"Li's the guy who was really mad a second ago right, the one who showed me where I sit?"

"Yep that's Syaoran. WE don't even really pay attention to the fights between him and Bryan anymore... Not unless we have to stop it on account of blood shed, but that doesn't happen much... Well, anymore.. No one really talks about it much... know-one really truly knows what happened between them, they were best friends until a few night after Kat's deat-"

"Shh! Don't talk about that Madison, you know we aren't supposed to! Pulse if Li heard you..."

"What were you guys talking about?"

"Oh.. Um.. Hey Li.." Sakura looked down at the ground trying to think of a backup for something to say.

"I heard you say my name.. What were you talking about?"

"Nothing just saying that the thing between you and Bryan just then happens.. Every now and then..." Sakura bit her bottom lip in hopes he'd believe her.

Li flinched, and looked down at the ground, but didn't get mad. No, he didn't.. Well he tried not to get mad at or around Sakura, he didn't want to see her hurt, or get hurt.. He didn't know why but something inside of him seemed to scream the second he new she was hurt of was upset. Sakura and him had become close friends over the years since he had moved to Readington, but nothing else ever had in their relationship, at one point Li had hoped it would, but that wish slowly faded and he was fine with just being her friend, he was afraid in a way, he didn't want to brake her heart if he ever had to movie back home, or if they did go out and broke up, they wouldn't be as close of friends as they were now.

"Um.. Okay, uh Madison what time should I be at the movies, and do either of you need to be picked up?" Li looked around to mainly just Sakura and Madison.

"Actually now that I think about it, Tori is taking Rie out to dinner, and dad is working late so Li if you don't mind... Wait... I have to live with Myelin in the car to also don't I.." Sakura looked at the black haired girl looking dreamily at Li. She felt like choking personally but held it in around Li.

"Yep you'll have to live with her Avalon." Li smiled mischievously, as he looked back at Myelin who quickly averted her gaze hoping he didn't notice. "You think you two can survive without ripping each others thoughts, and braking my ear dorms?!" Li had a cockeyed smile on his face that had Sakura laughing instantly.

"Um... Li.. I have no clue where the movie theater is ... and I don't have a car cause I haven't saved enough money.. So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind picking me up?" Li stopped laughing and looked at him a smile still on his expression.

"Huh, uh, oh sure no problem, jus give me your address by the end of the day and I'll pick ya up."

"Thanks a lot, I have no clue how to get around this place..."

"Ahh, you'll get used to it, the towns not that big, you'll know it by heart with in two months time flat."

"Taa.. Easy for you to say, I can't read a map for anything!"

"Yep.. I think Eathen'll fit in just find around here." Z joined the conversation, and by no time Eathen was one of the guys, sure he had most of the girls in the school drooling, but he was cool, and he was just about as good as Li was at soccer.

The school day went by quickly and in no time it was lunch already. Sakura, sat with her usual friends laughing, eating, and talking about things that had happened, between the last three hours they hadn't seen each other.

"So Sakura, what do you think of Eathen, isn't he the cutest guy you've ever seen?!" Chelsie glanced over to the crowd of boys talking a laughing about stupid stuff that teenage boys always talked about.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Hey what's wrong girl, your normally so cheery and happy.. What happened?" Madison put a friendly hand on her left shoulder leaning forward to face her.

"Huh, oh yeah I'm fine.. Just tried that's all.." 'What ever did happen between Li and Bryan?' The thought echoed through her mind, she couldn't think of anything else that day, thoughts of the past ran through her mind rapidly, the first fight.. Then the next, and now that she thought about it she was why they were fighting. Li was fighting with Bryan over, over her!

'Does he have feelings for me, is there something I haven't seen in him, something he's been hiding, hiding all this time?' Sakura fought the pounding in her mind and tried to concentrate on her school work, but no matter how hard she tried the same thoughts came right back at her, like a game of soccer, and she was the goalie, sure she could kick the ball away, but someone, would always kick it right back at her.

"Miss. Avalon?"

"Hmm, what?"

"Miss. Avalon, please return back to earth..."

"I, a, oh sorry Miss. Hairington..."

"Hmm... Go to bed early tonight so you get a good nights sleep..."

"Ack... Um.. Okay, sorry again Miss. Hairington."

"Very well then..."

Sakura blushed and tried to ignore the whispers going back and forth between the classroom. 'This is definitely not one of your normal last days of school...'

The bell rang and everyone ran like a heard of Bulls stampeding out of the six door entry way to the building.

"I'll call you later Sakura!" Madison yelled over the loud streams and laughter ringing through the halls.

"Okay!" Sakura yelled bumping into Bryan and almost tripping.

"Oh, hello Sakura.. So are you siting next to anyone on the plain yet, or could I sit next to you?" Bryan draped his arm around Sakura, but she pulled away quickly.

"Sorry Bryan but I'm sitting next to my FRIENDS, and I don't think you fit into that category, now do you?!" Sakura slammed her locker shut for the last time this school year and pushed Bryan away before heading home quickly, in hopes he wouldn't fallow her.

'I'll get you yet Sakura Avalon... I'll get you yet." Bryan smiled and turned in the opposite direction to him home in a near by neighbor hood.


~*~ That's it for chapter 1 :) Don't worry I'll post the next chapter hopefully sometime next week! Please e-mail me and tell me what you think, I'd love to know what you thought of this so far! Oh.. And don't worry it this feels confusing, it's kind supposed to be like that, I'll piece it together slowly throughout the story, so you better have read it all or you wont understand feather parts, and the posable sequel I'm thinking about doing! lol hope you liked it all in all, ~*~

Rachel*