Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing In This World ❯ Nothing In This World ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: This is somewhat of a songfic...And there is a sequel. Anyway, this is a song by Hoku! Okay? Ok! On with the story! (Oneshot)

Disclaimer(s): I don't own CCS! CLAMP does! The song 'Nothing in this World' was written by Antonia Armato and sung by Hoku.



~¤~Nothing in this World~¤~

"Konnichiwa, Tomoyo-chan!" greeted Sakura.

"Hi Sakura-chan! Ready for the photo chute?"

Sakura nodded. She was now a 21-yer-old collage student finishing her last year at Tokyo University with her best friend, Tomoyo, and wprking as a part-time model. It has been at least ten years since Li left her and she hasn't talked to him since the 'HOPE' card. No phone calls or letters. She has been thinking about giving up on him, but she kept reassuring herself that he would come back to her.

"Sakura-chan... You know that he might not come back. It's almost been 10 years..."

Why is it that she can always tell what I'm thinking?!

"He's going to come back, Tomoyo-chan. He's got to."

I hate you Li-kun, Thought Tomoyo. My best friend is going to be heart broken for the rest of her life because of you. Especially if she finds out about you and Meiling-chan…

"Package for Kinomoto-san from Hong Kong!"

It was the FedEx guy.

"Syaoran-kun!" whispered Sakura. She quickly signed the sheet of paper that he held out for her to sign and took the box.

Before she could close the door he goes… "Er… Kinomoto-san…"

"Hoe?"

"Could I have your autograph?" Sakura grinned as he held out a piece of paper. "It's for my daughter. Thank you."


Tomoyo sat down next to Sakura as she opened it. Inside, there was a smaller box. (A big one if you're thinking engagement ring.) Inside of the box were two dresses.

"Hoe?"

On top of the dresses was a note.

"Read it Sakura-chan!"

As she read it, she felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. It had these words on it:

Dear Sakura-chan,

Um... I don't know where to start.

Li-kun and I are getting married. We

both love two people in Tomeda. You

are invited to the wedding along with

our other friends of Tomeda (sp?)

Your friend always,

Li Meiling

P.S.- I want you and Tomoyo-chan to be

my bridesmaids. ^^

When Sakura finished reading the letter, her eyes were blank with sadness. She blinked it back and forced a smile on her face with fake cheerfulness in her eyes.

"Daijobou desu ka, Sakura-chan?"

"Hai. I'm fine. Arigato, Tomoyo-chan."

"Thanks?? For what??"

"Being a friend." She whispered.

Sakura-chan... she thought. Everything will be alright.

*^-^*

"We are now in Hong Kong. Hope that you had a nice and safe trip."

"'Nice' is what I call fun." said Sakura. "And that wasn't fun.

Sakura, Tomoyo, and the rest of the gang had gotten their baggage and went to look for someone holding up a sign that said 'Li wedding' on it.

"There! Over there!" said Naoko.

"Konnichiwa!" said Li with one of his rare smiles on his face.

"Konnichiwa," they all replied.

"Where's Sakura-chan?" Tomoyo asked.

"I'm right here!" she ran up to them panting.

Why does Kero-chan always do that?! Eat my food why don't ya! She thought.

Then she looked up. "Oh, Konnichiwa Li-kun" then she bowed.

Everyone stared at Sakura with disbelief and the way everyone's aura was giving off, it seemed as if everyone should have question marks above their heads.

What was this all about??

When they had all gotten over the shock and into the limo, Sakura just sat down and stared out the window. Then she closed her eyes as a vision came to her.

*^-^*

Sakura tripped and fell in the middle of the street and the headlights of a pick up truck was coming her way. Then, someone picked her up and jumped out of the way.

"Are you alright Sakura-chan?"

It was Li. She was happy, but then her happiness turned into anger.

"You broke your promise." She whispered. Then her eyes turned blank.

"Sakura, I..."

"No more excuses." She said. Then she turned on her heel and ran away from him.

*^-^*

Sakura snapped her eyes open.

Why didn't he just leave me there? She thought in confusion.

*^-^*A couple of days later… *^-^*

"Well," said Meiling. "The wedding is tomorrow. The only thing that we need to do now is get a wedding dress." ^_^()

-. -' "Hey! Maybe we could get Tomoyo-chan to make it for you!"

"Hai! That's a great idea!" said Meiling. "Come on. Lets go get started!"

*^-^*

"Where's Eriol-kun at?" Asked Li.

"Right here, my cute little descendant."

"AH! DON'T DO THAT! I'm already nervous!"

"Li-san... (Eriol does say Li-san and not Li-kun... right?) What about Sakura-chan?"

"What about her? I still love her... But you'd think that she'd be married by now. You know. Since she's a model and all."

"You'd be surprised," muttered Yamazaki.

"What was that Yamazaki?"

"Nothing! Theweddingisstartingcomeonletsgo."

^_^()

*^-^*

I t turns out that Li and Meilin decided to have their wedding start differently. Party first, wedding second, cake last. (Weird, huh? Well… it's my story!)

"Um... is this thing on? Oh... ok... we're having entertainment right now. While we eat. Urhm... yeah. Enjoy!" said Li.

Tomoyo was first. She sang a few songs with Sakura and by herself. Then all of the other people went (A/N: haha. Too lazy I am…). Then it was Sakura's turn.

"Urhm... well... um... I'm going to be singing a song called 'Nothing in this World'. It's by an American singer named… ah… Hoku."

Then she started singing these words:

"Love ended here today
And the dreams we used to share
I watched you walk away
As you told me you still cared.
Now I can't believe you're gone
How could you say goodbye
You told me you'd never make me cry.

You said
Nothing in this world would come between us
No way would ever let me go (No, No)
Nothing in this world would ever come between us
What did you know?

What difference does it make
If I understand
The promises we break are never what we planned
'Cause we planned to stay together till forever then
Now forever has just come to an end

You said
Nothing in this world would come between us
No way you'd ever let me go (No, No)
Nothing in this world would come between us
What did you know?

You said Goodbye
You said Goodbye
I hear it echo through this empty place inside
Let it rain, just let it rain
Now there's nothing left between us
But the lonely days

You said
Nothing in this world would come between us
No way you'd ever let me go (No, No, No, No!)
Nothing in this world would come between us
What did you know?

You said
Nothing in this world would come between us
No way you'd ever let me go (No, No, No, No!)
Nothing in this world would come between us
What did you know?

When she finished, she gave quick bow and ran off of the stage and outside, ignoring the standing ovation everyone was giving her.She ran until she got to the park. When she saw a bench that didn't have any couples making out with each other, she stared up at the cherry blossom trees thinking about what she would do now, after and, most importantly, during the wedding.

I guess I can stay for the wedding... then I'll just go. she thought. Leave. Right before Li says "I do." No more pain...

Then she stood up and started walking across the street.

She tripped and fell in the middle of the street and the headlights of a pick up truck were coming her way. Then, someone picked her up and jumped out of the way.

"Are you alright Sakura-chan?"

It was Li. She was happy, but then her happiness turned into anger.

"You broke your promise." She whispered. Then her eyes turned blank.

"Sakura, I..."

"No more excuses." She said. Then she turned on her heel and ran away from him.

*^-^*

"Do you, Li Meiling, take Li Syaoran as your lawful wedded (?) husband, in sickness an health (and all of that other good stuff. I forgot the rest, whereas I'm too young to get married and I don't see many movies with them saying that.)

"I do."

"And do you..."

Sakura turned around and ran out of the door with no one but Tomoyo noticing. Then Tomoyo ran after her.

"Sakura-chan! What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Don't give me that crap! You're upset that Li is getting married to Meiling-chan, aren't you?"

"Yes... No... Yes... No...... ::sigh:: Hai."

"Ok... Then let's go talk about it."

"All right. We'll talk in our hotel room while we get packed."

"You can't leave!" said a voice.

Sakura recognized that voice immediately. She whirled on him and snapped. "Listen up, Li Syaoran. I don't have time for any more heartache caused by you! So I can and I will! Goodbye!"

She turned around without a backwards glance. She closed her eyes with her eyebrows furrowed, with a few tears escaping, and then opened them. She had pink wings that looked nothing like what the fly card would do but they were still pink. (Some of the fly card's power is in her.)

"Come on Tomoyo-chan. Let's go," she said monotonously, with no emotion in her voice. "Hang on!"

When it started raining, they lifted off and went to their hotel room and got packed and ready to go the next day. (A/N: rain… a coincidence, huh?)

The End

Author's Notes: Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Guess what? It really is the end! Unless... you review my story! Then I'll put up the sequel. I have it typed and everything! Just have to edit it... Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Good Day! ::walks off still laughing evilly:: JAJAJAJAKAJAA (haha, nee-chan!)