Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Oh So Cold ❯ Don't Leave Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

<Oh So Cold>

<Samsara>

<Part One: Don't Leave Me>

Yukito stared blandly out the window, his stormy grey eyes held in the usual trance at the figure below. Carefully the teenager curled his finger around the lacy curtains, leaving fingerprints of blood behind. Yuki cautiously hid behind the whitewashed wall, so that perhaps the tall youth and his sister approached the door. All around the pair trudging up the walk, nature was at her best. The chilly autumn wind swirled the leaves around in a spiral, raising a riot of colours bidden to red, yellow and brown. The signs of a coming winter were evident everywhere you went in the town. Slowly, raindrops began to fall lightly to the ground. However, it soon began to sleet.

// Touya...\\ Yuki thought inwardly. Swiftly, he moved away from the window and rapidly changed his clothes and washed his hands. He couldn't let Touya see him like this. The doorbell had rung four times before he managed to open it.

" Hey Touya, Sakura. Come on in. The weather's getting worse," Yuki greeted the pair warmly as he pasted on his quiet and content little smile, making sure the corners of his mouth turned upwards ever so slightly.

"Thanks Man. It really has gotten bad, and all of a sudden too. I wonder why..." Touya stated calmly as he used a towel to dry off.

" Hi Yuki! I baked these cookies for you! Hope you like them," Sakura said brightly and handed over a light pink cardboard box filled with chocolate and peanut butter cookies.

" I'd be careful Yuki, you never know what the squirt sticks in them," Touya warned as he pointed at Sakura and pointed his finger at his open mouth, in mock disgust.

" Touya!!" Sakura whined.

" He teasing you again?" Yuki asked kindly as he set about making tea.

" What else is new?" Sakura answered sarcastically and helped Touya set the table. Yuki laughed softly and poured the tea. For the next two hours the trio dined on the meal that Sakura and Yuki had planned. They talked about various things.

At last, it was time for Touya and Sakura to leave. Sakura offered to help with the dishes but Yuki refused to let her do so. They said their goodbyes and Sakura bounded down the driveway and waited anxiously for her brother. Touya stopped at the door and turned to say goodbye but stopped when he saw his friend's face. It had somehow contorted itself into sadness and despair. It looked as though Yuki were about to cry his eyes out.

"Yuki... you okay man?" Touya asked worriedly and laid a comforting hand on his shoulder.

" Yeah... I'm fine. P..perfect..ly fine," Yuki lied while he tried to swallow the large lump in his throat.

" Yuki?" Touya asked again.

" I said I'm fine!" Yuki whispered again and shoved Touya out the door and closed it behind him, making it obvious the conversation was over. Touya hesitated for a moment before running to catch up with Sakura, who had already left.

Overhead Touya, Yuki peered silently out the window, as the blood ran down the fine lace curtains, once again.

<End>

(This is kind of a teaser, but it really wasn't meant to be!! And yes people, this is the prequel to Rose Thorns. We sent a teaser out about that one ages ago, so finally it's comin' out!)