Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Oh So Cold ❯ Smack the Butterfly ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh So Cold

Part Two:// Smack The Butterfly

Disclaimer:// Whelp, secret's out... I don't own CCS. I wouldn't know what to do with all that moo-lah -.-()

Lyrics are from the song "Raingirl", which is copyright to me.. :)

The long hallways were littered with students fresh off of their lunch break. A tall, young man walked silently down the hallway, his black hair hiding his eyes. His shoulders were hunched and quivering. None of the happy students moved to touch him, in fact, they all seemed to brush past Touya as he stalked down the hallways. The entire hallway was in complete silence as the bell overhead rang and the high schoolers filed into their classrooms one by one. Touya continued his march down the hallway.

The hallway was void now.

"Tou~ya!"

The word was barely whispered over the cool hush of silence that had filled the hall. Touya's head immediately perked up and glanced around. The bag that Touya had been carried fell softly to the ground and soon he found himself running.

:// A Feather Weight upon the back of no one's slave... Another soft touch of the rainy days //:

"Tou~ya!?" The words were hushed, but desperate. The hallways echoed with the ring of that one word, the air rippling in offence. Touya's feet pounded leadenly on the tiled floor. The sound of his feet pounded through the walls and mingled with the frantic voice. His run seemed endless, and blood was hammering in his ears. His name rang in his mind, the needy tone of the speaker haunting him.

:// Dead hung on your cross she lays... When all your saints are gone without a grave //:

Touya's race down the cold hallways lead him to a slightly ajar door. Bright light was filtering out from the doorway and the door creaked on its hinges, moving back and forth. Breathless, the 17 year old nudged the door opened, and shivered as a wave of water came rushing through, soaking him up to his knees. Touya peered into the room, his eyes searching through what was apparently a bathroom. There was only a bathtub in the room, and the water was over spilling the tub.

"Tou~ya?" The voice was again quiet. Touya trudged through the puddle of water until he stood over the figure in the bathtub. It was a tall, graceful boy with gentle features. The naked boy was shivering in the cold water, and the remainder of broken glasses lay scattered at the tub's bottom. The boy's wrists were slit and blood was streaming out of them, but only to disappear into normal water.

"YUKI?!"

:// The washing of the sands left me grit... The ripest of our dreary days grants harvest in this town //:

Touya sat up in bed, sweat pouring down his front and his chest heaving. Instinctively he stood up and glanced around. His hair was ruffled and his face was puffy and red from sweat. The bed sheets lay in a snarled mess on the floor. Touya stood there for a moment, dazed in confusion.

// That dream... Yuki was drowning in that bathtub... Oh god, his wrists....why would he do that? He wouldn't, would he? He looked so... sad and lost this afternoon. He's thin and looks so ill. Yuki... What's wrong with you? What could you ever feel sad about? I want... I need to see you. I need to make sure you're all right!//

:// Fields on the Raingirl walks... She's watching us with quiet eyes... In every window, on every step... Counting crows as they fly past her rooftop//:

With a determined look on his face, Touya picked up the phone in the hallway and called his crush. The phone rang, and rang. Finally he hung up, his expression that of worry. Yuki had no reason to be out this late and he was never a heavy sleeper.

One more moment of hesitation and Touya was pulling on some pants and heading out the door.

Something wasn't right.

It had been 4 hours since he saw Touya walk out his front door. Yuki had spent those hours doing nothing really, just cleaning and sitting. There was never really anything interesting to do around his house, especially since his grandparents were rarely home. This time they were on holiday in Canada. They had left over 2 months ago, and although they kept sending him postcards saying they would be home soon, Yuki knew different. They weren't coming home. He had seen the receipt of a house bought up in Victoria.

The bathtub was nearly full by the time Yuki had sealed his letter. He laid it carefully down on his pillow before entering the bathroom and closing the door. The finality of the closing door made Yuki shudder vaguely, but he never paused. Slowly, bit-by-bit, he removed all of his clothes and folded them neatly. When he turned to look in the mirror he stopped.

He was so pale, almost frail and withered. His hair was dull and limp to the touch. His once perfect forearms were now scathed with dark red lines, criss crossing each other like a fence. Yuki shook his head hurridly before pulling his gaze away from the nosy mirror. The bathwater was freezing cold, but somehow, Yuki didn't mind it. He sat there, in the water, gazing at his life.

No words did he utter.

He only stared, and then reached.

For the razor on the sink.

(I know I've been really baad about getting this out, but i'll finish this 2morro i pwomise!)