Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ On Silver Wings ❯ Stars In The Dark ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything... but the fic.
Pairings: Yue/Sakura
Warnings: I'm making it up as I go along... don't blame me if it sucks...

On Silver Wings
Part Two- Stars In The Dark
Ahead the dusty playground stood solemnly. It began to rain as the two grew closer to it.
"Yue-san... I don't like this..." his wing covered them both, sheltering them from the grey rain. The wind was blowing, tossing Sakura-san's auburn hair about. She clasped her wand uneasily, sweaty palms from her fears....
She had never been so afraid....
"Do not worry Sakura-sama..." he didn't speak his last part. Sakura-san's costume was quite unique. Tomoyo-chan had made it for her. 'Now that you're older, it takes more time and WAY more fabric' she had explained. Sakura-san looked at herself. The long robe was a forest green, velvet and had long sleeves. It was heavy, a little hot for a summer night. She would have taken of the heavy robe, but underneath was only a green halter top, and Yue-san was there....
A bright flash of lighting hit the ground before them, making Sakura-san jump back. Yue-san's wings wrapped around them both, shielding them from the sparks that followed. She looked up at him, his eyes shut tightly in pain, and his arms wrapped firmly around her.
"Yue-san! Are you alright?!?!" she was very nervous for him. The light of the sparks ended and he released her from his grip. She looked at him examining his face for any other signs that he was hurt. "Yue-san.... are you hurt?"
"I'm fine Sakura-sama...." he didn't bother to mention the pain in his back from the hot sparks.
"Well that tells me how strong you really are Star.... perhaps you shouldn't have excepted my challenge...." the voice rang through the air, hurting Sakura-san's ears. "I've been waiting for ten years to meet you in person Star...."
"Star? Who's Star? Are you the magician?" he answered the last question first.
"Yes. I am the magician. And you are Star. Have you not been called that before? Oh dear, it seems you're not aware of how famous you are in my world...." the laughter rang out again. Yue-san rose to his feet, wings disappearing as he stood ready next to Sakura-san.
"Why have you challenged me?"
"I'm simply curious of your powers and wish to test myself."
"Sakura-sama.... do not take this magician lightly." said Yue-san, looking at his Mistress carefully.
"Don't worry Yue-san. You just stay still and try not to move."
"I will not sit back and watch you fight Sakura-sama. As your guardian I'm here to protect--"
"ENOUGH!" screamed the magician. A shadow in the playground moved, and it stepped into the moonlight. Sakura-san had her first view of the most evil man she'd ever meet.
He was tall, very tall. In his hand he held a staff with a pointed end. It looked like a piece of firewood that had been smoothed slightly. His hair was black, long, and tied in a black sagging ponytail. (Much like Yue-san's only not as long) He wore such a terrible smirk on his face, like he knew something Sakura-san did not. His eyes, like to black coals, starred at her and made her nervous. He looked about her age too.
"Who are you?" she asked, hoping for a name. He glared at her, smirk still present.
"Names are such fickle things... but those who knew me called me Dark."
"Knew you?"
"Yes. They are all dead now." Sakura-san placed her hand to her mouth, holding in the gasp she feared would escape. Yue-san saw the look in her eyes and he stepped in front of her.
"My mistress is in no mood for your mind games." he said coldly. Sakura-san looked at him and noticed how angry his eyes were.
"I have no quarrel with your guardian Star.... tell him to stand down." she looked at him and sighed.
"Yue-san.... stand down."
"Sakura-sama, this isn't wise."
"I said stand down.... Yue-san, I'll be alright. I promise." she smiled at him, the same smile she had given him the first time they met. he nodded and stepped back, allowing her to step forward. He watched her as she called the sword card and the fly card, returning those wings of silver and making her staff a long silver sword. "Let's get this over with Dark...." he smiled at her.
"If that is your wish Star..." he pulled out a black card. "Dark Fly! Release!" black wings sprouted from his back, and Sakura-san gasped.
"Dark fly?" she looked at Yue-san. "How?" he was just as clueless as her.
"Star.... are you ready?" she looked back at Dark, emerald eyes a little confused.
"I'm... I'm ready." she jumped into the air, wings arching for the night sky. He gave a curt laugh and jumped up too, heading for her.
"Look out Star!" he yelled, his staff becoming metal and sharp. She was so surprised she almost was hit by it, but she managed to manoeuvre. She hadn't gone through ten years of training with the cards to fail now. When Dark tried to get her again, she manoeuvred aside and slashed his left wing with her sword. He only laughed as he fell toward the ground. "Nicely done Star.... nicely done... but all magic has a price..."