Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ On Silver Wings ❯ Guardian Or Friend? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything... but the fic.
Pairings: Yue/Sakura
Warnings: I'm making it up as I go along... don't blame me if it sucks...

On Silver Wings
Part 3- Guardian Or Friend?
Dark stood up, his staff tucked under his armpit. He laughed, clapping his hands together....
Clap... clap... clap...
Sakura-san floated in the air, catching her breath and holding her wand with sweaty palms. Yue-san stood solemnly to the side of the battle, feeling useless for not being able to help her. "Very nicely done Star.... hehehe... " laughed Dark, his coal black eyes glinting with a secret. "What if I told you that you were the only thing standing in my way of total ruler ship of the world?"
"I'd say 'go to hell'..." she was glaring at him, her emerald eyes filled with anger towards him.
"What if I told you, after I killed you.... I'd hunt down your little friends and kill them all?" silence. "Tell me Star... would you die for your friends?"
"Yes..." his smile grew larger.
"Would you die for you family?"
"Yes..." his eyes narrowed.
"Would you die for your Guardians?"
"Yes."
"What about that one over there." he pointed to Yue-san, still smiling. Sakura-san didn't hesitate.
"Of course I would." Yue-san seemed in a sort of shock.
"Well then Star..... PROVE IT!!" he hurled his staff towards her, but she knocked it away. "Dark Speed!" he release another card and was gone. Sakura-san looked about.
"Where-Where did he go?"
"Star...." she spun around, just in time to see him, and he brought both hands down onto her back. She sped towards the ground, her emerald eyes shut tightly in pain, he wings disappearing and her sword tossed aside. Then...
She felt the warmth and softness of Yue-san's body. He cradled her in his arms.
"Sakura-sama.... are you alright?" Dark laughed from his view up in the air.
"Still need your weak Guardians to help you Star...? I though he wouldn't interfere?" Sakura-san looked up a Yue-san. She felt the pain from Dark's lethal blow, yet tried to pretended she was alright.
"Yue-san.... let me go...."
"I will not let you die Sakura-sama. As your Guardian, I must protect you."
"Yue-san... let me... go!" with much hesitation, Yue-san released her from his arms, and watched her as she fell towards the black pavement. Her eyes shut tightly as her body plummeted downward in a series of spirals. Her auburn hair flew madly about in the rushing wind. However, just before she hit the ground, Yue-san sped down and caught her again. "Yue-san! What are you--"
"As your Guardian, I obey your every command. But.... as your friend Sakura-chan.... I will protect you." she smiled at him, and he carefully set her down on her own two feet. She smiled at him again, releasing her wings from the Fly Card. "Sakura-sama.... I will help you if you need me." he said.
"I liked it better when you called me 'Sakura-chan'... it sounds better..." Yue-san's look shot back to normal. He handed her her wand, which had changed back to normal.
"That was a spur of the moment thing Sakura-sama... I do not approve of such disrespect." she giggled slightly, before looking back up at Dark.
"As long as there is a breath of life in my body and soul, I will never let you hurt my friends... " "...and I promise you one think dark..."
"And what is that?" he asked smugly, a little upset she survived.
"I won't be so easy to make breathless..." she held her wand firmly between both hands, eyes wide with her decision.... she would fight him to her full power.
Dark only laughed at her determination and snapped his fingers. His staff returned to him from its location on the ground. With a small yet gruff laugh, he ran his fingers down it. Soon, the rough wood became a smooth metal.
"Star... I admire your courage, but this is suicide...." she took off into the air, Yue-san watching her as they circled each other. She charged him, wand and metal staff clashing. He shoved her away, but like a hawk, she swooped down and slashed at his already injured wings. A small cloud of black feathers burst into the air, much like a small rain cloud would. She charged again, but he was ready and instead, she was tossed towards one of the large trees. With a laugh, he charged her, crushing her into the tree with his staff. She held him off best she could with her wand, but he was stronger. "My, my, my... Star... are we getting weak?" he laughed at her struggle.
"My.... name.... is.... SAKURA!!!" she shoved him away, releasing her Sword Card and slashing him across the face in a record amount of time. Yue-san watched all this with a smile. Sakura-san landed on the ground, brushing away a slight trail of blood from her mouth. Dark was playing for keeps, his attacks suggested this. He wasn't leaving her a moment to even blink.
On the opposite side off the battleground, Dark was holding a hand over his bleeding cheek.
"You're better than I thought Star.... but this isn't over. I'll get you for this insult." with those final words he took off into the air, flying away from the park.... and his embarrassment.
Sakura-san breathed in deeply, shoulders slumping.
"Wow... he was good..." she dropped her sword, letting it turn back to normal. Then, shutting her eyes tightly, her wings disappeared in a cloud of fragrant sakura blossoms. She dropped to her knees, her mind spinning from the over use of her powers. Soon a shadow loomed over her.
"Are you alright Sakura-sama?" she looked up to her angel guardian, smiling.
"I'm fine Yue-san.... just a little dizzy. I'm gonna have a difficult time flying back--" Yue-san bent down and scooped her up into his arms. She was quite shocked. "Y-YUE-SAN!?!"
"As a friend Sakura-chan... let me be of assistance." she smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his neck as he jumped into the air, silver wings spreading.