Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ On Silver Wings ❯ Nightime Visits ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything... but the fic.
Pairings: Yue/Sakura
Warnings: I'm making it up as I go along... don't blame me if it sucks...

On Silver Wings
Part 4- Nightime Visits
Sakura-san clung tightly to Yue-san as he flew through the air with her. She enjoyed the feeling of his beating heart so close to her. Neither spoke, though both had so much to say. though Yue-san, his eyes trying their best to stay on target.
though Sakura-san. "Yue-san...?" she looked up at her angel, emerald eyes blazing.
"Yes Sakura-sama..."
"Thanks... for everything. I wasn't acting smartly back there was I...?"
"You did what you though was truthful, nothing more." there was an uneasy silence that followed and both were glad when they arrived back at the Sakura-san's apartment.
It was a large apartment, her room was the top most one, with a balcony and a stairs to the roof. She barely used the balcony, she found it confining. Instead, she spent most of her days on the roof, having picnics for lunch with Kero-chan and the odd time Tomoyo-chan (who was her roommate). Yue-san came only at night when a challenge had been issued. What nobody but Kero-chan knew, was that Yue-san came every night. He would slip in the balcony's glass door (which Sakura-san always left open) and would talk with Kero-chan and watch over his sleeping mistress. Kero-chan knew how he felt about her, he was the only one.
Landing gracefully on the roof, Yue-san set Sakura-san down on her own two feet. They looked at each other, a hint of colour filling Sakura-san's cheeks. thought Yue-san.
"Umm... why don't you come inside Yue-san? Tomoyo-chan hasn't seen you in ages and--"
"SAKURA-CHAN!!" the two looked over to see Tomoyo-chan and the earthly Kero-chan racing towards them. They were waving and laughing.
While Sakura-san explained everything to Tomoyo-chan, Kero-chan talked with Yue-san at the edge of the roof, far from the girls.
"So..."
"So what Keroberos?" Kero-chan looked aggravated.
"So... you know what. How was the challenge?"
"She defeated him and he swore vengeance on her." Kero-chan smiled at his brother.
"Well... she'll need to be supervised a lot more now. I'll have company during the rest of the day now." Yue-san glared coldly at him, violet eyes barely slits.
"You haven't told her have you Keroberos?" he shook his little head.
"I would betray you Yue-san.... I just think if you feel that way you should tell her." Yue-san looked back at his beautiful mistress. She had taken of her heavy velvet rode, exposing her arms and a bit of her stomach.
"It's easier said than done Keroberos. I'm not use to these feelings." Kero-chan sighed.
"Well... no one can say I didn't try." he floated a bit towards Sakura-san and Tomoyo-chan. "Come on inside, Tomoyo-chan has some tea ready."
"I don't eat Keroberos." he turned back to his brother, smiling.
"Well you should Yue-san!" all he got in reply was a grunt, and Yue-san jumped into the air, taking off towards the moon. Kero-chan just shook his head, and continued over to Sakura-san.
"Kero-chan? Where's Yue-san?" Kero-chan shook his head.
"He left just now..." Sakura-san looked unhappy.
"I didn't get to say goodbye..." Tomoyo-chan grabbed her friends hand.
"Come on! I've got some tea ready for you!" she dragged her friend away. Kero-chan looked at the fading white dot that was Yue-san and shook his head.
"You should tell her Yue-san... because she feels the same way..." he turned away and flew after his friends.

Yue-san sat alone in the clock tower. It's where he lived now. No one came up there and his only companions were the white doves that nested in the lofts. He would talk to them sometimes, and he was sure they understood him.
Yue-san would spend the days here, since the sunlight never entered his corner. Being a guardian, he needed no sleep and no food. It was simply a place to hide himself so he could watch over his mistress. If she needed help, he could sense it. He sensed all the emotions that made her unhappy or afraid. The bell tower was the centre of the city, so he could reach he easily.
When the moon was fully hung in the sky, he would leave the safety of the tower and go to his mistress. This was the only part of the day he could honestly say he enjoyed. It was then he would watch her as she slept, where he could look at her without giving away his secret. Often he would brush maybe a strand of fallen auburn hair from her face, or feel the softness of her cheek. But should she make any signs of waking up, he'd retreat back to his tower to wait for the next day.
It was time now. He figured she'd be asleep in her bed, and Tomoyo-chan as well. He arched his wings toward the sky, bursting out of the tower.

Setting himself delicately on the balcony, Yue-san gently pushed aside the glass door and snuck inside. Kero-chan was sitting Sakura-san's pillow, waiting for him.
"You're later than usual Yue-san." he ignored his brother's comment and made his way over to the sleeping clow mistress. "She was bruised on her left ankle, which's another reason she couldn't stand." he smiled at Yue-san as he gently brushed Sakura-san's cheek with his fingers. "She told us what you did for her... I was a little surprised that you even mentioned friendship..."
"It's all I can mention to her Keroberos. It makes my actions a little justified."
"You carried her home...?" asked Kero-chan, same smile. Yue-san was silent for a moment.
"Yes... she was too weak to fly. It was the logical thing to do."
"You just had to hold her though, didn't you?" silence. "I know you better than you think Yue-san." Sakura-san moaned a little in her sleep, her cherry lips parting slightly. "She's been challenging herself since she was ten. First with the cards, then with the Sakura Cards. It took ten years of her life to master her powers, and still she gets weak." again Sakura-san stirred, and Yue-san backed away toward the window.
"I'm going to leave now Keroberos..." he jumped out into the night air, his silvers wings sparkling as they reached for the sky.
"Yeah... I though you might..."
"Kero-chan?" he looked at his mistress, who's sleepy emerald eyes opened slightly. "Could you shut the window.. I'm cold..."
"Sure Sakura-chan... go back to sleep.."