Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ On Silver Wings ❯ Unfair Vengeance ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything... but the fic.
Pairings: Yue/Sakura
Warnings: I'm making it up as I go along... don't blame me if it sucks...

On Silver Wings
Part 5- Unfair Vengeance
When Sakura-san woke up the next morning, everything was as it usually was.
Tomoyo-chan and her cooked breakfast.... Kero-chan ate most of it... school started. It was always the same, and that's what was disturbing to Sakura-san.

At school, classes seemed to go by slowly, making Sakura-san's boredom increase. Each class was the same.
Finally the day was coming near an end, and Sakura-san found herself to be extremely tired at lunch. She didn't want to eat; she just wanted to sleep. Her ankle was still sore and she dreaded the second half of the day that would follow. So, she made her way across the Quad.
It was a pentangle shaped patio outside. The tables surrounded the centre, and in the very middle was a large oak tree. That's where the couples would sit and gush over each other. Sakura-san walked past it, heading over to the small park behind her school. Everyone knew about it, but nobody really went there... well... except Sakura-san.
It was a very small park, consisting of a pair of monkey bars and a metal slide. They were rusty from the many rainstorms, but they still stood. A tire swing hung from a sakura blossom tree. It was what brought Sakura-san here every lunchtime. She'd sit on it and rock back and forward.
Hey... even twenty-year-old clow mistresses had simple pleasures.....
She did so today, rocking slowly on the warm swing. < I wonder why Yue-san is acting so strange. He's never called me a friend before... > Her swings became larger as she pumped her legs in and out, her mind deep in thought. All the while, she breathed in the scent of the beautiful sakura blossoms that she was named after. Suddenly, she heard a coughing sound from her purse on the ground. She stopped swinging and reached down with her slender fingers, grabbing the bag strap. She opened its small flap, and Kero-chan smiled uneasily back at her.
"Hello Sakura-chan... umm... nice weather we're having..." she shook her head.
"Kero-chan. You're supposed to stay at home! If somebody were to see you they'd--"
"Ya ya... I know. They'd think something was up." he flew out of her purse, landing on the top of the black tire. "I didn't want to stay at home today... it was stuffy in there and Tomoyo-chan's cat was looking at me rather hungrily...." Sakura-san just laughed and shook her head, locks of auburn hair shaking with her.
Tomoyo-chan had acquired a fluffy orange cat she had name Mikan. It was always stalking Kero-chan about the house, but Sakura-san liked the cat, and refused to get rid of it. (No matter how much Kero-chan tried to convince them that the cat was a cold-blooded killer) "Besides... I though you could use some company.."
"Since when do you offer company Kero-chan?" she giggled slightly.
"Well.... I was also wanting to make sure that magician from last night wasn't... you know--"
"Seeking revenge?" Kero-chan and Sakura-san looked up to the monkey bars.
Standing on top of them, black wings extended and metal staff in hand, was Dark. He was smiling evilly at Sakura-san. "What a good idea... " he raised his hand, a beam of light blasting its way through the tree, just missing Sakura-san and Kero-chan as they jumped out of the way. They rolled to the side, and when Sakura-san stood up, her staff had been released. "You've certainly gotten faster Star." he tried to hit her with the beam again, but missed. "Much faster...."
"Windy Card! Trap Dark in a hurricane of wind! Release!" Windy sped toward him.
"Dark Windy Card! Match Windy Card's hurricane! Release!" his Windy sped towards Sakura-san's and in a flash, both collided and disappeared, returning to card form.
"W-What!!" Kero-chan stuttered. "He's got cards too?!"
"I told you last night Kero-chan!" said Sakura-san. Kero-chan closed his eyes and became his Guardian form. He then looked back to his mistress.
"I didn't expect them to be as strong as your Sakura Cards!"
"Neither did I..." Kero-chan looked behind himself and saw Yue-san just landing. "He's not and ordinary magician... he can match Sakura-sama's attacks with his own." Sakura-san released her Fly Card, giving her those silver wings.
"Yue-san... I'm glad you came..." < I was wondering when I'd see you again > She jumped into the air. "Sword Card! Release!" her wand became a long silver sword. "Okay. You two stay back!" she charged Dark, sword held strong.
"Oh... my dear Star... you'll have to do better than that... Dark Windy Card! Release! Dark Cage Card! Release!" Sakura-san was wrapped in a dark hurricane. She spun wildly, seeing nothing but darkness. Her wings disappeared, her sword was thrown away, and she landed on the ground. She looked back at her friends, and saw that that 'Dark Cage Card' had trapped them inside circular cages made of metal. Dark began to laugh and she looked back at him.
"Let them go Dark! It's me you want! This isn't fair--"
"Poor simple minded Star... did you really think vengeance would be fair?" she looked around, and saw her wand no more than a two or three meters away. She took the chance, rolling for it. Unfortunately, Dark was fast, and one of those beams hit her. She as tossed backwards toward the stump of the sakura blossom tree. She hit it, her back in as much pain as her arm. She looked at it, seeing that it was bleeding from a large cut where the beam had skimmed by.
"Sakura-sama!" screamed Yue-san, trying to break out through the cage. Kero-chan was helping him, but their attempts were futile.
"My poor Star..." she looked up from her place on the ground and saw that Dark was there. He smugly bent down to her, pulling her up by her hair. "Want me to kiss it better?" he leaned forward, lips meeting hers. Yue-san and Kero-chan starred in disbelief. She struggled to get away from him, but when she tried to move he would squeeze her arm. Then, with one quick movement, he threw her back to the ground. "You have very soft lips Star..." he laughed again. "I'm going to kill you, but not yet...." he jumped into the air, black wings flapping . "...but I will kill you!" he yelled as he disappeared from sight.
The Dark Cage Card disappeared and Yue-san and Kero-chan were free. Instantly running to Sakura-san, they attempted to stop the bleeding. The last thing she remembered was fainting....