Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ On Silver Wings ❯ On Silver Wings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
On Silver Wings
Part Eight- On Silver Wings
Yue-san held the weak Sakura-san carefully, planning his escape. He would give Sakura-san some is his power, enough for her to escape, and get her safely to very peak of the clock tower. There she could fly away, and he could deal with Dark himself.
"Well guardian.... you are even ready to die for you mistress... I'd find it touching if I didn't hate you." Yue-san placed his hand on her forehead, brushing the locks of auburn hair from her face. Gently he bent down, his lips touching her cheek delicately. He loved the feeling, the beautiful soft skin of his beloved mistress. Ever so slowly, she began to move, and he leaned away, the transfer of energy complete. She looked up at him, emerald eyes still a little weary.
"Yue-san....?" he set her back on her feet and she stumbled slightly. Looking back up at him, her eyes were so confused. "Yue-san... what's--"
"Sakura-sama... I want you to run to those stairs. They lead to the peak of the clock tower. When you reach the top, fly away from here and do not stop until you are safely back with Keroberos.... understood?"
"Yue-san... what's going on?"
"Guardian! Face me!" Sakura-san instantly recognized the voice of Dark and became worried.
"You're not going to face him all alone are you Yue-san?" he was silent. "Are you?!" still silence. She jumped back into his arms, wrapping her around his waist. "I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU!! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!!"
"So... the Star is awake." laughed Dark, tightening his grip on his staff.
"Sakura-sama... please run and escape..."
"NO!!" her grip tightened on him. He raised a hand, running his fingers through her soft hair.
"Please Sakura.... I do not want you to get hurt..." she was crying into his chest, salt tears making his robes wet. "Please..."
"Yue.... do you promise me you'll be all right...?" he nodded in reply.
"Yes..." she looked up at him, biting her lip like she was deciding to do something. Then, with a burst of courage, she pressed her lips against his. Pulling away quickly, she smiled at him. "I love you... so come back to me Yue-koshii..." she burst away, running for the stairs as she had been directed. Yue-san smiled, jumping out from behind the pillar and attacking Dark at full force, covering her escape. His ice shards cut through the magician's robes, but he would do no more damage tonight....

Sakura-san ran up the stairs, tripping over her slippers. In frustration and fear, she kicked them off, continuing on bare foot. As she ran she clutched her pendant.
"Oh Key Of Clow, Power of Darkness, Power of Light.... Surrender the wand, the force ignite! RELEASE!" the wand appeared in her hand, and she pulled out the Fly Card. "Fly Card! Grant me wings of silver!" from her back shot her wings and in a few more steps she was at the top of the clock tower. She was about to leave, when in the air, she saw Yue-san and Dark fighting. Yue-san's white wings were badly torn, and Dark had a few of his robes cut up pretty bad. "Yue-koshii!" she saw his body knocked away from its flight with Dark's staff. He looked like he would fall, but he was a strong and persistent guardian. She saw him fly towards Dark again, silver ice crystals flying with him. But Dark was too fast, and he would simply cast him aside. "I have to help him!" she jumped off the tower, silver wings spreading gracefully, filling the air with her shinning feathers. Her arms were out wide as she fell, and when she came to the battle's level, she swooped up and pulled out her sword card. "Sword card! Release and dispel!" her wand became the same long silver sword she had used in the last fight with Dark. He saw her instantly, and since Yue-san was busy trying to fly, he floated over to her.
"Foolish Star!!!" he charged her, staff straight and leading with the pointed end. She couldn't move, her body frozen. she snapped out of her dazed, dodging his attack and swinging her sword into his left wing. But he regained quickly, swinging his staff back at her. It was about to puncture her body when... Yue-san took the blow.
The metal staff pierced through his stomach, crimson blood falling to the far ground below. When Dark pulled his staff out of Yue-san, he began to fall, white ponytail flying helplessly. His angel wings fluttered above him like puppets without strings.
"YUE!!!" Sakura-san tore after him, catching him just before he hit the ground. She cradled him in her arms, tears streaming down her face, falling onto his. She clutched his hand with a vengeance, not wanting to let go. "YUE!! YUE OPEN YOUR EYES!" he did so, Sakura-san getting what would be her last glimpse of his silvery-violet orbs. They burned with pain, burned with agony... yet still had loyalty and love.
"Sa...ku...ra...." he raised his blood stained hand to her cheeks, cupping it delicately. "Are...y...you....all....right...?"
"WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT ME WHEN YOU'RE DYING!?!? YUE! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D BE ALL RIGHT!!!"
"I lo... ve... you.... Sa... ku... ra...." he brushed her auburn hair from her face, memorizing her features in the time he had left. "I... am... sor... ry.... good... bye... Sa... ku--" his hand began to slip, but Sakura-san caught it.
"No! Don't say goodbye to me! You're going to be just fine..." his eyes shut, his hand began limp and his breath was still. "Yue?! YUE OPEN YOUR EYES! OPEN THEM NOW! Y-YUE!!! OPEN THEM!!!!" she practically screamed the last part, burying her head into the soft crook of his neck. "You promised me.... you lied to me... why did you have to be a guardian at the last moment Yue...? Tell me why...." she looked at his face, carefully kissing his forehead as she layed him down on the ground. "You were my only true love Yue-koshii.... don't forget me..." she looked up at Dark, who hovered about ten meters above her. Clutching her sword firmly in her sweaty hand she brushed her tears away with the other. "DARK! I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WILL NOT LIVE PAST THIS NIGHT!!!" he only laughed at her agony.
"Strong words Star... but they are only words..." he plunged down at her, but she manoeuvred away, slashing his wing instead. He screamed slightly, as did this, but counterattacked quickly, cutting her arm. Sakura-san took off straight into the air, speeding as high as she could. He followed, and below the fighting magicians, Tomoyo-chan and Kero-chan arrived at the scene.
"SAKURA-CHAN!!! SAKURA-AHH!!! KERO-CHAN! IT'S YUE-SAN!!!" she tore over to him, Kero-chan not far behind. When she reached out to touch him, his body melted away in a barrage of tiny sparkles. "Kero-chan!" there was silence, and she turned to her friend. "Kero-chan?" he was starring at where Yue-san body had been, a tear falling down his tiny cheek.
"Goodbye my brother.... sleep well...." Tomoyo-chan looked up to Sakura-san, watching the fight with sweaty palms.
"Sakura-chan... you're fighting for him aren't you..."

Clash! The sword and metal staff collided, and were smashed only shortly after. Clash! A fight is much like a dance, beautiful. But beauty can be deadly, and this fight was to the end. Behind them, the moon was covered in a lunar eclipse, creating an eerie green glow.
"GIVE UP STAR! JUST GIVE ME YOUR POWERS!"
"NEVER!!" she slashed at him again, sending them both flying away when her sad energy exploded. She hit the clock tower, her back stinging. Dark came to a stop about twenty meters away. "Yue...."
Sakura-koshii....>
"Yue?"
< i>When starry tears are shed, blood will flow blood red; For love is one of the things, that flies on silver wings... >
"Yue! Where are you?!?!"
"You're delirious Star!!" Dark charged her, but she avoided quickly, causing him to crash through the clock tower's wall.

Sakura-san was confused greatly. She could hear his voice, the soft waves of his delicate melody, but she could not see him.
"Darkness shall be light...? Yue! I don't understand!"
< i>Sakura-koshii... I will always love you...>
"Yue!?!"
< i>As long as there is light... there will always be darkness Sakura-koshii... >
She felt her sword glow, and watched it as it turned back into a wand. As she looked at it, her eyes caught the star on the end.
"I'm the light.... and Dark is the darkness.... If I die... he'll die too..." she raised the wand into the air. "WAND OF THE STARS! GRANT ME MY LAST WISH! RELEASE THE SWORD CARD ONE MORE TIME!!!" it did so, a sword golden now. Sakura-san flew up higher, her body a silhouette on the eclipse behind her. Dark had returned and was starring at her.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" she looked down at him.
"If there is no light...." she plunged the sword into her stomach, a small gagging sound forced from her lips. She plummeted down to the ground, wings disappearing in the cloud of sakura blossoms. But they were golden now, a beautiful golden yellow.
As she fell, Dark grabbed his chest.
"What! Why... does... it hurt... so... much!?!?!" slowly his body began to disappear, and he was gone, his last words an angry scream.
On the ground, Sakura-san's body lay bleeding, her crimson blood a river around her. Tomoyo-chan and Kero-chan ran to her.
"SAKURA-CHAN!!!" screamed Tomoyo-chan. She reached out to her friend, her hand passing through her body. It was lighter, almost ghostly as tiny stars began to appear.
"Tomoyo.... chan.... Kero... chan.... I... love... you... both..." her eyes shut and her body disappeared, a small key pendant remaining on the now clean ground. Tomoyo-chan scooped it up and hugged it.
"She destroyed herself to kill Dark.... she--" Tomoyo-chan burst into tears, burying her head into her hands. Kero-chan floated silently, tears running like rivers down his cheeks.... tonight, this one starry night, would never be forgotten......

The next morning, Tomoyo-chan was walking with Kero-chan. He fluttered next to her, head bowed down sadly as they left the ceremony.
"I'll miss her Tomoyo-chan..." said Kero-chan, eyes still wet with tears.
"Me too.... I'll miss her more than anything and--" she stopped dead in her tracks, Kero-chan turning around to face her.
"What's the matter?" she pointed towards a large sakura blossom tree. Its small flowers were flying through the air, making the sky turned pink from its carpeting. Kero-chan looked, and his mouth dropped open.
There, holding each other underneath the shade of the grand tree, were Yue-san and Sakura-san. They smiled at their friends, eyes of emerald and silvery-violet sparkling. Then, with a final wave, their bodies faded away.
The two friends starred at the tree for a long time, before looking at each other and smiling. Then, they continue on their way home, a wave of sakura blossoms blowing by....





This story is dedicated to all my friends... you guys rock....