Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ On Silver Wings ❯ One Starry Night ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything... 'cept the fic. ^_^
Warnings: I've decided... It's a deathfic.... and sappy and angsty... sorry guys, my muse has spoken...
Vegeta: Yes... I've spokean and I demand death!
VG: See...
Notes: There should only be one more chapter... I'll finish it as fast as I can for vous!
On Silver Wings
Part 7- One Starry Night
Yue-san had left by the time the sun had set, retreating to his clock tower. Sakura-san got to say goodbye however, and she was grateful for this. She and Tomoyo-chan had studied for their biology test until about ten o'clock. Passing out in her room, Tomoyo-chan had given up on the books.
It was only after Tomoyo-chan was fast asleep, did Sakura-san put down her books and relax. She changed into her pink pyjamas. They were a small pink halter-top that covered very little of her stomach and a pair of pink shorts. When she was changed, she drifted of to sleep peacefully, Kero-chan beside her..... snoring.

Late that night, when the silver moon hung heavily in the night sky, Sakura-san awoke from her terrible dream. She silently gasped for breath, not wanting to wake up Kero-chan with her problems. He didn't sleep really, as a guardian this was impossible, but her enjoyed pretending he could.
There was a sound from the balcony window, and she saw Kero-chan flutter over in the corner of her eye. Next, the white figure of Yue-san floated into the apartment.
"Sorry about that... Tomoyo-chan locked it this time." explained Kero-chan. thought Sakura-san. She remained still, pretending she was sleeping. Kero-chan fluttered over to the bedside, seating himself on her pillow. "You still worried about Dark?"
"Yes... she must be careful. We still do not know his true intentions Keroberos."
"There's no need to get all fussy about it. All we can do is protect her." she felt Yue-san's soft hand brush her cheek, and she almost shivered until she remembered she was supposed to be asleep. His long robes ran over her neck, and she would have laughed if not for the words that came next.
"I can not protect her Keroberos.... I tried, you know I tried.... but I'm too weak...." Sakura-san opened her mouth to object, but shut it quickly. she reminded herself.
"Yue-san... look. You protect her the best you can, we all do, but she's growing up and--"
"She does not need me anymore...." < I need you Yue-san... more than you know... > "I am glad she's growing up, but a part of me wants her to stay a child forever, so I can help her...."
"You're too late for that... she's grow up already." again Sakura-san felt the softness of his hand against her cheek again.
"I know that Keroberos.... and she's grown up very beautifully thanks to you and Tomoyo-chan. No regret will ever live in me as long as I have that joy.... say one..." his head turned away from the sleeping Sakura-san and Kero-chan fluttered into his face.
"If you love her that much than tell her." Yue-san brushed him aside, floating toward the window.
"I love her too much to tell her..." Kero-chan was still for a moment.
"I don't understand..." Yue-san walked onto the balcony, spreading his silver wings.
"You don't have to Keroberos...." he jumped into the air, flying off towards the clock tower in the far distance. Kero-chan sighed, shook his head and turned around. He almost jumped when he saw Sakura-san starring back at him. She was sitting, her auburn hair touched the top of her spine. Her emerald eyes starred straight at him.
"Why didn't he tell me...?" Kero-chan was silent for a moment. "You knew too... you knew he loved me... but you--"
"I promised him I wouldn't...." she shoved the blankets aside, slipping on her slippers and walking towards him.
"If he won't say it, I'll say it..." she grabbed her pendant, releasing the wand quickly.
"Sakura-chan! You can't go after him yet. You haven't regained all your strength! If you get attacked you'll-"
"I know Kero-chan. But if he feels the same I have to tell him!" she released the fly card, wings sprouting from her back. She stumbled a bit from the lack of energy.
"Sakura-chan! Please don't go! Dark could attack you and you can't defend yourself!" she wasn't listening. Instead, she jumped into the starry night, flying after Yue-san. "SAKURA-CHAN!" he would have chased after her, but he dared not change into his true form. The stress from it could make he fall from exhaustion. He could only watch as he figure drifted away. "Sakura-chan..."

Sakura-san flew awkwardly toward the clock tower. Her mind was spinning, but she had to tell Yue-san. The cold night air froze her throat as she breathed in. The stars in the sky were so bright today, yet the stress on her powers was too intense for them to help her.
Suddenly, a stabbing pain came to her wing, and she stumbled.
"All alone Star? I didn't think you were that stupid..." only one person called her that.
"Dark...." she saw his black figure before her, smirking and holding the staff. Behind him, only twenty meters away, was the clock tower. "Yue-san..."
"No Star... you're pet guardian won't save you." he flew toward her, grabbing her hand and swinging around to her back. He pressed her captured hands into her back, making her moan in pain. Then he buried his head into the soft folds of her auburn hair. "You're such a beautiful woman Star... much more beautiful that the rumours gave you credit. We could have been so happy together, if I wasn't here to kill you."
"Let me go...." she said sternly, yet very weakly. She was so tired.
"We could still be happy together... if you surrender your wand and powers to me..."
"Never! Let me go!" she kicked her heel back, slamming it into his ankle. He let her go in his pain, and she flew as fast as she could towards the clock tower. She was loosing her energy quickly, every inch taking a breath away from her. With a final burst of power, she landed on the clock tower's edge. Looking up, she saw the worried Yue-san coming towards her. She used the last of her energy to throw herself up into his arms. He caught her, feeling her arms around his neck. Her wings disappeared in a cloud of sakura blossoms, and he held her as she became weaker.
"Sakura-sama! What happened to you?!" he felt her stir a bit.
"Yue... san... D... Dark...." the angel guardian looked toward the outside world, only to see Dark flying towards them. Quickly, Yue-san scooped her up in his arms, and hid behind one of the stone pillars, wings disappearing. There was a thump as Dark landed. Yue-san held the unconscious Sakura-san to his chest. There was laughter, followed by speech.
"I knew she'd run to you guardian. You can't hide her from me." Yue-san was silent, looking for a way to escape. Sakura-san was too weak and injured to fight right now. Retreat was the only way. "If you give her to me, I'll make sure you're rewarded."
"The only reward for me is to see my mistress safe." answered Yue-san. Dark was madly looking behind pillars, trying to find their hiding spot.
"Stop hiding and face me! A guardian of my little Star should be strong!!" he slashed at the closest pillar, metal staff breaking through it. "If I have to I will destroy this whole clock tower!" he smashed another, the sound getting closer to Yue-san.
"If you destroy this tower, you will die with me."
"I can't die! As long as there is light, there will always be darkness. But if I have the light.... " the thought struck Yue-san. He wanted Sakura-san's star power... she was the light he was talking about.
"You want Sakura-sama so you can be both the light and dark...."
"Yes. I'm so glad you've figured it out." he slashed another pillar, the pieces of rock tumbling to the ground. "If I have Star's powers and combined them with my own.... I'll be more a god than a mere mortal." Yue-san looked to his left and saw his exit. A flight of stairs leading directly to the very top of the building. He smiled at the mistress in his arms.
"I'll make you a deal. If you can defeat me, there will be nothing in your way to take Sakura-sama's powers...."
"And you're proposal?"
"Try and beat me."