Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Partings ❯ Forever ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Partings 6: Forever
By: Starlight Rose
Email: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: The goddesses of Clamp own CCS, but I own my characters.

A.N. Last chapter, maybe....you decide. Yue is a bit OOC but I needed to make him that way to get this interaction to work.

*****************************

I stood out in the garden staring at the cherry trees with their red and gold leaves and sighed sadly. I missed Sakura already. I was so used to spending my days watching over her and now it felt strange for me to have to sit around the mansion all day with nothing to do. Keroberus kept himself occupied with those video games of his, but I unfortunately am not so easily amused so I spent the day out in the garden.

Sakura was five now. Today was her first day of school and also the first day since she was born that I was not with her. I missed her sorely. I was tempted to try and get a job at Sakura's school to watch over her while she was in school, but I refrained. Well maybe not, that I refrained myself but rather Mikage told me that Sakura needed to make some friends outside of the family because the original Sakura would have wanted that for Sakura as well and had gotten into numerous arguments with the Li clan about that. I knew she was right but that didn't mean I had to like the idea of Sakura at school without anyone's protection.

I started to head back to the house when I felt Sakura's aura approaching. I wanted to meet her as she got home, but it turned out I didn't need to. Sakura found me. I saw her auburn hair head bouncing over to me. I knew from her face that she had enjoyed her first day of school. It's selfish of me but I wished that her day hadn't turned out well, that way I would have an excuse to keep her at home longer. To keep her to myself longer. But she was happy and I am not selfish enough to deny her that happiness. I turned to face her and watch her run up to me.

"Yue-san!" Sakura cried running up to me. Her face was joyful and her green eyes were shining brightly. She reached me and gave my waist a big hug since she was only as tall as my waist. It probably never occurred to her to ask me to kneel so that she could hug me properly, but Sakura had always been impulsive.

I smiled at her or what for me would pass for a smile. Most people would hardly call my slight upturn of my lips a smile, but Sakura knew better. She waited for me to kneel to return her hug. I did so and picked her up as I stood up again. "Did you want to see me for some reason Sakura?" I asked her gently. I was only ever so gentle with her. Everyone else thought I was cold especially Keroberus. But I cannot help my personality, I am the personification of the moon. I draw my power from her, but in turn she affects me with her dark, cold nature. But Sakura doesn't mind it. She never minded.

Sakura snuggled closer to my chest and wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and asked me, "I wanted Yue-san to be the first one I tell about my first day of school."

"I am honored that I am the first one you wanted to talk to mistress but may I ask why me?" I asked her putting her down on a stone bench.

"Y-U-E-san!" Sakura screamed at me, "Stop calling me that!"

"But you are my mistress, so I should call you as such." I teased. I knew that she hated the title, but Sakura was cute when she was mad. I could fully understand why Touya enjoyed teasing her so much, but like Touya I felt I was the only one allowed to tease her.

Sakura looked at me sadly then, "Is it because I'm you're mistress that you spend so much time with me?"

"Yes, but..." I started abandoning my teasing but Sakura quickly interrupted me.

"I don't want to be your mistress Yue-san."

"So you do not want to sped time with me?"

"No! Not at all, but I don't want you to spend time with me because I'm your mistress. I want Yue-san to be happy, so Yue-san doesn't need to watch over me. I can take care of myself." Sakura replied looking at me with eyes brimming full of tears.

I felt my heart melt at the site of this child and knelt beside her. I wiped away her tears and lifted her head up to look me in the eyes, "I want to spend time with you Sakura. It makes me happy to get to spend time with you."

"But Yue-san, I don't want to be your mistress. I want to be your friend. I want you to spend time with me because you want to, not because you have to." Sakura protested.

My mind flashed back to several centuries ago when another little girl only a few years older had stood before me saying the same thing. Sakura was Sakura, not matter if it was then or now. Then and now Sakura was a caring, gentle girl that worried more about the happiness of others than her own, but that was what made me love her. She was bright and beautiful and deserved to carry star power, because like the stars her brilliance never seems to die.

I snapped myself out of my moment of nostalgia though when I felt Sakura's arms wrap around my neck and her head bury itself into my neck. I felt several moist teardrops hit my skin and frowned. I pulled her gently away from me and made her look me straight in the eye. "Sakura, " I whispered, "I am your friend and I am with you because I am your friend. I chose to accept you as my mistress when you were born because I wanted to be your friend. So please stop crying."

"Honto?" She asked hopefully her large green eyes luminescent with still lingering teardrops reflecting brightly off them in the afternoon sun.

"Honto," I answered, "Now tell me how your day went."

Sakura brightened immediately and began launching into an account of her day. I listened attentively to her and was happy that she had enjoyed herself and made new friends but unhappy that I no longer had an excuse to try and get her to remain at home longer. My apprehensions were brought to a halt though when Sakura began telling me about her teacher.

"My teacher is a really pretty lady. She's really nice too."

"Really?" I asked, "So what is this pretty teacher's name?"

"Ogata-sensei, she has long dark violet hair and pretty violet eyes."

"Ogata...Ogata...Ogata..." I mumbled. For some reason the name sounded familiar to me but I could not remember where I heard it before.

"When Ogata-sensei saw me she seemed to be really shocked for some reason. She told during lunch time that I looked like someone that she had never met, but had always wanted to meet."

"Really? That is very strange." I told Sakura but I felt there was something I was forgetting like why the name Ogata seemed so familiar.

"Ogata-sensei said that her there was some pictures and old tapes that were left by here ancestor and treasured by her family. There was a girl that was also named Sakura in those tapes and pictures that Sensei said looked just like me but older because that Sakura was ten. Sensei showed me a one of the pictures that she kept with her and she even let me have it. The picture is really strange. It has a picture of two girls on it. One of the girls looked exactly like me but older and the other girl was really pretty and looked a bit like Sensei. I've never seen anything like it, it's flat and on something called paper."

"Really? That was nice of your teacher to give you something like that. Paper has not been used for pictures for over a hundred years now. That picture must be very special to your teacher."

Sakura's eyes widened and she asked, "Really? Maybe I should give it back to her then if it's that valuable."

"That may be a good idea but if your teacher gave you something so valuable she must like you a lot. I think she wants you to have the picture."

"Un. I'll keep the picture then. Yue-san, can I ask you something?"

"Of course. You can ask me anything you want."

"What's a tape?" Sakura asked innocently, her eyes wide with curiosity. I laughed quietly at her question as I realized that only Sakura could talk so enthusiastically about something she knew nothing about like tapes.

"Tapes are things you use to record and watch movies on a long time ago. I think we have some here. I'll show them to you if I can pry out of Keroberus where he kept the tapes." I told her. The tapes I had were the ones Tomoyo had recorded of Sakura when the two were children. Tomoyo. The thought struck me suddenly. I now knew why the name Ogata sounded familiar. I turned to Sakura and asked her, "May I see the picture you have?"

"Un!" Sakura replied and dug into her backpack. She pulled out a photograph that seemed to have had meticulous care taken of it since it was only slightly faded by age and had no tears, stains, or any other imperfections in it. Sakura handed me the picture and I looked at it and smiled. Smiling up at me from the picture were Tomoyo and a ten-year-old Sakura. My suspicions were confirmed and I thought it was humorous that Sakura should encounter Tomoyo's descendant so many years later.

"Take good care of this picture, Sakura. The girl in this that looks like you is your ancestor, Sakura Kinomoto, though later known as Sakura Li. The other girl was her best friend Tomoyo Daidouji, though after she was married she was called Tomoyo Ogata."

"Ahh...honto? So my ancestor was Ogata-sensei's ancestor's best friend. Sugoi!" Sakura exclaimed excitedly. "Ne, Yue-san did you know that Sakura?"

I was struck dumb by her question. I had never thought that Sakura might ask me about the other Sakura, but I smiled sadly at her and replied, "Hai. I knew her. She was a very sweet person just like you are. She was always cheerful and loving. You were named after her."

"You loved her didn't you Yue-san?"

Again Sakura's question caught me off guard, but Sakura was always perceptive though in a naive and innocent way. "Hai. She was my first friend. I was her guardian before I became your guardian."

"Honto? Then Yue-san is really old, ne? Demo, you don't look old." Sakura pondered out loud, "So ka! You're the guardian angel Sensei told me about? Yue-san are you an angel?"

I blinked and looked at her in confusion, "Angel?"

"Hmmm...Ogata-sensei said that in some of the tapes, Sakura had a guardian angel that always protected her. She said that he was really beautiful with long white hair and great white wings. I thought it he sounded like you and Yue-san is really old but doesn't look old so Yue-san must be angel." Sakura explained to me smiling sweetly.

"I'm not an angel. Angels have beautiful green eyes, auburn hair, a sweet smile, and a cheerful personality." I whispered softly.

"Eh?" Sakura asked confused.

"Nevermind." I told her.

"Yue-san?"

"Hmmm?"

"I think you are an angel even if you say you aren't."

I sat down next to Sakura on the bench and smiled at her. "I'm not an angel, but I am your guardian."

Sakura climbed onto my lap and I wrapped an arm around her to keep her from slipping off. She snuggled into my arms and closed her eyes. "Even if you aren't an angel, can you be my guardian angel forever?"

I kissed her head softly and replied, "Hai, anything you wish boku wa tenshi."

*****************************

A.N. I had intended for this to be the last chapter but then I realized that I could write more for this for the relationship between Yue and Sakura as she grew up and into her power, but I don't know how I might do that. If you think I should continue or have any ideas write me and even if you don't tell me what you think.

Boku wa tenshi - My angel