Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Right Here Waiting ❯ When I met the guy she likes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Right Here Waiting
By: brokenshadow23
Disclaimer: CCS belongs to Clamp…
Chapter 1: When I met the guy she likes.
“Syaoran-kun!” Sakura Kinomoto, a fifteen year old 3rd year junior high school student, called out the name of a chocolate haired teenage boy with her sweet voice in the midst of the students walking in the lobby.
“Good afternoon, dearest Cherry Blossom.” Syaoran teased her as she stopped in front of him. He looked at her emerald eyes and gave her a smile. “How's your class?”
“It's great!” She answered. A smile was plastered on her charming face again. He really loves seeing her like this, and sometimes wonders why those guys who admitted their fancy on her to him don't have the guts to tell her personally. “Most of our teachers are kind and I now have the reason to come to school early.”
He raised a brow and asked her about it.
She smiled. This year is different for him and her, because they were always in the same class. This year, however, they are in a separate class, with the exception of Syaoran's leave on their sixth grade.
“Well,” She started as they walked outside the building. “Guess who's seated behind me.”
“Chiharu?” he guessed.
She shook her head, a grin slowly kissing her lips. “It is a he…”
He pondered. “Yamazaki?”
She laughed. “No! Come on, Syaoran! You know him!”
He stopped for a while and massaged his temples, looking at the ground. “Hmm…”
He found Sakura staring at his amber eyes when he lifted his gaze. “I really don't know who you are talking about.” he calmly told her.
“Okay, I won't keep it as a secret.” She started to spill. “Eriol is in my class! He's the one seated behind me!”
He watched her blushing face. `Sakura really fell for that guy.'
Eriol Hiiragizawa first stepped in their school on our freshmen year. He's an exchange student from Japan who wears glasses and is pretty mysterious. He happy for her, but don't understand why it's as if something is wrong.
He smiled at her for a moment and started to get going. “That's good. Come on, Sakura. It's already five in the afternoon. If I don't get you home before Touya does, he would get mad at me on the first day of the school year. You wouldn't want that, would you?”
She giggled. She followed him and said, “I'm glad that you're doing onii-chan's favor.”
“I'm not doing it for him.” He reminded her, pocketing his hands. “I would never grant kindness to a person who calls me brat every time we see each other. Also, It's not a big deal anyway. My house's just three blocks away from yours, remember?”
“Aren't you getting tired of doing all of this for me?” She asked, her voice softening.
“Why should I?” Syaoran smiled at her. “That's why I asked Wei to find a house near yours when we came back. Besides, I've been doing this for years. It helps taming your older brother.”
She grinned, before glancing at him. “Want to have a dinner at my house tonight?” She offered.
He shook his head in response. "Sorry, I told Wei that I'll help him out with the chores. Maybe next time."
“All right then…” Sakura responded, slightly disappointed. “Kero will take over the two slices of my special cake.”
He chuckled. “Just tell him to take it slowly. No Sakura card would be able to cure his stomachache.”
*****
(Syaoran's POV)
“Good morning, Hiiragizawa!” Sakura greeted as she saw him entering the building the next day. I was side-by-side with her, since we went to school together.
He turned to our direction. “Oh, morning Sakura! Oh, and calling me by my first name will be just fine.”
I was taken back by what he said.`Since when did this blue haired guy started to call her by pure first name? He just met Sakura yesterday!'
He turned to look at me and I quickly composed myself, hiding the shock that I, stupidly, openly showed. Few emotions passed through his eyes in a millisecond, and I decide to let go of his thoughts about me. 'After all, why should I care? It's his business, not mine.'
“Umm,” Sakura's voice was as gentle as always. “This is Li Syaoran, my best friend.” She gestured with a smiling face. I nodded at him in greeting.
He took a few steps forward and offered me a hand. “It's nice to meet you, Li.”
I took it for Sakura. Being this guy's friend didn't pass my mind at all, but if it's for Sakura's comfort, then what can I do?
We entered the building a few moments later. This time, however, she was walking with Eriol and they were in front of me. She was so engrossed in speaking with him that she wouldn't even realize if I get run over by an elephant! Of course, I'm not jealous. NOT JEALOUS. Most girls are like this, anyway.
...Okay, I'm jealous.
*****
(Still Syaoran's POV)
`Sakura…' I was staring outside the window while our Math teacher was giving out requirements for the subject. I don't need to listen to it, actually. After all, the requirements are the same for each year.
Sakura, being Sakura, occupies my thoughts the whole day. Maybe I'm just used to see her sitting in front of me, stuttering when she doesn't know the answer if a teacher calls her to recite, and standing gracefully when she knows the answer to a question. This year is just... different.
*****
(Normal POV)
Syaoran's class was dismissed earlier than Sakura's was so after the routine of wrestling with the other students to get to his locker after class, he stopped by the school gate to wait for her. He has been waiting for her for at least ten minutes until she ran up to him with a smiling face.
'At least waiting for her was worth while.' He told himself.
“So how was your day with Hiirigizawa?” He asked.
“Well, we talked all day.” She answered cheerfully. “He told me how England looks like and I find it very interesting!”
`So that's why she forgot about the promise she made this morning… Forgetting our lunch together for Hiirigizawa's sake.' Without saying anything, he started to walk in the direction of her house.
Normally, that is how it starts. He walks ahead of her when going home, and she normally sprints to walk side-by-side with him. Today, however, he felt a hold on his sleeve. “What's wrong, Sakura?”
He saw her still looking at the main entrance of our building. Her emerald eyes were scanning for something, or someone... When he turned his eyes to where she is looking at, he saw a man with sapphire eyes walking towards us with a small smile in his face.
“Sorry for making you wait, Sakura.” Eriol apologized, before turning to Syaoran. "Nice to see you again, Li."
Sakura smiled, and he nodded at him in recognition. “Its okay, Eriol.” She stood beside him.
He creased his eyebrows his confusion. "What's okay?"
“Syao…” Sakura called him by his name. At last! She remembered that he exist in this world!
“Let me be the one to explain, Sakura.” Eriol interrupted, before turning to the Chinese boy once more. “I found out that we would be walking the same way in going home, so I asked Sakura if I could join you guys. Sakura already gave her thumbs-up, and we're wondering if it would be okay with you.”
Syaoran nodded with a little doubt. He started to walk away slowly so that Sakura will not notice how affected he is with the things going along with her and Eriol.
Through out their travel, he got sick of hearing Eriol's voice who answered Sakura's every question. Still, he cannot resist smiling as he hears her laugh.
“How about you Syaoran?” Eriol suddenly asked him.
He pondered, smacking his head inwardly as he tried to remember what they were talking about, but to no avail. "I'm sorry?"
“How is your family?” Eriol said, as if talking to a three year old child.
“My mother and sisters are in Hong Kong.” He rolled his eyes inwardly as he answered. “Only I and my butler and trainer, Wei, lives here.”
Eriol raised an eyebrow. “What about your father?”
His throat hardened, and my boy went stiff. 'Who does he think he is, asking me things that I haven't given him the right to ask?'
Eriol creased his eyebrows on this, and answered, "I'm sorry, I haven't the right to ask..."
'Damn right you are...'
Sakura interfered, worry in her voice. "I don't think that's what he meant, right Syaoran? You see, his father died when he was still young..."
Eriol seemed slightly surprised. "I'm sorry for that..."
He simply shook his head. "You don't need to apologize."
“You said Wei is your trainer.” Eriol began again. “Trainer for what?”
“Martial arts.” He answered him. “I have been taking martial arts since I was a child.”
Eriol smirked. "Then you must be a good fighter."
He smirked back. “I guess so…”
“Li!” a female voice called out.
That sweet, sing-song voice made them stop from walking. Syaoran turned his head to where the voice's direction and suddenly a girl in the same uniform as ours went out of Maqi's store. She fashioned a long, dark blue hair. Her purplish eyes were gentle, making her as beautiful as always.
`She's almost perfect.' Sakura told herself in amazement. She was examining the girl from head to toe when she stopped by in front of Syaoran.
“You left early.” The girl stated. “Why are you still not home by this time?”
“Because they waited for me, Tomoyo-san.” Eriol intervened.
He looked at the mysterious guy. “You know her?”
Eriol nodded. “She and I belong to the same club.”
Tomoyo gazed at him. “What do you mean? I just gave out my application yesterday, and I'm not part of any club.”
Eriol walked around her, leaving Sakura to look at us. He stopped in front of Tomoyo and said, “You, Ms. Tomoyo Daidouji, is accepted as a soprano in the Music Society.”
Music Society, as Sakura mentioned yesterday, is a club that Hiirigizawa is most active on. He's the Music Society's president and most known for his piano pieces, though also a bass singer.
“Thank you, Hiiragizawa!” Tomoyo said cheerfully. By that, she turned to me, consistently glancing at Sakura “Li…”
"Yes?" He inquired, confused by the tone of her voice.
“Why won't you introduce your girlfriend?” Tomoyo asked unexpectedly.
His eyes widened as he heard the question. He turned to Sakura and met her emerald eyes, surprised at the redness of her face. Though, in actuality, that question is not new. Since fifth grade, people thought that they were in a 'crush-thing' situation. Although this girl, whom Syaoran met only a week ago, is so early to say and think that Sakura is HIS girlfriend.
After a few minutes, Sakura finally talked. “Tomoyo-san, am I correct? I think you have gotten us all wrong…”
Tomoyo bit her lip.
“Syaoran and I are just friends.” Sakura managed to smile. “Right Syao?”
With a little hesitation, he nodded. “Yeah, just... FRIENDS.” He gulped. Though really, that question has more impact that it usually had... and that routine answer seemed more harder to say.
Syaoran saw Eriol with a smile and he said, “Daidouji-san, this is Sakura Kinomoto.”
He believes Eriol did it out of courteousness, since he was still petrified of the question.
Tomoyo offered her a handshake. Sakura took it and gave her the smile she gave everyone else. “Nice to meet you, Sakura-san.”
“Umm…” Sakura said as she took back her hand. “May I know how you get to know Syaoran?”
“He and I are in the same class.” Tomoyo answered. “Actually, his seat is near mine but he doesn't talk much.”
Sakura giggled. “Well, he is like that. So others think that he is a rude type of person.”
"Yeah, and it's as if I'm not beside you girls right now." He intervened.
The two girls giggled, and started to talk and walk together. Eriol and Syaoran are behind them, listening. This way, perhaps, is better. This way, he would not be forced to speak with Eriol.
Xoxox
 
AN: This is the first chapter! Review please! ^^