Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Rising at Dawn ❯ The Ceremony Begins ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rising at Dawn


A/N: Minna san! Updated with yet another chapter. Just sit back and read. (don't forget to review!) -_~


Disclaimer - *CCS has been officially disclaimed.* (Gomen. Can't think of creative disclaimers. I used up all my imagination on the chapters. -_~)


Rising at Dawn
Chapter 6: The Ceremony Begins


Previously:
"Hm... something's not right." "What's wrong, Li?" "It seems as though Kinai is hiding something." "Naturally. All girls have something to hide." "Not like that! It feels as though she's trying to make us avoid something." "Well, if she knows magic, we'd better do as she says."


-----------------


*~*

"Wow!" Sakura looked around the shopping malls with stary eyes and an excited glow. Meanwhile, Kinai was trying to catch her breath to keep up with her. 'How much sugar did she eat to get this hyper?!' "Oh wait, Sakura-san. This is the place I wanted to show you." "Huh? Oh, okay." They walked into an accessories department. "May I see the design of the dress please?" Kinai handed over the designs for Sakura's dress. "Huh?" Kinai saw that Sakura was slightly confused and decided to explain. "If you give one of the workers the design of the dress, they'll find matching accessories right away. These people have a very delicate taste to matching things." "These gloves and hair accessories will match your complexion perfectly, Miss." "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not the one who will be wearing this dress." Kinai pulled Sakura toward her. "She is." "Oh, yes maam." The worker went back to pick out the accessories. "Can I see what the dress looks like?" "Not yet. You're just here as a model. That reminds me." Kinai took a blindfold out of her purse. "You're gonna need this." "Aww." Kinai shook her finger. "If you want the full effect, you shouldn't know what you're getting until the last moment." "But, how will I know if I would like it?" "Trust me. Tomoyo-san helped me pick it out. I'm pretty sure she knows your taste. Besides, judging by character, I think I did a pretty good job of matching your personality." "Okay." The worker came back a bit confused at seeing the blindfolded Sakura. Kinai just whispered 'full effect' and she soon understood.

*~*

"Can I at least know what we got?" "Alright. We picked out gloves, shoes, hair accessories, and socks." "Socks?" "They have to be just right, or it will hurt to dance in those shoes all night." "That's true. How much was it?" "It was pretty cheap considering that I can get discounts." "Why is that?" "I'm a dressmaker next door. Our stores work together as one business." "Oh, that's cool." "Yep. I got you a 75% discount." "75!" "Sure. Now your total will be... eighty four dollars and thirty eight cents." "Um... that's kind of a lot." "I know what you mean. This store is suppose to expensive, but considering that you bought all the materials needed for four outfits, it's pretty cheap." "Four! I thought it was one!" "You see, after the ceremony tonight, on Thursday there's going to be a birthday celebration for Syaoran. After that, it's the Friday Summer's ball. There's also one more celebration that is held on Sunday." "Oh my." "Don't worry, Sakura-san. Tonight is the only one that is going to be all night long. The others start in the morning and end in the afternoon." "Whew! Thank goodness." "If I were you, I would try to get some rest in the limo so that way you won't be too tired."

*~*

"We're back." "Half an hour of shopping. That's the longest you've been out there, Kinai." "Another record." Kinai and Syaoran started laughing. "Hoe? That's it? Usually, Tomoyo and I would stay for at least two hours." "Yeah, I thought so. What's funny about Kinai is that she just hops off of the limo, goes in and comes right back out with everything she needs." "What!?" "That's definitely going to be an accomplishment for you, Sakura." "True, Meilin. Hey, wait a minute. Doesn't that mean it's another record for me too? I got OUT in half an hour." "Like I said, another record." This time everyone laughed. "Sakura!!!" Kero flew down from the balcony. "Did you bring me anything?" "Um..." Kero suddenly got disappointed. "Aww..." "Cheer up, Keroberos. I got something for you too." Kinai pulled out a doll's tuxedo along with a tie, a cane, and a hat "Alright!" Kero was really excited now. "Can I try them on. Please, oh please, oh please?" Everyone laughed. "Calm down, Keroberos. You will be wearing them all night at the ceremony tonight. Until then, try to get some rest so that you won't be tired."

*~*

"They will be tired alright... tired of having to deal with more accidents." Darkness filled the mysterious room as the figure laughed his evil laugh and as his eyes sparkled with the mischief he was about to perform. "Just watch. The play hasn't even begun."

*~*

<yawn> "Did you have a good rest?" "Huh? What? It's still dark." "Sakura-san, don't tell me you forgot about the ceremony." "Oh no! I completely forgot!" "That's alright. We still have half an hour to get ready." "Come on Sakura, let's get you all fixed up." "Well, alright." Sakura washed up and then had her hair done. "Now can I see the dress?" Tomoyo and Kinai giggled. "Alright, Sakura." "Tah-dah!" Sakura's eyes dazzled with amazement as she looked at the light-pink, silky gown. The sleaves were not puffed, but were let slightly down with an even curvy patterned lace on the hem. The lace was very lightly tinted with pink to fit in with the dress and had sakura blossoms on its design. The top of the dress hung tightly until it reached her waist where it relaxed and flowed down gracefully to her toes. The neckline of the dress had a ~ sign on either sides that tilted downward until they met in the middle. The hem of the neckline, the waist, and the bottom hem all had the pattern of the sakura blossom lace on it as well. "This dress is so amazing, Kinai!" Sakura spun around in it gleefully and excitedly. "I was pretty shocked when I first saw it too. It was the most amazing thing I saw, and she made it from scratch." "What do you mean by scratch?" "She had some raw cloth, scissors, thread, needles, and some patterns for making the lace." "What!" "Calm down. I already started working on that lace pattern a long time ago." "You should have seen it. She had a huge roll of it all bundled up like tape, and it's pretty much indestructable." "I always wanted to make a dress for my mother. She was quite a klutz in long dresses, and she loved sakura blossoms so much. I really miss her." "How long has it been since you've last seen her?" "It's been two years. Two lonely years... most of the time was spent on learning how to survive out in the city by myself. A few weeks were spent here." "Wow. You must really miss your parents." "Yeah." 'My emotions slipped again, but... it just seems so much easier once it's out of my lungs!' "Come on, Sakura-san. Let's get everything else ready."

*~*

<knock knock> "Coming." The door opened to reveal Syaoran waiting on the other side. "Hey, Kinai. Could you do me a favor?" "The button popped loose again?" "Yeah. I need help with this." "You've got to relax. You don't just pull it over your head you know." Syaoran laughed. "Yeah, I know. It's just so annoying." "Does it feel tight?" "A little," Syaoran grunted. "I wish you told me sooner. That means it's too small for you now." "Great. Now what am I to do?" "I got an extra outfit I was working on. It was for your birthday present, but... I might as well give it to now." Kinai pulled out a box and gave it to Syaoran. Syaoran pulled out the perfect outfit for that night's ceremony. "Thanks, Kinai. It's great!" "Go try it on, Syaoran." "I will, thanks." Syaoran walked off into his room with his new outfit. "You really are attatched to him, aren't you?" "Not necessarily, Tomoyo-san. It's just something I need to take care of." Kinai walked off leaving Tomoyo in a confused state.

*~*

"Oh, I'm so nervous!" "Calm down, Sakura. At that rate, you'll faint before you even touch the floor." "I know, but I just can't help it. Will they accept me? I hope I will behave well." "Let's just hope you don't klutz out." "Oh, Tomoyo! Now I'm really nervous!" "Just be yourself, Sakura." "Huh?" Syaoran was standing right behind them with his teal outfit and white pants. The gold buttons on the top part of the outfit lined up all the way down and there were some chinese designs around the corners. On the back, there was a circle where a dragon was surrounding some characters. "Wow, Syaoran! You look so handsome in that outfit!" Syaoran was too embarassed to answer Sakura, so he did the only thing he could do. He blushed and nodded his head in thanks. "You look beautiful too, Sakura." Sakura turned her head as she blushed and then smiled as her answer. Tomoyo looked from one side to the other and smiled herself. "Hey! Is it that fun to stay up at the staircase?" "Meilin." Meilin was wearing the lacy outfit of white and red that she had shown them earlier. The sleaves were long, but were cut from the elbow and reconnected at the wrists. Meilin bundled up her hair as always, but this time she tied them with more strings until the ends. There was a slight string on her right hand that led to a cream-colored fan in her sleave. The fan had red Chinese characters on them with some picture of flowers surrounding the characters. "Hey, Meilin, what happened to your sleaves?" "I was getting dressed in a hurry and then it ripped. Kinai didn't have much time to fix it, so she designed the last bit like this. Pretty cool, huh." "It looks very stylish!" Tomoyo gave her a thumbs up. "That was very smart of Kinai to do that. You should thank her later on, Meilin." "Mother!" "Come on. Let's go down." Meilin followed her mother down to the bottom of the stairs where she was lost in the crowd. "Why are you all still up here?" "Kinai!" Kinai was dressed up in a slightly different pattern than the others. She had a white silky gown with a few designs on it along with Chinese characters on her outfit as well. "Kinai, what do the characters mean?" "Oh this? It means purity. Everyone wears a virtue character at this ceremony." "What does Syaoran's mean?" "That means courage. Meilin's is perseverance. You have one too, Sakura-san." "Where?" "It's on your sleeves." Sure enough, Sakura found it. It blended in with the dress slightly because of its color, but that's what made it seem nicer. "So what does mine mean?" "Kinai, we need a little help down here." "Uh-oh, gotta go. Ask Syaoran. See yah." Kinai gracefully floated down the stairs to where the other workers were standing. They looked as though they were waiting to pounce on her along with some others who have tried her food and wanted the recipe. "I just hope it's alright down there." "That reminds me, where's Kero?" "Right here." Kero flew right over Sakura's head and showed them his outfit. "Kero, it's perfect!" "Yeah, but what's this thing in the back." "Oh no. What did you do?" "I tried to take it off." "Oh great." Sakura cut it evenly along the lines where Kero had teared at it. "Just leave it the way it is. Kinai must have sown across it so that you wouldn't be embarrassed to be the only one without one. Oh well." "I have one too." Tomoyo showed one on her left shoulder. "That reminds me. What does mine say, Syaoran?" Syaoran looked at Sakura's sleave and blushed a crimson shade. "Syaoran?" Syaoran looked away. "It means love." "Oh, thanks." Sakura smiled as she looked at her characters on her sleeves. "May I know mine too?" Syaoran looked at it and told her it was wisdom. "So, why do we have to have these symbols?" "The announcer calls out certain characters and that is whom you have to dance with. You have to find someone with that character quickly or you won't get to dance." "Well, that's a shame. I don't know Chinese, and I can't read it either." "Just let someone come up to you and ask. I'll tell Meilin to stick around you, Tomoyo." "Thanks, Syaoran. Maybe you should help Sakura." Syaoran slightly blushed at the idea that he would be around Sakura the whole time, but he agreed. "Come on, what are we waiting for. Let's go!" Kero escorted Tomoyo as Sakura and Syaoran walked down behind them. The whole time, Syaoran seemed to be... smiling. "What is, Syaoran?" "Nothing." Syaoran looked as though he were going to burst out laughing. "Come on. Tell me." Syaoran whispered something into Sakura's ear. Sakura started looking as though she were going to burst as well. "Let's keep the laughter for another day." "Yeah." Suddenly, they couldn't take it any more. They flew down the stairs and started cracking up at a safe distance from the other people.

*~*

"It is now time for the dance. The first dance will be for courage and love." "What did he say, Syaoran?" Syaoran slightly blushed as he translated for Sakura. Sakura looked around at all the women who seemed to want a dance with Syaoran. She decided that she would have to act quickly. "Oh, then come on. Otherwise, we won't be able to dance." Syaoran looked around at the men who were looking in Sakura's direction and agreed right away. The dancers took their position and danced gracefully. Syaoran couldn't keep his eyes off of Sakura, but Sakura was just trying to watch her feet to make sure she didn't make a mistake. 'Maybe now is the time to tell her. I might as well give it a go.' "Sakura..." "Hm?" "Um... nothing." 'Oh well. Maybe another day.' "Alright then." Sakura smiled and went back to her dancing, but she realized that she couldn't keep her eyes off Syaoran. 'Am I crazy? At this rate, he'll know that I like him, but... I just can't keep my eyes off of him. Oh why did he have to look so handsome tonight?' The music ended and Sakura and Syaoran parted to return to their seats. 'I'll cherish this dance forever.' They both had the same thought as they smiled and went to sit down.

to be continued...


A/N: How was it? I know. I just cut it a little shorter when I could have written more, but... if I put in everything now, it would be too long. Okay. So the chapters are getting longer and it's taking a little more time to write them, but I'm still expecting reviews. ^_^; Arigato!