Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Rising at Dawn ❯ We've Finally Arrived ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rising at Dawn


A/N: Minna san! So how did you like that? Am I off to a pretty good start? I hope so. Anywayz, this next chapter should keep you on your toes. Ready or not, here it comes.


Disclaimer - CCS has been disclaimed.


Rising at Dawn
Chapter 2: We've Finally Arrived


Previously:
"Li, it seemed as though she was holding back." "What? After all that?' "I know it seems hard to believe, but the way she just repeled me, it told me that she wasn't going to give it her best. She didn't want to hurt me. She has a golden heart, just like Sakura." "I know, Meilin. I know."


-----------------


The wind roared loudly as Sakura waved goodbye to her father and Touya. "It's going to be a great day, Sakura." "Yeah. Sorry is was on such short notice, Tomoyo." "That's alright. I brought my video camera with me to take awesome shots." "Oh, that's the new one that Eriol bought you, isn't it?" "Yeah. It's great! Oh yeah, guess what, Sakura?" "What is it?" "Eriol's going to be there too!" "Really? Alright! This is great! Syaoran's going to have a blast at his seventeenth birthday." "That reminds me... what did you get him?" "Oh, you'll see."

*~*

"By the moonlight and across the sky... By the moonlight and across the sky..." "Who are you?" The blurry image started to fade. "No, please. Tell me who you are! Please! What is it that you want?" "Sakura..." "Syaoran! Please don't leave me." Syaoran nodded his head and smiled, but something started pulling him away. "Syaoran!" "I must help her... no matter what the cost." Syaoran started following the voice into the shadows of darkness. "Syaoran! Syaoran!!"

*~*

"Sakura... Sakura? Wake up!" "Huh?" "You were talking in your sleep again." "It's that dream again, but... this time... it was... different." "What happened?" "I almost saw the image of who the voice belonged to,... and Syaoran... he..." "I did what?" "Syaoran! You were here all along?" "Why not escort you when you're traveling at such a long distance?" "It's a good thing Sakura didn't say what your present was." "I know, it's such a shame." Syaoran leaned closer to Sakura and whispered, "Is Kero here?" Sakura opened her backpack to reveal a sleeping Kero. "He wouldn't let me leave without him." "Kero and Touya are getting more and more protective about Sakura these days." "Yeah, I noticed. I have to be careful about what I say on the phone or even when I email Sakura because I know at least one of those two will always be around."

*~*

"Um... Syaoran?" "What is it, Sakura?" "Is it alright if I ask you something?" "Madison's asleep, so go ahead." Sakura took a deep breath. "Well, I've been wondering... who was that other girl who was on the phone the last time I called?" Syaoran gazed downward, ashamed that Sakura would have to deal with this. "She's another member of the Li clan. I'm suppose to train her." "Why you? Why not Meilin?" "Her family has requested that I train her, and besides... she... fought Meilin, but she pretty much whooped her the first time when fighting her." "She's that strong?" "She's stronger than me back when I was that young, but she has a hard time using magic." "Oh, I see." "One time, when she was summoning a breeze from the slip of paper, she caused a hurricane to appear out of nowhere. She was so frustrated about the situation that she looked ready to cry." "Aren't girls suppose to cry?" "Not this one in particular. She's quiet and considerate, but she's so serious or sad." "Aww... how old is she?" "I'd guess that she would be about eight." "What!" "I know what you mean, but the Li clan studies magic starting from childhood. Her age is pretty normal for fighting." "That's so sad. She has to do all that work when she's a child. She doesn't even get to know how it is to be a child. She has to go around experiencing a grown up's pain. No wonder she's so sad." "I don't think that's it. You see, before her parents passed away, they gave that last request that I would train her. That's why I couldn't let it down." "I see. I guess there's nothing to worry about then. I trust you, Syaoran." 'Trust me on what? Could it be that she's telling me that she likes me?' Syaoran blushed as he turned away, but he noticed something. 'Sakura... her smile is the exact same as Kinai's...'

*~*
Flashback

"Don't worry, Kinai. Don't be so frustrated. Magic isn't that easy to learn. It will take practice and considerable concentration. Just do your best, alright." "Hai, Syaoran-sensei." "You don't have to refer to me by that. Just call me Syaoran." "But..." "It's up to you. Just say whatever's comfortable." "Yeah, Kinai. We're your friends now, so always remember that we'll always be there for you when you need us, okay." Kinai smiled a small but sincere smile as her eyes swelled up with tears. She winced them back as her smile grew to it's original size. "Arigato, Meilin. Arigato, Syaoran."

*~*

"Hoe?" "Hey, Chinese gaki! What you staring at?!" "Huh? Oh, sorry." "You'd better be!" "Kero!" "What?" "Shhh!!! You'll wake the other passengers." "Fine." Sakura looked out the window. "Syaoran, look! It's a full moon!" "It is." "By the moonlight and across the sky... by the moonlight and across the sky..." "Who's there?" A faded image of a young maiden was spread across the sky. She continued to say these words over and over, but her eyes never opened. Sakura squinted to get a better look at her image, but she disappeared. "Did you see that, Syaoran?" "Yeah." "See what? I didn't see anything." "Are you sure, Tomoyo?" "Yeah, I've been staying awake video recording everything that happened so far." "What! You mean you were listening to our conversation?" "No, I just recorded it and was listening when Sakura was looking out the window. You guys sure acted strange after seeing the moon." "How... how could that be?" "Sakura, Tomoyo doesn't have magic." "I forgot about that, but still, didn't anyone else see it?" "No, the other passengers were all asleep." "Well, let's call it a day too then." "You go on ahead. I'll wake you when we get there." "Alright then. Goodnight, Tomoyo. Goodnight, Syaoran." "Goodnight Sakura." "Goodnight." 'Something's not right. I'd better stay up just in case something happens...'

*~*

"Were here!" "Alright! Hey, but where's Syaoran?" "Sound asleep, I guess." "He must be tired. I'll wake him up. Syaoran, Syaoran wake up." "Huh? What? Sakura?" "I guess you fell asleep. If you were tired, you could have just told me." "No, it's alright." 'Nothing happened after that. Is someone trying to warn us of something?'

*~*

"Here, Sakura, let me help you with that." Syaoran lifted the heavy suitcase out of the taxi car. "Master Li!" An older man in a suite came running towards them. "Master Li, where have you been?! The Mistresses were so worried about you, and you've been getting bad commentst from the elders!" "I don't understand. I left a notice on the door of my room saying that I'll be back in a day." "Yes, but you seemed to have written the note in Japanese. You know that none of us read Japanese, Master Li!" Syaoran blushed from embarrasment. "I guess he was so excited about seeing you, Sakura." Tomoyo whispered to her best friend. "Tomoyo!" Sakura turned bright red as she suddenly found a great interest in her shoes. Syaoran was the same, leaving Tomoyo and the servant to figure out what was going on. "Oh yeah, Syaoran, where's Eriol?" "He said that he would be a few days late, but he'll come on the night of the ceremony."

*~*

"Syaoran!" Four ladies leaped out of their chairs. "Where have you been?" "Did you get kidnapped?" "Why did you run away?" "What's the big idea scaring us like that!" "Girls, settle down." Sanori sat in her chair staring at the carpet. Syaoran walked slowly toward her and kneeled at her feet. "Mother, I'm sorry to have frightened you like that. I didn't mean any harm." There was silence for a long time. "Kinai has been looking for you. Do you really think that I'd be comfortable sending out an eight year old child?" "Kinai? Is she still out there?!" Sakura didn't seem comfortable at the sight of Syaoran caring so much for another girl. The door closed to reveal a small girl with bright blue green eyes and light brown hair. 'No wonder he's so worried. She's so young.' "Kinai?" "How was the plane flight?" "You knew all along?" "Meilin..." "I see." "Where were you, Kinai?" Sanori stood up. "At the airport. I was following them here." There was silence. "You may go now, Kinai." Kinai bowed and left to her room. "You've certainly out done yourself this time. Please, Syaoran. I don't wish to scold you in front of your sisters. Don't let this happen again." Sanori whirled around and startled herself by almost bumping into Sakura and Tomoyo. "Syaoran Li!" Meilin saw all the commotion and ran up to Sakura. "Sakura! Your here! Finally! I've been waiting so long. I would have gone with Li, but he insisted that I stayed in case they go looking for him. I tried to tell them, but they all panicked." Meilin chattered off to break the tension as Syaoran stepped up to the girls. "Mother, this is Sakura." Sakura smiled brightly and bowed. Sanori accepted the bow heisitantly. "And this is her best friend and my friend Tomoyo. You do remember them from last time, don't you?" Meilin finished only to realized that Tomoyo disappeared. "Tomoyo?" Tomoyo was busy camcording the mansion that Syaoran lived in. "This place is so kawaii! I should record a movie here!" "Oh, can I be in it?" "Hey what about me?" "Don't forget us!" The three friends sweat dropped. "Girls!" The sisters stopped scrambling over Tomoyo. "How many times must I tell you to settle down?" "We're sorry, Mother." "It's not everyday that a Japanese girl comes over to our house to make a movie." Sakura turned around to see all the servants peeking. "Ahem!" The servants came to their posts immediately. "Please bring these ladies to their rooms." Syaoran asked. "Yes, of course, Master Li!" The servants took the luggage as Tomoyo strided upstairs. Sakura took a step and turned back around. "Are you sure you'll be alright?" Syaoran blushed at her consideration and nodded adding a reasurring smile. Sakura returned the smile, bowed, and then headed up the stairs. "Hey, Syaoran, is that your girlfriend?" His oldest sister asked after they have left the room. "What?" Syaoran blushed faintly, but turned his head to cover it. "Aww, isn't that sweet?" "Yeah, and Sakura is cute." "I love her emerald eyes." "And her adorable smile... it just makes her so sweet." "You should have seen the worry in her eyes before she asked Syaoran if it would be alright." The girls jabbered on to their rooms. 'Sisters!' Li thought. As he lifted his eyes towards his still shocked and disappointed mother, his senses seemed to have caught a glimer of magic that was spread across the room. 'Who's there? Who would do such a thing as to spread magic in this room? Am I just imagining things?' Syaoran looked up at the room that Sakura was in. 'Maybe I'm just a little tense from everything that's happened so far.' "Syaoran." Syaoran whirled around to face his mother again. "I'll approve of this for now, but you'd better come up with a good excuse to the elders about them." Sanori walked away swiftly leaving Syaoran alone with his thoughts. 'Hm... I can still feel something. I'd better be careful and make sure that no one else can come near this room or else... something dangerous might happen.'

to be continued...



A/N: O.o Something dangerous, huh? I hope they'll survive this one. Now maybe I should stop... or maybe some reviews can change my mind. -_~