Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Rising at Dawn ❯ The Presence of Magic ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rising at Dawn


A/N: Minna san! Gomen this story took too long. Arigato for waiting patiently for this chapter. Okie... on with the disclaimer.


Disclaimer - CCS has been disclaimed.


Rising at Dawn
Chapter 3: The Presence of Magic


Previously:
"I'll approve of this for now, but you'd better come up with a good excuse to the elders about them." Sanori walked away swiftly leaving Syaoran alone with his thoughts. 'Hm... I can still feel something. I'd better be careful and make sure that no one else can come near this room or else... something dangerous might happen.'


-----------------


<Yawn> "What time is it, Tomoyo? Tomoyo? Tomoyo!" Sakura got up to realize that Tomoyo was still asleep safe and sound. <beeeeeep> "Ugh! What's that noise?! It's only four thirty in the morning!" Sakura slammed the alarm off to remember that this wasn't her clock. "Oops! I shouldn't have done it so hard." Sakura looked at the remains of the clock. "Oh, no. What should I do? I know!" Sakura quickly took out a Sakura card from her drawer. "Create card, create an unbroken clock exactly like this one! Create!" The Create card did its job and returned to its card form. "Whew!" Sakura wiped the sweat off of her forehead before she started climbing back into bed. <Slam!> "Sakura!" "Wah!" "Yah!" "Hoe?" "Sakura?" "Syaoran! What is the meaning of this! Barging into the ladies' room like this during breakfast time." Sanori looked even more astonished to find that Sakura and Tomoyo were still not dressed up for breakfast. "I'm sorry, Mother. I just sensed a magical force." "That gives you no right to barge in here. Besides, didn't you say that one of them had magical powers?" Syaoran looked slightly embarrassed, but then turned serious again. 'Why would Sakura use magic at this time of day? She would never be able to wake up by now.' "Mother, something's not right. You could see that these two were still in bed. Of course one's still sleeping. If they were in bed, who could have done this?" "Yes, but Syaoran, you told me that this one was a heavy sleeper." "Syaoran talks about her alot!" "Yeah, I know. This could be serious." Syaoran blushed before he continued on as Sakura sat there with a gigantic question mark on her head. "She could be a heavy sleeper, but she could have also sensed the magic and woken up, right, Sakura?" "Actually, I just woke up from the alarm clock." Everyone stared at the alarm clock. "Why was this one on? All the other ones have been turned off." Kinai came running up the stairs. "Syaoran!" "What is it, Kinai?" Kinai whispered something to Syaoran. "What? I see. Then I have no choice." Syaoran pulled out a pouch and gave it to Kinai. "Be careful." "Hai." Kinai ran off downstairs and out the front door. 'So Kinai has sensed the power in that room as well. Her magical powers must be increasing... but why hasn't Sakura sensed it? She should be the strongest out of all of us. Why...' "Well, so far we couldn't figure out anything. We might as well leave it at that. Go back to sleep girls. You will need your rest for the ceremony tonight." "Hoe? What kind of ceremony will it be?" Sanori smiled at Syaoran's translation. 'For once she seems interested in the Li family's tradition.' "You'll see." Of course, Syaoran translated as much as he could. "But, I would warn you, Sakura. It's an all night long ceremony so get alot of rest, alright?" "Thank you for your concern, Syaoran. I'll do that." Sakura faced the crowd. "Goodnight, everyone." Sakura smiled brightly before she closed the door and returned her bed. Unfortunately, only Syaoran understood what she meant.

*~*

"Seven thirty. Am I late for school again?" Sakura scrambled out of bed and got dressed. "Oh wait a minute. Where am I?" Sakura had a hard time remembering where she was until it finally clicked. "Good morning, Sakura." Tomoyo stepped out of the second bathroom. "Oh, good morning, Tomoyo." "Did you have a good rest?" "Syaoran!" Syaoran stood grinning in the doorway. "Kinai wanted to say good morning." The shy little girl peered in the doorway behind Syaoran. "Good morning!" Sakura smiled brightly at Kinai as she slightly blushed. "G-good morning." "Aww, she seems so sweet." Tomoyo grabbed her camera. "She's the perfect star of my movie. Since she reminds me of you, she'll be your long lost sister, Sakura." Syaoran slightly blushed at seeing the similarity, but there was something that was a little different that he couldn't quite put a finger on. 'No wonder there was something that seemed familiar about her...' Syaoran smiled. "Kinai, why don't you make breakfast for them? Since you like cooking so much." "K." "She does?" "Yes. Her cooking is excellent!" "Oh yeah, Syaoran, what was that pouch that you gave Kinai?" "It was just some magic repelant. I told her to spread it in everyone's rooms." "Atchoo! No wonder I kept sneezing!" Kero was on the floor with a stuffed nose and watery eyes. "Atchoo!" "You'd better stay off of the floor, Kero." "Now you tell me." "Hoe? Now that I think about it... isn't she that girl you were training?" Syaoran sweat dropped. 'And you think that she'd know by now.' "Umm... yeah." "She looks a little small for eight. She looks more like five or six." "Are you sure, Tomoyo?" "Positive. She looks like at least seven." "Seven and a half, actually." Everyone turned around to see Kinai waiting for them. "Breakfast is ready." "Already? That was fast!" "Oh boy! I'm starving!" "Ahhhh!!!" Everybody screamed. "Kero!" "Sorry, Sakura, but I'm starving after that airplane flight." Kero's eye caught something. "Why is that Chinese gaki here!" "Kero!" "For your information, this is my house!" "Wahhh! Not that! What are you doing in her room at this hour?" "I'm inviting her for breakfast. Is that so wrong?" "Wh-what is that thing?" "Oh, Kinai, don't be scared. This is Keroberos." "Keroberos? He was a lot bigger the last time I saw..." Kinai slapped her hands over her mouth. "Hoe?" "I'll... go set up another plate." Kinai ran out of the room. "Has Kinai ever met Keroberos before?" "I didn't even know that she knew about me." "Hm... that's strange."

*~*

'Why did I have to go open my mouth? I knew I should have just stayed silent. What's wrong with me?' Kinai stopped running down the stairs. 'If I'm going to do my duty, I've got to ignore my feelings for the sake of my feelings. I've got to stop feeling out towards these people no matter what they do. I came to train under the owner of the Clow Cards, and that's what I'm going to do.' Kinai looked towards a room. 'My mission must be completed. It will be done.' Kinai grinned after sensing that the magic was still there.

*~*

"Your meals are ready." "Alright! Food!" "Kero! If you want to stay here, you have to have manners." "Don't worry, Sakura. I know what to do." "Race you there." The four raced as fast as they could downstairs with Kero in the lead followed by Syaoran and Sakura. "Dash!" Sakura sped up past Kero and Syaoran who was the new lead. "Hey, cheater!" Suddenly, something struck through Syaoran's mind. 'She's headed to the living room! That's the room where I sensed...' "Sakura!" Syaoran startled Sakura and caused her to trip into the living room. "Young lady, hasn't anyone told you not to run in the house!" Sanori wasn't too happy with Sakura's behavior. "Huh? Keroberos?" Suddenly, there was a flash of light that consumed Sakura. "What?" "Sakura!" Syaoran reached out for Sakura's hand, but there was a forcefield that wouldn't let him get near her. "Sakura!" Syaoran started banging on the forcefield. "What's going on?" Kinai saw from the other side of the room that Sakura was struggling to get up as the beam of light started squashing her to the floor. "Sakura-san!" Kinai ran in and grabbed her out of the room. Everyone came around to the other side. "Sakura! Are you alright?" Sakura coughed a little bit, but she seemed fine. "Kero... it drained my magic..." "What? That can't be! How can it drain away your magic?" "I still have a little, but the rest of it was drained when I stepped into the room." Kinai looked worried. 'I was too late?' "One more thing, how did Kinai get in." "The forcefield must have been on only one side." "Did you lose any magic?" "I never had that much magic to start with." "Huh? You're part of the Li family, yet you don't have that much magic?" "Hey, go easy on her. She's been trying to use her magic skills for the past week. She trains hard, but... so far her magic hasn't grown that much." "She can't control it?" "No. When she asked the wind for a breeze, it sent out a hurricane. Once, she summoned a ball of fire, but it turned out to be a small ember." "Poor kid." "There. That should take care of it. Because your bloodtype is A, you should take these pills before you go to sleep so that you can restore your health and your magic." "Thank you, Kinai." "She's a perfect nurse." "Let's eat already! I'm starving!!!" <sigh> Everyone did a facefall after hearing Kero's remark.

*~*

"Breakfast is served." Sakura, Tomoyo, and Kero gathered around the table as Meilin and Syaoran went out to do the chores. "It still doesn't feel right to be eating when those two are out working." "Oh, Sakura. You're so caring about other people." "I just wish there was something I could do to help." "You just got zapped of your magical powers. The best thing that you can do to make us all feel better is to get some rest." Kinai looked serious when she said this. "Please, just eat and rest." Sakura was about to protest, but when she saw the worried expression on Kinai's face, she smiled and agreed. 'What am I doing? I'm letting my emotions carry me on again! Come on, Kinai. You don't have much time before it's too late...'

*~*

Two hands went around two blue-green eyes. "Who is this?" "You can guess." "Syaoran." "Hey! You sensed my magic!" "Not really. Your hands are always warm and are broken in to hold a sword. That's how I can tell." <facefall> 'And I thought I was training her...' "Well, when your done washing the dishes, you can come outside to train." "That'll be forever. Keroberos ate so much." "Yeah, that stuffed animal's one heck of a pig." Syaoran laughed to his own comment as Kinai's face started to pale.

*~*
Flashback

"Who are you?" "I am Keroberos. I am the guardian of the owner of the Clow Cards." "How did you find my secret world?" "Your magic. It's strong." "What magic?" "Only those who have powerful magic may enter this place and not perish. I sense your power is great, but it is not awakened at all. Later on, chaos shall come. That is when you must use this key to find my master, and train under their domain." "I understand your instruction, wise Keroberos, but why must I be the one to undertake this mission?" "You are a very close decendant of Clow Reed. Your magic is completely different from all the others. This is why you have been chosen."

*~*

<Bam! Smash!> "Keroberos? Keroberos! Where are you?" "I am here. You must use the key to go to the past, and save the two most powerful magicians from there to save our future." "I don't know how to use the key." "Concentrate, it will come to you." A dark beam came out of nowhere and hit Keroberos. "Keroberos!" "Hurry! Go to the past to protect our future!"

End of Flashback
*~*

"Kinai. Kinai?" "Huh? Oh, I'm sorry." "Are you alright?" "What do you mean? Huh? Ahhh!!" Kinai awoke from her spacing outness to see that the sink was filled up and overloading. "Oh no!" Syaoran was trying his best to hold in his laughter as Kinai looked around for some clean bowls. "There, that will do it." Kinai bailed out some of the water into separate bowls. By then, Syaoran was ready to crack up. "Now, I can wash the dishes with the water left in the sink, and use this water to mop the floor and to start making lunch." 'Hm... I never thought of that. Huh?' "Ahhh!" A pair of hands reached out and grabbed the falling maiden. "Hoe?" "Sakura! You're suppose to be in bed!" "But, but... Syaoran. I want to help!" "Oh, Sakura." "If you really want to help..." Sakura listened intentively to what Kinai had to say. "... go back to bed and stay there until you are better!" "Ahh!" Sakura sighed as she walked up the stairs. 'Hmm... I know that Kinai is worried about me even though she may not know how to express it, but... she feels so... familiar.'

*~*

"Just ten more laps, Kinai." Kinai was running around Syaoran's house. It was the first part of her training. "Two more. That's it." Syaoran clicked off the timer. "5 minutes. Not bad for 50 laps."

*~*

"Fifty! Is he nuts? Just look at how big this place is!" "Sakura, you must remember that the Li family could run a hundred laps around this place without stopping." 'But what I don't understand is... how could she do it so fast? Even for a Li family member, she has a lot of speed.' Kero and Sakura opened their window to see what was going on during Kinai's training.

*~*

"5 minutes. Not bad for 50 laps." 'That's it? I need to train a lot harder than this!' "Take a break, Kinai." "Syaoran, I would like to continue." 'After all that, she still wants to keep going?' "Are you sure you aren't tired?" "Hai." "Alright, let's continue." Kinai untied the sandbags around her feet and prepared for practicing the fighting moves.

*~*

"By the moonlight and across the sky..." "Who are you?" "Do you wish to know who I am?" 'She actually asked me something different.' "Yes." "Then follow my instructions. Solve this riddle... before it's too late." "Wait!"

*~*

"Sakura? Are you alright?" "I don't know, Kero. I feel awful." "What was that dream about?" "The same one... but this time... she asked me to solve this riddle... if I wanted to know who she was." "How did you know it was a 'she'?" "I don't know. I couldn't hear anything, but it was pretty much telepathy. Still, I just know it is a female." "Sakura!" "Syaoran? What is it?" Syaoran stood panting in the doorway. "I sensed it! I sensed the presence of magic in this room!" Kero and Sakura did a facefall. "We have magic too, you know." "Looks like the gaki ain't so smart after all." "It's not yours." "What?" "I sensed the presence of another. This one was powerful!" A shadow on wall started to move away. "Return to where you belong! Shadow card!" "Huh?" The shadow turned back into the shadow card as the staff that was identical to Sakura's faded away beyond the corner. "Someone's here!" Syaoran ran out the door. "Kero, look." Sakura picked up the card and showed Kero. "It's similar to all my other cards, but... there's two stars on it." The card had one medium star that looked as though it were shrinking and another that was barely growing. Kero flew over to the magical book and noticed that the other cards had the two stars on it... except for one. "Dash."

to be continued...


A/N: O.o Something's not right here. Can you figure it out before I write the next chapter? Oh, and I'd appreciate some reviews. Arigato, again. -_~

A/N2: Whew! Now you know why I took so long to write this! 15.1 KB, and usually I write 5 KB. Well, now looks like a good time to take a break. Maybe about 5 months should do it. Hehehe... I know what your thinking, but maybe I don't. Sooooooooo... I'll need feedback to prove that you're interested. Review please!!!