Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura: Knight of the Clow ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sakura: Knight of the Clow: Eleven
 
Sakura Kinomoto raised her battle staff even as she fought back a smile at the situation. Behind her Yukito snapped away with his camera while Mei-lin tried her best not to laugh. "I may nnot be able to publish these pics," Yukito chuckled as the blonde man got a very good shot, "but it'll sure make great blackmail material."
 
"Stop laughing," Tomoyo growled, "and stop this crazy thing!"
 
Flower beamed, the graceful woman in a full gown firmly holding the struggling Tomoyo in her arms as she smoothly twirled them around, dancing across the rooftop. Dozens of different types of flowers flowed from the woman to flutter down around the city hall, decoratig the normally severe looking building in lovely colors.
 
'And to think, this started out so simply,' Sakura thought.
 
When the first witnesses told about the odd events around city hall Sakura had raced to the scene, soon met by Tomoyo, Yukito and Mei-lin. Using the Fly to reach the roof while the others took the elevator they had confronted the cheerfully dancing Flower. Emerging from the stairs Tomoyo had come face to face with Flower who had casually taken Tomoyo by the hand and began to dance.
 
"Can you capture Flower with Tomoyo so near?" Mei-lin asked, her black hair fallinng down her back in a ponytail.
 
"Not sure," Sakura answered, "but I have an idea."
 
Not letting herself thing about it too much Sakura stepped forward, extending a hand towards Flower in an obvious invitation. Flower laughed softly as she gently released Tomoyo, the dark haired girl stagering a bit as Flower took Sakura in her arms. The heady scent of Flower washed over her as they danced, the taller woman looking down at her tenderly, and it was almost with regret that Sakura brought it to an end.
 
Tapping Flower akwardly with the staff that she still carried Sakura cried, "Flower Card! Return to the form you were created to be! Flower!"
 
With a smile as welcoming as ever Flower seemed to waver, her form swirling into flowers that congregated at the point of Sakura's staff. A shinig card of light formed, blazing in the twuilight before falling into her hands as a beautifully illustrated paper card.
 
"Are you all right?" Sakura slid the card aay into the latest costume that Tomoyo had designed for her, a black and silver number that almost looked like something a prince might wear/
 
"Just a bit dizzy," Tomoyo admitted sheepishly, smiling gratefully as Sakura gently took her by the arm to steady her.
 
The sound of sirens off in the distance made Yukito quickly out his camera away. "We'd better get going," he reminded them, "or we'll end up trying to answer a lot of complicated questions."
 
"Right," Sakura used Fly, white wings unfolding from her back as she took the surprised Tomoyo into her arms. With a single sweep of her wings they were gone even as Yukito and Mei-lin raced for the stairs.
 
"I'm glad the rooftop door was unlockewd," Yukito sighed as they ran down the stairs.
 
"Yukito," Mei-lin asked thoughtfully, "what kind of relationship do Sakura and Tomoyo have?"
 
"They're friends," Yukito answered.
 
"And?" Mei-lin raised an eyebrow.
 
"And that's all I'm going to say," Yukito answered firmly, "Tomoyo's a friend of mine."
 
"That tells me a lot right there," Mei-lin stopped him on the ground floor, both of them taking a moment to catch their breaths. Looking much more composed they walked out of the lobby, nodding to the remaining evening staff before slipping outside.
 
The car was parked not far away in the safety of an alley, Sakura and Tomoyo waiting for them. "What took you so long?" Tomoyo asked, having recovered her usual poise.
 
"Next time Sakura flies one of us down," Yukito griped good-naturedly, "and you get to run down four flights of stairs."
 
"I'm really sorry," Sakura said earnestly, "but I can only carry one at a time."
 
Mei-lin gave Yukito a frown before smiling at Sakura, "It's all right, Sakura."
 
"Sorry to drag you out for this one, Yukito," Tomoyo made a face, "it looks like we're not going to be able to do a story on this."
 
Yukito chuckled softly, "Yeah, but these pics of you dancing with Flower are almost worth it. You looked adorable."
 
Mei-lin found herself smiling at the disgusted look on the reporter's face. The four of them climbed into Tomoyo's car and headed off, avoiding any of the police forces. "I wonder who's going to have to clean up all the flowers?" Sakura fretted.
 
"Probably city workers," Tomoyo answered, shaking her head. They had nearly had to swim outside the building, the flowers had been so deep around the city hall. She smiled slightly as she addressed the group, "Do you want to grab something to eat?"
 
"Yes," Yukito instantly answered and both Sakura and Tomoyo laughed.
 
Mei-lin chuckled, having heard some of the stories about Yukito's legendary appetite. "Thank you for inviting me along," she added.
 
"Glad to have you," Sakura turned to smile at the woman in the back seat. Facing front Sakura asked, "Has your boss calmed down now that a week has passed after your latest scoop?"
 
Tomoyo smiled wryly as she admitted, "Kaho Mitsuki is still annoyed that I didn't at least run it by her before we went to press."
 
"How did you slip tha by her, anyway?" Mei-lin asked curiously. "Normally the chief is pretty on the ball."
 
"The version she saw wasn't the final one," Tomoyo admitted, "though that wasn't intentional. I got full confirmation on certain bits of vital information right before our deadline, so I had to put it in at the last moment."
 
Sakura looked over at Tomoyo gently, "I hope that it didn't make things too difficult between you and your mother."
 
'Oh ho,' Mei-lin leaned forward, listening intently. 'I was wondering why the Chief was calling up Sonomi Daidouji so often,' she thought.
 
"Considering my mother and I don't talk much anyway," Tomoyo said quietly, "it's not too much of a loss."
 
"Are we there yet?" Yukito asked impishly.
 
Relieved to have an excuse to leave the serious conversation Tomoyo smiled, "We'll be there soon, trust me."
 
"Where are we going anyway?" Mei-lin asked as they turned a corner.
 
Sakura recognized the route and smiled slightly, "The Rose, I think." As Tomoyo nodded her agreement Sakura cotinnued, "We had dinner there once, the food is lovely."
 
"Toya and I have, too," Yukito agreed cheerfully.
 
'Well isn't that interesting,' Mei-lin fought back a flash of annoyance at the idea of Sakura and Tomoyo going out together. She was a bit surprised at the feeling, honestly, considering that she barely knew Sakura but still....
 
"Here we go," Tomoyo pulled up in front of the resturant, the four getting out to walk towards the front doors.
 
"Miss Tomoyo," Jim smiled brightly as the four of them walked inside, "and Yukito-chan! Good to see you all."
 
"I take it they're regulars here?" Mei-lin asked Sakura softly as the greeter talked to the two people cheerfully.
 
"Certainly looks like it," Sakura agreed.
 
"We'll find out a table in a moment," Jim said cheerfully, turning to hit a conceled call button on the front counter. A few moments a waitress arrived and they talked together softly. Jim turned back to them, "How about table six, a window seat?"
 
"Sounds good," Yukito said, the delicious smells from the kitchen already wafting over them.
 
Mei-lin took in her surroundings the way she was trained to, eyes sweeping the room. A casual style dominated, mostly single sex couples sitting at the tables. The seats themselves looked intended for romantic moments, cozily placed near to each other. 'And Tomoyo took Sakura here to dinner?' she mused, "I wonder if it was a date?'
 
Sakura stepped forward to pull out a chair for Tomoyo, "Would you care to sit?"
 
"I'd love to," Tomoyo smiled up at her happily.
 
Feeling a moment of whimsy Mei-lin quickly pulled out Yukito's chair, "Here you go."
 
Yukito blinked at her then began to laugh as he sat down. "You're a doll," he waved limply, camping it up a moment before they all shared a laugh.
 
To be continued....