Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura: Knight of the Clow ❯ Chapter 27

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sakura: Knight of the Clow
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Tomoyo Daidouji lay in bed, the warmth comforting the black haired woman as she cuddled by the firm shape. Muzzy thoughts from the day before tickled her mind as Tomoyo breathed in a familiar scent, her nose in someone's hair.

'A Clow card shot her out of the sky,' Tomoyo remembered as her arms reflexedly tightened, 'I caught Sakura.'

They had dove into the car and hurried away, then made it back to Tomoyo's apartment building. Torn muscles and bruising made it hard to walk so Sakura had helped her up to her apartment then carried Tomoyo to the bed.

'Just like a prince with her princess,' Tomoyo wryly thought to herself, 'too bad I wasn't in any condition to appreciate it.'

Sakura ordered Tomoyo onto her belly then she had returned with a container of muscle relaxant, which Sakura spread liberally over Tomoyo's back. Climbing onto the bed Sakura was very thorough in massaging the sore, aching body of Tomoyo, her hands generating thrills that even her sore muscles couldn't ignore.

'Sakura massaged me,' Tomoyo remembered, 'and I must have fallen asleep.' The question was, how did Tomoyo go from being massaged to waking up with her face in hair?

Nervously Tomoyo opened her eyes, taking in some very familiar red-brown hair that her face was pressing up against. A odd mix of awe and horror filled her as Tomoyo shifted carefully, trying not to wake her companion as she got a good look at the bra and panties clad woman.

'Oh my god,' Tomoyo thought as her eyes widened, taking in the full beauty of Sakura Kinomoto. Sleeping peacefully in her arms Sakura looked like a angel, caught by human arms and held with her willing permission. Her moderately sized breasts looked good enough to eat even in the poorly designed white bra, and her very nicely shaped butt was pushing into Tomoyo's crotch.

“Urglflth,” Sakura made a incoherent sound in the back of her throat, the smaller woman snuggling into Tomoyo's arms.

'My one arm is under her,' Tomoyo thought as she tried to figure out how to get out of the bed and leave Sakura in peace. She didn't want to imagine Sakura's reaction to waking in her arms... it might be okay, but she was too scared to try. Carefully she began to ease her arm free, trying not to take too close a look at the nearly naked woman beside her.

“Hmmph,” Sakura murmured as Tomoyo eased her arm free from under her. As Tomoyo slipped from the bed Sakura rolled over, laying on her back as her pretty hair fell around her face.

'She's adorable,' Tomoyo had to admit to herself as she gazed down at the sleeping woman. Resisting the urge to photograph her Tomoyo limped away, her back and muscles still somewhat sore from yesterday. After collecting a set of pajamas Tomoyo dressed then walked into the living room and checked her messages.

*Beep* The warmly amused voice of Yukito came on, “Toya called Sakura's home last night and noticed she hadn't been home. You haven't done anything that will annoy big brother?”

Tomoyo growled in the back of her throat as she deleted the message. Her photographer was getting far too much amusement out of the situation. Of course Toya really was the protective older brother type... and Tomoyo did NOT want to imagine his likely reaction to them sleeping together.

*Beep* Kaho's voice sounded a mix of amused and annoyed as her editor noted, “I've had two reports of a Clow card sighting but nothing from my star reporter. I'd almost wonder if you were slacking, but I know that would be unbelievable from you. Call me.”

Tomoyo made a face and dialed her cellphone. “It's Tomoyo,” she smiled wryly as she got Kaho's machine, “I got banged up a bit, or else I'd have filed a story yesterday. I'll type it up this morning and send it in.”

Sitting on the couch with her laptop Tomoyo ordered her thoughts then began to type, being careful not to indicate who the 'mysterious cloaked' figure fighting the Clow card was. Skirting the truth while providing a eye witness account was getting harder and harder....

“Tomoyo?” Sakura asked sleepily from the doorway, having put on her shirt from yesterday to provide a degree of dignity.

“Hey,” Tomoyo looked up with a smile as she sent the report in to the paper. “Sorry if I woke you,” she apologized as she got up with a wince of pain.

“You should be in bed,” Sakura scolded as she hurried to Tomoyo's side.

“I'm fine,” Tomoyo was still a bit wobbly but managed to stand on her own, “I'm just a bit stiff.” She lead the way towards the kitchen as she offered, “Do you want some breakfast?”

At the word breakfast Sakura's stomach grumbled loudly. Sakura blushed faintly as she said, “Yes, please.”

Chuckling softly Tomoyo opened the fridge as she noted, “Do you have to call in to work?”

“I probably should,” Sakura admitted as she borrowed Tomoyo's phone. She called her boss to let him know she'd be late, then called her assistant. “Yue?” she smiled as she leaned up against the counter, “I'm going to be in late. If you need something to do continue sorting through the latest shipment of artifacts by size and region.”

“Will do,” the young man answered briskly. Yue continued, “When can we expect you in?”

“Probably before lunch,” Sakura admitted. “See you later.”

“Considering how cowed your boss is, I bet you could take the whole day off,” Tomoyo noted as she reheated some leftovers for breakfast.

Sakura shook her head as she said with a shrug, “It wouldn't feel right, I suppose.”

“You're too nice for your own good,” Tomoyo admitted with a smile as she added, “I'd skip work in your shoes.”

“No you wouldn't,” Sakura noted as she bemusedly watched Tomoyo making up the leftovers. 'Doesn't she cook much?' she wondered. Aloud she added, “You like your job too much.”

Tomoyo dished up the reheated food as she laughed, “I guess so.” She sat down at the counter beside Sakura as she apologetically said, “I'm sorry it's not much. I need to go shopping....”

Sakura ate, her expression a bit surprised at how good it was. “I get like that too,” she admitted. “In between work and the cards, I feel like I have no time for anything.”

Tomoyo winced slightly. She really hadn't thought about how time intensive Sakura's life was, now. Archeology was a job based on slow study and careful work, hours spent in a lab reassembling fragile pieces of pottery and sculpture. Then there were her evenings spent searching for the cards, often fruitlessly driving about half the night with Tomoyo, Yukito and sometimes Mei Lin.

“I wish there was more I could do,” Tomoyo admitted quietly as they ate.

“Hmm,” Sakura shook her head, “it's all right.”

The devilish part of Tomoyo instantly suggested several ways to help Sakura, not the least of which was for her to move in. 'Hush,' she instructed her imagination firmly. Putting her hand over Sakura's she said, “If you do need any help, please ask.”

Sakura smiled back warmly, “I will.”

Tomoyo blushed faintly as she looked down shyly. “Thank you for taking care of me last night,” she said quietly, “I was so banged up, I don't know if I could have made it back.”

“You're welcome,” Sakura smiled shyly. She looked away as a blush colored her own cheeks, “Rubbing your back like that was kind of fun.”

“Oh?” Tomoyo made herself look up to meet Sakura's eyes.

A teasing smile teased Sakura's lips as she added, “Too bad you fell asleep.”

Tomoyo blinked, “Ah....” Before either could continue, the phone rang. “Damn it,” Tomoyo cursed softly as she picked it up, “Hello?”

“What's this I hear about you're being hurt?” Sonomi demanded.

“Mother?” Tomoyo blinked. “How did you hear...?”

“I was over at Kaho's,” Sonomi admitted. “Well?”

“I'm fine, mother,” Tomoyo rolled her eyes while Sakura tried to muffle a giggle.

To be continued....