Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Semper Fidelis ❯ Semper Fidelis ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I, once again, DO NOT own CCS. Clamp does. So yeah.
 
Chaptre 1
 
Semper Fidelis-Always Faithful.
 
It was a normal day for a couple; Li Syaoran and Li Sakura. They had gone on a picnic, complete with cake and honey. They watched, side-by-side, the magnificent sunset disappear beneath the shadowy hills thus giving view to a beautiful starry night.
 
Li Sakura, once known as Kinomoto Sakura, wasn't always so innocent and pure, oh no. She was infamous in her high school for her blackmailing and sly smiles -at least, among her victims. Her evil personality was always hidden behind sweet, sugar-coated smiles. The only ones who knew about her dark side were the ones who had a taste of her blackmails. The blackmailed didn't dare tell a soul for fear of what Kinomoto Sakura had prepared beyond blackmailing, but that was before she met Li Syaoran.
 
Li Syaoran, heir to the Li throne, was a shy and timid person. He was as quiet as he was cute and believe me; he was CUTE.
 
*Flashback*
 
It was pretty late and Sakura was still on the school dark room developing her blackmail pictures. She let her eyes droop lazily as she rest her head on her soft hand. “I should really get a digital camera…”she told herself as she held the pictures and turned to one photo to another. As she sighed, the curtains moved and made a shuffling sound and her sigh became a shriek. She jumped and fell backwards from her stool. The photos flew in different directions.
 
“Ow….that really hurt.” Sakura complained as she regained her posture and rubbed the back of her head and neck. “Sumi-sumimasen, I d-didn't know someone would still be here…Gomenasai for making you fall over.” said the person who came in. It was Li Syaoran. He ran to her side and took her hand. There was a cut and it was bleeding. Syaoran took his handkerchief and wrapped it around her bleeding finger. “Arigato, Li-kun.” Sakura said calmly and almost coldly. She stared at her bandaged finger then at Syaoran. He was picking up the pictures and looking at each and every one of them. “Don't look at them!” Sakura screamed, knocking the photos out of Syaoran's hands. “Why not? Aren't supposed to be seen by other people? Isn't that the whole point of blackmailing?” Syaoran asked puzzled. Sakura thought of an excuse. “Because...” She looked away. “They aren't ready yet. I still need to put a caption…”
 
Okay, lame excuse.
 
He looked around and found a photo. It was a photo of him. He picked it up and stared at it.
 
Aaah, so the pictures are for reservation until the person does something nasty to her…interesting.
 
Syaoran sighed and pulled Sakura's face to look deep into his amber eyes. Actually, amber wasn't really the word for it…They were more of a warm chocolate-brown. “Why do you blackmail?” Sakura's eyes widened. No one had ever asked her anything like this. Because only a few people knew about this side of her or those who knew, don't have enough guts to ask her. But here, Li Syaoran, the person who she never talked to, knew about her dark side and now, he's asking her why she blackmails.
 
“I…I don't know.” Truth said, she really didn't know. She just liked the feeling of people knowing she wasn't helpless, wasn't vulnerable. The feeling was empty though; like there was something missing and so she blackmailed some more, trying to find out what was missing. Maybe that was the reason but she couldn't explain it in words.
 
I'm so shallow….
 
“You have beautiful eyes.” Syaoran said suddenly. Sakura blushed and pushed his hand away. “Shouldn't you be studying somewhere? Aren't you supposed to be shy and timid?” She asked with narrowed eyes. Syaoran shrugged a little, hardly noticeable. “This is my sweeter, caring side. This side of yours, the dark side, I know it doesn't exist and you don't want it to exist… Now, I want you to show me your better side…”
 
*End of Flashback*
 
..And that was how they first met. Awkward meeting, but it was for the better. Sakura had stopped her evil deeds and apologized -with a little reluctance- to her victims. The two, after a while, became a couple. They were happy people and they had everything they could ever ask for. Syaoran was loving and extremely faithful to Sakura. He kept no secrets from her and tried his very best to keep her smiling.
 
Sakura, on the other hand, had a dark secret. It seems old habits die hard, eh? But she wasn't blackmailing anyone. Every after work, she would meet up with Tsukishiro Yukito, a co-worker. It wasn't a friendly meeting, more of a romantic get-together. People who didn't know them would probably assume they were married. Yes, Sakura was cheating on dear, beloved Syaoran. One day, she got home and found Syaoran sitting on the couch, as if waiting for her return. “Syaoran, dear, what are you doing just sitting there?” Sakura asked. She tensed at the moment she saw him but she didn't know why.
 
Something doesn't feel right….
 
Syaoran slowly lifted his smiling face to stare at her. “I've told you this countless times already… I love you and I'll always be faithful.” Sakura relaxed a little, just a little. “Yes, and I love you.” Syaoran stood up and walked towards Sakura. He took both her hands in his and smiled.
 
He seems……nostalgic.
 
“Sakura, even if I figure out that you've been cheating on me, I'll still love you and I'll still be faithful.” He hugged her and Sakura trembled. “You mean…You've figured out that…that…” Sakura broke into sobs and Syaoran just listened. “Yes, I know all about your other affair.” He said plainly. It hurt to know she had been having an affair with another guy, but as he promised, he'll still love her and he'll always be faithful. Syaoran let go of the shaking figure, smiled at her and went upstairs. Sakura stood alone in the middle of the living room.
 
He's lying…They're lies, all lies. No one is that kind. No one is that understanding. No one is that faithful. What if he has a dark side after all? If he does, that would explain how he figured out about my other affair. He's a sly person. What if he does something to hurt me and Yukito? What if he ruins our relationship? He must have a dark side…he has to have one….
 
The next morning, Sakura woke up to a table filled with breakfast meals, as always. She wasn't much of a cook so Syaoran did all of the cooking. As Sakura ate her waffle, she watched Syaoran happily cook the bacon.
 
It's like nothing even happened…..
 
…And for the past few days, he acted like that; like nothing even happened. His laughs and smiles were still joyful, his kisses were still meaningful and his eyes were, as usual, still so honest. Sakura was becoming paranoid. Even the act of Syaoran cutting vegetables would make Sakura picture Syaoran bloody slicing her and Yukito with a bloody butcher's knife and laughing a bloody maniac laugh.
 
“Sakura?” Syaoran waved his hand in front of her face. Sakura blinked. “You've been spacing out a lot, you okay?” Syaoran asked, concern masking his voice. Sakura just smiled at him and nodded. It was dinner and once again, Syaoran cooked the food and while that was happening, Sakura imagined Syaoran in a bloody murder rampage. There was silence.
 
Dinner has never felt so awkward….
 
Syaoran broke the silence. “I was wondering if you'd like to go on a picnic tomorrow…Y'know and like, watch the sunset.” Sakura stared at him and without thinking, said, “Sure, why not?” After realizing what she said, Sakura asked herself to be excused. “I'm not feeling well. I'll go to bed early tonight.” “Will you be fine for tomorrow's picnic?” Sakura, half-way up the stairs, bowed her head. “Of course.”
 
A few minutes later, Sakura was lying on the bed, covers up to her neck. She could hear the TV downstairs.
 
It's his plan…He's making me paranoid so I'll be the one to plot my downfall. If he's thinking I'll commit suicide, then he's wrong. I love Syaoran, but I also love Yukito. I'll make sure I won't die before him.
 
…And so we return to the picnic. It was a normal day for a couple; Li Syaoran and Li Sakura. They had gone on a picnic, complete with cake and honey. They watched, side-by-side, the magnificent sunset disappear beneath the shadowy hills thus giving view to a beautiful starry night. Sakura stood up -Syaoran hardly noticed- and walked quietly to the picnic basket. There, she took out a small knife. She walked towards Syaoran. “Syaoran…” She said, barely audible. Syaoran turned around and Sakura, with a quick movement, cut his throat. Syaoran fell into Sakura's arms. Blood was flowing and drenched Sakura's clothes. Syaoran motioned her to lean closer, and without thinking, Sakura did as she was told. With Syaoran's last gasping breath, he told Sakura something that brought tears to her eyes.
 
“…I'm sorry for bleeding on your shirt.”
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Author's Notes:
Now wasn't that just….sad? I'm having one of those morbid moments again. What happened after, you ask? Well, you supply that.
Yukito: I'm a jerk again.
Me: No you're not.
Yukito: I was having an affair with a married person in your fic!!! What have I ever done to you?!!? *Yukito starts crying*
Me; Oh dear…..
 
Sakura's tears fell on Syaoran's solemn face. He was dead and his blood stained her hands. She held the knife high above her chest and plunged down. “Semper Fidelis…” she whispered as she fell on top of Syaoran. The couple's blood glistened under the moon.
Fin