Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Stars Reborn ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One
 
A drop of water fell creating a ripple effect. The darkness surrounding Sakura turned into a cliff. She was holding the sealing staff in her hand, with Kero and Yeu standing on her left and right.
 
“Where am I?” Sakura said
 
She heard the chime of small bells behind her, and turned around. Meters across from her was a forest of sakura trees (sakura means cherry tree and cherry blossom), and in front of the forest was a wolf. The wolf had brown fur and amber eyes. It's eyes showed determination and a serious nature within them.
 
The wolf took a step forward, “Stay back,” Sakura commanded it. To defend herself she swung the sealing staff in front of her like it was a sword only to see it was broken.
 
The head of the staff was gone.
 
Defenseless, Sakura was scared. The wolf saw how scared she was and its eyes softened. It started to whine, like it was trying to tell her she was safe and it won't hurt her.
 
“I know you,” Sakura stated. “But….who are you?”
 
RIIIIIIING RIIIIIIING
Sakura grabbed her alarm clock, turned it off and put it on her pillow. She opened her eyes and looked at the time.
 
“Hoe! I'm going to be late!” Sakura exclaimed jumping out of bed. She started rushing around her room getting ready.
 
Kero poked his head of his bedroom, “What's all the noise for?”
 
Sakura turned to him, “Kero-chan! Why didn't you wake me up?”
 
Kero shrugged, “I thought you might get up on time for once.”
 
Sakura stopped in front of her mirror and brushed her hair. She didn't put it up in little pig-tails because of the hair cut she had gotten a few months earlier. Her hair was shorter all around. It had even become a lighter shade thanks to the sun. (Her hair is the same as her hair from Tsubasa Chronicles).
 
When she had gotten her hair cut she was worried Tomoyo would be mad, but she said, “Sakura your hair is lovely, it brings more attention to your beautiful green eyes.”
 
As Sakura was leaving her room, she saw her elementary, and middle school uniforms in her closet. They both held so many memories, but now Sakura had her Seijo High School uniform to fill with memories.
 
She shook her head and focused on getting to school. She quickly ate her breakfast and started skating to school.
 
Sakura sighed, “I should make it to school on time now. I just hope they—“ Sakura was interrupted by a powerful presence, “Don't show up.” Sakura sighed again.
 
Kero popped out of her bag and said in her ear,” Sakura, do you feel that presence?”
 
“Hoe!” Sakura screamed. “Kero-chan, what are you doing here?”
 
“I'm here to check on you `cause you haven't been you cheerful self. Now answer the question,” Kero said.
 
“Yes, I feel it, Kero-chan. I was hoping it wouldn't be here today,” Sakura said sullenly.
 
“What—“ Kero never got to finish his question because they'd reached Seijo High School and Sakura immediately stuffed Kero in her school bag.
 
It's been like this everyday for weeks, Sakura thought walking to her class. That presence follows me everywhere I go, watching me. I don't feel as happy as I used to. Is this what's it like to be paranoid?
 
She opened the door to her class and saw Tomoyo wave her over. Sakura walked over to see her.
 
“Morning, Tomoyo-chan,” Sakura said.
 
“Good morning, Sakura-chan, I have something for you,” Tomoyo said. She handed Sakura a box with a ribbon on it.
 
“Tomoyo, you shouldn't have gotten me anything,” Sakura said holding the box in her hands.
 
Tomoyo had a thoughtful expression on her face, “You haven't been cheerful lately, and I'm hoping this will bring a smile back to you face. Now go on and open it.”
 
Sakura opened the box and saw a photo album. When she opened it, she almost cried out of happiness. The album was filled with pictures from her life starting at third grade when she and Tomoyo met.
 
“Arigato (Arigato means thank-you), Tomoyo-chan” Sakura turned to her and smiled, “Arigato.”
 
Throughout class Sakura looked through the album, reliving the memory each photo held. By break (a.k.a. lunch), she had gone through the photos taken in third grade. Sakura guessed fourth grade was next.
 
She turned the page and said one word, “Shaoran-kun,”
 
Sakura looked closer at the photos and gasped. “Sakura-chan what is it?”
 
Kero poked his head out of Sakura's school bag, “What is it, Sakura?”
 
“The wolf, it's Shaoran-kun,” she said.
 
Kero and Tomoyo both looked confused, “Wolf?”
 
Sakura began to explain, “Last night I had a strange dream. I was facing a pointed cliff, when I turned around I saw cherry trees, and a wolf. The wolf's fur was the same colour as Shaoran-kun's hair. What gave it away though was Shaoran-kun's eyes. They're the same as the wolf's.”
 
Kero sat on top of Sakura's bag. “So, the kid was a wolf in your dream,” Kero confirmed. “Was there anything strange in this dream?”
 
Sakura closed her eyes and went through her dream, “Yeah, the sealing staff was broken.”
 
“The staff was…” Tomoyo started. Kero finished, “Broken?”
 
Sakura's dream was definitely a fortelling dream, but as far as I know the staff can't break, Kero thought.
 
Suddenly Kero felt the same presence from that morning. He turned to Sakura and saw her eyes wide open, glazed over with fear.
 
“They're back,” she said. “I have to get away.” She got up and ran towards the school gates.
 
“Sakura-chan!” Tomoyo called after her.
 
Kero turned to Tomoyo, “I'll follow her,” and flew after her.
 
He only got a few feet before having to hide from students.
 
It's no good. At this rate it'll be a while a while before I catch up to her, Kero thought.
 
* * * *
 
Sakura was panicked. The only thing on her mind was getting out of sight of whoever was watching her.
 
She stopped at a cross-walk and focused on finding the strongest point of the presence. The presence was all around her with no weak point, so Sakura kept running forward.
 
As she ran across the road she heard someone calling her. She didn't care. She just kept running.
 
When Sakura stopped running the presence was weakening, but it still surrounded her. She looked around to see she was in the middle of King Penguin park.
 
She dropped down and started to cry.
 
“Sakura-chan!” Someone called.
 
The footsteps came closer until they stopped next to her.
 
Yukito knelt next to Sakura and put a hand on her shoulder.
 
As soon as Sakura felt someone touching her, she cringed away to try and protect herself.
 
Yukito was surprised by her actions. “Sakura-chan, what's wrong?” he asked.
 
For a moment Sakura looked up at Yukito with tear clouded eyes, then she buried her self in his shirt and cried harder than before. In between sobs she said, “Yukito-san.”
 
Yukito picked Sakura up bridal style and smiled at her, “If you stay in the rain you'll get sick.” Then put her down under a tree where the rain couldn't reach them.
 
“The other me is very worried about you, Sakura. He's demanding to talk to you, so I'm going to change,” Yukito warned her.
 
White wings unfolded from Yukito's back. They gave the appearance of the moon floating underneath the trees. They glowed as the reflected the light around them like the real moon in the sky.
 
The wings opened to reveal Yue. Immediately he said, “He exaggerates,” to try and save his dignity.
 
“Yue-san, they're everywhere. Always watching me. I can't get away,” Sakura cried.
 
Her face was tear stained, she wasn't thinking rationally, and she was unable to stop crying. Sakura was hysterical.
 
Yeu knew of only one way to stop her. He slapped her.
 
Sakura sat there stunned. Yue was the last person she expected to do that. Yet there she was, in the rain, and being brought back to her senses by the callous guardian of The Sakura.
 
“When people are hysterical, they aren't able to think properly. One with great power cannot allow themselves to be controlled by such a state,” Yue said.
 
Sakura nodded solemnly, “You're right. I'm sorry.”
 
“Finally, I caught up to you, Sakura!” Kero shouted flying towards Sakura ad Yue.
 
“What were you thinking! Running off like that is extremely dangerous!” Kero exploded. “Not to mention how worried Tomoyo is right now,” Kero added as an after thought.
 
Sakura looked at the ground. “I'm sorry Kero-chan. I didn't mean to make the two of you worry,” Sakura said with a trembling voice.
 
Kero patted the top of her head, “Don't cry, Sakura. You're safe so there's nothing to worry about now,” Kero comforted.
 
“Yue-san, Kero-chan, I need to get away from here,” Sakura told them.
 
“What do you mean?” Kero asked.
 
“Someone has been watching everything I do. They know where I go everyday and follow me. I feel like the only way to make them stop is to go somewhere else,” Sakura explained.
 
“The idea makes sense, but where would you go?”
 
“I'll transfer to a school in Hong Kong. The last time we went there you mentioned the city has an aura of its own, so if I go there whoever's following me shouldn't be able to find me easily,” Sakura said.
 
Kero looked into Sakura's eyes, and shrugged. “It looks as if you've made up your mind.”
 
“Uh-huh,” Sakura nodded.
 
“Then you should get back to school, and organize the transfer,” Kero said.
 
“I have a promise to keep, so I will have Yukito transfer to a college in Hong Kong,” Yue said.
 
“Let's go back to school, Kero-chan,” Sakura said. Then she turned to Yue, “Thank-you, Yue-san.”
 
Yue didn't acknowledge her thanks, and spread his wings to change back to Yukito.
 
Kero flew into Sakura's bag, as Sakura started walking back to school.
 
* * * *
 
A/N: Hi, All! This is a fic I've wanted to make for a long time now, and I've finally gotten to it. I hope you all enjoy this story, and if anyone reading this is also reading my other story Destiny's Spiral, the story from about chapter three onwards is being rewritten. So far I've just been making it up as I go, but I found my original notes and like them better than what I've got. So I'm going with them. Anyway thanks for reading, and please review to tell me what you think! R&R
 
~Kelso~