Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Stars Reborn ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS or smurfs. Can't say I'm sorry for not owning them though ^^;
 
Confessions In A Dream
 
There's no place like home there's no place like home.
 
Whenever I imagined being sealed from the living world I never expected it to be like this. I expected something dark. A vast empty space where I float for eternity. Basically the exact opposite of what I was looking at.
 
The world I was seeing was a page straight out of Alice and Wonderland. I started having flashbacks of The Little card capture. I shivered, that was easily one of the most terrifying days of my life.
 
Giant mushrooms all around, trees twice as tall as said mushrooms. They were beautiful but surreal. I could touch them and they would feel real to my hand but something was off about them. Now that I was actually concentrating on my surroundings, I noticed that the whole world gave off the feeling. Let me tell you, this feeling did not say, “Welcome to Happy Fairy La-La Land! Let us all join hands and sing in joyous welcome!”
 
Suddenly I really missed my friends. They would know what to do. I was better at the everyday things; it's everyone else who has read the great magical survival handbook. I myself hadn't gotten past the cover.
 
I made a fist and hit it into my other hand. The time for moping was over! Now was the time to prove what I could do. If I wasn't doing it for anyone else then I would do it for me.
 
“Everything will definitely be alright,” I repeated my comfort phrase.
 
If I were everyone else, what would I do? Tomoyo would encourage me to come up with my own plan while dropping me hints. She knew way too much for her own good. Meanwhile, Shaoran and Meilin would try to find a way out of this world. Neither plan sounded like a winner.
 
“I'll just walk around. That makes more sense than blasting the sky with magic or attacking anything deemed suspicious senseless.”
 
It wasn't long after I started walking through the giant mushrooms that I heard a rustling in the grass. Have I mentioned that the grass reached my knees? Well it does and the itching was a definite draw back to my school uniform's skirt.
 
Curiosity got the better of me and I went to see what was hidden. “Don't be a cat or praying mantis. I don't think I can handle another encounter like that,” I said under my breath as I parted the grasses. The opening in the grasses revealed, Meilin?
 
“What is Meilin-chan doing?” I asked myself.
 
“I'm looking for smerfs! What do you think I'm doing, Kinomoto-san?!” I felt that now wasn't the best time to bring up the fact that if I knew what she was doing, I wouldn't have bothered asking. “The answer is trying to find a way home! There's no way I'm staying in this twisted place any longer!” She started digging through grass again.
 
Why did I have to get paired with Meilin? She has the power to make me feel like a gnat just by looking at me. Though I did find it funny that I've gotten in her way multiple times, stolen her fiancée, forced her be my tour guide in Hong Kong, and many other things but she chose now to be snippy with me.
 
Or maybe she was always snippy. What kind of work is snippy anyway?
 
“Why are you standing there? Make yourself useful and help me!” Meilin shouted from somewhere beneath the grass. It seemed to devour her.
 
“Right,” I smiled to Meilin. True, digging through the grass wouldn't help us but it made Meilin feel better. She didn't like feeling useless and if searching pointlessly helped then I would do it too.
 
The two of us went on like this for hours, I assumed it had been hours since the sun had barely moved. We searched inch after inch until Meilin finally declared that we could have a break. Thank the Lord! Even Olympic athletes would have needed a break by that point. Then again they also would have done this and a training session.
 
“As strange as this place is, you have to admit, it's beautiful,” I said looking at the sky. There was no sun.
 
“How do you do it?” Meilin stared into my eyes. “How do you keep smiling?”
 
“Huh?” That was sudden.
 
“No matter what mess we get into you always smile and have this cheerful aura about you. I don't understand how you can do it.”
 
I couldn't help but laugh and smile at her. “It's because I know everything will definitely be okay. It always has been, hasn't it?”
 
“Hmm, I guess you're right. Still, I think you'll have to be happy for the both of us.” She stood up and pointed at me with one hand on her hip. It was a stance that made me nervous. One wrong move on either of our parts and I'd be out an eye. “That's your new job. Can you do that, Kinomoto-san?”
 
“Y-Yes, sir. I cowered under her stare.
 
There was a crackle sounding from somewhere close by. Meilin abandoned her power stance over me and looked towards the sound.
 
“Shaoran! Hurry and get up, Kinomoto-san! We might lose him!”
 
I stumbled after her into the trees and mushrooms. “Lose who?”
 
“Shaoran.”
 
“How do you know it's Shaoran-kun?”
 
“That's the sound of Shaoran's raitai shourai attack. I'd know it anywhere.” Like a search dog?
 
Sure enough Shaoran was there on the opposite side of the opposite side of the trees. He was kumping up a path of mushrooms and firing at the sky when he reached the tallest. After firing he landed on the ground near Tomoyo and started again.
 
“Shaoran!” Meilin called enthusiastically.
 
Shaoran looked at the two of us, blushed, and stumbled in the air only to go hurtling to the earth below.
 
Meilin started dragging me again as she ran over to the crash site. “Shaoran?! Are you okay?” She yelled the whole way.
 
Shaoran got up slowly. Looks like the fall hurt more than he was willing to let on. “Ugh…What was that for? You could have killed me.”
 
Meilin bowed her head. “I'm sorry, Shaoran. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you.”
 
“She's right, Shaoran-kun. But you wouldn't have been in any danger if you weren't attacking the sky,” I pointed out. I felt so smart. “Why were you going that anyway?”
 
“Li-kun was convinced that he could make a weak point in this world and we could escape. He believed the sky felt like the weakest point in this world,” Tomoyo filled in.
 
I called it.
 
“I wasn't having much luck,” he admitted reluctantly.
 
“Me neither,” Meilin shared.
 
“So that leaves the sky and ground inescapable. Looks like we're stuck,” I worked through out loud. I smiled.
 
“Why are you so happy about that?! We're stuck here alone, with no food, and we don't know if we're in danger!” Meilin burst out.
 
“At least we have each other. Li-san could have banished us to separate places,” I explained.
 
“Besides, Li-kun and I have yet to see another living being. Have either of you?”
 
We shook our heads.
 
“I see. If we're going to be stuck here, we should find food,” Shaoran said. “I'll go hunt for something. There has to be a river around here.” He ran off in the direction me and Meilin had come from.
 
“Wait! Shaoran-kun!” I ran after him. For some reason he didn't stop to let me catch up. “There's no river over there!” He didn't change his direction either.
 
I ran deep into the trees but I still couldn't find him. There were only more trees. The forest seemed to expand around me until Shaoran jumped down from the trees above.
 
“Shaoran-kun! Why didn't you wait for me back there?”
 
“Wasn't it a great idea? Now we can have some times to talk alone.” He genuinely smiled. He was so happy and proud but I couldn't stop myself from saying my next words.
 
“We could have had plenty of time to talk if you hadn't stopped sending letter,” I said sadly. I couldn't look at his face.
 
“I never stopped. You did.”
 
That was the most childish things I had ever heard him say. Even worse was the fact that he sounded dead serious. Did he think that I didn't have a brain? Did he really think so little of me?
 
“How could you say that?! One week your letters came and the next they didn't. The phone calls stopped and I could never get through to your house whenever I tired to call!” I'd never felt this combination of fury and sorrow before. The tears were streaming down my face and at the same time I couldn't stop myself from shouting.
 
“The same happened on my end, Sakura!”
 
Shaoran held my face up so I had no choice but to look into his eyes. They told me he was feeling pain just like I was. The emotion there quickly flickered to his usual determination as he made up his mind.
 
“Why would I stop sending letters to you? It ripped my heart out when all the Clow cards were transformed into Sakura cards, when your letters stopped, and when you left my house last month. It was as if half of my life was missing whenever you weren't there.
 
“The whole time we were apart I never stopped thinking about you! Not even for a second! I love you Sakura! Can't you see that? I love you more than my own life!” He said it with such passion.
 
I started crying.
 
“You do?”
 
“Yes! Every moment you're in any danger I drown in my own worry. I might ie inside if I ever lost you,” he said softly. His face was so red.
 
I embrace him. “I love you too, Shaoran-kun.”
 
When I looked up into his eyes I was locked in like always. This time Shaoran changed it up. He brought his face closer to mine until I could feel his breathe on my lips.
 
He's making sure this is what I want. That's what my instinct was telling me about his pause. Without a doubt I knew that this was what I wanted and I answered his question by bringing my lips to his.
 
It was like fireworks exploded inside me. Little wings had sprouted from the heel of my shoes and were flying me towards the sky. I was in complete and total bliss.
 
The kiss, my first kiss. I couldn't have imagined a better one. It was gentle and sweet and left me feeling full. My butterflies and I wanted nothing more than for this moment to go on forever as I rested my head on his shoulder.
 
“We have to go find food, you know,” I said softly.
 
“Meilin and Daidouji can wait. They don't have anywhere to go,” he said just as soft.
 
I giggled at how alike our thoughts were. Were all first kisses like this or was it just us?
 
But alas, all bits of heaven must end. I just wished the snake around my ankle had chosen someone else to bother.
 
I grunted in pain as it constricted around my leg. Then it bared it fangs and moved to bite me. Reacting instantly, I kicked it away and screamed.
 
Shaoran took his sword and stabbed it. The snake writhed as life left it. Its mouth hung open during death letting you see the venom dripping from its fangs.
 
“Are you alright, Sakura?” Shaoran asked.
 
“I am,” I told him shakily. That figured. Shaoran tells me he'd be devastated if he lost me and I almost die. You fates are so funny. So not.
 
“Shaoran seemed to focus hard on our surroundings. Sensing things, I guessed. “I don't like the idea of being separated from the others. We should get back as quickly as possible; something isn't right about this place.”
 
“I agree. Lead the way.”
 
Strange things happen in strange places. The field where I found Meilin digging in was gone. Instead there was a river. A river full of fish big enough to feed two people per. At least.
 
Octopus like creatures in said river that try to drown you are very wrong. Not to mention very scary.
 
Wet and mildly freaked out after my encounters with the snake and octopus creature, I walked closely next to Shaoran and our haul. Funny thing happened while I did that. I fell in a whole and sprained my ankle. This was not my day.
 
Now limping, wet, and freaked out, I tried making light conversation. “Isn't it unusual how we've been gone for hours but it hasn't gotten any darker? And that there's light but no sun?”
 
Shaoran made a sound of agreement. “It is weird. It's also weird that you've suddenly been in so much danger. Do you think it's that woman?”
 
“I don't know. Could she manipulate this place without actually being here?” I pondered.
 
“Which way do we go? We can't be too far from the others now.”
 
“I'll check. Watch the fish and water.” Shaoran jumped to the tree tops.
 
The forest was very beautiful and, dare I say it, peaceful when nothing was trying to kill me. I could almost imagine a life for me here. You could probably make a cabin out of a single tree.
 
Does Shaoran really climb to the top of those things? They're huge. Can Meilin climb them too? She must be able to. The two went through the same training.
 
A little voice interrupted my idle thoughts. “How many times have I told you not to go in there?”
 
“I'm sorry, Papa Smurf. Curiosity got the best of me,” another said.
 
“Curiosity killed the cat, you know, Tracker.”
 
“You're right. Now hurry, we have to save Smurfette. She's was caught by her alto-ego self in the tree cavern.” The little voices trailed off.
 
That right there put everything that had happened so far into the kind of normal area. Confessions, mysterious switching landscapes, lack of sun or moon. All of it was beat by the little people in the grass.
 
Why was the ground shaking? Earthquakes were not supposed to happen off of the earth. The world was bending and shaking along with the ground. It was like looking through smoke over a fire.
 
The leaves were falling from the trees and mushrooms shriveled. As the world died around me I say a glimpse of the darkened sky. As the world died, night had finally fallen.
 
As the leaves fell around me from the sky I saw something glitter as it shot towards me. The light like senbon flew into my chest. “Uugh!” I cried out. A sharp pain traveled through my body like a sudden change. Just as quickly as the pain and light had appeared, it was gone. Disappeared somewhere in my body.
 
I didn't have time to think about what it was. When the pain cleared from my vision I saw Shaoran diving from the tree top. He reached out his arm to reach me and shouted my name. Before he could reach me I blinked and found myself where Chun Li had attacked. The other three were waking up around me while True-Form Kero and Yue stood close by. It sounded like they were arguing.
 
“That was a foolish move. No doubt the authorities are on their way here to investigate a pack of loose lions,” Yue said.
 
“I didn't see you coming up with any ideas about how to wake them!” Kero shouted back. “I just used the loudest thing I had.”
 
“You're right. You're mouth is ridiculously loud. I'll be sure to get a muzzle for you.”
 
“Kero-chan? Yue-san?” I said.
 
“What was that world we were in before? And how did we get back? I thought Li-san was the only one with the power to bring us back,” Tomoyo said in a very confused manner.
 
“What world? You were all trapped in an illusion. Your bodies have been lying here the whole time,” Kero explained.
 
Yue was getting impatient. “We don't have time for this now. All of you get up and leave here. We'll be discovered if we stay much longer,” he said.
 
All the pain I'd felt was gone. My ankle wasn't sprained and the pain from the light senbon had stopped echoing. Had that all really been an illusion? All other illusions I had ever been in felt like a dream. This one had felt just as real as reality.
 
Why had I almost died? Who cut off communication between Shaoran and I and why? A nagging sensation about the whole situation today never left me on the run home and through out the next two weeks.
 
If I had thought things were strange this time around, then I would be blown out of my mind for the next happening in my life.
 
Can't Card Captors ever get a break?
 
----------------
 
Preview With Meilin And Tomoyo
 
“That's it?! I dig around in the dirt and look like an idiot! That is not the screen time I want. Hmm, but then again I did get more screen time and lines then you did, Daidouji-san….Daidouji-san?
 
“What are you reading? Letters? How old are these? Who were you writing to that the letter took that long to get here? Hiiragizawa-san?! How long have you been exchanging letters with and does anyone else know?!”
 
“Sakura-chan and I have both been exchanging letters with Hiiragizawa-kun for a long time now.”
 
“Let me read that! Interesting predicament….visit….me updated. You've got to be kidding me!”
 
-------------------
 
So there's the end of this and a little preview like thing. I'm sure a lot of you we're probably waiting for the confession and here it is. For some reason I don't see Shaoran just saying his feelings randomly, I see him needing some sort of motivation. Thus I created one that ties into the plot. Until next time!