Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Unresolved Issues ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

22 May 03

Title: Starting Over Series #8

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: Touya + Yukito/Yue

Warnings: Angst, sap, pesky guy/girl, whatever

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Sequel to Arising Complications

Unresolved Issues

The past few weeks were starting to take a toll on Touya and he was exhausted. He hadn't been able to sleep much because of his confused emotions. It didn't help that Kaho had become Sakura's substitute teacher again and that was all his sister talked about. Or the fact that he was unsure how he felt about Kaho now and what to do about it. And he still had problems with his stalker Ryo and unresolved issues with Yukito and Yue. If he didn't figure out what to do soon then he knew for a fact that he would go crazy.

"Touya?"

Opening up exhausted eyes he lifted his head and saw his father standing in the doorway.

"Yes dad?"

"Do you need to talk?"

He could hear the worried tone in his father's voice and felt guilty. A part of him wanted to ask for his fathers help but he knew that this was something he had to resolve on his own.

"No not right now but thanks."

Touya watched as his dad nodded his head and left the room. Laying back down he gazed up at the ceiling again and wondered what he was going to do.

*

It was another warm day outside of the shrine and the old tree was in full bloom. Sakura blossoms floated by and it smelled sweet. Touya had come to the tree to think like he did when he was young but that wasn't the only reason. He needed to see Kaho again and find out if he did have feelings left for the woman. So far he did not have to the courage to find her yet and let out a sigh.

"Hello Touya."

Closing his eyes he took a deep breath and then turned around. Kaho stood a few feet away and was gazing at him curiously. Her red hair floated in the breeze and her pale skin glowed softly.

"Hello Kaho."

"What brings you here?"

"I came here because I need to ask you something. May I kiss you?"

He was a bit embarrassed asking her this but he needed to know if he felt something for her. There last kiss had awoken something inside of him and he need to know what. He could tell she was not shocked by his question and he wondered about that.

"Its because of our last kiss is it not?"

Touya nodded slowly and he watched as she smiled.

"Very well then you can."

Walking up to her, Touya wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her closer. Kaho slid her arms around his neck and waited. His skin tingled slightly from her touch and he gazed down into her green eyes. Taking a deep breath and hoping this was the right thing to do, he leaned down and kissed her on the lips.

*

Yukito let out a tired yawn as he walked towards home. His job had been a bit stressful today and he was drained. The last few weeks hadn't been going so well and it was all thanks to Touya. He wondered if the other man was ever going to figure out his feelings and finally settle things once and for all.

(Don't worry Yuki, I am sure that everything will work out fine.)

(I hope you are right Yue because all this waiting and hoping is killing me.)

"Yukito?"

Letting out a startled yelp he whirled around and smiled in delight.

"Eriol! When did you get back in Japan?"

The blue haired boy smiled at him charmingly and winked.

"Just a few hours ago and I was just coming by to visit Kaho."

Yukito could hear the love in Eriol's voice and smiled. He wondered if the other boy had come to talk to Kaho and hopefully take her back to England. Yukito did like the woman, but not when it was interfering with Touya and causing them problems.

"Would you like to walk with me there and catch up on old times Yukito?"

Nodding his head in agreement the two of them walked towards the temple. Eriol informed him that his two guardians had come as well but were staying back at the hotel. He had wanted to see Kaho alone and had told the other two to come later. Somehow he knew that Touya would not be pleased to know that Naruku was back in town and could hear Yue chuckle in amusement.

(Oh he will be pissed off indeed.)

(She wasn't so bad, well most of the time.)

The laughing moon guardian had Yukito smiling as well and he just shook his head. About to ask Eriol another question, he mounted the last step to the temple and froze in shock. There before him stood Kaho and Touya. The two were holding each other and appeared to be kissing quiet passionately. Pain rippled through him and he fell to his knees.

"Kaho?"

He could hear the pain in Eriol's voice and watched the two jump apart. If only this were a dream and he could wake up but alas it was turning into a nightmare. Jumping to his feet he turned around and ran. He could hear someone yelling his name but didn't care. All he wanted to do was run away and hide from the world. Closing his eyes he begged Yue to take over and felt the change take place.

Yue opened pained filled eyes and launched himself into the air. He could hear Yukito sobbing through their link and felt his heart break. How could Touya do this and not even tell them? He remembered that the other man said there would be no more secrets but then this happened. Everything felt like it was falling apart and there was nothing he could do about it. Letting out a pain filled moan, Yue wondered if they would be able to survive this betrayal.

*

Touya frantically ran after the moon guardian and yelled his name. He could tell that he had wounded Yukito and Yue. There had been such heartache and sadness in those eyes, and it was all his fault. If only he had told them what he had planned on doing and not find out this way. Slowing to a halt he lowered his head and cursed in frustration.

"Touya I am sorry."

Turning around he smiled bitterly at Kaho.

"Sorry about what?"

He could see the sadness in her eyes and glanced past her at Eriol. The boy was watching her and he could see how hurt he was.

"For dragging you into this situation and even agreeing to kiss you."

"No it my fault and I do not blame you."

"Have you found the answer to your question?"

Closing his eyes he nodded his head and smiled at her sadly.

"Yes I have but at what cost?"

Kaho walked over to him and gave him a hug. He hesitantly returned it and rested his head on her shoulder.

"That is for you to decide, now go after them."

Nodding his head, he turned around and raced after the moon guardian. He wondered what was going to happen to Kaho and Eriol now, but that was for them to decided. Right now he needed to find his friend and have a very long talk.

*