Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Arising Complications ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

28 Mar 03

Title: Starting Over Series #7

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: Touya + Yukito/Yue

Warnings: Angst, sap, pesky guy/girl, whatever

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Sequel to Problems with the Heart

Arising Complications

The past few weeks had been hectic and tiring for one Kinomoto Touya. First off he had exams all over the place and he still hadn't had a chance to study for them. Then his job was busy as hell lately and he was feeling run down. Next was that guy Ryu seemed to be everywhere lately and wouldn't take no for an answer. And finally there was still the issue about his relationship with his best-friend and moon guardian. Could he resolve his issues and be with the other or not. This was just causing him one big headache and didn't think it could get any worse.

"Touya!"

Snapping his head up at the shout he looked around before spotting the caller. Long auburn hair blew in the breeze and he somehow knew that it had gotten a lot worse.

"Hello Kaho."

Somehow in his odd musing he had arrived at the old Shrine and wondered if it might be instinctive. Whenever he was feeling extremely stressed or lonely he would come here. He wondered if it was because he felt the spirit of the old Cherry tree and it somehow soothed him.

"When did you get back?"

Kaho was smiling at him but it seemed false somehow. In situations like theses he wished that he had his power and then he could read the other easier. Auras were so much easier to see when one had power but it had been given up for a good reason.

"Not that long ago. I decided to take a break from my studies in London and come back here to rest."

Somehow he knew that she was lying and he wondered what was up. Why would she come back here alone and not bring Eriol? Feeling extremely suspicious he decided to find out.

"So where's Eriol and his guardians at? I know that Sakura would be happy if they were back and the others too."

He watched, as she seemed to flinch and grow pale. Bingo right on target.

"They are still in England and won't be here for this trip."

Looking at her skeptically I watched as she sighed before giving me a resigned expression.

"I see that you are better at reading me now Touya then you were back then."

Touya felt pained for a moment by her cool words and tried to ignore it. Perhaps if he had been good at reading her in the past then maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt. He watched as a bitter smile appeared on her face before she spoke again.

"I have decided to leave Eriol for the time being since we were having problems."

Unsure of what to say he was astonished when she walked up to him and slipped her arms around his neck. But what surprised him more was when she kissed him and then drew back. Smiling sadly at him for a moment she turned around and walked away. Watching her go into the temple he wondered why she had done that. It was obvious at when he saw Eriol and Kaho that the two were in love but what could have made her leave? But what startled him more was the kiss and that he had perhaps liked it. He felt like he had betrayed the other ones who loved him and guilty as well. With a heavy heart he turned around and headed home.

*

Sitting at the dinner table a few nights later, with Yukito, Kero, and Sakura, Touya idly wondered what to do about Kaho and the kiss. He hadn't had the guts to tell his friend nor did he want to hurt him. No matter which way he turned it in his mind, he somehow knew that he need to resolve it. Picking at his food he didn't notice that the other man was watching him.

Yukito had noticed that his friend had been acting weird of late and he didn't know what had caused it. So far he hadn't had the guts to ask him what was wrong but it seemed that he should soon.

"I saw Ms. Mizuki today and she might be substituting at my school again."

Yukito watched as Touya jerked a moment before glancing at his sister. He wondered what was up with the other man and why he felt a vague sense of fear.

"I ran across her a few nights ago but she didn't mention that."

"What! And you didn't tell me!"

"Sorry Sakura."

He was shocked that Touya hadn't told him before that his ex was back in town. Apart of him was feeling hurt and he tried to ignore it. Gazing at Touya he noticed that the other was avoiding eye contact and he grew suspicious. The other man was hiding something and he didn't like it.

(Perhaps we should as him about this after dinner?)

(Do you think he is hiding something Yue?)

The moon guardian seemed to be thinking it over and Yukito waited patiently. His other half was a better at thinking logically and he was better at emotions.

(Yes and its better to ask him outright then speculate about it. Do you want me to do it?)

(Yes I would be too emotional. But I will ask to speak to him after dinner ok?)

(Alright.)

**

Yukito stood beside his best friend and helped him with the dishes. Sakura had already gone up stairs with Kero and they were all alone. This was the perfect time to talk to him and lay his suspicions to rest.

"Touya, Yue wants to talk to you outside after we are done."

He watched the other look at him for a moment before nodding. There had been a flash of guilt in his brown eyes before he had turned back to the dishes. Somehow that sense of fear was growing stronger.

The finally finished drying the last dish and turning around stepped out into the garden. Letting out a sigh Yukito looked up at the sky and could not see the moon.

(It's a new moon tonight and the full moon won't be out for another few days. Are you ready?)

Nodding his head he closed his eyes and felt the change take over. White wings opened and Yue gracefully floated to the ground. He regarded Touya quietly for a moment before walking over to him. Looking into the dark brown eyes he saw turmoil and something else. Reaching up he cupped the other man cheek and smiled sadly.

"What are you hiding from us Touya?"

He watched as the other closed pain filled eyes the other looked away. Yue could sense the pain coming from the other and wondered what he could do.

"Please Touya I only want to help you."

The other man let out a cold and bitter laugh. Yue didn't even flinch when the other glared at him with pain filled eyes.

"Do you really want to know Yue?"

Feeling a horrible forbidding he nodded his head and waited.

"Kaho kissed me the other night and I liked it. I don't know why or even how I could. I mean the woman broke my heart and then left me. Gods what is wrong with me."

Yue was shell-shocked and so was Yukito. The moon guardian felt agony rip through his soul and almost moaned in pain.

"Do you want to be with her?"

Touya closed his eyes in pain and thought about that. He wasn't to sure what he wanted and it was causing him problems. Opening his eyes again he gazed down at the bent white head and let out a sigh. Pulling the other into his arms he felt him stiffen before relaxing against him. Resting his head against the silky hair he pulled the other tighter against him.

"I am sorry Yue, I didn't mean to keep this from you or lie. I just wanted time to figure it out and then coming to explain to you. The last thing in the world I want to do is hurt you two."

"And have you?"

Letting out a sigh he stepped back slightly and gazed down into silver eyes. There was still trust there and love. Sometimes when he saw that in either hazel or silver he felt so guilty. A part of him felt unworthy of their love and he wondered if he ever would feel worthy.

"No but I promise when I do then you will be the first to know. And no more secrets from me ok?"

Yue nodded in agreement before pulling him close again.

"No more secrets or else you will be in trouble Touya."

Closing his sudden tear filled eyes he hoped that he could keep that promise and resolve this issue.

**

(It hurts Yue. Do you think we did the right thing?)

(I don't know Yukito)

The moon guardian clutched his knees tighter to his chest and gazed at the stars. He had left the Kinomoto's an hour ago and decided to fly home instead. Touya had been so relieved that he had been understanding and supportive. But the sad part was he was terrified and afraid of losing the other. At long last he had found someone to love again and he might be snatched away. He wasn't to sure if he could survive that kind of pain again and neither would Yukito.

(I hope that Touya figures this out soon because I don't know if I could deal with it. Having to watch him and Kaho together would be too painful.)

Nodding his head in agreement he closed his eyes and closed his wings. All he had was hope that Touya would figure it out and maybe choose Yukito and himself. But hope right now was an empty comfort.

(The scary thing about it all Yue is he never answered your question.)

Yue's head snapped up and he sighed in irritation. He had been so distraught by everything that it had slipped his mind.

(I can't believe I forgot to get an answer for that questions Yukito.)

He felt his other half's reassurance and warm support.

(The sad thing is I don't think he know himself Yue and that what makes it worse.)

Gazing up at the stars again they both prayed that everything would be alright somehow.

**