Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Syaoran no Kangae ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I did a double take when I saw Tomoyo and Sakura on my doorstep,their raincoats dripping.

"What took you so long,Syaoran?"asked Sakura,barging inside my living room.Meanwhile,Tomoyo took her raincoat off and searched for a hanger.

I took her coat and hung it behind the door.

"Oops!I think I got your sofa wet."Sakura smiled apologetically.

If that was another person,I'm going to throw at him the first thing I can grab and throw him out of my house.

But Sakura is not just another person.She's..well,Sakura.The girl of my dreams,the goddess of my life,,the mistress of my heart and the keeper of my soul.

Tomoyo cleared her throat behind me."Careful!You might melt, Sakura!"she whispered.

"What are you guys doing here?"I asked,pretending to be annoyed.What an idiot I was awhile ago,staring openly at Sakura!What if she finds out about my feelings?Mundo trouble!

Fortunately,Sakura didn't notice my little silly moment awhile ago.She cheerfully brought out her Math notebook after handing me her raincoat.

"Tomoyo and I came here to ask your help.We're a bit confused about the word problems-" Sakura kept talking but nothing that she says is making sense in my mind.How I wish she could just keep on talking so I could keep on staring at her pretty face...

"Syaoran?Hello?"came Sakura's voice.

I blinked several times before realizing that Sakura's curious face is just inches away from mine.I began to feel my face go warm.

She waved a finger in front of my face."Are you there?"

I quickly stood up,running my eyes across the room.Where is Tomoyo Daidouji?Did she see this one?

"Hey!" Sakura stood up too."I said,are you ok?"

"Sure I am."I said in my coolest voice before heading out of the room.

"Where are you going?"She wanted to know.

"I'm going to make snacks."I replied.

Her eyes lighted up."Ooh,can I come?"

Now what guy in his right mind would say no to those pleading emerald eyes?"Certainly."I said,leading the way to the kitchen.

Sakura began to cook the noodles while I chop the vegetables.The room was silent except for the sound of the boiling water and veggies being chopped.

"You are really something,Li-kun. Most boys I know tend to think that cooking is for girls only and all they know is fighting."Sakura began.

I paused."I'm no different.I like fighting too." She blushed faintly."But you fight to protect others..me,for instance."her last words were barely audible.

"Come again?"I said,turning to her.

"N-Nothing.Anyway,it's quite embarassing to admit this but you're a much better cook than I am.Your future wife is sure lucky."said Sakura,a wistful note in her voice.

I laughed."And your future husband is one poor and unlucky guy."

"Yeah sure.Rub it in my face,will you Syaoran?"she commented dryly.

I turned back to my work."Sakura,it doesn't matter if you are no cook or that you can't boil water to save your life.Well at least,for me.But I'm sure you will make any man proud and happy to be his wife someday."

The kitchen once again became silent.I mentally kicked myself.What if I said too much?

"That's awfully nice of you,Syaoran.Thanks for the feel-good words."She whirled around,giving me a smile that took my breath away.God,how I love this girl!

So there we were,just staring at each other in comfortable silence.We could just go on like this forever if not for the sound of claps behind us.

We turned around and saw Tomoyo clapping her hands in delight."Gosh,you guys look like you were in a trance!Did I just miss something?"

"Where have you been,Tomoyo-chan?"Sakura demanded,her cheeks hot.

I touched mine and discovered that they were warm too."Yeah!"I echoed.

The long-haired girl beamed."In your room.I taped a special edition for my collection:Syaoran's Room Secrets Revealed!"

"WHAT?!"I ran to my room as fast as I could.I threw the door open and felt my jaw drop.