Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Syaoran no Kangae ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
In the middle of my bed sat my bear embracing Sakura's framed picture.

"Syaoran,are you ok?"Sakura called behind my shoulders.

I impulsively dove to the bed and covered the bear with a blanket.I slipped the framed picture in the back of the pocket of my pants.

Sakura sat down the bed looking puzzled."What are you hiding beneath the blanket,Li-kun?"

I gave her my most charming killer smile that always turns my cousin into mush."N-Nothing."

She peered closely at my face."Why are you smiling like that?Is something stuck in your jaw?"

Ok,so she didn't notice how amazingly cute I am.Big deal.

She suddenly reached for my bear.I swiped it from her hands and held it out of her reach.

"Hey!I wanna see the bear!"protested Sakura,wrestling me for the toy.

"S-Sakura!"My heartbeat went erratic.Her soft body in my arms,her breath on my neck,her hands reaching for mine..it's a dream come true!

Fine.Technically,she's beating me up to see the bear,but can you blame a guy for daydreaming?

"Oof!"I fell down the floor from the bed.Sakura,on the other hand,raised the toy up in triumph."Got it!"

She plopped down the bed,hugging the stuffed toy."Wow!This bear is so cute!And huggable too!"

Lucky bear!Why can't Sakura see that I'm cute and huggable too?

"For whom did you made the bear for,Syaoran?"asked Tomoyo,sitting down beside Sakura.

I felt my face go hot.Should I confess now?Should I?Should I?

I'd rather not.What if Sakura can't reciprocate my feelings for her?Ouch!Besides,I can't risk the special bond that Sakura and I have.

"For Yamazaki."I replied instead.

"What did you say?"exclaimed the girls.

I realized what I just said."Uh,I mean,Yamazaki asked me to make a bear for him that he,in turn,will give to Chiharu."

"Oh."

Sakura hugged the bear tighter."I wish someone would give me a bear as cute as this."

Bull's eye!I looked away so they won't notice the circus of colors on my cheeks.

Tomoyo laughed,but she suddenly stopped."The noodles!"

We all rushed down to rescue our food and my kitchen.Fortunately,only our food died.My wok is in critical condition though.


I sighed. "Coffee,anyone?"