Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Garden Keeper ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, quick note. I knew I should have left the part with the flower out of the last chapter. I realized afterwards it would create a little bit of chaos.

The falling petal does not mean the rose is dying. I simply put it in there to represent the rift of emotions between Sakura and Syaoran. I should have thought that through a little more. It was a little late when I wrote that part yesterday.

The Garden Keeper

By Amiboshi-chan

Chapter seven

Once back at the house, Syaoran took a couple deep breaths and calmed down. He shouldn't have gotten mad at Sakura like that, but he didn't understand. It was almost as if they were still ten, and Sakura was still playing her fairy charade.

Syaoran had to smile as he thought about those days. Sakura had long since given up trying to convince him she was a sprite, for she knew it did no good on him. She had matured and stopped playing such games. And as much joy as those days had brought, Syaoran wanted a relationship with Sakura that would mature, too . . . that would go somewhere.

Sakura had spent some time thinking about their love as well, and when Syaoran came back out the next morning, she knew what she had to say. And she would try her best not to cry.

"Syaoran, I don't think this is going to work out."

Syaoran's gut twisted as he heard those words, but he took them in carefully. "I don't think so either."

Sakura's eyes widened. "So . . . you understand??"

Syaoran stepped forward. "No, not really. I don't understand why you've given up so easily!"

Sakura shrunk back. "Syaoran, I . . ."

Syaoran grabbed her shoulders firmly. "But I'm not going to let you give up that easily, Sakura. We can make this work. I know we can! Something needs to change, but not in the way you mean. I think . . . I think we should solidify our relationship."

Sakura blinked. "I'm not sure I know what you mean."

Syaoran sighed. YOU know, like couples, going out, dating, boyfriend and girlfriend, whatever you want to call it, just . . ."

"So . . . giving what we already have a title to help cement it in place?" Sakura interrupted raising an eyebrow.

It was Syaoran's turn to blink. "You could look at it that way, if you like."

Sakura stared at him for a long moment. It was obvious he was not backing down very easily. "Okay. Let's give it a try."

Syaoran broke out into a goofy grin. He captured each of her wrists, pulling them up and giving them each a soft kiss. "I've had pretty bad luck with girlfriends in the past couple of years." He said. "Or maybe I was just too much in love with you to make them count. All I know is I'm not letting this one get away. I promise if we survive the summer, we'll be together forever." Sakura giggled a little, a sign that Syaoran had succeeded in cheering her up.

"I love you, Syaoran Li." Sakura said quietly, but loud enough for Syaoran to hear. He smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

"And I love you. I have to go inside now, but I'll be back later." Sakura nodded, and Syaoran left.

As she watched him go, Sakura pleaded with the powers that be for a miracle. `Please God, let this all work out. Don't fail me now."

I have one more brief note. I notice people seemed a little upset at the serious turn that the story took in chapter six. I apologize, but that's really all part of the story. As Syaoran and Sakura grow up and their relationship becomes more serious, so does the story itself. I apologize again to those who expected the cutesy happy-go-lucky tone to continue, and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the past six chapters Even more, I hope you will enjoy the rest of the story as well. Thanks for all your support!

Amiboshi-chan