Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Garden Keeper ❯ Chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Garden Keeper

By Amiboshi-chan

Chapter 6

The next day, Syaoran was a little nervous about what to say to Sakura after yesterday's episode. But he had made his decision, and by noon he had worked up the courage to venture back to the garden.

When he found Sakura, she was sitting on one of the benches as usual, resting on her arm with a finger at her lips. Syaoran couldn't help but notice that she was especially adorable in that position. She had obviously not noticed his arrival. He walked up until he was directly behind her. She didn't turn.

She sat for a moment longer, then she closed her eyes. She drew her hand away from her face as she whispered "Syaoran . . ."

Syaoran slid onto the bench beside her and wrapped his arms around her in one fluid motion. Sakura let out a small gasp as she realized his presence, but didn't fight him.

"Syaoran, I . . ."

"Do you love me, Sakura?" Syaoran's question startled her, and the fierce emotions blazing in his amber eyes made it difficult to speak. She nodded, slowly at first.

"I do love you, Syaoran. More than anything."

His eyes softened as his embrace tightened. Sakura looked down shyly before softly asking "And do you love me?"

Syaoran chuckled. "Of course I do, silly."

@--{---

"Syaoran! We're back!"

After a few weeks, Menami returned with Yelan. Syaoran didn't hear them call, though, as he was out with Sakura then.

Syaoran did hear when Yelan stood at the back porch and yelled. He grabbed Sakura by the hand and stood up. Sakura gave him a wary look. "Come meet my mother, Sakura."

Sakura shook her head. "No, no. I'm . . .not ready."

Syaoran gave her an exasperated look. "Okay, fine then. I'll be back."

Sakura shook her head after he left. She hated lying to him, but he just didn't seem to understand that she couldn't leave the garden. She simply couldn't.

Syaoran ran back to the house. He stopped and composed himself before walking into the living room.

"Syaoran, where were you? I called almost ten minutes ago." Yelan walked up to her son.

"Sorry mom, I was down by the ocean." Syaoran said.

"That's fine, I just wanted you to know we're back. Go say hello to Menami now."

"Yes mom." He turned to leave.

"Hey." Yelan said, and Syaoran turned. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Syaoran said, accepting a hug from his mother. "Welcome back." Syaoran turned and walked into the parlor

" Hello, Menami san."

"Oh, hello, Syaoran. Thanks for taking such good care of my house. This place hasn't been this clean in years." Menami smiled warmly.

"Of course."

Menami looked around. "Well, I should probably be getting dinner ready." With that she turned and headed back to the kitchen.

"I'll be back in a minute, and I'll help you." Syaoran called after her as he jogged to the back door.

"Sakura, I know you're not ready to meet my mother yet, but now is the perfect time. You can come join us for dinner. I promise, my mom's actually really cool."

But Sakura just shook her head. "Thank you, but I really can't go to dinner with your parent today. I'm sorry."

Syaoran grabbed her by the shoulders. "When, then? You'll have to meet her eventually!"

"I don't know yet! I'm just not ready, okay?!" Sakura jerked away and ran to the safety of the back of the garden, hidden by the denser rose bushes. Syaoran shook his head and walked angrily back to the house.

Sakura waited until she was sure he was gone before she re-emerged from the cove of roses. Slowly she picked her way towards the rose they had saved from death so many years ago. A soft purple petal floated gently to the ground as a lone tear rolled down her face.

Wahh, I hate leaving sad endings! I'll try to get the next part up soon, but I'm leaving town for a while Friday and won't have access to a computer until the 2nd of July. So If I don't get the next chapter up by tomorrow, I apologize for making you all wait!! Hmm, I like my head where it is, so I think I'll go work on the next chapter now!!

Amiboshi-chan