Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Garden Keeper ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Garden Keeper

By Amiboshi-chan

Chapter five

That summer ended as always, and Syaoran once again went home. It wasn't until the summer he was sixteen that he returned to Menami's home.

This time was different. Menami and Yelan had gone to Morioko for a huge high school reunion. She had trusted him with the beach house until she returned. It was just him and the garden. And Sakura.

Sakura was growing more beautiful by the moment. Her reddish hair was now long, pooling over her shoulders and trailing down her back. Her emerald green eyes glowed with light and life. Her skin was pale and lightly freckled, and her smile was serene. Syaoran was stunned when he saw her for the first time.

As before, Sakura welcomed him with a big hug and an `I've missed you.' Then the world started turning again, summer resumed a usual pace.

On one particularly lazy day, Syaoran packed a basket full of food and went out to the garden.

"Hey, Sakura, I'm back!" He called as he entered the garden. Sakura appeared, smiling. Then she saw the basket in his hand and tilted her head cutely.

"What's in there?"

Syaoran lifted the basket. "A picnic. I brought us lunch."

"Oh, okay." Sakura sat down beside him as he pulled sandwiches, melon and a couple of colas out of the basket. Sakura watched as he ate his sandwich, and picked up hers. Slowly, she bit into her sandwich. Her face lit up. "Yummy!"

Syaoran smiled at how easy it was to excite her. It was just a plain turkey sandwich, but she had acted like she'd never tasted one before.

After lunch was over, Sakura smiled at Syaoran. "Thank you," she said softly, and leaned forward. Before Syaoran knew what was happening, Sakura had kissed him on the cheek and trotted away into the garden.

Syaoran blushed a deep scarlet then took off after her. He was quick and caught the giggling female in a matter of moments, wrapping his arms around her waist for dear life. She turned herself around so she was facing him, and put her hands on his chest. He held her there for a moment, and then he released her.

Splash!!

A soft push landed Sakura on her bottom in the pond. The water itself was no more than waist high, and Sakura easily pushed herself up, sputtering with indignity. Syaoran laughed with entirely no mercy. As he saw her wading towards the bank, he threw his head back and laughed harder. It was then that Sakura leapt up and grabbed him by the wrists and pulled with all her might.

Syaoran went in face first with a yell, not expecting that sort of retort. He came up for air, and was about to launch into an argument when he realized he had no backing for it. That, and Sakura was giving him that smile again. So distracting . . .

Not even Syaoran new what he was doing until his face was only inches away from Sakura's. And by then, it was too late to turn back. Tentatively, he placed his lips over hers.

The first kiss was sweet and chaste, as they usually are. It was a simple kiss that meant the world to them and nothing to the world around them. Sakura turned her green eyes up to Syaoran's amber ones, both wondering what to say now. But neither knew, so neither said anything. They just climbed up to the bank and sat, drying in the hot sun, wrapped up in each other as they waited for dusk.

There's another funny ending. I don't do mushy scenes very well, as you can probably tell by now. Oh well, practice makes perfect! And reviews make me practice more. So keep `em coming!!!

Amiboshi-chan